!!! PLEASE READ!!! Important News Regarding Swaps & Shares!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has always been a rule on the DIS that anything involving money changing hands between members was not permitted on the boards.

Wow, I'm surprised the photopass shares were ever allowed then.:confused3 I totally understand the disboards making their decision.
It will certainly unclutter the first page of the budget board!

What people do on other message boards or in private emails is not the concern of the DIS. But, no one would be permitted to post links to their facebook/blog/yahoo group on the DIS in order to recruit members to their swap/share.[/QUOTE]

That's what I meant. If you start a Yahoo group the only way to let others know is to post it on the DIS. :thumbsup2

Hmmm, no one has a Yahoo DisBoard Swap group yet? Or I guess you'd have to leave the 'DisBoard' out of the title....but someone has to start a group for photopass shares and such....PLEASE :) LOL

I understand BUT I was looking forward to the Photo Share... I am quite disappointed. This has been going on for years and now with the possibility of something that might have occurred it is a shame for the majority who never had a problem. :(

Thank you for the answer. I figured that was the case but I wanted to get the definitive answer.

I must have missed something because I have no idea what the something that might have occurred is.
Just so that everyone can put the rumor mill to rest, there is no "something" that occurred. It was determined that a very large amount of money was passing between DISers in order to do these shares/swaps. It's not in keeping with long-standing rules and the decision was made to put an end to it. That's it in a nutshell.

After turning a blind eye for so long, it is kind of surprising that all of a sudden Photopass "shares" will be shut down. Has someone been contacted by the crack lawyers of the Disney Legal Team?

As far as the stroller swaps ending go, might I ask why you can't just bring one from home or buy a crappy, disposable one at Walmart?

And the fridge swaps - can't you just use an ice chest and refill it every day for some not so volatile perishables?

Are these swaps ending really the end of the world? Will you now boycott Disney forever?

But wouldn't that be circumventing the rules here? :confused3

So everything I do in my life has to follow DIS guidelines? Umm I don't think so.

Nothing has to be posted on the DIS. You can easily make a yahoo group and make it public so that others can find it. Ever heard of freecycle? It really isn't that hard to do. I think the trading group is a good group and might find a yahoo group the way to go in order to keep their trades going.

So everything I do in my life has to follow DIS guidelines? Umm I don't think so.

Nothing has to be posted on the DIS. You can easily make a yahoo group and make it public so that others can find it. Ever heard of freecycle? It really isn't that hard to do. I think the trading group is a good group and might find a yahoo group the way to go in order to keep their trades going.

There is no need for your nastiness. I was asking a question. But thanks!:thumbsup2

MODS- I think this is a great move.:thumbsup2

I fo one think this is a total SHAME! Especially in these hard economic times, the swaps really help people, including myself be able to afford to get a stroller. WIth the regulations on airline baggage and the outrageous fees that Disney charges for stroller rental---this was a great solution. I really think it is sad that after all this time (years) that the mods are now durning the worst economic time changing all this. Also by locking the threads that people are a part of (like me) it makes it very hard to communicate about the swap. WHAT A BUMMER!

After turning a blind eye for so long, it is kind of surprising that all of a sudden Photopass "shares" will be shut down. Has someone been contacted by the crack lawyers of the Disney Legal Team?

As far as the stroller swaps ending go, might I ask why you can't just bring one from home or buy a crappy, disposable one at Walmart?

And the fridge swaps - can't you just use an ice chest and refill it every day for some not so volatile perishables?

Are these swaps ending really the end of the world? Will you now boycott Disney forever?
I'm not sure what makes you think that this was an "all of a sudden" decision. It's possible that this has been discussed for a while now. It just that a decision has been made and it got announced today.

Keep in mind that the swaps only have to end if they are not free to all participants. The issue is the money changing hands between DISers and not the swaps themselves.

I just "assumed" that "something" occurred. As this is just a shame and I am disappointed.

I hope someone will start something and we can share information.. somehow?

Totally disappointed but I am hopeful that something will work out. ;)

I believe in the DISNEY magic!

I fo one think this is a total SHAME! Especially in these hard economic times, the swaps really help people, including myself be able to afford to get a stroller. WIth the regulations on airline baggage and the outrageous fees that Disney charges for stroller rental---this was a great solution. I really think it is sad that after all this time (years) that the mods are now durning the worst economic time changing all this. Also by locking the threads that people are a part of (like me) it makes it very hard to communicate about the swap. WHAT A BUMMER!

I agree!

What people do on other message boards or in private emails is not the concern of the DIS. But, no one would be permitted to post links to their facebook/blog/yahoo group on the DIS in order to recruit members to their swap/share.

One more loophole to check out...lol.

Would someone be able to mention in a post that there may be a Yahoo group setup for swaps without providing a direct link to the group?

For example...if someone posted asking about a swap, another poster could post something like "check the yahoo groups".

Same thing as someone looking to purchase something and someone posts..."check ebay"....without providing a specific link.

I know...we are really stretching it here. It doesn't really affect me all that much. I was interested in a possible photo pass share, but I do understand why the swaps can't continue.

Speed :teleport:

To put a message on my exsisting photoshare to get everyone's email address...this is a photoshare that already began. Please let me know. Sorry if this was discussed I didn't get a chance to look thru the entire thread. Thanks

Why not go to Walmart and buy a cheapie stroller?

Great!!

Most of the reasons I originally visited the DIS are now going away. First the political discussions were ended, now the shares and swaps. I guess I can always come here to find out about how to price my goods at a yard sale.

I find this shocking. I personally would have suggested phasing this in over a month or so rather then just a few days. I understand the rule, but if there were not issues, then why the change?

Strollers - those who fly have problems bringing strollers along. Extra piece of luggage. or buy a cheap one? Naw. My DD needed a stroller, yet she is too big for the "cheap ones". I was going to rent a Disney one each day until I read the stroller swaps. I get in at the beginning of one and yes, I paid $10, but $10 for eight days versus what I would have paid for a Disney stroller? No brainer.

Refrigerators - once again, those who fly can't bring one, or an ice chest. The frig swaps are the only way to go.

I'm sad these are ending but understand. But I think there are enough people who will bring ones they won't ever need again and be willing to share.

One more loophole to check out...lol.

Would someone be able to mention in a post that there may be a Yahoo group setup for swaps without providing a direct link to the group?

For example...if someone posted asking about a swap, another poster could post something like "check the yahoo groups".

Same thing as someone looking to purchase something and someone posts..."check ebay"....without providing a specific link.

I know...we are really stretching it here. It doesn't really affect me all that much. I was interested in a possible photo pass share, but I do understand why the swaps can't continue.

Speed :teleport:
Well, considering that starting today any new threads about Photopasses will be removed, it probably wouldn't last long if you were to post that suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter