Petition to Make Princess Leia a Disney Princess

Why? Yes she made a huge impact the movies, Star Wars in particular but at the time she did that part she was not even close to being (or probably even caring about) Disney. She never participated in any Disney events nor did anything else aligned with Disney.

She certainly needs some recognition but I don't believe it should be from Disney.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/fi...ar-wars-princess-leia-episodes-viii-ix-disney

The last paragraph really spells it out...but this "official disney princess" crap is insulting to Star Wars fans and to what her place in pop and Hollywood was.

Disney has been pretty good so far at running the franchise...but it was never to make a character like this into Minnie Mouse.

Not everything has to result in an appearance at a character breakfast.

Just my opinion but I think its unnecessary.
She is a Star Wars character which is owned by Disney so I think she's close enough already let's not go wild here.

Leia is a full fledged princess. One does not have to be a Disney princess to be a princess. As I roll my eyes so hard my brain hurts. Carrie would've hated Leia becoming a Disney princess

Last edited:

I'm only surprised so many people are ok with this because I thought they truly wanted Star Wars separated from things like the princesses

Princess Leia has always been one of my favourite princesses, but she is not a Disney princess, and nor should she be named as one.

However, I'm sure that if Disney thinks they can make more money by doing so, they will

Correct. The question for Disney is: Can we slap an image on a bunch of cheap crap ranging from toys to clothing to coffee mugs? Could we charge an exorbitant amount of money to do Princess Leia hair-dos at BBB? Yes??? Welcome Princess Leia to the Disney princess family. The first ltd ed pins with Leia with Snow, Cindy, and Aurora go on sale asap!

I'm only surprised so many people are ok with this because I thought they truly wanted Star Wars separated from things like the princesses

Those people don't get Star Wars...or more accurately...the fan's history with it.

And again..."disney princess" is cute for a 5 year old girl...but it's not like being named a Rhodes scholar.
Some things are just for kids.

Last edited:
Correct. The question for Disney is: Can we slap an image on a bunch of cheap crap ranging from toys to clothing to coffee mugs? Could we charge an exorbitant amount of money to do Princess Leia hair-dos at BBB? Yes??? Welcome Princess Leia to the Disney princess family. The first ltd ed pins with Leia with Snow, Cindy, and Aurora go on sale asap!

...if you're trying to make me get a second look at my breakfast...it's working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter