Park Security

Increase security ala TSA (scans, detectors) and you'll spend more time GETTING in the parks than you will spend actually being IN the parks.

Increase security ala TSA (scans, detectors) and you'll spend more time GETTING in the parks than you will spend actually being IN the parks.

No thanks. I've spent an hour or more in the TSA line at MCO, and I am not in any way interested in having to wait in a similar type line to enter the park every day (or twice a day when I hop and take a rest break) of my vacation. That would be a huge turn off for me. In fact, it might make decide not to visit the parks at all.

Last edited:
And there are just a few hundred folks in line at the Airport--imagine many THOUSANDS!!

And all with strollers, huge packs, all manner of things setting off detectors--would be a zoo.

No thanks. I've spent an hour or more in the TSA line at MCO, and I am not in any way interested in having to wait in a similar type line to enter the park every day (or twice a day when I hop and take a rest break) of my vacation. That would be a huge turn off for me. In fact, it might make decide not to visit the parks at all.
I've been to the parks every day since last Monday and have never waited more than 10 minutes max with all the security sometimes like yesterday at Hollywood studios it was 15 second wait. And Friday evening at 7 pm security wait was 2 people in front of us so maybe 10 seconds. Also that night rode river rapids 3 times in a row without getting off the ride so yes please stay away.

I've been to the parks every day since last Monday and have never waited more than 10 minutes max with all the security sometimes like yesterday at Hollywood studios it was 15 second wait. And Friday evening at 7 pm security wait was 2 people in front of us so maybe 10 seconds. Also that night rode river rapids 3 times in a row without getting off the ride so yes please stay away.

I understand that. I've also generally experienced minimal wait times (except that one Monday last September where the wait for security at MK was almost 30 minutes -- but that was an anomaly). I was reacting to the suggestion that we need much more thorough TSA like screening at the parks, and that if they did it and it resulted in delays like at MCO, there would be no way I would bother going to the parks.

IF you waited 15 seconds then I'm sorry--that was NOT security!

Real security will demand package and bag scanners. Just poking around looking for something in the paraphernaila people lug to the parks just won't do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter