PeopleMover is my kind of thrill ride! ~6/30: quick check in!

First off, I hope you'll all forgive me as I've been ridiculously behind of many of your PTRs and TRs. Please know that I'm slowly but surely catching up and haven't forgotten about you! :hug:
This actually makes me feel good that I'm not the only one. :goodvibes Yours is one of the very few reports that I'm keeping up on, I think. My "watched" list is daunting right now. Darn Disney trip messing up my DIS time. :rotfl:

During the bus ride, I overheard an interesting conversation between three college girls discussing how, in 10 short years,
they’d be – to their complete and utter horrors – 30. :rotfl:
:rotfl2: Well, if it makes them feel better, 10 short years ago they were 10 - and I bet they feel like that was a lifetime ago. I agree with you, though, 30's have been pretty good. :thumbsup2

And then saw something else… a woman… in very high heels.
That's right - you and I had a conversation about this later that night, right? And I told you about my co-worker who wanted to wear her heels while doing a warehouse inventory because that was the only way her feet were comfortable? :confused3 I am not much of a heels person, I like my comfort. ::yes::

The bun was absolutely amazing – sweet and just perfect.
And the frushi?!
Unbelievably yummy.
We liked both of those too!

I'm here finally! I just realized you started this, I'm so sorry I'm late!!!
Yay!!! Welcome Jen - happy you hopped over!!! :goodvibes

Great start, I love Pop, it's really my home value resort! If I could always stay deluxe, I would, but I can't be too mad when I forced to stay at Pop, it's so fun and cute!
I love Pop, too! I'd love to make it over to a Moderate some day soon. And maybe this trip convinced me that maybe I can hang at the resort a little bit here and there! In the past, I just can't justify paying for anything more than a Value because I'm never there to enjoy it :rotfl:

Yay, Epcot was your first park!!! You know how I love my Epcot! I'm so glad you got to catch the last day of Flower and Garden, isn't Epcot extra beautiful?
You love Epcot?!?!!? Hmmm, never would have guess it :rotfl2: I actually thought to myself once or twice "Jen would be so proud of me... I'm spending so much time at Epcot!" :thumbsup2 I just love Epcot during F&G - yes, it's extra beautiful! :cloud9:

I'm so sad I never tried the Frushi, I wanted to every time I walked by the Japan booth but I was never hungry!
Next time you must - it was amazing!!! ::yes::

YES!!! I've been noticing this too! These people are crazy! I would be dying after an hour of walking the parks in heels. I hate heels. I hate them. If someone every wants to think of a way to slowly torture me to death, put me in 4 inch heels and make me walk around Disney World for a day!
These people ARE crazy!!! I'll never understand it. :sad2:

Can't wait to read more!
Thanks, Jen!!! Can't wait to keep sharing :goodvibes

Great update! I love the floating flowerpots!! They are so cool!
Thank you!!! The flowerpots are just so beautiful :flower1:

I'd love to go to DW during F&G someday, but I'd probably have to do a solo trip or I'd drive my DH bonkers with all the picture taking! its so beautiful.
:rotfl2: I totally understand... stay tuned, my picture count is just ridiculous... and I'm not even posting all of them! :laughing:

Very nice pic of the Japan pavilion, it's so zen :rolleyes:
:laughing:

Funny girls on the bus....I'm fast approaching 45 and still feel 25...40's are pretty darn cool too :smooth:
As happy as I am in my 30s, I imagine the 40s will treat me similarly, too :thumbsup2 Yay for still feeling 25 - that's what matters anyway, right?! ::yes:: How old we feel!

I'm always amazed when I see ladies in sky high heels in the parks, my feet just ache thinking about it. More power to 'em, they sure are pretty but ouch!!:sad:
I couldn't agree more! Just amazing to me. :confused3 :laughing:

Following along! You look like you're having a fabulous time. All these solo trips I keep reading about make me want to take one too. Of course, my DD would probably stop talking to me...
Yay!!! So happy to have you here!!! I really was having such a wonderful time. Still hard to believe my trip is behind me though :sad2: Solo trips really are amazing!!! But... wouldn't want DD to stop talking to you ;)

This actually makes me feel good that I'm not the only one. :goodvibes Yours is one of the very few reports that I'm keeping up on, I think. My "watched" list is daunting right now. Darn Disney trip messing up my DIS time. :rotfl:
No, you're definitely NOT the only one! My trip just totally threw me off my "schedule" and I can't get back on track :laughing:

:rotfl2: Well, if it makes them feel better, 10 short years ago they were 10 - and I bet they feel like that was a lifetime ago. I agree with you, though, 30's have been pretty good. :thumbsup2
Very true! Glad you agree :goodvibes

That's right - you and I had a conversation about this later that night, right? And I told you about my co-worker who wanted to wear her heels while doing a warehouse inventory because that was the only way her feet were comfortable? :confused3 I am not much of a heels person, I like my comfort. ::yes::
YES! That's right, we did have this conversation - this still just baffles me to no end. :confused: :laughing:

We liked both of those too!
Glad you did!!! Can't wait to hear more about your F&G experience :thumbsup2

Yay!! First step into a park--nothin better!!

I'm always amazed at some of the footwear too! I don't get wearing the high heels and I don't know how people walk in the little cheapy flip flops. Don't get me wrong--I live in cheap flip flops all summer, but I definitely can't walk around Disney in them.....

That frushi looks so pretty and refreshing!

Now get there and....uh....well...eat some more!!

Yay!! First step into a park--nothin better!!
So true!!! ::yes::

I'm always amazed at some of the footwear too! I don't get wearing the high heels and I don't know how people walk in the little cheapy flip flops. Don't get me wrong--I live in cheap flip flops all summer, but I definitely can't walk around Disney in them....
I don't understand it at ALL! And I agree about the cheap flip flops - I also live in them all summer long but for all day in a park?! No thank you! :sad2:

That frushi looks so pretty and refreshing!
It was SO good!

Now get there and....uh....well...eat some more!!
Consider it done! :thumbsup2

May 17, 2015
Day 1, Part 3

When I last left off, I had just finished up eating in Japan and I was ready to do some more damage! I headed for Morocco for Stop #2: the falafel wrap. This was one of the items that I was most looking forward to. I shimmied up to the register and a young woman and her boyfriend budged right in front of me. Sadly, this was only the start of budging this trip. I think as a solo traveler you see this more often because there isn’t enough of you to keep people behind you from creeping up and around you. Anyway, the guy gave me a half-hearted apologetic smile but I just smiled and let them go. Nothing could shake this “I’m at Disney World” smile off my face! The falafel was good but definitely far from my favorite.

100_2795.JPG

This was my amazing view though, which was pretty hard to beat!

100_2796.JPG

As I passed England, I texted my sister [who lives in England] a picture of the “loo.”
IMG_1001.JPG

This made me both happy and sad: happy because of the amazing memory and sad because she wasn’t there with me again! Years ago on a trip we took together, there was an outrageously long line for the bathrooms in the England pavilion. We had sauntered up, took one look at the line, and she said “I’m not going to queue up to go to the bloody loo” in her best British accent. It was hilarious and we find creative ways to interject that phrase into non-Disney life as much as possible.

Passing England, I headed for France, a little nervous that the skies were going to open up at any moment. See the clouds?
100_2799.JPG

I hadn’t really intended on getting a macaroon – don’t get me wrong, it was on my list, but toward the bottom. Well, friends, that thing was just calling to me! So I gave in and got one.

100_2798.JPG

Wow. This may have been my favorite F&G purchase of all! Sometimes those impulse buys are the best ones.
100_2800.JPG

This was AMAZING!!!

And here was my amazing view:

100_2801.JPG

Still nervous about the weather – and also needing a break from all the eating (I mean, I wanted to keep eating but I’m not completely a bottomless pit!) – I decided to make my first attraction something that probably NO ONE has ever done as their first Disney attraction of the trip: Impressions de France!

I asked how long until the next show and there was only 5 minutes, perfect! I think this decision proved that I was really taking a different approach to this trip. It wasn’t about hitting all the major attractions at break-neck speed. It was about going with the flow and enjoying just being there. Okay, maybe what it really was on this particular day was eating. Moving on…

After Impressions, I stopped for a few PP photos.
IMG_0996.JPG

Apparently only one of which I decided to post... :laughing:

And then I headed toward Future World, first stopping at Pineapple Promenade for this yummy Violet Lemonade, another item on my list but at the bottom. However, a cold, refreshing drink was just calling to me!

100_2804.JPG

*continued in next post*

Last edited:

*continued from previous post*

On my way to my true destination, I headed to check out the single rider situation at Test Track. The wait time was posted at 20 minutes but given the line I saw, I was skeptical but hopped in it anyway. I waited in line just behind a couple who had “Just Engaged” buttons! How exciting! I noticed that they had written in marker the date on their buttons of last night! But here’s the thing… they didn’t utter two words to each other the entire time… until about 20 minutes into waiting and she poked him in the stomach and he muttered something unappreciative back to her. I bet they were at the end of their vacation and just plain pooped. I sure hope they mustered a little more enthusiasm last night though. So here’s the thing about solo traveling, in case you’re not familiar yourself: you observe a lot of people doing a lot of things. Sometimes these things melt your heart, sometimes they have you scratching your head, and sometimes, well, you get the drift.

100_2806.JPG

After my slightly-less-than-thrilling experience on TT (sorry, I am in the “want the old TT version back” camp!), I headed over to the Festival Center just before 3:30. My knee was holding up really well! Yay! On my way there I caught a [grown] man dancing and when he saw me see him, I gave him a big thumbs up that he seemed to really appreciate. I love what Disney does to people.

Once I got into the center, I overheard an expert talking about chile peppers and promptly moved right on past… chile peppers and I are not friends. I wandered the center a bit to check things out.

100_2810.JPG

100_2811.JPG

100_2812.JPG

Then I sat down to check out the video they play about the making of the F&G festival. This was really cool and I was really glad I did it. It’s unbelievable what it takes to put together something as big as the F&G festival. I give huge props to everyone involved.

I still wasn’t hungry enough to continue my eating-around-the-world expedition, so I ventured off to do something I’ve never done before!

That macaron and violet lemonade are really speaking to me! I must be in a pastel mood.....

I think we are in agreement on TT. I don't love the make your car, blah blah blah thing. Still love flying around the track though!

That macaron is definitely on my list if they have it at F&W in October!! Your purple drink looked pretty awesome too!! Weird about that couple you saw....people watching sure can be entertaining though...and it's like nobody notices you are watching them lol

That macaron and violet lemonade are really speaking to me! I must be in a pastel mood.....

I think we are in agreement on TT. I don't love the make your car, blah blah blah thing. Still love flying around the track though!
:laughing: about your "pastel mood" :thumbsup2 Both pastel options were amazing!

Yes! Still love zooming around the track - that won't ever get old! :thumbsup2 But I much prefer the old interior portion, that's for sure. ::yes::

That macaron is definitely on my list if they have it at F&W in October!! Your purple drink looked pretty awesome too!! Weird about that couple you saw....people watching sure can be entertaining though...and it's like nobody notices you are watching them lol
Hopefully it'll be there because it was just unbelievably yummy! Definitely a "must eat!"

People-watching is definitely entertaining... and let's just say I was often entertained by people this trip :rotfl:

All caught up...it was a crazy "last week of school" last week so I fell behind :( I'm all caught up now though! I'm completely loving your approach to this trip so far, more laid back and enjoying the things that are so easily overlooked.

I'm completely on board with you about TT...I like the other version better as well!

So much yummy stuff in this update! I really wanted to try the violet lemonade but with all the rain we had it just never happened.

I've actually never experienced the line problem you had while solo. I think though it might be because I am fairly tall and therefore hard to miss. :rotfl:

I think it's awesome that your first attraction was the France movie (not even going to attempt to spell the title right now). Once again that's the beauty of being solo, you can do what you want when you want.

When I last left off, I had just finished up eating in Japan

Clearly I should not read too quickly because I read that as "I had just finished eating up Japan." Although...

I think as a solo traveler you see this more often because there isn’t enough of you to keep people behind you from creeping up and around you.

I think that is true. Myself, I'm not a pushy type anyway which is why when I'm with a group I usually end up getting left behind, lol.

I’m not going to queue up to go to the bloody loo

Just FYI, that is going to be my new go to phrase.

I decided to make my first attraction something that probably NO ONE has ever done as their first Disney attraction of the trip: Impressions de France!

Or second... or third... or ever...

you observe a lot of people doing a lot of things.

This may be the best part honestly. Disney brings out the most interesting people that probably get missed by 80% of everyone else.

I think as a solo traveler you see this more often because there isn’t enough of you to keep people behind you from creeping up and around you.
:sad2: I'm sorry you had to deal with people butting in front of you. But at least you had the right attitude to handle it and just let the Disney magic continue to consume you.

Passing England, I headed for France, a little nervous that the skies were going to open up at any moment. See the clouds?
Definitely an ominous looking sky. I'd be nervous about the weather too.

Wow. This may have been my favorite F&G purchase of all! Sometimes those impulse buys are the best ones.
Wow! Well, I'm glad the macaroon was calling your name as you passed by. Kind of nice to just be able to go with the flow and grab whatever you want as you pass by.

I decided to make my first attraction something that probably NO ONE has ever done as their first Disney attraction of the trip: Impressions de France!
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I definitely think you've earned the dubious honor of being the first.

It wasn’t about hitting all the major attractions at break-neck speed.
Blasphemy!

It was about going with the flow and enjoying just being there. Okay, maybe what it really was on this particular day was eating.
Well, Ok. I guess that's ok. But just this once.

On my way to my true destination, I headed to check out the single rider situation at Test Track. The wait time was posted at 20 minutes but given the line I saw, I was skeptical but hopped in it anyway.
That's more like it!

After my slightly-less-than-thrilling experience on TT (sorry, I am in the “want the old TT version back” camp!),
I'm right there with you. I don't "get" the Tron version of it, honestly. I liked the old test facility feel of the ride.

But can we at least please keep the car design studio part? Because I do actually like that change to the ride.

On my way there I caught a [grown] man dancing and when he saw me see him, I gave him a big thumbs up that he seemed to really appreciate. I love what Disney does to people.
:thumbsup2 to you for giving him a :thumbsup2. Disney brings out the kid in all of us, and it is definitely nice to share a moment and give some encouragement to a stranger to just let loose.

I still wasn’t hungry enough to continue my eating-around-the-world expedition, so I ventured off to do something I’ve never done before!
Not hungry enough??? But you only have one day!!!! :eek:

I've never had a macraoon. What does it taste like? It looks really good.

I love the photo of you in France; and I'm glad you went to see the film...to often those films get neglected.

What a wierd situation in the line for TT. I hope, like you, they were just pooped after a long trip. YES...BRING BACK THE OLD VERSION of TT.

How fun that you saw a man dancing at Disney. I love what Disney does to people.

I never got to the Festival Center. It was closed while we were there (it was only open certain days and we were never there on those days).

I shimmied up to the register and a young woman and her boyfriend budged right in front of me.

Well, sure, because if you're waiting on line alone, that just means you're waiting for someone to cut in front of you.
But you handled it like a pro!

“I’m not going to queue up to go to the bloody loo”

Yeah, that's so going to be my reaction next time I see a bathroom line. I'm totally stealing it. I can't do the accent, though.

100_2800-jpg.101374

This was AMAZING!!!

It looks amazing! Its always nice when an impulse buy becomes a favorite!

That's certainly an original idea ... but it's definitely a good place to take a break from eating!

Okay, maybe what it really was on this particular day was eating.

That's not what it's about every day?

I love this picture!

So here’s the thing about solo traveling, in case you’re not familiar yourself: you observe a lot of people doing a lot of things. Sometimes these things melt your heart, sometimes they have you scratching your head, and sometimes, well, you get the drift.

Yeah, people watching is always interesting. Some people ...

Then I sat down to check out the video they play about the making of the F&G festival. This was really cool and I was really glad I did it. It’s unbelievable what it takes to put together something as big as the F&G festival. I give huge props to everyone involved.

I did not know they had a video of the making of the F&G Festival ... sounds really interesting!

"Impressions of France" as your first attraction isn't enough of a new experience for you? You have to go for something else you've never done before?
I can't wait to hear what it is!

I've never had a macraoon. What does it taste like? It looks really good.

Macarons are so delish...the new cupcakes IMHO. The outside part is usually sort of like the texture of the meringue...crispy and light...sometimes crunchy or sometimes a bit chewier...and they come in amazing flavours.....and the fillings can be anything ....different flavours of sweet cream usually....They are a really nice, light sweet ending to a meal or with coffee.

Reactions: GAN
img_0996-jpg.101384

Apparently only one of which I decided to post... :laughing:
What a great pic!

I bet it was really cool to see how they put it all together. So much work goes into it that honestly we never really think about! I love those " how we did it" informational videos!

The violet lemonade looks really good, pretty color! but I always have this fear that anything that has a flower in its name is going to taste like soap :confused3.

I never got to see the first version of TT. I had a major time gap between DW visits, my first experience at Epcot this area was still World of Motion!

I've been to Paris 2x and have never had a maccaroon! Blasphemy! I need to start living!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter