Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

PPu5jNS.jpg

Thank goodness! Same for the Epcot hand and wand, such an eye sore. I'm glad both of these are gone or almost gone.
Definitely true

Remember when dad wanted to buy everyone the "8 Adventure Ticket Book", but you whined and complained and convinced him that you really needed the "12 Adventure Ticket Book"?

wdw1973_tickets.gif
This's fantastic! I forgot that they used to have a junior age category. That would be a great thing to bring back for park tickets and dining!!

While I really enjoyed reading this board and bringing back many memories, it is too bad that it was moved from the main page to here. Since being moved, it has lost much of it's momentum in the amount of postings to it.

What is the main page?

Communicore!! of course from one of my fist trips to epcot this thread is great thank you

Welcome to the DISboards.
Glad you have enjoyed this thread!

As always, thanks to everyone who shares their memories with us all. It is all of you contributors that make this thread so enjoyable.

Thanks,
FigmentIsTheBest (OP)

I'm feeling nostalgic today. I went through my scrapbook of my first trip to WDW, which was in Sept 1995, when I was 19 years old. I so wish digital cameras were around back then. There's so much I've forgotten, especially about the original Epcot attractions.

Hopefully, the picture upload works...

Mickey Mania Parade - at the time we thought this was such a weird parade. But now, we think they don't make parades like this anymore. So many more floats and performers.

View attachment 83614 View attachment 83615 View attachment 83616

And then Mickey's Starland
View attachment 83617 View attachment 83618
Even after all the years and all the parades, Mickey Mania is still my favorite! Thanks for the memories.

November 1990 - Strange float with person's feet sticking out of a 'wave' at the bottom of slide

663ed2-XL.jpg

Loving that big video camera in the foreground!

Yes, that caught my eye also! We had one that large back in the late '80s; so hated lugging it around for the few movies we took (and not to WDW!).

I had a smaller one then that, in fact, I still do have it mostly because I have no idea what to do with an old VCR recorder since you can't buy anything to play on them anymore. The only thing that I do have is a graphic film of my daughter giving birth to her first born. Something that she later decided wasn't really something that she want anyone to see. Should have thought of that before it was filmed. The other was half of my other daughters wedding that was entrusted to someone I didn't know to film it. Problem was he ran out of film half way through and didn't notice. So much for that. the camera still looks like new though. Know anyone that would like to buy one?:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter