Outdated

This will be our first stay at a Loews hotel, If I book 6 nights will that automatically bump me up to gold level? Or will I be gold level after I stay my 6 nights? Sorry if it's a dumb question:confused3

to move to Gold you will need 5 to 9 stays, not nights within 12 months , to remain at that level you will need 5 to 9 stays in the next 12 months , otherwise you drop down to the next level.
Quite difficult to move up and stay up at a high level

Darn it! I got excited and now I think I've signed up too soon! Our trip isn't until July 16, 2011, staying 6 nights. Looks like my 12-month cycle will end June 28, 2011. Guess I won't qualify for anything since my trip will arrive during my second 12-month cycle. Originally I was thinking our upcoming Sea World San Antonio trip could be our first stay, and our RPR stay would be our second stay...but not so. And guess what? I don't even see any Loew's hotels in the state of Texas. I guess I'm just outta luck on this one. :sad2:

Not sure if this is new information but, according to the Loews site, any stay longer than 5 consecutive nights will now count as 2 stays :thumbsup2

thanks Barb, do not know how i missed that, might need new glasses:laughing:, still means a few trips within 12 months for people from the UK, to move up.

They should have renamed their new system 'WeFirst/YouLast'! I've already been dropped from Gold to Blue, and with only one 4-night stay booked for this year (2 rooms), I'm sure I'll be dropped from Blue. If our room service at Hard Rock hadn't been such a disappointment a couple years ago, I'd make all future on-site stays with them, as they aren't now included with YouFirst and I believe have their promotional system.

They should have renamed their new system 'WeFirst/YouLast'! I've already been dropped from Gold to Blue, and with only one 4-night stay booked for this year (2 rooms), I'm sure I'll be dropped from Blue. If our room service at Hard Rock hadn't been such a disappointment a couple years ago, I'd make all future on-site stays with them, as they aren't now included with YouFirst and I believe have their promotional system.

It should be BusinessFirst/FamiliesLast.

I think as long as you have one stay per year, you stay blue (providing you had already achieved blue since it takes 2 stays to get there). That, at least, gets you free internet. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think this was discussed at the time of the change.

It should be BusinessFirst/FamiliesLast.

I think as long as you have one stay per year, you stay blue (providing you had already achieved blue since it takes 2 stays to get there). That, at least, gets you free internet. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think this was discussed at the time of the change.

i agree....going the business route :guilty: ...doesn't give me any loyalty to Loews...goin w/ what's least expensive onsite...after all...it's all about the key ;)

Pat....you should give HRH a go again. You may have a completely different experience next time. If you have an issue, talk to mgr.

but...d's right...you can't drop lower than Blue. Free internets is at least something....

i agree....going the business route :guilty: ...doesn't give me any loyalty to Loews...goin w/ what's least expensive onsite...after all...it's all about the key ;)

Totally agree. I was able to make Platinum again for this year but I just can't do 10 visits to Loews this year. I travel for work but Loews has limited resorts where I travel. Because of business trips to Santa Monica and NYC, 4 trips to USO, and one night in our home area of Phila last year, I was able to maintain Platinum. Platinum status will be dearly missed by us as the $100 room credit is an amazing benefit (as well as the suit upgrade), especially for one night stays. Maybe they will revisit the program again in the near future.

Ok kiddos! There are always lots of questions on the whats and hows of Loews First upgrades, and so I thought I'd write a primer here. Feel free to add to it. There could even be one on the Loews Card thread, but I don't feel like reading 20 pages to find it.

First and foremost, you must book at a qualifying rate to score your entitled upgrades.

- What is a qualifying rate? AAA, rack, any advertised rate that you find when researching your room on the netbooker site, for example: the Super Saver rate counts, the bed & breakfast rate counts. https://universalhotels.ibe.netbook...HRH+UEPBH+UERPR&lookAndFeelId=969&locale=en

-What's NOT a qualifying rate? APH (annual passholder rates), FLO (Florida Resident rates), any rate booked through a 3rd party site, like Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Southwest Vacations, Hotelkingdom.com, etc.​

- But, I've booked at APH rates and I got my stays to count towards my status!​

That may be true. But ... did you get your LF welcome gift? Did you get your upgrade? Probably not. The stay may have "counted" towards your status, but try securing your gold/suite upgrade at the time of booking with a rate that does not qualify. Not going to happen! That's not to say that a manager might notice you're gold or platinum and give you a treat at the time of check in, but don't count on that!
Or, but my rate with Southwest Vacations is practically the same as rack rate! That may be true, and you are free to plead your case, but according to the rules, you have book through a 3rd party and are not ENTITLED to LF upgrades.​

Loews Status by Color/Hotel:

BLUE(0-5 nights or 0-2 stays):​

You do not need to call to get your LF benefits. You may add your LF number to your reservation and book online.​
Your upgrade is not guaranteed. It can be asked for at the time of check-in and will be granted at check-in if available. And, yes, you do have to ask for it at check-in. Some front desk clerks are thoughtful enough to be proactive in this regard and automatically offer it to you. Most aren't. So ask.​

So, if available, what kind of upgrade do I score at check-in as Blue?

RPR: Standard room to a Water view room.

HRH: Garden view to a Pool view room.​

PBH: Garden view to a Bay View room.​

Blue, Shmooo. I'm GOLD (3 stays or 6 nights). What does that get me?

First off, as GOLD, you need to call for your reservation, if you want the automatic upgrade applied at the time of your reservation, as long as the room category is available.
Where do you call? (888)273-1311.

What do I say? Tell them, for example "I have AAA, and I'm also Loews Gold, so I want to see if an upgrade is available." Do you need to have your LF card? No, but you do need to know your number.

What upgrade does Gold get you at each of the hotels?

RPR: Standard room to a Water view room guaranteed at the time of reservation, if available.

HRH: Garden view room to a Deluxe room guaranteed at the time of reservation, if available.​

PBH: Garden view room to a Deluxe room guaranteed at the time of reservation, if available.​

So, when you receive your confirmation, it will show your new room type with the standard room rate applied.What if a Gold upgrade is not available when I call?

3 options here:

1. Change your dates.
2. Change hotel selections.
3. Keep checking back to see if the upgraded category opens up.

As Gold, you also qualify for a suite upgrade for $35/extra per night, if available at the time of check-in.
What are the suite upgrades available? See the Platinum benefits below.

Step aside, please, I'm PLATINUM! (10 stays or 15 nights)

Like with Loews Gold, you need to call for your reservation, if you want the automatic suite upgrade applied at the time of your reservation, as long as the suite is available.Where do you call? (888) 273-1311.

What do I say? Tell them, for example "I have AAA, and I'm also Loews Platinum, so I want to see if a suite upgrade is available."

What do I get as Platinum at each hotel?

You get the following suites, guaranteed at the time of reservation, if available:

RPR: a Standard room to a King Suite, accommodates 3 people.​

Our 670 square foot King Suite will make you feel like island royalty. You’ll find a living room and separate bedroom featuring a king-size bed. The spacious living area offers ample room for your relaxation and entertainment, along with a pull-out sofa and a desk area. Both rooms feature an entertainment center with television and sitting areas.

HRH: a Garden View room to a King Suite, accommodates 3 people.​

At an impressive 650 square feet of living space, these suites are fit for 'The King.' This guest room is a generous sized junior suite with a king bed and extra living space where you can entertain or just spread out and chill.

PBH: A Garden View room to a Portofino Suite, accommodates up to 5 people.​

Our Portofino Suites are cozy and comfortable with plenty of space to relax after a day at the theme parks. These suites have a 283 square foot parlor which adjoins to a 463 square foot Garden View bedroom.​

So you mean to tell me that our family of 4 does not qualify for a suite upgrade at RPR or HRH? In short, yes. If you want a suite upgrade, you'll have to stay at the PBH.

What if a suite upgrade is not available when I call?

3 options here:

1. Change your dates.
2. Change hotel selections.
3. Keep checking back to see if the suite category opens up.

Miscellaneous FAQs

Where does Club Level Fit into Loews First Upgrades?

Short answer: It doesn't. What, even if I book a water view? If I book a water view at RPR, the next available category is Club. So what gives? I don't know what gives either. Write LF and complain. I did.

So, you're saying, that even if I'm Platinum, and I don't want a suite, they won't give me a Club Level room instead? Yep, that's what I'm saying. I know. I think it stinks too..​

Platinum Families with > 3 people/HRH:

OK, we're a family of 5, we're platinum, and we really want to stay at the HRH. Will they upgrade us to a Deluxe room instead of a suite? You'd think it'd be that easy, but it's not. LF doesn't quite have that option built into its system. Best to call the hotel directly and explain the situation.​

Platinum Families trying to get an upgrade to a Kids Suite instead of a King Suite:

OK, we're a family of 4, we're platinum, and we really want to stay in a Kids Suite instead of a King Suite. Will they upgrade us to a Kids Suite instead of a King Suite? Not as a standard course of action. If you have received a Kids Suite upgrade instead of a King Suite upgrade, they have done you a courtesy. You are not entitled to a Kids Suite as part of the LF upgrade program..

Trying for upgrades at check-in

I'm Gold and I want to try for the suite upgrade. Or, I'm Blue and I want to ask for the view upgrade at check-in. What are our chances of getting the upgrade at check-in? First of all, are you going during a busy time of the year? Check right before you go on the netbooker site, plug in your dates, and see what's available. No pool view rooms or suites showing available online? Then, it's unlikely your upgrade will be available at check-in. Does it help to check-in early? Yes. Should I have the reservationist make a note that I am interested in the view/suite upgrade at check-in? Sure, it wouldn't hurt ... just make sure you're paying that qualified rate!

Booking a premium room and being upgraded from there.
Say, for example, I book and pay for a Deluxe room at HRH or PBH. Will they upgrade me to club level or a suite since I'm not paying for a standard/garden view room? In short, no. ONLY THE UPGRADES I'VE LISTED HERE ARE PART OF THE LF PROGRAM. You cannot book a "premium" room and get upgraded to the next available premium room. You can book the premium room and try for an upgrade at check-in, but any upgrade you receive from there would be as a courtesy, not anything you are entitled to as part of the LF program.

Where can I find black out dates where upgrades would not apply?

http://www.loews-first.com/loewsfirst_blackouts.asp

Very glad to have found this info...I have had nothing but confusion with the Leows program for years...most recently had 2 accounts "combined as a courtesy and brought back to blue" I was a gold so who knows
I have had good experiences with the benefit but this year I have had nothing but problems trying to use the club with my reservation.
As it is when I arrive in 2 weeks I am left with giving my card at check in and asking for the credit of the trip and hoping for a room upgrade. Usually its dead until the HHN weekend so checking in on Monday might get me a good room but Im not too concerned they are all the same at RP pretty much its just the walking distance to the boat that I worry about.

Very glad to have found this info...I have had nothing but confusion with the Leows program for years...most recently had 2 accounts "combined as a courtesy and brought back to blue" I was a gold so who knows
I have had good experiences with the benefit but this year I have had nothing but problems trying to use the club with my reservation.
As it is when I arrive in 2 weeks I am left with giving my card at check in and asking for the credit of the trip and hoping for a room upgrade. Usually its dead until the HHN weekend so checking in on Monday might get me a good room but Im not too concerned they are all the same at RP pretty much its just the walking distance to the boat that I worry about.

Note that all Fridays & Saturdays are blacked out this year for youfirst upgrades.

Even if you arrive prior to the black out days you aren't eligible for upgrades unless you are willing to book a split stay and chance having to move to whatever you actually book during the blackout dates.

Additionally, as Jodie laid out above :thumbsup2all upgrades are subject to availability. Even if platinum there is no guarantee of a complimentary upgrade to a suite, let alone an upgraded room from whatever category you have booked (although you will still receive whatever other percs you are eligible to receive, including resort credit if you reference your account # when making the reservation).

So can I verify that The hard rock Orlando participates in lowes loyalty, and not the hard rock Rewards for hotel stays?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

You can get credit for the stay but none of the other benefits such as free upgrade, internet, use of the gym

in which of the two programs? I have a Lowes account but would purchase the VIP Hard rock for $24 if that is the one I need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter