• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PHM15: A Frozen Cupcake Celebration & Carnage as No Cupcake is Left Behind

We so got to do this again sooner than the silly countdown that I already started....20 months without you girls is going to be....:guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty:

Dallas! In one year! That still seems so long! :(

I am so glad you had a great race...that is one recap I am not looking forward to.

We need a race to erase our 1/2's. Lots of us didn't have great 1/2 experiences (even though the entire rest of the weekend was The best Evah!)

Dallas! In one year! That still seems so long! :(

Actually 11 months...that seems like forever and 20 months seems even worse!

We need a race to erase our 1/2's. Lots of us didn't have great 1/2 experiences (even though the entire rest of the weekend was The best Evah!)

Certainly do need a redo, while I still am glad I did PHM...

IT CERTAINLY WAS THE BEST EVAH WEEKEND FOR ME...until Sunday night reality hit that we were all going home. I like the idea of just get there for the races on Saturday and then party afterwards together...no worrying about silly things like running.

Certainly do need a redo, while I still am glad I did PHM...

IT CERTAINLY WAS THE BEST EVAH WEEKEND FOR ME...until Sunday night reality hit that we were all going home. I like the idea of just get there for the races on Saturday and then party afterwards together...no worrying about silly things like running.

I agree! Wine & Dine needs to have the days built in afterwards with all of us there! Like Friday-Wednesday! See I'm already planning the exact dates! Now, what hotel are we all staying at? Hahahahaha!!!!! :goodvibes

I agree! Wine & Dine needs to have the days built in afterwards with all of us there! Like Friday-Wednesday! See I'm already planning the exact dates! Now, what hotel are we all staying at? Hahahahaha!!!!! :goodvibes

I already know that I want to stay at least Saturday and Sunday at Boardwalk Area Resort...so we don't have to stumble too far! After that....

Hi! I was reading the Tweedle-TR so I figured I'd come by and read about the rest of the cupcake runners! I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures in cupcakes, running, and what must have been an awesome weekend!

I already know that I want to stay at least Saturday and Sunday at Boardwalk Area Resort...so we don't have to stumble too far! After that....
BW area for Sat & Sun would be super ideal! Now we just have to hope we can get into either BW or BC. Fingers crossed. I know we briefly mentioned POR/POFQ for the other nights, but I am totally open to whatever.

I'm joining in! I ran my first RunDisney event in January and I'm hooked. Can't wait to hear your experience.

Hi!!! i read parts of the PTR and am here for the TR!!!!

It's been two years since my girls and I did the PHM - and i have to say, these TRs are making me want to go back! We did C2C last year in one week - Donald and then Tink. This year some of us went Dopey - not me - and our next race is WND 2015. But I'm seriously loving the PHM stuff!

I’M LATE, I’M LATE…FOR A VERY LONG DAY OF WAIT!
Tuesday, February 17 Part 1

Monday night I volunteered to take DS#1 to Boy Scouts, not so suck up to DH but for purely selfish reasons…so that I could do a few last minute errands (mainly picking up cupcakes and last minute items). By doing this I once again sacrificed packing time because when I got home I still needed to finish up the schedule for DH and make some last minute meal preparations. Yes, trying to make me being gone a little bit easier on him so that the next time I take off with my Cupcakes the grumbling will be a lesser amount. I honestly don’t know why I take the time to meal prep, because I always come home to a refrigerator full of meals that I cooked and a trash can full of takeout containers…I guess just trying to clear my guilt filled mommy mind! I finished everything up for the family including last minute laundry so that DS#2 could be assured of a clean uniform for school should laundry not get done over the weekend. Then I sat about the task of attempting to pack once again. My list had been made for months, but for some reason I was having a real tough time getting things actually in the suitcase…including a celebration bottle of wine and my beloved pillow (as I am a pillow snob).

243.JPG
Looking at the contents...you know where my priorities are!
I know my priorities should have been race gear! I think was real hang up was knowing that I had to back for only carry on since we would not be able to check our luggage coming back from Orlando (long story short, I tried to maximize time in WDW and had to book 2 separate flights home thanks to SW airlines cutting flights from my regional airport). Thankfully I could check a bag going to down!

073.JPG
Look Cammy Managed it…this is less stuff then is has packed for our fast overnight road trips to run a race.
I did manage to get one of my bags packed….filled with packaged ears and shirts for the Cupcakes and my Half outfit and running shoes. The rest would just have to wait in separate piles and not in the suitcase (thankfully DH had gone to bed or this would have driven him crazy to see things all over the living room) as I finally gave up a little after 11 pm and decided that I would take care of it in the wee hours of the morning, since I am always up most of the night anyway! Well, that was the plan anyway… I am normally wide awake around 2 am, yes thank you old lady hormones and a cat who has been trained to use the outside for a litter box. I must have been completely exhausted because guess who woke up at 6 am…and all I could think is “I’m Late, I’m Late” and the Tweedles (they even seem to slip into my TR in places where they are not even a part of) chasing the White Rabbit! Not only am I not done packing, but I am running behind getting myself around for a normal day! Ugh, not the way I really wanted to start the day…and on top of that Elsa had made yet another appearance overnight!

246.JPG
Even Mickey is not immune to Elsa's wrath!
Thankfully, it was just a matter of throwing the piles into the suitcase, checking items off my list, wrapping the wine bottle all so carefully in the throw away blankets and smashing my pillow into a space bag and then into the suitcase.

244.JPG
Sigh...get to use my Vera Hipster!:love:
Somehow I got it all done, double checked the schedules with DD & DH making sure that everyone knew who was getting who and when for the next week, even making some last minute changes (keep this in mind for later). We said out goodbyes and everyone headed out the door for what was sure to be the longest day ever at work….

Hi! I was reading the Tweedle-TR so I figured I'd come by and read about the rest of the cupcake runners! I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures in cupcakes, running, and what must have been an awesome weekend!

WELCOME

So glad you decided to come on over to mine too...another point of view! I am sure we will have conflicting COUNTS pretty soon and have to do RECOUNTS! It was a totally awesome weekend...the Cupcake part of it was just as I had dreamed, not so much the other stuff. Amazing group of ladies!

I'm joining in! I ran my first RunDisney event in January and I'm hooked. Can't wait to hear your experience.

WELCOME

RunDisney is so darn addicting, I wish my budget was a lot more open to more events. So glad you coming along for this crazy adventure!

Hi!!! i read parts of the PTR and am here for the TR!!!!

It's been two years since my girls and I did the PHM - and i have to say, these TRs are making me want to go back! We did C2C last year in one week - Donald and then Tink. This year some of us went Dopey - not me - and our next race is WND 2015. But I'm seriously loving the PHM stuff!

WELCOME

YAY...someone who did not get totally lost in the PTR crazy! We got a little chatty and silly and lost a lot of people in the mist. I am so jealous of C2C...I would so like to do it in 2016 but just have to see how things play out. My DD is headed off to college in the fall and we are really working on the budget. NO DOPEY AND NO GOOFY for me...although I have had visions of the Full...if I can get this half thing down now like a 10K is! WND15, quite a few cupcakes are doing this one...but most of us are holding out for 2016 and a cupcake reunion!

BW area for Sat & Sun would be super ideal! Now we just have to hope we can get into either BW or BC. Fingers crossed. I know we briefly mentioned POR/POFQ for the other nights, but I am totally open to whatever.

I really would like to swing the whole trip there! A studio would be great again...but only if we had 3 people. I am sure we would have been fine with the 4 of us at AKL...start working on that budget. And we can always pay a little more and go through a company not messing around trying to find someone to rent from!

wrapping the wine bottle all so carefully in the throw away blankets

I like how you have your priorities straight!

Packing is always a nightmare ... there's never enough time! I'm glad you managed to make everything fit and get out the door.

I think our husbands would like each other Tammie. They could go fish together & talk about how their wives keep running off to Disney... and then take all the kids out to fast food (the ones they remember to pick up) even though the fridge is stocked. :rotfl:

I want to stay Boardwalk/BC area all of Wine and Dine 2016 too.... gotta figure it out. Like convince hubby we want to buy DVC at those resorts. Hahahaha!

I like how you have your priorities straight!

What more does a girl need...a good pillow and a bottle of wine? Right?

Packing is always a nightmare ... there's never enough time! I'm glad you managed to make everything fit and get out the door.

I honestly don't know why this took me forever to do...I had a list for months made! Usually I am packed days in advance.

I'm here I'm here I'm here!!!!!!
Sorry I'm late to the party, but I at least feel human again. More on that later!

Never late Buffy...so glad you are feeling better!

Can't wait to hear more!

I hope I can keep this interesting enough to keep your attention...hard to compete against the Tweedles same tale!

I think our husbands would like each other Tammie. They could go fish together & talk about how their wives keep running off to Disney... and then take all the kids out to fast food (the ones they remember to pick up) even though the fridge is stocked. :rotfl:

LOL....oh the WHATEVER is coming up! GRRR.....MEN! Love them but there are times that I could certainly do without a husband! I should have taken a picture of the contents of the frig and trashcan when I got home. I think the man seriously bought a fried chicken dinner big enough to feed a small army, and he is the only one that really likes fried chicken.

I want to stay Boardwalk/BC area all of Wine and Dine 2016 too.... gotta figure it out. Like convince hubby we want to buy DVC at those resorts. Hahahaha!

So get to working on him...mine already has his vacation home so I cant even look at DVC! I can't believe that we have over 600 days to go and we have pretty much nailed down resort and dates...LOL!

You ladies crack me up! I really want to run W&D in 2016 and I would love to run the Glass Slipper again in 2017. We will see. If I could, I would run everything this fall and next year, but we have other trips planned. We ended up buying into the Grand Floridian when we were there so now we have a home at AK and VGF! Sounds like an excuse to run more DIsney Races.

On the bottle of wine Tammie, I bought what I call "adult juice boxes" which are the wine boxes, but these are 0.5 L or 3 glasses. I bought a couple of those and packed them. Then I didn't have to worry about breaking a bottle.

We ended up buying into the Grand Floridian when we were there so now we have a home at AK and VGF! Sounds like an excuse to run more DIsney Races.

So jealous! Congrats on the purchase! I will admit I priced out DVC (resale) last week.. in an effort to put together a plan to present to hubby. But after I put it all together I knew he wouldn't go for it- so I shelved it. I may bring the idea back! :)

Bring it back Nicole! Bring it! DH and I believe it was the best thing we ever did for our family (we have 1 daughter). Neither one of us traveled much as kids, but really want our daughter to have memories of awesome vacations. Oh I can go on and on about DVC, resale is a great way to do it too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter