• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Over the river and through the FUN!

Oh that lady sounds so sweet! What a nice way to spread the magic to other children! I hope the Cinderella dress is as treasured as Brooklyn's Belle dress is! :goodvibes I imagine "Bellaree" will enjoy it as well! What a nice story.

Thanks to your family for sharing another of your adventures with us! I love going to WDW with you guys (sorta) and I can't wait to do it again! :goodvibes

loved the updates!!Each report teaches me so many new things--this update showed me the cool Mickey funnel cakes--yum:goodvibes
I know the feelimgs about family and Disney--thanks so much for sharing with us and allowing me to continue to relive our past family trips!!
Enjoy the new trip with your friend;)

In her kindness or her old age dementia (you be the judge) MeMom did not mention that while she was getting her funnel cake, we were at main Street Bakery getting a last minute treat. Remember that elusive apple turnover from Hollywood Studios? Well I got one here to go. That way I would have it on the road or for a treat at home. We unloaded all of our packages before heading to work the next morning and then were gone for the day. All day I thought about my little apple turnover. It was going to be my dinner. Then I got home. My dog had smelled it in the bag it was in and all that was left was the broken plastic container it had been in. So I will continue to wait for my apple turnover. Surely in the 10 days we are there this summer I can manage to get at least one.

I need to go finish laundry and get ready for another busy day tomorrow. I will start the new report either tomorrow morning before I go to the doctor or tomorrow evening after Brooklynn has gone to bed. I will post the link when it is ready.

While she was entertaining us with her wondrous abilities, a nice lady came over to Jill and asked if she thought Brooklynn would like to have a Belle dress. She said her daughter got it and didn't want it any more. She said it was itchy. Jill knew Brooklynn would LOVE a Belle dress! She accepted it and thanked her very much. Then the lady set off to find another little girl to give a Cinderella dress to. We thought that was so sweet of her. Instead of fighting with her daughter to make her try to wear the dresses, she just shared the magic with two other little girls. Jill will tell you, Brooklynn has worn that Belle dress almost daily since she got it!

so sweet of that woman! :goodvibes i know that people are nice outside of disney world but it just seems like you see stuff like this more there than anywhere else.

011.jpg

i love the layered look!!! :rotfl:

It was time for the morning welcome.

017.jpg

there's a commercial rotating right now advertising disposable coffee cups that plays that "good mornin'" song. every time it's on i think of rope drop at MK and i have to sing it and ray just rolls his eyes at me.

A princess on a special pony.

052.jpg

she got cindy's horse! :yay:

Here is a picture from my shower last night. There are 4 of us pregnant and we wanted to take a picture before we start losing our bellies. We figure we will put it in their senior slide show in 18 years. We are in due date order - 4/11, 5/3, 5/12, and 8/29.

DSC00920.jpg

how cute! you ALL look so good!!!

Because it was blocked off for the show, I had to take a detour that led me past this wonderful place.

072.jpg

sure.....i smell an alterior motive! :laughing:

Brooklynn and I had our sad faces on. She was saying, "My Magic Kingdom!"
I was saying it, too, but I since I'm a little older than two, I said it inside.
Jill acknowledged that we were all thinking the same thing, so we didn't try to stop Brooklynn's woeful cries. She was speaking for all of us.

i know that feeling! i don't think there's any other place i would rather be in disney world in my last few hours of a trip other than MK. it's so bittersweet! i just tear up thinking about our last night at MK in december because i know it's gonna be so long before we return.

but not for you.......YOU LEAVE WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!! :dance3: can't wait to read all about it.

Great report Guys! Thanks for always sharing your adventures with us.

I understand the feeling MeMom. It is fantastic being there with pooksma and Declan. It isn't the same as other vacations we take. The feeling was great last trip as well but different. Being just the two of us, without Declan, was great in a different way.

Hi Memom! I've been lurking along and reading your report all along an enjoying reading about your experiences with your family. Jill...you look exactly like mom! Hope you have a wonderful trip to POP. BTW, is there a preference in room/locations for this hotel. Just curious. Brooklynn will be waiting for her big/small presents from you...so adorable! Have a great time!

No preference. The only time I have requested is when I requested a 50's building on my 50th birthday trip.

I will have a hard time narrowing it down to a little present and a big present. I might have to cheat and throw in a few medium-sized ones, too.

Thanks a bunch for taking some pics for Lexi of her beloved Pokemon, you are the kindest person to do that for her.

She has become quite the lurker here on the DIS. :laughing: She doesn't read very much but she does enjoy everyone's pics. :)

BrooklynnsMommy What a cool idea to have a diaper shower, you can never have too many of those.
The pic of all the "mommies to be" is too cute.
It must be a good feeling to be all ready and everything is all set up.
We just have to hope that Isabella can wait for MeMom's return.

Memom you were a busy bee this weekend. Sounds like you got alot done. :thumbsup2

On your last day it was truely magical....when Brooklynn was given the Belle dress. (I think there's a connection between the Belle gown & Bellarie :lovestruc )
What a thoughtful and selfless thing for that stranger to do. She made two little girls and thier mom's very happy that day. :goodvibes
Those dresses can be itchy, I had to buy a tee for Lexi to put under hers at Epcot. She wanted that dress off, and I wanted it to stay on a little bit longer. :rolleyes1

ONLY 2 MORE SLEEPS !!! :mickeyjum :donald: :goofy:

We'll be in Epcot on Friday. I will relay the message to Jill when I spot the Pokemon stuff.

One more sleep now, and a very busy day before it comes!

That is so sweet of that lady to give the dress to Brooklynn! She's so cute holding her little Ariel.

I'm on spring break this week as well, and will be thinking of you in the World!

You're on spring break? You should have planned a second Disney trip!

You must have been posting as I was. ;)

I was just thinking to myself today that nobody "gets" my feelings for Disney. I get teased all the time for going back year after year. I try to explain it to people but they just stare blankly at me. I know they don't understand.

Here on the DIS I feel so happy because we all "get" it.

We all have the same feelings.
We all get excitted about trips even if they aren't our own.
We all share tears when the trips come to an end.
We never get tired of seeing the same rides, signs, resorts, characters, flowers....you fill in the rest. :rotfl:

I have found some really special people here and I take so much comfort in that. I never have to explain myself.

So MeMom I know exactly how you feel. :hug:

Have a wonderful trip and I will see you in the new TR. I can't wait to meet Kay or is she camera shy too? :goodvibes

So true. I enjoy seeing twenty different angles of the same sign, ride, or building. I love the food pictures and resort pictures. I love seeing the places I have walked and the places I have not yet discovered. I just love it all!

Oh that lady sounds so sweet! What a nice way to spread the magic to other children! I hope the Cinderella dress is as treasured as Brooklyn's Belle dress is! :goodvibes I imagine "Bellaree" will enjoy it as well! What a nice story.

Thanks to your family for sharing another of your adventures with us! I love going to WDW with you guys (sorta) and I can't wait to do it again! :goodvibes

We love you coming along, too. Better get to bed on time tonight, because we're leaving here at 3:30 in the morning!

loved the updates!!Each report teaches me so many new things--this update showed me the cool Mickey funnel cakes--yum:goodvibes
I know the feelimgs about family and Disney--thanks so much for sharing with us and allowing me to continue to relive our past family trips!!
Enjoy the new trip with your friend;)

I'm glad you are learning new things.
Hey, since it's so educational, maybe I can get the school to help pay for some of it! :idea:

In her kindness or her old age dementia (you be the judge) MeMom did not mention that while she was getting her funnel cake, we were at main Street Bakery getting a last minute treat. Remember that elusive apple turnover from Hollywood Studios? Well I got one here to go. That way I would have it on the road or for a treat at home. We unloaded all of our packages before heading to work the next morning and then were gone for the day. All day I thought about my little apple turnover. It was going to be my dinner. Then I got home. My dog had smelled it in the bag it was in and all that was left was the broken plastic container it had been in. So I will continue to wait for my apple turnover. Surely in the 10 days we are there this summer I can manage to get at least one.

I need to go finish laundry and get ready for another busy day tomorrow. I will start the new report either tomorrow morning before I go to the doctor or tomorrow evening after Brooklynn has gone to bed. I will post the link when it is ready.

Don't try to blame that on poor little Ben! I'm almost positive I saw traces of apple filling on John's shirt sleeve when he heard you coming in. The ransacked package... it was a set-up!

so sweet of that woman! :goodvibes i know that people are nice outside of disney world but it just seems like you see stuff like this more there than anywhere else.

i love the layered look!!! :rotfl:

there's a commercial rotating right now advertising disposable coffee cups that plays that "good mornin'" song. every time it's on i think of rope drop at MK and i have to sing it and ray just rolls his eyes at me.

she got cindy's horse! :yay:

how cute! you ALL look so good!!!

sure.....i smell an alterior motive! :laughing:

i know that feeling! i don't think there's any other place i would rather be in disney world in my last few hours of a trip other than MK. it's so bittersweet! i just tear up thinking about our last night at MK in december because i know it's gonna be so long before we return.

but not for you.......YOU LEAVE WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!! :dance3: can't wait to read all about it.

We have seen many kindnesses in Disney World. I know there are rude people, too, but we don't seem to run across them, or if we do, I guess we're too busy having fun to notice.

We called Brooklynn Rainbow Brite Belle. :)

Ray rolls his eyes at you?
Hmmmm...that seems to be a common factor among the menfolk in Dis crazy families.
It's really their way of saying they think it's cute, but won't admit it.

She did snag Cindy's horse! She doesn't know it yet, but by the summer, she'll be able to help watch for it and maybe think it's kind of special if she gets to ride it.

Are you trying to say I made a castle show happen, so that I'd have to walk past Sleepy Hollow, so I'd be forced to purchase a funnel cake?
I mean, come on....

how did you find out??? :eek:

Great ending to a great report. Brooklynn was a wonderful Belle.

Have a great time at Disney World, and I look forward to your next report.

I think we will have a great time.
I guess the next report will actually get started sometime today.

Great report Guys! Thanks for always sharing your adventures with us.

I understand the feeling MeMom. It is fantastic being there with pooksma and Declan. It isn't the same as other vacations we take. The feeling was great last trip as well but different. Being just the two of us, without Declan, was great in a different way.

I know you are looking so forward to being there again in August. You are going to have great family time and create awesome memories to treasure!

I am sorry that our trips never overlap. Maybe someday it will work out for us to meet. We'd love to share a meal and a few rides with you guys some day!

:shamrock: :shamrock: Happy St. Patrick's Day:shamrock: :shamrock:

Last year...

DSC06984.jpg

This year...

DSC00927.jpg

I just had to see her again.

I love that little girl!

JIll: I can't believe the difference btwn a year for Brooklyn. She's looking to be such a big girl now! Edited to add...that our dog loves to lay on the back of our couch too!!

Memom I'm glad your feeling better and hope you have a wonderful non-coughing time in Disney. Yea! for tomorrow.

Going at Christmas looks like such fun. I think we are going to try for December 2011.

I was wondering about the paint color because we are in decorating mode. We are buying a house and dreaming of all the different colors we want to use. We've been in an apartment and unable to paint.

Brooklynnsmommy - They grow up so fast. She is such a cutie. I loved the pictures of her on Cinderellas horse. It was so nice of the lady to pass on the dress. You can tell it made Brooklynn's day.

Can't wait for more pics and another great report!

Tammy

:shamrock: :shamrock: Happy St. Patrick's Day:shamrock: :shamrock:

Last year...

DSC06984.jpg

This year...

DSC00927.jpg

Brooklynn is growing up before our eyes... pretty soon (really really soon) you are going to have another sweet princess. Happy St. Patty's Day to you too!!! -- I did not realize you took a picture on PP.. That is one of my favorite rides...

Memom -- Have a wonderful safe trip to the world.. Thanks for all the wonderful pictures and bringing back memories of a great trip

Hi MeMom,

So sad your trip report has ended! I can't wait to hear all about your trip next week.

Sadly, I think its only me in our family who "gets" Disney like I know all of you do! The husband of my good friend does but its not like I can go on holiday with him all of the time is it!!! :rotfl:

The feelings being in Disney are just wonderful and I can't wait until the day we take our little baby and see the joy on his / her face that Brooklynn has! Baby will be about 2yrs old by then :scared1:

Can I make a picture request? Lots of cuddly toy pictures as I can't wait to buy our baby loads and loads of cute Disney toys!

Finally, if its not too expensive, will you ship me a Goofy's treat over to England??? :rotfl:

Take care & have a fantastic trip!

Julie xxxxxxxx

ok...somehow I missed an installment. It is too true about something Disney...if you see it buy it! I too learned my lesson the hard way. Maybe a month or so after Christmas I was at Wal-mart. They had a rocking horse type toy but only it was a rocking mickey for $20!! I thought that would be neat to get for Caleb next Christmas and filed it away. Well I went back a couple of weeks ago to check to see if it was still there. NOPE!! Apparently it was an clearance item. I kicked myself for not getting it bc I thought what am I going to do with it once i get it until XMas. Should have got it! I have been looking online and ebay...etc....can't find it at all. Course its hard to describe and nothing is coming up. It was way too cute!

Well Memom...I hope you have a safe and fun trip! I will be thinking about the fun you will be having while you are gone. :donald: :goofy: :sulley: :mickeyjum :dumbo: :mickeybar (these are fun things you will be doing or seeing while you are there...Threw in MichaelSully for Brooklyn ;) ...off topic...how come there is not a jumping Minnie :confused3 :confused3 )

I know you are looking so forward to being there again in August. You are going to have great family time and create awesome memories to treasure!

I am sorry that our trips never overlap. Maybe someday it will work out for us to meet. We'd love to share a meal and a few rides with you guys some day!

You never know.

Wow....I go away for a little over a week and I come back to 12+ pages to catch up on... and now you are leaving for another trip!

Have a great time MeMom....We got to see some of the flower and garden stuff on our last day...it's really pretty :goodvibes

JIll: I can't believe the difference btwn a year for Brooklyn. She's looking to be such a big girl now! Edited to add...that our dog loves to lay on the back of our couch too!!

She's a big girl and a sweet girl.
Ben looks like a different dog when he gets a new haircut.

Memom I'm glad your feeling better and hope you have a wonderful non-coughing time in Disney. Yea! for tomorrow.

Going at Christmas looks like such fun. I think we are going to try for December 2011.

I was wondering about the paint color because we are in decorating mode. We are buying a house and dreaming of all the different colors we want to use. We've been in an apartment and unable to paint.

Brooklynnsmommy - They grow up so fast. She is such a cutie. I loved the pictures of her on Cinderellas horse. It was so nice of the lady to pass on the dress. You can tell it made Brooklynn's day.

Can't wait for more pics and another great report!

Tammy

A December trip would be great!

I love to look through magazines and see all the many different decorating ideas. That's one reason I like to visit the resorts - to see the furniture, pictures, etc. of each theme.

Congratulations on getting a new house! You'll have to show us pictures when you are finished decorating.

I hope everyone will join us and spend all the way to the July trip with us.

Brooklynn is growing up before our eyes... pretty soon (really really soon) you are going to have another sweet princess. Happy St. Patty's Day to you too!!! -- I did not realize you took a picture on PP.. That is one of my favorite rides...

Memom -- Have a wonderful safe trip to the world.. Thanks for all the wonderful pictures and bringing back memories of a great trip

I didn't know she was taking pictures either. She was being very sneaky, wasn't she?

I know there will be beautiful flowers there, and I hope to get some decent pictures of them. Pictures don't really do them justice, though.

Hi MeMom,

So sad your trip report has ended! I can't wait to hear all about your trip next week.

Sadly, I think its only me in our family who "gets" Disney like I know all of you do! The husband of my good friend does but its not like I can go on holiday with him all of the time is it!!! :rotfl:

The feelings being in Disney are just wonderful and I can't wait until the day we take our little baby and see the joy on his / her face that Brooklynn has! Baby will be about 2yrs old by then :scared1:

Can I make a picture request? Lots of cuddly toy pictures as I can't wait to buy our baby loads and loads of cute Disney toys!

Finally, if its not too expensive, will you ship me a Goofy's treat over to England??? :rotfl:

Take care & have a fantastic trip!

Julie xxxxxxxx

I will take cuddly toy pictures just for you! You can shop across the seas!

I'll get pictures of Goofy's for you, and then you can dream of your next visit there. Won't it be fun watching your little one decide what colorful goodies they want covering their Mickey krispy treats?

ok...somehow I missed an installment. It is too true about something Disney...if you see it buy it! I too learned my lesson the hard way. Maybe a month or so after Christmas I was at Wal-mart. They had a rocking horse type toy but only it was a rocking mickey for $20!! I thought that would be neat to get for Caleb next Christmas and filed it away. Well I went back a couple of weeks ago to check to see if it was still there. NOPE!! Apparently it was an clearance item. I kicked myself for not getting it bc I thought what am I going to do with it once i get it until XMas. Should have got it! I have been looking online and ebay...etc....can't find it at all. Course its hard to describe and nothing is coming up. It was way too cute!

Well Memom...I hope you have a safe and fun trip! I will be thinking about the fun you will be having while you are gone. :donald: :goofy: :sulley: :mickeyjum :dumbo: :mickeybar (these are fun things you will be doing or seeing while you are there...Threw in MichaelSully for Brooklyn ;) ...off topic...how come there is not a jumping Minnie :confused3 :confused3 )

I agree about buying when you see it, but it can also be a little hard on the wallet doing it that way! Oh well, it's only money.

Thanks for having all the friends join in to see us off!

You never know.

We'll have to hope out teacher schedules allow for that some day. If not, then maybe when I retire! :laughing:

Wow....I go away for a little over a week and I come back to 12+ pages to catch up on... and now you are leaving for another trip!

Have a great time MeMom....We got to see some of the flower and garden stuff on our last day...it's really pretty :goodvibes

I hope you had a wonderful time! I am looking very forward to seeing the F&G stuff. It was just opening the day we left last year, so we only saw a fraction of what was there.

MeMom,
What time are you leaving tomorrow? I will say extra prayers for a safe journey and some time spent with a good friend at the BEST PLACE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Jill or MeMom,
What hotel do you stay at in Perry, Georgia when you drive down? We are thinking about leaving 1 day early and stopping half way. Do you leave most of your luggage in the car overnight or do you unload it all? DH is freaking out about the luggage and I am trying to convince him that it is ok.
Thanks

Jill or MeMom,
What hotel do you stay at in Perry, Georgia when you drive down? We are thinking about leaving 1 day early and stopping half way. Do you leave most of your luggage in the car overnight or do you unload it all? DH is freaking out about the luggage and I am trying to convince him that it is ok.
Thanks

We usually stay at the Holiday Inn. They have a free breakfast buffet available if you wait that long to leave. I think it starts at 6:00. We always just pack a small bag with just the essentials for the night and leave the rest in the car. We have never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter