Photos of Guest Decorated Windows

Please, looking for a quick answer DISfriends!

Is double sided tape allowed on the resort windows? Or can we only string decorations & hang them from suction cups? I have some laminated pictures & I was hoping I could use double sided tape to use on the windows.

Thanks & appreciate any help!!

Please, looking for a quick answer DISfriends!

Is double sided tape allowed on the resort windows? Or can we only string decorations & hang them from suction cups? I have some laminated pictures & I was hoping I could use double sided tape to use on the windows.

Thanks & appreciate any help!!

No tape. I can't even imagine how the housekeeping staff would deal with people leaving tape behind (not that you would, but some undoubtedly would).

We only used suction cups.

No tape. I can't even imagine how the housekeeping staff would deal with people leaving tape behind (not that you would, but some undoubtedly would).

We only used suction cups.

Thank you!! Yes, I was thinking the same thing re: people leaving behind a mess on the windows. Makes sense. Guess I was hoping for a quick solution....my arrival date is "ticking" fast.

Guess I am running out for suction cups today ;)

Thank you!! Yes, I was thinking the same thing re: people leaving behind a mess on the windows. Makes sense. Guess I was hoping for a quick solution....my arrival date is "ticking" fast.

Guess I am running out for suction cups today ;)

Thankfully many stores have their Christmas decorations out. Just check by the lights. I always find them there.

To avoid using so many suction cups this is what I did one year...I bought ribbon and cut it about 3/4 the height of the window, hung the ribbon on one suction cup, then taped all of my laminated pictures down the length of the ribbon. I ran three different strips of ribbon down each side and the middle of the window. Depending on the size of your pictures, you can put many in the window with only a few suction cups.

To avoid using so many suction cups this is what I did one year...I bought ribbon and cut it about 3/4 the height of the window, hung the ribbon on one suction cup, then taped all of my laminated pictures down the length of the ribbon. I ran three different strips of ribbon down each side and the middle of the window. Depending on the size of your pictures, you can put many in the window with only a few suction cups.

Great idea! I am planning on doing this as I saw a picture on here where that was done! I still have not gotten any suction cups! It's crazy, they are harder to find than one might think :( Our Dollar store has them but I have been reluctant to buy them as I wonder how good they really are.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it! It's wonderful how helpful everyone is on here.

Walmart is also a good place for suction cups and or magnets. At my store, they are located with hardware back near automotive. I will be using binder clips to hold my ribbons and hooking the silver "loop" of the clip over the suction cup hook.

Good luck on your hunt and your decorating!!

My Walmart has the suction cups in the craft aisle, so they are probably located in several locations in the store. We're going the week before Thanksgiving, but Osborne Lights and MVMCP will have started, so I'm thinking of doing a combination Thanksgiving/Christmas window. I'm not really sure how that will look.

I love these ideas! I'm looking forward to making my own whenever I go back now. :hippie:

15166013828_305603ea5f_z.jpg

A while back we were cleaning out and i came across a bag of those promo magnets... think pizza, business card size. I spray painted them white; planning on just to use a decorative stencil on them... but the other day I thought I could paint LGMH :)

So some people are reporting that the doors at ASSp are magnetic... So I plan to make as many of these that I can and put them on the door for others to take when they stop by.

Some of them kind of look sloppy; but hopefully as I make more they will improve...
I plan to put "Do you Dis?" or "WDW Jan 2014" or "ASSp".

:cool1:

So, I'm not a very creative person... my sister has one bedroom dedicated to scrapbooking... I'm jealous lol.

Last night while the Fiance was watching 'The Walking Dead' (yuck) I decided to think about window decorations...

Since we will be on our honeymoon/get away here's what I came up with...
I printed a Mickey/Minnie Groom/Bride on regular paper. I'm going to glue them onto red poster board and then cut them out using the red as a border and a way to make them stiff. Then I did a Fairy Godmother, and some wording " Sometimes right in the middle of life, your Fairy Godmother swoops in and hands you a glass slipper." I printed this in Waltofont. Going to use twinkling white lights and white/red ribbon to glue cutout glass slippers and mickey heads to. Hope this works... We aren't going to be there until October 2015 so I have plenty of time to play with it lol.

just bumping this thread... i need to get motivated to finish all of the ideas in my head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!