Park Security

rochek1999

Mouseketeer
How "good" is security at the parks? Do you believe they do a good enough job during screening? In lieu of last night's Orlando bombing, will you remain MORE vigilant? I must confess that up until today I really didn't think of being nervous. We arrive this coming Saturday and I know that now I will be much more vigilant. Such a shame to feel this way at the Happiest Place on Earth.

Honestly, it won't change a thing about how I feel about security. We're heading down on Thursday night, and I have no concerns. Disney does a good job with security without being ridiculously intrusive, and the reality of the world today is that horrible events like that can happen anywhere. So no, I'm not going to be any more vigilant than any other day. Plan to live life and enjoy the ride...literally and figuratively

Could a terrorist walk in with a bomb? Maybe, probably? Small one perhaps? But that could happen anywhere at any time. Anywhere people gather could be a target...sporting events, concerts, clubs, malls, whatever.

I think they are doing more now with the metal detectors. Anything can be in a pocket or under clothes. This shooting shows how quickly a large group can be gunned down.

And isn't that a nice large holding tank security has created right outside the gates?

I'm not saying I don't want them to screen. I'm just saying I wish there was another way. That bottleneck at security makes me very nervous. I'd feel better once I was in the park. But if someone wanted to make headlines, all they would have to do is show up (completely unscreened) right outside the gates.

I hope they are doing everything they can to minimize backups there.

I also hope they are screening what's coming in the back door (CM's as well as delivery trucks).

I was just asking myself the same question. After seeing the news this morning I was thinking about how instead of a nightclub a crazy person could just as easily head to the Themeparks and attack a crowd of people waiting in line to get through security or people waiting for transportation. I really hope that security at the parks have already thought of this scenario and have some precautionary measures in place that they keep hidden from the public.

And I'm the last person who has ever been afraid while traveling! Heck, I've been to South Africa and Northern Ireland, ALONE and never felt unsafe...although I probably shouldn't have been so carefree.

How "good" is security at the parks? Do you believe they do a good enough job during screening? In lieu of last night's Orlando bombing, will you remain MORE vigilant? I must confess that up until today I really didn't think of being nervous. We arrive this coming Saturday and I know that now I will be much more vigilant. Such a shame to feel this way at the Happiest Place on Earth.

I believe Disney does an excellent job of security at the parks. I am sure there are things that they encounter which are dealt with that go unnoticed. Also, I don't believe the event in Orlando was a "bombing", but the largest mass shooting in American history. . Whatever the case, the results were tragic and my prayers go out to the families and friends of all of those involved, as well as to the citizens of Orlando.

The events of last night are tragic, especially for those of us who live here. When I first moved to Florida, there were a lot of grocery store shootings, where people were entering the stores and shooting anyone in sight at the cashier counters. Then there was the phase where it moved to workplace shootings, and you kind of wondered in the back of your mind any time someone got fired if they were going to bring a gun back to get even ( a couple times we had people who became violently angry when they were fired, and we were pretty cautious for a while). I will be interested, when the dust settles, to find out what was behind what happened last night. There is so much speculation and so few facts right now. All that is really important right now is to care for the survivors and the families of the victims. I am going to Disney in two weeks, and I am not going to allow this incident to keep me from enjoying it. I will not live in fear.

Just to clarify for people reading that didn't hear it wasn't a bombing. It was a lone gunman. While it doesn't change the fact that over 50 people died I think it's important to make sure the info being shared is as accurate as possible to not scare people.

At this time there is little know facts. The news has said he has possible ISIS ties they aren't saying its was a planned terrorist attack. The news here also said its possible he was targeting the gay community.

Leaving today and having been in the parks all week I think they do a great job. I agree that security is a bottleneck and there is a large group of people waiting in a single area.

It's horrible what happened. There are horrible people in this world and you can't live your life fearing them or you won't live life.

My thoughts to anyone that was there or had a family member there.

There is no way to be 100% safe out there. The best any of us can do is to be vigilant. But we cannot stop living our lives.
I agree, it could happen anywhere with large crowds - shopping mall, movie theaters, outside a sports venue. There was even a shooting outside an airport last week.

I think we will be seeing screening at each WDW resort before one can get on the bus. The group waiting for the bus would be much smaller because it is spread out at the various resorts. Off site busses go to different areas such as the TTC. I'm thinking there could be security set up at such places. Perhaps there will even be screening before one can enter the monorail system. What a sad state of our times we are living in.

We were talking about the security area before the parks open today & how that would be the easiest target ever. It made me think, has anyone here ever emailed or called Disney voicing their concerns about this? I haven't. Would it make a difference? Would Disney even respond? Or would we get a lame generic type of response. Just wondering. Thoughts or answers?

Welcome to the fight. We are at war and have been. You can not retreat. Stand tall keep your eyes open and report. If it does not look right it probably ain't right. This scum is out to attack us all. Disney does a great job but they will have to be even better. And they just blew up a bomb. As news comes out we are going to wonder how this person was under investigation twice by the FBI ever got to be in security. It breaks my heart that anybody got hurt much less killed. We as a people need to be proactive not reactive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter