• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PHM15: A Frozen Cupcake Celebration & Carnage as No Cupcake is Left Behind

I loved Via Napoli part as well, what a fantastic night that was, I giggle whenever I think of your chocolate guzzling. :drinking1

Any time a video starts with "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun," you know it's going to be an awesome video ... and the video certainly didn't disappoint! Some of the Via Napoli pictures made me laugh!

Running Update

Oh my...I have not updated my running in adventures in quite some time! So how is my goal of "12 Halfs in 12 Months" coming along...we last left off finishing half #8. I am happy to report that in August I complete what was the WORST half I have experienced (so far)....what was I thinking when I signed up for "The Hottest Half"...the name should have screamed STAY AWAY! It certainly lived up to its name...the race started with a heat index of over 100 degrees and by the time I finished it was well over 110 degrees. Soon after the race, I found an article with the 10 toughest halfs...guess what? I have done 3 of them without even knowing it this year. You can bet that from now on I am going to be consulting that list BEFORE I sign up! But I finished and that is all that matters...HALF #9 CHECK!

hottest.JPG hottest me.JPG

September's half ended up as a virtual just because of time and travel was not on my side. I turned Hogwarts Running Club: Platform 9 3/4 into a half while spending a weekend at the cabin. Even found a new walking/running trail around the lake that will come in handy when I need longer runs! HALF #10 CHECK!

hg2.JPG hg.JPG

Also in September, I met Debra in Dallas and we completed the Roller Coaster 10K Run and then the Roller Coaster Ride Challenge 5K (run a 10K and ride 5K on coasters). We had a blast!

coasters.PNG debra.JPG rc.JPG

So that now brings us up currently in races and my goal. I am sitting at a little over 700 miles (hit 700 while in San Diego last week for my nephew's Marine Core graduation)...

700.JPG

What is in store for the rest of 2015?

First of all, I really want to get to 1000 individual miles by the end of the year...not sure if I can get 275 miles in 2 months, but I will give it a try! As for halfs, Half #11 will be a virtual Harry Potter Run-hopefully this weekend, then Half #12 will also be virtual with Jeff Galloway...also in November Betsy is coming to Dallas so Cammy, Debra and I are meeting her for the Starlite Women Run Challenge (10K, 5K and 2.5K back to back). I also have another virtual half (#13) coming up in December to celebrate National Cupcake Day...which has me thinking of doing a back to back challenge in Dallas during Christmas and make it 15 halfs in 2015? What do you think?

Part 2 was great again! I think the via Napoli part was the best. Can't wait to see what part 3 brings with the half marathon.

I love Via Napoli...and this was certainly a fun night...with no alcohol involved!

I loved Via Napoli part as well, what a fantastic night that was, I giggle whenever I think of your chocolate guzzling. :drinking1

I still have no idea what possessed me into doing that...LOL. It was a great night!

Any time a video starts with "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun," you know it's going to be an awesome video ... and the video certainly didn't disappoint! Some of the Via Napoli pictures made me laugh!

LOL...dating myself with that music but it was certainly appropriate! I am glad you are enjoying the videos...Part 3 is ALMOST done and should be up soon!

Are you thinking about New Years double as the Dallas back to back race you mentioned above?

Cant wait to see part 3 of the video! We are SOOOOOOO close to our 1 year mark for the W&D trip!!

Yay! A running update! I am so impressed that you're going out there and running all these halfs (real & virtual).
Hottest Half sounds brutal ... maybe next year you should try to find the "Most Comfortable Temperature Half"?

15 halfs in 2015 sounds really ambitious ... but if you think you can do it, then I say go for it! It's a really cool goal... but just remember that it means next year you'll have to do 16 halfs for 2016!

I'm looking forward to seeing part 3 of the video!

Are you thinking about New Years double as the Dallas back to back race you mentioned above?

Cant wait to see part 3 of the video! We are SOOOOOOO close to our 1 year mark for the W&D trip!!

Actually I am looking at the Whine Not Another series for December 19 & 20th.

I am so ready to be at the 1 year mark!

Yay! A running update! I am so impressed that you're going out there and running all these halfs (real & virtual).
Hottest Half sounds brutal ... maybe next year you should try to find the "Most Comfortable Temperature Half"?

15 halfs in 2015 sounds really ambitious ... but if you think you can do it, then I say go for it! It's a really cool goal... but just remember that it means next year you'll have to do 16 halfs for 2016!

I'm looking forward to seeing part 3 of the video!

It was completely brutal...I think something happens when you are looking at time frames for half marathons and one fits your time...and you totally disregard other factors like TEMPERTURE! Duh...just surviving and finishing the Hottest Half was my plan after I started. I finished just under the time limit (and I mean just under...but I was not last).

Hey if I can do 13, why not 2 more. LOL. The distance is no problem anymore, but I really need to work on A LOT LESS walking and more intervals. 16 in 2016...not sure about that one...but I have a specific goal in mind...you will have to follow along on the next PTR for that goal.

Actually I am looking at the Whine Not Another series for December 19 & 20th.

I am so ready to be at the 1 year mark!

Oh ok, I have never hear of that series.

Can we be at the 1 year mark...like now??!!

...but I have a specific goal in mind...you will have to follow along on the next PTR for that goal.

I am excited to hear what your goal is for 2016! Cant wait for the PTR to start.

Aww Tammie, thank you so much for doing this, they all came out so amazing and really showcased what an amazing weekend it was for us all. Disney, cupcakes, running, & cocktails brought us all together, all from different walks of life. Such a unique, diverse group of women, united by sugar and booze. :rotfl2: I cherish the memories and hope we can make more in 2016.

FINAL COUNT
Official Cupcake & Cocktail

191.JPG

Cupcake Count: (14 Flavors)
Grocery Store Vanilla Bean
Giraffe (Orange Marmalade) at AKL
Zebra (Butterfinger) at AKL
AoA Cupcake
Glass Slipper at Starring Rolls
Red Velvet at Starring Rolls
Chocolate Peanut Butter at Starring Rolls
Butterfinger at Starring Rolls
Frozen Chocolate Peppermint at CONT (aka know as Chocolate Toothpaste)
Hot Chocolate at CONT
Triple Berry at CONT
Pina Colada at GF
Minnie Mousse at POLY
Tiramisu at POLY

Cocktail Count
Tammie-11
Cammy-15
Amy-6
Tweedle Bossy-14 + 1 empty pink cup
Tweedle Confused-14 + 1 empty pink cup

Final Reflections & Thoughts

I always like to finish my TR with some kind of reflection and I have pondered for months how I wanted to finish this up. It has been an amazing 21 months of both “Cupcakes”, cupcakes, cocktails, and yes running. I have grown treasure each Cupcake friendship, and while we may not agree on everything that life has to offer, they make me a better person through their friendships. These women make up the best of what friendship has to offer...support, encouragement, kicks in the hiney, reflections, hugs, and tears. I am thankful to call them all friends and Cupcakes!

The bottle is empty (thanks to Cammy)...

20.JPG

and the cupcakes now lay in carnage with just a few crumbs left...

12.JPG

So that must mean one thing,

STAY TUNED AS WE MEET UP AGAIN FOR MORE CUPAKES & COCKTAILS...COMING SOON

:worship::worship::worship:

Great trip report! I really loved following along in your adventures and and the cupcake adventures. The videos you created were also fantastic.

I can't wait to read about the next adventure.

I loved part 3 of the video ... and I also loved reading all about the fun adventures of the cupcake runners!

Also ... it looks like Cammy won the cocktail count. Does she get some sort of prize?

I'm looking forward to reading about the cupcake preparations & exciting adventures at Wine & Dine 2016!

Aww Tammie, thank you so much for doing this, they all came out so amazing and really showcased what an amazing weekend it was for us all. Disney, cupcakes, running, & cocktails brought us all together, all from different walks of life. Such a unique, diverse group of women, united by sugar and booze. :rotfl2: I cherish the memories and hope we can make more in 2016.

Karen-Thank you! You are one of those cupcakes that I am so thankful are a part of my life. I was drawn to you for your humor and your incredible photography skills. You have an amazing eye and capture the most incredible moments with your lens! Over the last almost 2 years I have grown to admire you for your sense of family and how much you truly love your family. You have an amazing mother/daughter relationship that I am jealous of. I love your zest for life. Praying that everything works out with you for 2016...we do need to really booze it up this time while on a sugar rush...this time I will not fizzle out at the end of the evening!

:thumbsup2:rotfl2:
:worship::worship::worship:

Great trip report! I really loved following along in your adventures and and the cupcake adventures. The videos you created were also fantastic.

I can't wait to read about the next adventure.

Thank you! Know that I am lurking on your PTR and cant wait to hear about your success! :jumping1:

I loved part 3 of the video ... and I also loved reading all about the fun adventures of the cupcake runners!

Also ... it looks like Cammy won the cocktail count. Does she get some sort of prize?

Well just for a teaser check back next week when we start the PTR and see what happened....:scared1::scratchin:thumbsup2

I'm looking forward to reading about the cupcake preparations & exciting adventures at Wine & Dine 2016!

Never a dull moment with us...lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter