!!! PLEASE READ!!! Important News Regarding Swaps & Shares!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aka-mad4themouse

<font color="blue">Budget Board Co-Host</font>
It has always been a rule on the DIS that anything involving money changing hands between members was not permitted on the boards. With that in mind, a decision has been made to end all swaps and shares that include money passing between DISers.

What does this mean?

• [*]Beginning today, all Photopass shares are over on the DIS. No new Photopass shares can be started.​

[*]Threads for existing Photopass shares will be locked on Friday of this week. Any new threads will be deleted beginning today.​

[*]Fridge and stroller swaps that are free can continue. However, if a refrigerator/stroller is lost or damaged, the swap leader cannot collect money from members to replace the lost/damaged item. Swaps may continue if an item is donated for the use of subsequent share members.​

[*]No new fridge or stroller swaps will be permitted to start unless the fridge/stroller is a donated item and the swap is free to all participants.​

[*]Any fridge or stroller swap that is not free to new members will be closed on Friday of this week. This will allow those leaders of swaps that are currently collecting money to decide whether they are willing/able to offer their swap for free. On Friday, any swap threads that are not free will be locked and their links will be removed from the sticky threads.​

If there are questions or concerns, I'll be around most of the day to address them. Send me a PM or post it here.

I have seen threads where somebody is offering a toy or clothing and in exchange they want Disney Dollars or gift cards. Both are considered cash, so do they fall under this new rule?

Well, personally, this is good news.

I have seen threads where somebody is offering a toy or clothing and in exchange they want Disney Dollars or gift cards. Both are considered cash, so do they fall under this new rule?

Cash, Disney Dollars and gift cards all fall in the same category. So anyone on the "Come Trade with Us" thread will be limited to trading goods between them. No cash or its equivalent can change hands.

Kind of a bummer, but I can totally understand why. Thanks for keeping us informed!

I understand BUT I was looking forward to the Photo Share... I am quite disappointed. This has been going on for years and now with the possibility of something that might have occurred it is a shame for the majority who never had a problem. :(

Would it be acceptable to do one post about a photoshare and give an email address, and have everything done through email? Then everything would be done off of the boards except for the original contact.

This bites!!!!!
For some of us this was one of the only ways to be able to get some of the extra little things that we might not otherwise have been able to do.(Share a photopass, share in the cost of a stroller)I personnally refuse to pay Disney what they charge for a stroller rental nor is it in my budget for 9 days!!!

I was excited about the stroller swap I found because the money collected went straight to the strollers to make sure that they were always in good working condition.(There was money there when things needed replacing)
The swap leader truly has her heart in it and enjoyed doing the swap.

If you are going to lock the threads of paying swaps how are the people already in the swap suppose to communicate with each other in order to complete the swap that has already started? Will the PM function to a swapper still work on a locked thread?

Truly heartbroken that this decision has been made.:sad1:

I think it's a shame as well. There is no way that a swap can continue and be free. No one will take care of it and the stroller will be trashed very quickly. I think it's very sad and unfortunate that it has come to this. There are going to be a lot of angry disers because of this.

With the change in rules, I would suggest that those of you who are looking to do this kind of stuff start something like a yahoo group to continue to do your swaps/trades.

Would it be acceptable to do one post about a photoshare and give an email address, and have everything done through email? Then everything would be done off of the boards except for the original contact.

Sorry, but that would not be permitted.

With the change in rules, I would suggest that those of you who are looking to do this kind of stuff start something like a yahoo group to continue to do your swaps/trades.

But wouldn't that be circumventing the rules here? :confused3

If you are going to lock the threads of paying swaps how are the people already in the swap suppose to communicate with each other in order to complete the swap that has already started? Will the PM function to a swapper still work on a locked thread?
The PM function works even on locked threads. However, I strongly recommend that all forms of communication be taken off the DISboards and be done via email or phone.

Will this change include the Illuminations/Wishes cruises as well?

Illuminations/Wishes cruises are not part of the Budget Board, so I'm not familiar with how they are handled. It is my understanding that no money changes hands between those participants until they meet up in WDW.

Cash, Disney Dollars and gift cards all fall in the same category. So anyone on the "Come Trade with Us" thread will be limited to trading goods between them. No cash or its equivalent can change hands.

Thank you for the answer. I figured that was the case but I wanted to get the definitive answer.

I understand BUT I was looking forward to the Photo Share... I am quite disappointed. This has been going on for years and now with the possibility of something that might have occurred it is a shame for the majority who never had a problem. :(

I must have missed something because I have no idea what the something that might have occurred is.

But wouldn't that be circumventing the rules here? :confused3

What people do on other message boards or in private emails is not the concern of the DIS. But, no one would be permitted to post links to their facebook/blog/yahoo group on the DIS in order to recruit members to their swap/share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter