• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

P.O.T.C. On Stranger Rides! The Missing Chapter,,Final Thoughts,, Preview Thoughts.

so many have returned!! and many new.. welcome!

yes, the news was about our quitting smoking!! jan. 25. some of you may remember, I found out about the actual day right here on the dis! on his trip report!. I was sitting here, having a beer or 2 or 5, happily puffing away, and read that we were quitting as of the next morning! huh!?!

and neither of us has had one since!!! I am so proud of us. (but not of the weight I've gained.)

but the money we saved .. after much thought, consideration, options. etc etc .. nah, poppycock. no debate at all. um, we deserve a disney trip for quitting.!!
(could probably afford a trip to the moon with the money we spent on cigs.)

but.. lots of new "triggers" coming up with the trip. :eek:
the most amazing thing.. we quit together and haven't killed each other!!! guess this time it's for keeps!:hug:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance3:
Hi Nebo and Smidgy, I am along for the ride. :moped:
Good to see(sorry Nebo....) you two back up and running...:goodvibes
Looking forward to all the fun! :thumbsup2

KIM

yes, the news was about our quitting smoking!! jan. 25. some of you may remember, I found out about the actual day right here on the dis! on his trip report!. I was sitting here, having a beer or 2 or 5, happily puffing away, and read that we were wuitting as of the next mornign! huh!?!

and neither of us has had one since!!! I am so proud of us. (but not of the weight I've gained.)

but the money we saved .. after much thought, consideration, options. etc etc .. nah, poppycock. no debate at al. um, we deserve a disney trip for quitting.!!

the most amazing thing.. we quit together and haven't killed each other!!! guess this time it's for keeps!:hug:

I'm really glad for the two of you! It must have been difficult but hopefully worth the pain.

nebo and smidgy are going back to Disney! I can't wait. And CONGRATULATIONS on quitting smoking. You do deserve this trip to celebrate.

Oh, I'm in. I loved your last report. Okay, I'm going from memory here but a few things that stand out for me... fuzzy drink cups, Brazilian tour groups and cold weather. I hope this trip is the best yet.

Hi, I have seen your name on about a milion threads , thanks for checking in with us. yes, you got it all down perfectly.

Yay! I'm here:cool1: Can't wait to read more. I'm espceially excited becasue if you notice, my ticker our trip has moved up a whole year:woohoo: and we are staying at CBR. We are going with the pirate room. With an 8 year old it is must:thumbsup2

Janet,, I see and Augie in the siggy,,,,,look for the Beachcomber in St. Augustine Beach for a couple of beers and a sammich. How to find it? If you are heading south on A!A you need to make a left turn on a side street that heads right to the ocean. If you pass a Comfort Inn on the right two blocks down the road on A!A you went too far.

See gang? This is a great example of the evils of steroids,,,Never give steroids to the pointer of your Ouija board and then let it pick your screen name!
Hi Ouija Board, just kidding, welcome aboard!

Yay! You'll be there the same time as mini-me!

Our girl child and her boy toy are headed to POFQ on 9/11, flying down the night before and staying at my Mom's place in Kissimmee. I havent booked it yet but am planning to splurge on her and send her and the boy to Uni for the second half of that week.

You will know her if you happen to see her, it's all in the face <3

Colleen, I've missed you,,,but I have seen pics of your daughter and will keep an eye out for her.

Hello again my friend...looking forward to the many adventures of Nebo!:worship:

BTW...you can have Maggs back now. I think were done with him;)

Kyle,, no thanks on the Maggs,,,,,, but what we really need to do is get Miguel C. on a two month bender!....or,,,, if he's on one now, get him to dry out!

Hi! I lurked on your last TR and can't wait to join in this TR as non-lurker. :goodvibes

Piratekate,,,, what a great screen name,,, glad you're out of lrkdom.

Great, I was just ready to insert a "Bam, Zoom" quote after her trip to the moon quote but she had to get mushy on me.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance3:
Hi Nebo and Smidgy, I am along for the ride. :moped:
Good to see(sorry Nebo....) you two back up and running...:goodvibes
Looking forward to all the fun! :thumbsup2

KIM

Hellow Kim,,,,,,(excuse my w) but who said there would be any fun involved? I have just given up my favorite drug since I was 15 years old and now have nothing to replace it with........right?

or do I

" Yes, pharmacist, I believe I will have another."

Ponzi ol buddy, good stuff, I especially liked the " Diane, guess which eye I'm driving with now?"

Let's see, two weeks from today we will be hopefully coming down into Chattanooga as I'm typing this.

Thanks again everyone, I will be better about keeping up with the callouts when we get rollling here.

Finding this has made my day! Wait, my week!! Wait, my month! Well you get the picture! We went to WDW last Christmas (an entire 8 1/2 months ago!) and Disneyland in July, and it's ALL I CAN THINK about now--- I NEED to return to WDW!!! You'd think I'd have it out of my system for now, but I don't!

Sooooo I'll live vicariously through a Nebo report!!!
Thank you for taking us along!!!

Dawn

Finding this has made my day! Wait, my week!! Wait, my month! Well you get the picture! We went to WDW last Christmas (an entire 8 1/2 months ago!) and Disneyland in July, and it's ALL I CAN THINK about now--- I NEED to return to WDW!!! You'd think I'd have it out of my system for now, but I don't!

Sooooo I'll live vicariously through a Nebo report!!!
Thank you for taking us along!!!

Dawn

I love living vicariously through a Nebo trip report. Wouldn't want to live through an actual trip with them, it might be dangerous. :scared1:

I'm excited we'll be at the world for the last couple of days of your trip! If you see this girl

DisneyMay2011010.jpg

give us a shout out. I don't have a picture of myself, but I wouldn't post it it I did :rolleyes1 And yes, she'll probably have that goofy Minnie Mouse backpack. We'll be on the lookout as well!

Oh, a new Nebo/Smidgy trip report :banana: I am sooooo in, I'm out!!! :dance3:

PS: Thanks for the warning! lol

Subscribing now. I'll read later. Crazy busy week and weekend. Hugs to my friends, Smidgy and Nebo.:grouphug:

Be still my Captain Jack filled heart! A NEBO trip report with a POTC flair. I'm in matey.pirate:

*waiting on the edge of my seat with glorious anticipation of your awe inspiring often comedic yet sometimes poignant genius*

psssst (no pressure):upsidedow

yes, the news was about our quitting smoking!! jan. 25. some of you may remember, I found out about the actual day right here on the dis! on his trip report!. I was sitting here, having a beer or 2 or 5, happily puffing away, and read that we were quitting as of the next morning! huh!?!

but the money we saved .. after much thought, consideration, options. etc etc .. nah, poppycock. no debate at all. um, we deserve a disney trip for quitting.!!

Woo Hoo! :woohoo: Congrats to both of you. :yay: Keep it going my friends. Been over 4 1/2 years that me and Mrs. T have quit (at least on a daily basis :rolleyes1). We have an occasional cigar with an alcoholic drink of choice, but don't smoke cigarettes anymore like we used to. Hang it there.

Congratulations on quitting smoking - that is awesome!! Now you can just fight over the radio on the way down there for something to do. :rotfl: I think your way of thinking is right on about this trip - the $$$ you are saving should absolutely pay for a trip. Of course, I used the same line of thinking on Mark for our Dec cruise when I said I'd learn to give myself allergy shots instead stead of giving the doc $25 bucks each week, but the money I saved in a year would pay for a quick cruise. :rotfl2:

SO much admiration and congrats on the quitting of the smoking! I am sure you will be battling the triggers there even more than home but just think of all the time you will gain, too! Hey, I know - every time you are pulled in the direction of a DSA, eat a mickey bar! Or just have another drink! :banana:

And I am even more happy that you have quit together with no fatalities...cuz then there wouldnt be anymore Nebo and Smidgy, which means no more Disney plans and no subsequent TR's. And then I would be bored, and sad. And it is all about me, right? If you saw how excited I was you were starting up another, you would just agree. :laughing:

They're back - yeah! :cool1: Let the action begin... Can't wait for a new PTR/TR from my favorite trip writing duo!! I am trying to convince hubby that we need to get away from it all Disney style the week of Sept. 12th -- I have not gotten a definate no - but still no yes either - I will have to work harder on that now, knowing you guys will be there! I hope I don't sound like a stalker :scared1:!

NEBO AND SMIDGY ARE BACK! My life is now complete.

I am pretty sure I have read all of your trip reports and maybe even commented on a few.

This is the perfect thing to help kill time before my upcoming trip. I haven't been to the world in a whooping 4+ years. And my next will be the first time with anyone under the legal drinking age- my 2 year old son!

Bring on the fuzzy cups!

Whoo hooo, a new report needs some of these:banana::banana::banana: cause soon you will be doing this :cool1::cool1:

So happy to read you are still not smoking:yay::yay:

I am so sad:sad2::sad2: we will miss you by 4 days

Glad to be here :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter