PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Since its nice and early thought i would remind you all to save offers today...nothing else to do while waiting in line at passport office again ...lol..cant do anything but laugh.
Hope it all goes well! A friend was at an office last week and we’re told people start lining up there at 1AM each day!! :oops:

This is crazy! Hope you get yours renewed and that things settle soon.

Thanks for the reminder to save our offers. Our family has been on lockdown due to Covid since late last week so haven’t used any of our current offers.

Hi everyone,

I have to admit I am a bit sad to be joining this board as I am an AVID Air Miles collector. That said, most of my miles come through shopping at Safeway/Sobey's and I am not sure how much longer they will offer them in Alberta. :(

So, I am filling up with Air Miles while I can to hopefully get 4x 7 day WDW passes for future use. We do currently have a trip planned to DL and I was planning to purchase gift cards for meals etc while on site and wanted to see if:

1) Can you purchase gift cards with PC points?
2) Do you earn PC points on the purchase of gift cards? I see that they are excluded from the bonus point email thing that was just emailed to me, but was not sure on regular point earning.

Thanks!!!

You can purchase GC with points but you need to be creative.

You cannot go in and purchase a $50 GC using just $50 worth of points.

You can purchase $50 worth of groceries, add a $50 GC and pay using $50 + 50,000 points. I did this yesterday.

I pay for everything using my PC WORLD Elite MC and yes, earn points that way including g when I purchase GC.

Hope this helps. I know others will have more suggestions too.

Welcome to PC Optimum points!! Doing all you can they add up quickly!! We are a family of 2 and average $700+/year in points! I haven’t found any other program that can touch that!!

You can purchase GC with points but you need to be creative.

You cannot go in and purchase a $50 GC using just $50 worth of points.

You can purchase $50 worth of groceries, add a $50 GC and pay using $50 + 50,000 points. I did this yesterday.

I pay for everything using my PC WORLD Elite MC and yes, earn points that way including g when I purchase GC.

Hope this helps. I know others will have more suggestions too.

Welcome to PC Optimum points!! Doing all you can they add up quickly!! We are a family of 2 and average $700+/year in points! I haven’t found any other program that can touch that!!
I’ve got the PC World elite MC as well. We take frequent advantage of 20X the points at SDM as well. Sitting at 750$ of points so far for the year. We usually use the redemption at SDM 300$ for 200 PC Points at Xmas.

Hi everyone,

I have to admit I am a bit sad to be joining this board as I am an AVID Air Miles collector. That said, most of my miles come through shopping at Safeway/Sobey's and I am not sure how much longer they will offer them in Alberta. :(

So, I am filling up with Air Miles while I can to hopefully get 4x 7 day WDW passes for future use. We do currently have a trip planned to DL and I was planning to purchase gift cards for meals etc while on site and wanted to see if:

1) Can you purchase gift cards with PC points?
2) Do you earn PC points on the purchase of gift cards? I see that they are excluded from the bonus point email thing that was just emailed to me, but was not sure on regular point earning.

Thanks!!!
Welcome to the dark side,,,,lol,,,,no I think a lot of us were in the same boat for a while until AM dried up.
The pcpoints do and can add up very quick. But like all programs dont overspend just to get points.
IE, when shoppers has 20x the points we go in and stock up on femine products, tooth brush and paste and makeup,,,as long as they are not marked up,,,most times they are on sale as well so double whammy.

Yeah it almost feels like a game racking up these points. Buying staples like coffee, eggs, milk, pet food, etc on sale at least once a month for 20X the points.

Just bought 100$ of stuff (above + advil and aleve - all on sale) and got back 35$ in points at SDM 20X. And then will get more from using the MC.

Hi again everyone and thanks for the warm welcome to the "dark side" :)

I am hoping to confirm my understanding of a few things:

1) Earning Points
I just signed up for the PC Money card so, that means 10 points/$1 when I use debit on any transaction (not just at Superstore, Shoppers, etc...).

In addition to the 10 points/$1, there are stackable base points at Shopper's only at 15 points/$1.

You can earn additional points through regular promotions and the personalized offers sent through the App?

There are no base points at Superstore or Esso?

Unless specified, there are no points earned on the purchase of gift cards.

2) Using Points
These are done in increments of 10,000 points = $10 unless there is a spend your points promotion. You cannot use these points on the purchase of gift cards.

Is this all correct? Am I missing anything?

Thanks so much :)

Brandy

I am seriously thinking about getting a PC mastercard just to bump up my points. I am not one have a gazillion cc, as having too much credit is just as bad as too much debt. With finding AM harder to collect, I am wanting another points based program to focus on and reap the rewards. I already collect about $600.00 a year in points.

Is it really worth getting a PC card?

2) Using Points
These are done in increments of 10,000 points = $10 unless there is a spend your points promotion. You cannot use these points on the purchase of gift cards.

:welcome: to the dark side lol

All the info is correct.

"Technically" you can't use the points to purchase gift cards. What many of us do is make a big purchase - making sure the $ amount of merchandise is greater than the amount of the gift card you want to purchase. then use the points to purchase the merchandise. I hope that makes sense. I will do two transactions one with the merchandise and use my points to pay for them - the second one is strictly for the GC. I don't want them to know that I'm turning their " points" into gc.

I am seriously thinking about getting a PC mastercard just to bump up my points. I am not one have a gazillion cc, as having too much credit is just as bad as too much debt. With finding AM harder to collect, I am wanting another points based program to focus on and reap the rewards. I already collect about $600.00 a year in points.

Is it really worth getting a PC card?
Just a recommendation that if you do get a MC to get the World Elite. It is free but offers more points than the regular MC plus, includes travel insurance too. That in itself is another savings and provides peace of mind for those quick 'hop across the border' trips (if you make those) as you're even covered for occasional day trips, not just longer trips paid for with the MC.

Just a recommendation that if you do get a MC to get the World Elite. It is free but offers more points than the regular MC plus, includes travel insurance too. That in itself is another savings and provides peace of mind for those quick 'hop across the border' trips (if you make those) as you're even covered for occasional day trips, not just longer trips paid for with the MC.
Thanks for that info! I might have to talk to dh about opening up a new one get more points.

Unfortunately we are not able to hop across the boarder :sad: so that doesn't help me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter