• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PHM15: A Frozen Cupcake Celebration & Carnage as No Cupcake is Left Behind

momabaarjo

Rather Sail Away with Mickey than Run Now
PHM15: A Frozen Cupcake Celebration & Carnage
as No Cupcake is Left Behind

191.JPG

020.JPG
“The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray" especially when Elsa is involved as well as this “trying to be reformed” planner whose plans and visions never seem to be what happens in reality!

phm 066.JPG
Come along and experience the celebrations

022.JPG
And carnage

021.JPG
of the Princess Half Marathon Weekend (plus a few more days) with an amazing group of ladies as we leave no “cupcake” left behind. Experience the good, the bad and the frozen told through my eyes…and knowing this group of incredible ladies they will help set the record straight.

025.JPG

Last edited:
A FROZEN CUPCAKE CELEBRATION & CARNAGE
AS NO CUPCAKE IS LEFT BEHIND:
INDEX

Trip
Cast of Characters

Tuesday, February 17
I'm Late, I'm Late...for a Very Long Day of Wait
Vanilla is NOT Elsa's Favorite Flavor
Another Stowaway Appears Along with Reminders from Elsa
Watch Out Orlando, the First 4 Cupcakes Arrive
Don't Suck the Magic Out of Arriving
AoA Little Mermaid Room Review with Pictures

The Rain Won't Go Away So It's a Cupcake & Bed Instead

Wednesday, February 18
Do Animals Really Get Up This Early? Part 2
3, 4, plus a Little More Before We Head to the Door
Tummy Rumblings & Cupcake Disappointment
Part 2
Animal Kingdom Lodge Room Review with Pictures Part 2
Will We Ever Find Our Way to Cupcakes & Cocktails
Spinning & Chugging
She Warned Us You Can't Take Her Anywhere
Maybe BOG Can Get Rid of my Beastly Mood
UnMagicial Ending to Day 1

Thursday, February 19
Drums & Deliciousness
Bibs, Merchandise, Bibs...Oh My
Waiting, Waiting...Only to be Kicked Out
Diving Into Victoria Falls
Best Place to Splurge Part 2
Nearly Frozen But We Have to Use those Fast Passes Part 2

Friday, February 20
What Was RunDisney Thinking When They Named it the Frozen 5K? (PreRace)
Frozen 5K (Race)
Not a Great Way to Start Epic 4 Park Day
Park #2...Finally Some Cupcakes
Park #3...Dragging Our Way Through
Ohana Means Family
Park #4...All By Myself, If Another Cupcake had not Come to the Rescue

Saturday, February 21
Breakfast with the Cupcakes
Run Disney Expo Antics Part 2
Carbs & Cuties Part 2 Part 3 Extra Pictures

Sunday, February 22
"THE" Morning has Finally Arrived Part 2

Running/Race Reports/Training Updates
3 Pi & a Chai
Rock & Roll Dallas

March 23-31
April 6-12...Half #4
April
May 23...Half #5

Last edited:
Cast of Characters
Starring Roles

phm 092.JPG
Like I stated in my introduction this TR will be told through my eyes (or since I am selfie challenged one through 1 eye…Confused Tweedle likes to point that out every single time…this time I am beating her to it and just shamefully admitting), the celebration, the carnage and the frozen.

phm 057.JPG

I am a 40 something Disney Queen (long given up my princess status as someone from the Cupcakes has to be responsible…and yes I can still do that with a Lapu Lapu spraying from my mouth). Most importantly is a wife and mother of 3, who for my last 2 Disney trips have been left behind (I know bad mom, but really a good mom because this little breaks from reality can assure I am a little less grumpy than I would be if I had not gotten away). However, if I was able to trade my DH in for an older version of Killian Jones…well, sigh!

killian.jpg
Yes, I said older cause I have no patience for training another man! (You girls knew that somehow he had to pop up on my TR). I work in education, in a position I like call between a rock and hard place…

If you would have told me 2 years ago that I would start thinking of myself as a runner, I would have fallen on the floor in a fit of laughter. Up until that moment I never ran a day in my life (other than in high school cross training for varsity swimming about a million years ago WHICH I HATED), but then the excuse of running a race for a Disney Trip took over. After all who wouldn’t run for a chance at a girl’s trip to WDW! After many false starts into the world of running, I learned about Jeff Galloway and my whole outlook about running changed and I learned I could be successful as well as love running. I train and run races using the Galloway method of running and walking intervals. While I might not be fast, I am out there and enjoying some much needed me time. My Tink & Pooh sized body likes to fight against running, but I don't let that stop me. PHM was my 2nd Disney Race, as I completed the ToT 10-miler in 2013! As for other races, I tend to like races where there are lots of people and I can blend into the crowds, which is hard to do where I live so you will find me doing lots of road trips to races! So you can be assured there will be a few race reports sprinkled in here…have a goal to reach Half Fanatic status and the time is clicking away…I’m Late, I’m late…wait that is not something you will hear from my lips!

phm 283.JPG
CAMMY

This little ball of cuteness (and way too much energy) is Cammy, who could really be my daughter. A fact she uses that line to meet me at the finish line in many races. She is my biggest cheerleader. We work together in the same school and she also becomes my biggest distraction because I can always talk Disney dreaming when she pops into my office! I am way too old to be even attempting to stay up with her in all things including drinking!

phm 409.JPG
AMY

This is Amy, my stepsista Anastasia, in crime. We met her on the DIS around 4 years ago and we lead pretty parallel lives so it is fitting that we are stepsista’s!

phm 025.JPG
(Poor Cinderella did not even know how to react…)

Amy also has 3 children (the same ages), an untrained husband (although I think she has hers better trained then I have mine), and works in education. I am the one that Amy is cussing (probably still to this moment) the most because I drug her into this whole running scheme to get a trip with her to WDW. Up until last fall we had never met even though she lives about 6 hours away in a neighboring state…that is not far in fly by country terms of distance. I am so proud of her and how far she has come with this whole running thing.

phm 018.JPG
FLAT DEBRA & FLAT KAFI

phm 132.JPG
FLAT HEATHER

The real starring roles of this trip report…NO CUPCAKES LEFT BEHIND are Flat Debra, Flat Kafi and Flat Heather (although Kafi & Debra hung out with us more). These are ladies from our Cupcake group that could not make the trip and we did not want them to feel left out. Let me tell you these ladies keep on going…I think they ran several full marathons during the trip. Tweedle Confused also thinks that I am slightly attached to this paper dolls…well, maybe!

Supporting Cast

013.JPG

In Pursuit of Cupcakes Running Group

A year ago with my PTR here on the DIS last February I started a running group, called "In Pursuit of Cupcakes,” aka the Cupcakes.The only 2 requirements to belong were that you had to look at the race as an experience and be supportive/accepting of each other (and maybe like cupcakes). It is my opinion that while the actual running part may not be much fun it is those who you surround yourself with and where you are running that makes the experience like a cupcake, pure enjoyment. To me a Cupcake, it’s about doing your best and accomplishing your goals, while at the same experiencing the magic around you. It’s about the finish line, not so much the finish time.

014.JPG

Amy T., Andreah, Betsy, Brandy, Buffy, Carol, Edie,

Gretchen, Karen, Kendra, Laura, Lisa, Megan, Megg,

Melissa, Nicole, Rosalie, Sandi, & Jan

I can’t even begin to tell you how much these ladies have meant to me the last year as I trained for the PHM. Then meeting each of them in real life was a truly incredible experience. Who would have guessed a year ago that meeting these ladies in person would be like being with some of your best friends? And to go a year without any drama and a trip without drama even speaks more highly of how amazing these ladies are…my VRDBFFs (Virtual Running Disney Best Friends Forever)!

I think I am truly blessed beyond measure to be able to share all the Good, the Bad and the Frozen of the past training year as well as an incredible weekend laughter (as well as cupcakes and cocktails) with these ladies!

I am CERTAIN that each one of them will step in and add their thoughts and perspectives of our PHM experience….both the celebration and the carnage once they are unfrozen, which given these last few weeks might be a long time in coming.

Last edited:

joining in - congrats on doing the PHM!

Big fan of booze ... and cupcakes ... and booze with cupcakes

joining in - congrats on doing the PHM!

Big fan of booze ... and cupcakes ... and booze with cupcakes

Welcome....trust me there will be a lots of both! Thank you...PHM was an accomplishment as you will see it will be part of the good, the bad and the frozen of this trip!

I didn't run with you ladies, but I was there and thinking of you! I had a blast it was so awesome! I just looked at my race photos and it was still dark when I ran through the castle so you can't really see it. I am bummed about that, but it was one of my favorite races ever!

I've been looking forward to all of the TRs starting up! I fell off the cupcake wagon when I had to bow out of the race, and wasn't the awesome cheerleader I'd intended to be, but you'd better believe I was cheering all of you on from home that day :dogdance::dogdance:

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Wow, you're fast! LOL. I can't wait to read along!!!

Only because I am having a severe case of the Disney blues on top of missing all the antics of my cupcake friends!

I'm here Tammie!!!

One Tweedle...:yay:

"Flat Debra" is here :)

YAY...this TR will not be complete without my flat cupcakes!

HERE!!!! Whoop! Let's get out of our Disney funk & relive the memories!!!

And there is the second Tweedle...ONE TWEEDLE, TWO TWEEDLE, THREE FLAT CUPCAKE

I didn't run with you ladies, but I was there and thinking of you! I had a blast it was so awesome! I just looked at my race photos and it was still dark when I ran through the castle so you can't really see it. I am bummed about that, but it was one of my favorite races ever!

I heard you met up with a few of us on the Kidani Bus...I was so hoping our paths would cross. I am so glad you had a great race...that is one recap I am not looking forward to.

Flat "Kafi" is here for the ride! That was one of the best vacations I never took!

FOUR FLATCUPCAKE....

I'm here to relive the trip! What a fun weekend! I loved hanging with the cupcakes!

We so got to do this again sooner than the silly countdown that I already started....20 months without you girls is going to be....:guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty:

I've been looking forward to all of the TRs starting up! I fell off the cupcake wagon when I had to bow out of the race, and wasn't the awesome cheerleader I'd intended to be, but you'd better believe I was cheering all of you on from home that day :dogdance::dogdance:

Can't wait to hear all about it!

We are planning on doing it all over again for W&D2016! You are so invited to join in!

It was like you guys were there all along! And I think Tammie is still going through withdrawl symptoms of not having you attached to her fingers! :)

:sad:I did get a little attached to our flat friends...someone had to make their adventure exciting!

I'm here!

:dogdance:

I'm here! It was nice meeting you guys that I was able to!

It was so nice to cross paths with you!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter