Photos of Guest Decorated Windows

This has already been asked I am sure but I am curious how everyone hangs stuff in their windows?

I was thinking of using command strips but maybe suction cups are better. Do cheap suction cups from the dollar store work or no?

just read through all of the pages. yalls room decorations look great! I cant wait for my next (first onsite) visit!

14870187040_66a3d31f7b_c.jpg

This is a great thread and we are looking forward to decorating our window at ASSp next January.

Instead of a white board on the door, I was thinking of creating "While you were out" pages... approx 4 x 5.5 (could get 2 per page)... maybe smaller?. I would probably leave 7-10 out each morning, and remove them as people filled them out.

I am having a hard time thinking of what to put in the boxes... the traditional While you were out pages have:
Telephoned
called to see you
wants to see you
returned your call
please call
will call again
urgent

So far I have:
Have a Magical Day
Fellow Dis Board Member

Any other suggestions? Thoughts?

I would also print that on that pink paper...

This is a great thread and we are looking forward to decorating our window at ASSp next January. Instead of a white board on the door, I was thinking of creating "While you were out" pages... approx 4 x 5.5 (could get 2 per page)... maybe smaller?. I would probably leave 7-10 out each morning, and remove them as people filled them out. I am having a hard time thinking of what to put in the boxes... the traditional While you were out pages have: Telephoned called to see you wants to see you returned your call please call will call again urgent So far I have: Have a Magical Day Fellow Dis Board Member Any other suggestions? Thoughts? I would also print that on that pink paper...
What about "loved your window decorations!" Or "congrats," ( in case you have something up that shows you're celebrating something).

What about "loved your window decorations!" Or "congrats," ( in case you have something up that shows you're celebrating something).

Thanks for the idea, I will add that. Nothing specific we are celebrating at the moment... first trip as a couple... last trip was with my parents/ sister... we will just be a couple of DINKs. :)

This is a great thread and we are looking forward to decorating our window at ASSp next January. Instead of a white board on the door, I was thinking of creating "While you were out" pages... approx 4 x 5.5 (could get 2 per page)... maybe smaller?. I would probably leave 7-10 out each morning, and remove them as people filled them out. I am having a hard time thinking of what to put in the boxes... the traditional While you were out pages have: Telephoned called to see you wants to see you returned your call please call will call again urgent So far I have: Have a Magical Day Fellow Dis Board Member Any other suggestions? Thoughts? I would also print that on that pink paper...

Great idea! How will you attach to door?

Great idea! How will you attach to door?

I will put a hole punch in the corner of each sheet and put them on a single binder ring. I plan on putting a ribbon from the binder ring to the back of the door... either attached to a clip with a magnet; or tied to the door handle.

I will put a hole punch in the corner of each sheet and put them on a single binder ring. I plan on putting a ribbon from the binder ring to the back of the door... either attached to a clip with a magnet; or tied to the door handle.

I have ever done anything like that - been focusing on decorating windows. I do like your idea!

I don't know how to post the pictures, but here are links to windows I did for two Christmas trips in the past. They're not too fancy, but it made me feel good to look at them every night when I came back to my room. I think my Halloween pictures are lost from my computer crash.

Unfortunately, my room always seems to be located away from others and I don't think many people see my windows.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa369/mkymouse40/DSCN2615.jpg?1409802186379&1409802186637

and

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa369/mkymouse40/DSCN1721.jpg?1409802186380&1409802186637

Hi! We stayed at POR last year in a Royal Guest Room (you will love it!). Here are a couple pics of our window and door (yes, magnets will stick to the door).

Tarheel Mom! Your window design is what inspired me to decorate our windows during our last vacation!:worship:

We are returning for Halloween - our 1st time at the MK for the Halloween Party - we are all so excited.

I see that you mentioned that magnets work on the doors at POR so I am thinking they must also work at POFQ. Do you know if they allow use of two sided sticky tape also?

I am also wondering about lights. Have been searching for Halloween Mickey lights that run on batteries but have come up empty. Is it problematic to use regular plug in lights? Someone had written that they found their lights unplugged. The use of a timer sounds like a good plan also. Last vacation I would turn the lights on when we got back to our room but I love the idea of having the lights go on autmatically to greet us on our return!:goodvibes

Our grandddaughters are so looking forward to helping me decorate. Love making everything as magical as I can for the girls!

I'll be arriving at POP on Oct. 8 and cannot WAIT to decorate our resort window. I've been collecting things for the past couple of weeks - going with a Halloween theme, if I can find enough! Plan on getting a small , inexpensive dry-erase board for our door if anyone wants to say HI!. I'll be using the 3M removable hangers so that there's no damage to the door or windows. They are a bit expensive but , for me, worth it for my trip!
Also, if anyone will be arriving on the 11 or 12th of Oct. I would be more than happy to let you HAVE my decorations for your stay! (I'll need the room in my luggage for souvenirs!) We leave the 12th in the afternoon and I can see if I can leave them at check-in.:hmghost:

I'll be arriving at POP on Oct. 8 and cannot WAIT to decorate our resort window. I've been collecting things for the past couple of weeks - going with a Halloween theme, if I can find enough! Plan on getting a small , inexpensive dry-erase board for our door if anyone wants to say HI!. I'll be using the 3M removable hangers so that there's no damage to the door or windows. They are a bit expensive but , for me, worth it for my trip!
Also, if anyone will be arriving on the 11 or 12th of Oct. I would be more than happy to let you HAVE my decorations for your stay! (I'll need the room in my luggage for souvenirs!) We leave the 12th in the afternoon and I can see if I can leave them at check-in.:hmghost:

That's so kind of you. I love passing the Disney Magic around. I will miss you by a few weeks. But hopefully someone else will come along soon.:thumbsup2

WOW!

I just finished reading this entire thread. Awesome!

I've done a bit of decorating at Beach Club and Poly in the past (nothing on the balconies or patio) but I'll be at POR Royal Room River view and I've asked for a corner room. Here's hoping I have TWO windows to decorate!

I was at the Dollar Tree today and they have some great stuff with lots of glitter. I love glitter! I got some orange, green and purple glitter spiders, some glittery signs and I'll be looking for more.

Headed to Walmart and picked up some cute spider string lights but those may go back after seeing better stuff online.

I will check out Target and Walgreens tomorrow.

Ideally, if I get the 2 windows I'd like one to be Halloween themed with a spider web light and my glittery finds and the other window to be Disney themed with the Mickey Vampire lights I found online and other Disney Halloween stuff.

I'm going with a friend who thinks I'm nuts for doing this!

I'll be there 10/20-25.

Someone please send me the link to the Disney stick figure sign. It's been said it's from here but I can't find it and no one ever posts the link.

Thanks.:):)

I kinda had a hard time finding all the wonderful DISigns on here too, so I'm happy to help.

There are several amazing DISigners on the boards. The main link to the DISign board is here. http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105
You may want to read the first couple sticky posts about the DISign board rules.

One of the DISigners that I absolutely love is Mandy. Here is her stick figure bucket so you can look at what she makes. http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/absolut_mandy12/library/Dis/StickFamilies?sort=3&page=1
You may want to look through all the rest of her stuff too, she's just brilliant with all she can create. Just expand the menu at the left of the screen labled "Dis" and looks (and possibly drool) to your heart's content.

To make a request of her, post to her tread here. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3189917&page=175

I hope that helps.

Tarheel Mom! Your window design is what inspired me to decorate our windows during our last vacation!:worship:

We are returning for Halloween - our 1st time at the MK for the Halloween Party - we are all so excited.

I see that you mentioned that magnets work on the doors at POR so I am thinking they must also work at POFQ. Do you know if they allow use of two sided sticky tape also?

I am also wondering about lights. Have been searching for Halloween Mickey lights that run on batteries but have come up empty. Is it problematic to use regular plug in lights? Someone had written that they found their lights unplugged. The use of a timer sounds like a good plan also. Last vacation I would turn the lights on when we got back to our room but I love the idea of having the lights go on autmatically to greet us on our return!:goodvibes

Our grandddaughters are so looking forward to helping me decorate. Love making everything as magical as I can for the girls!

Oh my goodness! Your window looks great and your granddaughters are adorable!

I'm not sure about the double-sided tape ~ the magnets worked for us as well as suction cups. As far as the lights, we used a timer and kept the lights plugged into it at all times. We never came back to find them unplugged. We really did like coming back to the room at night with the window lit up ~ it gives it a special touch. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

I kinda had a hard time finding all the wonderful DISigns on here too, so I'm happy to help.

There are several amazing DISigners on the boards. The main link to the DISign board is here. http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105
You may want to read the first couple sticky posts about the DISign board rules.

One of the DISigners that I absolutely love is Mandy. Here is her stick figure bucket so you can look at what she makes. http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/absolut_mandy12/library/Dis/StickFamilies?sort=3&page=1
You may want to look through all the rest of her stuff too, she's just brilliant with all she can create. Just expand the menu at the left of the screen labled "Dis" and looks (and possibly drool) to your heart's content.

To make a request of her, post to her tread here. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3189917&page=175

I hope that helps.

That helped me Thanks.:)

Does anyone know if I can put a 5x7 Birthday magnet on the door at BWV?

At DVC resorts, DVC management requests that guests/members do not use any decorations outside the villa or that can be seen outside the villa to detract from the theme/décor of the villa. So that includes doors, windows, patios/balconies. You can decorate inside the villa as long as you don't use tape, tacks or other items that can mar the wall finishes (including Command strips).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter