Petition to Make Princess Leia a Disney Princess

Honestly I don't think she should become a Disney Princess. They are two different things....it just won't work. There are better ways to honor Carrie and her character.

i've been thinking about this a little. In no way would I call Leia a DISNEY princess. So to group her in with them I think is a bad thing. but I also love the parenting style where your raising a warrior instead of a princess because I think it improves society, gets more independent strong minded have an opinion women (or boys that associate with, I dont want to say it's specific to gender). Blurring that image that what a princess is and bringing it into not only modern but future image of what a princess could be (and maybe should be is the better wording. not sure on this point).

Then I was thinking would Leia be out of place for those rare moments where all the princesses are on stage. Having her in the background for the 45th anniversary speeches. I'm mixed on this as I'm all for independence being added to that image as I think it's really missing right now when they do come out like that. Moana and to a degree merida I think fit into this well but done in that disney inspire young people way. Merida I think is portrayed well in FoF in this manor. Anna and Elsa is kind of like the sisters version of this also, but I wouldn't group them into it. Would leia be inspirational if she came out with the others. Is that rebel with a cause image missing right now? Is a merger of the franchises enough to group her in but I'm still on the fence as it deosnt' feel the right way to have that.

Maybe it's more the "I could see this being the future" aspect of star wars that puts her in a category that is mostly all by herself.

well my rambling is done. She's still not a DISNEY princess but I think there is ways disney can inspire young people with the character, just not grouped with all of the others.. Maybe at some point in the future if she inspires future disney princesses to go in a different direction and I think frozen accidentally touched on 1 aspect of going that direction it might make more sense 30-50 years from now. right now, she doesn't fit in and shouldn't be twisted aroudn to fit in. Then she wouldn't be leia.

I say no to Leia being a Disney Princess. But what people say or do(petitions) will be irrelevant. Disney will make a decision down the road based on what
most of their decisions are based on. How much $$$'s can be made?

"Disney Princess" is a marketing designation. The official Disney Princesses are their own brand, it's why Anna and Elsa have never been "coronated" into the "Disney Princess" group because they live under the separate "Frozen" brand. It's far more profitable to keep them separate and the same goes for things under the Star Wars brand, Disney isn't going to fold a piece of Star Wars into the Disney Princess brand.

A Disney Princess, in my mind, is animated. Princess Leia was not.

well not in the main movies but there is animated star wars stuff with her in it.. (I still agree, not a disney princess) but technically she has been animated.

Those people don't get Star Wars...or more accurately...the fan's history with it.

And again..."disney princess" is cute for a 5 year old girl...but it's not like being named a Rhodes scholar.
Some things are just for kids.

You have shattered my beliefs LOL. This not being a Rhodes scholar is true?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter