PeopleMover is my kind of thrill ride! ~6/30: quick check in!

Hi everyone!
Hi Tracy!
First off, I hope you'll all forgive me as I've been ridiculously behind of many of your PTRs and TRs
I'm not sure what the Trip Report writing etiquette is, but I think I'm due for an update as well.
During the bus ride, I overheard an interesting conversation between three college girls discussing how, in 10 short years,
they’d be – to their complete and utter horrors – 30.
ahhhh ... I remember having those fears in my early 20's and especially the last months before the big 3-0. I quickly realized the anticipation was the worst part, as I'm sure you did too!
But it turns out my 30s are so much better than my 20s. I'm happy to be firmly planted in 'em. :thumbsup2
Agree 100%!
I actually relaxed and I wasn't even a day into my trip yet! ::yes::
So .... do we revoke your commando status now or later?

Glad you made good use of the last day of the F&G festival!

Great start to your afternoon in Epcot!

Those girls on the bus crack me up. I thought I would be freaked out by 30 but I feel like it came and went without much thought!

I love the F&G pictures - especially your selfie!

Great start to the F&G booths. I would have chose both of those items at the Japan booth! And the view is perfection!

Those floating flowers are awesome!!! Isn't it funny eavesdropping on "kids" ie: 20 somethings'...conversations?? I agree though....some things get better with age...until they go downhill again lol...Can't wait to hear more about Epcot and what you ate :)
Aren't they beautiful! I wish they had them year-round. :flower1: Yes, eavesdropping on "kids" is great fun :laughing: I agree - some things get better with age :thumbsup2 I'll ignore the part about going downhill again though...

Loving your report so far!
Thank you so much!!! :goodvibes So glad to have you here!

Hi Tracy!
Hi John!!! :wave2:

I'm not sure what the Trip Report writing etiquette is, but I think I'm due for an update as well.
I'm SO glad you mentioned this... I need to hop on over to yours! :thumbsup2

ahhhh ... I remember having those fears in my early 20's and especially the last months before the big 3-0. I quickly realized the anticipation was the worst part, as I'm sure you did too!
Yes! The anticipation was the worst part for sure. Once the birthday actually passed... I was like "okay, why was I so worked up about this?!" :laughing:

Agree 100%!
:thumbsup2

So .... do we revoke your commando status now or later?
Hmm... good question... @pkondz - wanna weigh in here?

Glad you made good use of the last day of the F&G festival![/QUOTE]
I really did! And there's lots more coming! :thumbsup2

Great start to your afternoon in Epcot!
Thanks! I thought so too! :goodvibes

Those girls on the bus crack me up. I thought I would be freaked out by 30 but I feel like it came and went without much thought!
I know, I was laughing so much (on the inside of course) :laughing:

I love the F&G pictures - especially your selfie!
Thank you!!! Speaking of pictures, I see you changed your avatar - I love it! But I almost didn't recognize it was you at first because I'm so used to your other one :laughing: Super cute!!! :goodvibes

Great start to the F&G booths. I would have chose both of those items at the Japan booth! And the view is perfection!

You know reading your TR I realized...this year will be our first year going to WDW not during the F&G...that will be strange. It was never that way on purpose DH is just a spur of the minute guy (before the job that requires an insane amount of notice for vacation time) and he would say let's go to WDW next month or one time next week lol. Somehow to my horror we missed the food kiosks every trip...

I am so excited you started with EPCOT, I love it as does the entire family. In fact we spend nearly the same amount of time at EPCOT as MK...

today might be my first day at Disney but it was also the last day of F&G. I needed to make the most of it!
A perfectly timed trip! I'd love to get there for F&G or F&W sometime. I could put a dent in some of those menus.

During the bus ride, I overheard an interesting conversation between three college girls discussing how, in 10 short years,
they’d be – to their complete and utter horrors – 30. :rotfl: Oh, ladies, I remember when I hit that number I thought I'd actually just drop over in disbelief. But it turns out my 30s are so much better than my 20s.
:sad2: You know, the 30's are good. Except for those times that I still think I'm 20 and push myself a little bit too hard and can barely move the next day. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

The bun was absolutely amazing – sweet and just perfect.
And the frushi?!
Unbelievably yummy.
I'm glad it was good!

But... all good things must come to an end and after I couldn’t contain myself any longer, I headed off in search of my next destination.
Well, all good things must come to an end, especially when there are more good things just around the bend! :thumbsup2

Up next: more F&G eating and drinking! And a few other things here and there. But... who am I kidding... mostly just eating and drinking!
Ok, we'll allow you a slow paced day today. Gotta take advantage of the booths while they're still there!

Hi everyone!

Hi Tracy! :wave2:

So we left off with me rushing to get out of my room and over to Epcot because,

Over to Epcot because?

Because, Epcot!

Of all the things I packed in my new black zipper bag… the one thing I really brought along couldn’t fit in it: my appetite! :thumbsup2

:laughing: I like that!

You can't really tell from this picture, but the time stamp according to the bus was 12:35!

Now be honest. Did you really think (you may have hoped), when you were planning the trip, that you'd be on a bus to Epcot by 12:35?

Oh, ma Gawd! Like, you're so basic! We'll never get that ancient!

But... I decided they'd have to find out for themselves. :laughing:

Let them suffer like the rest of us.

Ahhh… that first brush with your first park of the trip is always so surreal – I’m REALLY HERE!

You really are!!

Mary Ellen will absolutely appreciate my floating flower pot photos!

You know what I want? I don't want them to just be floating... but powered.
I'd like to see them be like those Roombas.
All these flower pots motoring around the pond.
Gently bumping into the shore and each other.

There ya go.

100_2783-jpg.100866

Pretty lady!

As I headed toward Mexico, I noticed one of the very talented face painters and thought of Billie (@Elevationist). :goodvibes

::yes::

And then saw something else… a woman… in very high heels. Like, you-couldn't-pay-me-enough-to-wear-them-across-the-street high heels. Guys, for real, you just wouldn't believe these things. I love high heels, don't get me wrong, but to wear on an outing to Epcot?!

I saw the same thing. I just shook my head, sprinted around her six times and took off.
She couldn't catch me.

it seemed, instead, that these women chose these shoes as their park shoes for the day. :faint:

I assume that by "day", in this case you mean "next few minutes".

Anyway… I had a specific destination in mind – Japan!

!!!

I think I'm in love.
I like glass and Japan... and you do this????

:faint: (That's less a faint and more a swoon.)

I grabbed my plates and headed for a great spot with this amazing view.

100_2793-jpg.100874

Lovely view.

Believe it or not, I took my time and just enjoyed that my vacation was just starting. @pkondz - contain yourself! It's true!!!
I actually relaxed and I wasn't even a day into my trip yet! ::yes::

I believe you!

And good for you!
I think WS is the best place to relax.

... But... all good things must come to an end and after I couldn’t contain myself any longer, I headed off in search of my next destination.

The good things are just beginning!
Thanks for the update, Tracy! :goodvibes

As one who recently hit her 40s, the conversation you overheard is really funny! Of course I still feel about 5 years old when it comes to Disney so I guess it's all relative.

I love those floating flower post they have during F&G! I wish they had them all year round.

I see high heels in the parks all the time. I can't even imagine how you can do that! I don't even wear heels in my regular life let alone at a Disney park.

The food looks amazing! Jim and I did F&G in 2014 but it poured rain the entire time we were in Epcot. Needless to say, we never ended up getting anything from the booths but ate at Sunshine Seasons instead.

Good start at Epoct. We were there in early April and I enjoyed the topiaries but with two kids, we didn't get much of a chance to sample any of the food.

Enjoying your report so far! Can't wait to hear more about the Flower (Food) & Garden Festival.

:lmao: OMG I love it. Stupid kids.

Mary Ellen will absolutely appreciate my floating flower pot photos!

100_2781-jpg.100864

This might be what I miss about F&G the most. Seriously Disney... all year please!

As I headed toward Mexico, I noticed one of the very talented face painters and thought of Billie

Indeed. She may have convinced me to get a facepainting next trip.

And then saw something else… a woman… in very high heels.

I, for one, NEVER wear high heels in Disney. But seriously I've never been a fan of high heels. As with most things, when choosing between "looks" and "comfort", comfort will always win for me. And for the record in my opinion, walking around in high heels in Disney is not a good look.

they’d be – to their complete and utter horrors – 30. :rotfl: Oh, ladies, I remember when I hit that number I thought I'd actually just drop over in disbelief. But it turns out my 30s are so much better than my 20s. I'm happy to be firmly planted in 'em. :thumbsup2 But... I decided they'd have to find out for themselves. :laughing:

I remember when 30 seemed so far away ... now it's too close! But 20 year olds, really, they don't know anything.

And then saw something else… a woman… in very high heels. Like, you-couldn't-pay-me-enough-to-wear-them-across-the-street high heels. Guys, for real, you just wouldn't believe these things. I love high heels, don't get me wrong, but to wear on an outing to Epcot?! It was really shocking the number of extraordinarily high heels I witnessed this trip. Almost never did I think by the rest of the party’s attire that they were heading to a really fancy ADR; it seemed, instead, that these women chose these shoes as their park shoes for the day. :faint:

I like heels too, but ... not sensible park shoes. People confuse me...

I love all of the Flower & Garden pictures ... that's my favorite time of year at Epcot!

Yay! I don't usually read PTRs, but really enjoyed yours! It is fun to see how your plans are coming through. So far you seem to be off to a great start! Just got back myself yesterday. Fighting off the DWD (Disney Withdrawal Disorder) by catching up on the DIS and planning the next trip!

Fun update. Love the pictures as you "walked quickly" through your resort. And :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for your destination bus!
I loved all of the toparies, but Snow White was definitely a favorite.

I am glad that I am NOT the only one who noticed the high heeled shoes this trip. They were everywhere. Seriously, women, are you crazy? I don't wear them to work anymore (weddings is about it), but to walk around a park all day in them. :faint:

I wouldn't eat what you had (I don't do that kind of stuff at all), but I'm thoroughly glad you enjoyed it. And what a great idea to use your rewards card for your F&G food purchses. :thumbsup2

You know reading your TR I realized...this year will be our first year going to WDW not during the F&G...that will be strange. It was never that way on purpose DH is just a spur of the minute guy (before the job that requires an insane amount of notice for vacation time) and he would say let's go to WDW next month or one time next week lol. Somehow to my horror we missed the food kiosks every trip...

I am so excited you started with EPCOT, I love it as does the entire family. In fact we spend nearly the same amount of time at EPCOT as MK...
Wow! You're lucky that in the past you've gotten to F&G so often - yay! Wow, I would have loved to have heard "let's go to Disney... next week" :laughing::thumbsup2

I think my love for Epcot and MK are now completely even!!! I love Epcot more every time I go. :goodvibes

A perfectly timed trip! I'd love to get there for F&G or F&W sometime. I could put a dent in some of those menus.
Trust me, a major dent was put in the menus... just wait and you'll see... :rotfl:

:sad2: You know, the 30's are good. Except for those times that I still think I'm 20 and push myself a little bit too hard and can barely move the next day. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:
Yeah... I hear ya... been there, done that :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm glad it was good!
:thumbsup2

Well, all good things must come to an end, especially when there are more good things just around the bend! :thumbsup2
YES!!! I love that quote!!!

Ok, we'll allow you a slow paced day today. Gotta take advantage of the booths while they're still there!
Absolutely, it was a must! ::yes::

Now be honest. Did you really think (you may have hoped), when you were planning the trip, that you'd be on a bus to Epcot by 12:35?
Not in my wildest dreams! I scheduled my FP+s for after 5pm "just in case" :laughing:

Oh, ma Gawd! Like, you're so basic! We'll never get that ancient!
For realz. ;)

Let them suffer like the rest of us.
:rotfl2:

You know what I want? I don't want them to just be floating... but powered.
I'd like to see them be like those Roombas.
All these flower pots motoring around the pond.
Gently bumping into the shore and each other.
YES! This needs to happen! Once @MEK's petition gets approved for them to be around year-round... we'll get to work on the powered ones :thumbsup2

Pretty lady!
Awww, Ponzi, how'd you know my "love language" was "words of affirmation"? :rotfl:

I saw the same thing. I just shook my head, sprinted around her six times and took off.
She couldn't catch me.
:laughing: I shoulda tried this!

I assume that by "day", in this case you mean "next few minutes".
I hope she had a back up pair of... crocks in her bag! :laughing:

!!!

I think I'm in love.
I like glass and Japan... and you do this????

:faint: (That's less a faint and more a swoon.)
Awww, Ponzi, you're the absolute bestest. :hug::hug::hug:

I believe you!

And good for you!
I think WS is the best place to relax.
It really is!!! I was a quick learner this trip! :thumbsup2

The good things are just beginning!
Thanks for the update, Tracy! :goodvibes
They sure are just beginning... :goodvibes
Thank you for reading!

As one who recently hit her 40s, the conversation you overheard is really funny! Of course I still feel about 5 years old when it comes to Disney so I guess it's all relative.
YES! I also feel like 5 when I'm at Disney... :goodvibes

I love those floating flower post they have during F&G! I wish they had them all year round.
I know!!! Me too!!! I just love them. Thankfully, even though some of the other things went down pretty quickly, the floating flower pots stayed for my whole trip :cloud9:

I see high heels in the parks all the time. I can't even imagine how you can do that! I don't even wear heels in my regular life let alone at a Disney park.
I can't even fathom it either!!! :confused3 My feet kill me at the end of a day with sneakers or very cushy sandals :laughing:

The food looks amazing! Jim and I did F&G in 2014 but it poured rain the entire time we were in Epcot. Needless to say, we never ended up getting anything from the booths but ate at Sunshine Seasons instead.
Ugh, that really stinks! I had incredibly good luck with weather this trip, I was so thankful.

Good start at Epoct. We were there in early April and I enjoyed the topiaries but with two kids, we didn't get much of a chance to sample any of the food.
Thanks! It was a great start, indeed. Yeah, kids kinda change things up at Disney, don't they? ::yes::

Enjoying your report so far! Can't wait to hear more about the Flower (Food) & Garden Festival.
Thank you so much!!! Yes, good point - it's more appropriated named "Food and Garden", isn't it? :laughing:

:lmao: OMG I love it. Stupid kids.
I know!!! :sad2: :rotfl2:

This might be what I miss about F&G the most. Seriously Disney... all year please!
For real. It just makes Epcot that much more beautiful (and we all know how difficult doing that is as it's pretty near perfect anyway!) :goodvibes

Indeed. She may have convinced me to get a facepainting next trip.
:thumbsup2 I'll expect to see that then! ::yes::

I, for one, NEVER wear high heels in Disney. But seriously I've never been a fan of high heels. As with most things, when choosing between "looks" and "comfort", comfort will always win for me. And for the record in my opinion, walking around in high heels in Disney is not a good look.
Ya know, Rob. that is an excellent idea. I don't either. Ain't nobody got time OR desire for that :laughing: I agree - not the best Disney look anyway! :thumbsup2 A choice Disney related tee or face paint or a nicely selected pair of Mickey ears goes a lot farther, doesn't it?!

I remember when 30 seemed so far away ... now it's too close! But 20 year olds, really, they don't know anything.
The 30s are great, I'd take em to my 20s any day! :thumbsup2

I like heels too, but ... not sensible park shoes. People confuse me...
Me too, Sarah! Very confusing... :laughing:

I love all of the Flower & Garden pictures ... that's my favorite time of year at Epcot!
Thanks!!! It's one of my favorite times of the year, too :goodvibes

Totally agree. The 30s were much better than the 20s!
Glad to have another supporter of this theory of mine! :thumbsup2

Yay! I don't usually read PTRs, but really enjoyed yours! It is fun to see how your plans are coming through. So far you seem to be off to a great start! Just got back myself yesterday. Fighting off the DWD (Disney Withdrawal Disorder) by catching up on the DIS and planning the next trip!
Awww, thanks Elena! :goodvibes I'm really glad to hear that.

I'd say "welcome home" but really who wants to hear that after a Disney trip?! :laughing: But I do hope you had a wonderful trip :goodvibes

Fun update. Love the pictures as you "walked quickly" through your resort. And :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for your destination bus!
Aww, thanks, Kathy :goodvibes

I know! And it came so quickly too!

I loved all of the toparies, but Snow White was definitely a favorite.
Mine too!

I am glad that I am NOT the only one who noticed the high heeled shoes this trip. They were everywhere. Seriously, women, are you crazy? I don't wear them to work anymore (weddings is about it), but to walk around a park all day in them. :faint:
It was totally ridiculous! They were everywhere. Have some sense, ladies. Sheesh. :laughing:

I wouldn't eat what you had (I don't do that kind of stuff at all), but I'm thoroughly glad you enjoyed it. And what a great idea to use your rewards card for your F&G food purchses. :thumbsup2
Thank you! I thought it was a great idea, too! :thumbsup2

I'm here finally! I just realized you started this, I'm so sorry I'm late!!!

Great start, I love Pop, it's really my home value resort! If I could always stay deluxe, I would, but I can't be too mad when I forced to stay at Pop, it's so fun and cute!

Yay, Epcot was your first park!!! You know how I love my Epcot! I'm so glad you got to catch the last day of Flower and Garden, isn't Epcot extra beautiful?

I'm so sad I never tried the Frushi, I wanted to every time I walked by the Japan booth but I was never hungry!

And then saw something else… a woman… in very high heels. Like, you-couldn't-pay-me-enough-to-wear-them-across-the-street high heels. Guys, for real, you just wouldn't believe these things. I love high heels, don't get me wrong, but to wear on an outing to Epcot?! It was really shocking the number of extraordinarily high heels I witnessed this trip. Almost never did I think by the rest of the party’s attire that they were heading to a really fancy ADR; it seemed, instead, that these women chose these shoes as their park shoes for the day.

YES!!! I've been noticing this too! These people are crazy! I would be dying after an hour of walking the parks in heels. I hate heels. I hate them. If someone every wants to think of a way to slowly torture me to death, put me in 4 inch heels and make me walk around Disney World for a day!

Can't wait to read more!

Great update! I love the floating flowerpots!! They are so cool! I'd love to go to DW during F&G someday, but I'd probably have to do a solo trip or I'd drive my DH bonkers with all the picture taking! its so beautiful.

Very nice pic of the Japan pavilion, it's so zen :rolleyes:

Funny girls on the bus....I'm fast approaching 45 and still feel 25...40's are pretty darn cool too :smooth:

I'm always amazed when I see ladies in sky high heels in the parks, my feet just ache thinking about it. More power to 'em, they sure are pretty but ouch!!:sad:

Following along! You look like you're having a fabulous time. All these solo trips I keep reading about make me want to take one too. Of course, my DD would probably stop talking to me...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter