Please critique WDW vet first time DL touring plan...hopefully June 2-7!

You don't even really have to book dining in advance for DL at all, save for maybe Blue Bayou. You can, if there's a specific restaurant you want to try, but I have never had issues either walking up, which is what I usually will do there, or making a same-day reservation, which is what I did for Napa Rose. That said, I guess I generally tend to go at slightly less busy times.
And, by the way, I cannot recommend Napa Rose highly enough. That was one of the best meals I've had, anywhere.

The afternoon Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour is a good idea -- save the mornings for lower-crowd wait times at the attractions.

4.5 days with a parkhopper should give you plenty of time for everything. I loooove sitting by the pool in the afternoon, checking MaxPass times and booking several for the evening as the times roll up.

You will have an amazing time whether it happens now or later. Book the 60-day stuff like tours, lightsabers, and packages now so you have something to look forward to. Even if it doesn't happen you'll be familiar with the process. And yes dining reservations are easier to book, but if there's dining in the parks you have your heart set on, book right away so you know you'll have it.

PHXscuba

The afternoon Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour is a good idea -- save the mornings for lower-crowd wait times at the attractions.

Since Rise of the Resistance opened, mornings in Disneyland don't really have lower wait times than the afternoon anymore. A lot of people now do rope drop at Disneyland and leave for lunch or park hop to DCA in the afternoon. It's actually quite common now for wait times to be at their longest at around 10-11 AM. It's hard to know if late morning or afternoon will be worse crowd-wise on any given day.

The morning tour doesn't start till like 9 or 10 so you can still do rides at rope drop.

Since Rise of the Resistance opened, mornings in Disneyland don't really have lower wait times than the afternoon anymore. A lot of people now do rope drop at Disneyland and leave for lunch or park hop to DCA in the afternoon. It's actually quite common now for wait times to be at their longest at around 10-11 AM. It's hard to know if late morning or afternoon will be worse crowd-wise on any given day.

The morning tour doesn't start till like 9 or 10 so you can still do rides at rope drop.
Totally forgot about that! Yes, ROTR has impacted some of the early hours at the park. But I do think mornings are still less crowded than afternoon

you guys are all fantastic! I did book the lightsaber, SH55, and World of Color dessert party so far, tomorrow I can book Fantasmic BB package and I think that will do it, we are fans of quick service too. I don't think I can book the tour until 30 days out. So for now, thinking about it is a nice distraction. Honestly, many states are having stay at home orders now well into May, I just wonder how quickly operations could be up and running in the parks with staff, supplies, etc after this long closure. I hate to show up a few days after reopening and not have the park operating at normal level, but then again, if people are afraid to go out it might not be busy, or it could be a mad house! Lots of unknowns. I think we might make third week of August happen if we move it, hopefully by then the parks will be open a bit and the wrinkles smoothed out with our 'new normal' in place. It's just such a weird, sad, and surreal time for us all. Again, my heartfelt gratitude for everyone's input here, your gift of your time and thought is appreciated! Stay well, Erin

... I think we might make third week of August happen if we move it, hopefully by then the parks will be open a bit and the wrinkles smoothed out with our 'new normal' in place...
Of course, no one knows what this coming August will look like, but if it is anything like a traditional August at DLR, try to visit before the third week if possible. That really can make a difference in your trip (see my post above for explanation).

Of course, no one knows what this coming August will look like, but if it is anything like a traditional August at DLR, try to visit before the third week if possible. That really can make a difference in your trip (see my post above for explanation).
I was thinking through the third week was ok, but perhaps then the first week of August would be better. Who knows, some of me wants to just postpone until next summer when all this gets ironed out. Again, thank you for the clarification on the third week, I really appreciate it, stay well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter