Outdated

i didn't renew my hard rock card as the benefits did not include the orlando hrh.
the new program began this year.

for the Loews You First program, you need to accumulate your required stays yearly to build to the next level.

member, blue, gold, platinum.

third party bookings do not count towards your stays for the YouFirst Loews program.

Current wording:

Qualifying Rates include: Consortia, Volume Corporate, AAA, AARP, Government, Package, Group Association, Group Corporate, Group Government, Advance Purchase, Florida Residents and Universal Pass holders.

Non-qualifying Rates include: Internet Third Party, as well as rates through any other discount program, coupon, complimentary or promotional offer. The Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando and Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort do not qualify for YouFirst benefits.

Where does the Stay More Save More rate fall into this?

Maybe it is a promotional offer? Not sure, but it does not qualify (at least the last time I used it it didn't).

Ugh. For our dates the AP rate was higher than SMSM (and we're not getting a bargain either way) and now PBH is sold out entirely every time I check. Frustrated. Maybe I should call and see if there's a AAA rate available for our room, LOL. I just had to go and get fancy on this trip!

Thanks for the answer, though! And my account info is no help, because I don't think it has ever once said "yes" about a rate qualifying (either ahead of time or after the fact), yet somehow I have hung onto Blue magically. Weird.

Just wanted to post an update about our stay at RPR over the weekend: we booked a Saturday night stay with a FL resident rate. (I think I logged on to my Lowes First account to book). When we checked in, we did not ask about the upgrade, but the girl checking us in said she saw that we were members and we would be receiving a complimentary upgrade to water view and asked if I had a location preference. :cool1: We planned to spend Sunday at the pool, so we did ask about the late check out and she said it was fine to stay until 2pm.

The resort did not seem busy at all, so I'm sure that factors into how the "enforce" the upgrade rules, but just wanted to let everyone know that it does happen...on a Saturday night, with a FL resident rate! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to post an update about our stay at RPR over the weekend: we booked a Saturday night stay with a FL resident rate. (I think I logged on to my Lowes First account to book). When we checked in, we did not ask about the upgrade, but the girl checking us in said she saw that we were members and we would be receiving a complimentary upgrade to water view and asked if I had a location preference. :cool1: We planned to spend Sunday at the pool, so we did ask about the late check out and she said it was fine to stay until 2pm. The resort did not seem busy at all, so I'm sure that factors into how the "enforce" the upgrade rules, but just wanted to let everyone know that it does happen...on a Saturday night, with a FL resident rate! :thumbsup2

Very common when slow. They will put anyone in water view when it's slow. It's also to keep the cleaning staff close with less staff.

How long do your points last? We stayed 5 nights in October 2012 and when I look at my points now it says Credits Earned Since 02/12/2013: 0.

Do they only last a year?

How long do your points last? We stayed 5 nights in October 2012 and when I look at my points now it says Credits Earned Since 02/12/2013: 0.

Do they only last a year?

you earn 2 credits for stays of 5 nights or more per reservation.
used to be the year ran from july 1 to june 30.

think it might be calendar year now, but could be wrong as i haven't checked the you first site lately.

you earn 2 credits for stays of 5 nights or more per reservation.
used to be the year ran from july 1 to june 30.

think it might be calendar year now, but could be wrong as i haven't checked the you first site lately.

Either way, are they only good for a year?

I'm feeling really dense at the moment, bear with me. If I only stay at a Loews hotel once a year, those visits don't accumulate to increase my YouFirst level over several years, correct? The only way to achieve the highest level is to stay 10+ times in one year, and the only way to maintain that level is to continue staying with them 10+ times in a calendar year?

Ok kiddos! There are always lots of questions on the whats and hows of Loews First upgrades, and so I thought I'd write a primer here. Feel free to add to it. There could even be one on the Loews Card thread, but I don't feel like reading 20 pages to find it. First and foremost, you must book at a qualifying rate to score your entitled upgrades. - What is a qualifying rate? AAA, rack, any advertised rate that you find when researching your room on the netbooker site, for example: the Super Saver rate counts, the bed & breakfast rate counts. https://universalhotels.ibe.netbooker.com/web/FrontController.nb4?module=PropertySearch&operation=AreaPropertyAvailabilitySearch&execute=yes&instanceId=96&areacode=UER&areaname=Universal%20Orlando&ChainPropertyCodes=UEHRH+UEPBH+UERPR&lookAndFeelId=969&locale=en -What's NOT a qualifying rate? APH (annual passholder rates), FLO (Florida Resident rates), any rate booked through a 3rd party site, like Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Southwest Vacations, Hotelkingdom.com, etc. - But, I've booked at APH rates and I got my stays to count towards my status! That may be true. But ... did you get your LF welcome gift? Did you get your upgrade? Probably not. The stay may have "counted" towards your status, but try securing your gold/suite upgrade at the time of booking with a rate that does not qualify. Not going to happen! That's not to say that a manager might notice you're gold or platinum and give you a treat at the time of check in, but don't count on that! Or, but my rate with Southwest Vacations is practically the same as rack rate! That may be true, and you are free to plead your case, but according to the rules, you have book through a 3rd party and are not ENTITLED to LF upgrades. Loews Status by Color/Hotel: BLUE(0-5 nights or 0-2 stays): You do not need to call to get your LF benefits. You may add your LF number to your reservation and book online. Your upgrade is not guaranteed. It can be asked for at the time of check-in and will be granted at check-in if available. And, yes, you do have to ask for it at check-in. Some front desk clerks are thoughtful enough to be proactive in this regard and automatically offer it to you. Most aren't. So ask. So, if available, what kind of upgrade do I score at check-in as Blue? RPR: Standard room to a Water view room. HRH: Garden view to a Pool view room. PBH: Garden view to a Bay View room. Blue, Shmooo. I'm GOLD (3 stays or 6 nights). What does that get me? First off, as GOLD, you need to call for your reservation, if you want the automatic upgrade applied at the time of your reservation, as long as the room category is available. Where do you call? (888)273-1311. What do I say? Tell them, for example "I have AAA, and I'm also Loews Gold, so I want to see if an upgrade is available." Do you need to have your LF card? No, but you do need to know your number. What upgrade does Gold get you at each of the hotels? RPR: Standard room to a Water view room guaranteed at the time of reservation, if available. HRH: Garden view room to a Deluxe room guaranteed at the time of reservation, if available. PBH: Garden view room to a Deluxe room guaranteed at the time of reservation, if available. So, when you receive your confirmation, it will show your new room type with the standard room rate applied.What if a Gold upgrade is not available when I call? 3 options here: 1. Change your dates. 2. Change hotel selections. 3. Keep checking back to see if the upgraded category opens up. As Gold, you also qualify for a suite upgrade for $35/extra per night, if available at the time of check-in. What are the suite upgrades available? See the Platinum benefits below. Step aside, please, I'm PLATINUM! (10 stays or 15 nights) Like with Loews Gold, you need to call for your reservation, if you want the automatic suite upgrade applied at the time of your reservation, as long as the suite is available.Where do you call? (888) 273-1311. What do I say? Tell them, for example "I have AAA, and I'm also Loews Platinum, so I want to see if a suite upgrade is available." What do I get as Platinum at each hotel? You get the following suites, guaranteed at the time of reservation, if available: RPR: a Standard room to a King Suite, accommodates 3 people. Our 670 square foot King Suite will make you feel like island royalty. You’ll find a living room and separate bedroom featuring a king-size bed. The spacious living area offers ample room for your relaxation and entertainment, along with a pull-out sofa and a desk area. Both rooms feature an entertainment center with television and sitting areas. HRH: a Garden View room to a King Suite, accommodates 3 people. At an impressive 650 square feet of living space, these suites are fit for 'The King.' This guest room is a generous sized junior suite with a king bed and extra living space where you can entertain or just spread out and chill. PBH: A Garden View room to a Portofino Suite, accommodates up to 5 people. Our Portofino Suites are cozy and comfortable with plenty of space to relax after a day at the theme parks. These suites have a 283 square foot parlor which adjoins to a 463 square foot Garden View bedroom. So you mean to tell me that our family of 4 does not qualify for a suite upgrade at RPR or HRH? In short, yes. If you want a suite upgrade, you'll have to stay at the PBH. What if a suite upgrade is not available when I call? 3 options here: 1. Change your dates. 2. Change hotel selections. 3. Keep checking back to see if the suite category opens up. Miscellaneous FAQs Where does Club Level Fit into Loews First Upgrades? Short answer: It doesn't. What, even if I book a water view? If I book a water view at RPR, the next available category is Club. So what gives? I don't know what gives either. Write LF and complain. I did. So, you're saying, that even if I'm Platinum, and I don't want a suite, they won't give me a Club Level room instead? Yep, that's what I'm saying. I know. I think it stinks too.. Platinum Families with > 3 people/HRH: OK, we're a family of 5, we're platinum, and we really want to stay at the HRH. Will they upgrade us to a Deluxe room instead of a suite? You'd think it'd be that easy, but it's not. LF doesn't quite have that option built into its system. Best to call the hotel directly and explain the situation. Platinum Families trying to get an upgrade to a Kids Suite instead of a King Suite: OK, we're a family of 4, we're platinum, and we really want to stay in a Kids Suite instead of a King Suite. Will they upgrade us to a Kids Suite instead of a King Suite? Not as a standard course of action. If you have received a Kids Suite upgrade instead of a King Suite upgrade, they have done you a courtesy. You are not entitled to a Kids Suite as part of the LF upgrade program.. Trying for upgrades at check-in I'm Gold and I want to try for the suite upgrade. Or, I'm Blue and I want to ask for the view upgrade at check-in. What are our chances of getting the upgrade at check-in? First of all, are you going during a busy time of the year? Check right before you go on the netbooker site, plug in your dates, and see what's available. No pool view rooms or suites showing available online? Then, it's unlikely your upgrade will be available at check-in. Does it help to check-in early? Yes. Should I have the reservationist make a note that I am interested in the view/suite upgrade at check-in? Sure, it wouldn't hurt ... just make sure you're paying that qualified rate! Booking a premium room and being upgraded from there. Say, for example, I book and pay for a Deluxe room at HRH or PBH. Will they upgrade me to club level or a suite since I'm not paying for a standard/garden view room? In short, no. ONLY THE UPGRADES I'VE LISTED HERE ARE PART OF THE LF PROGRAM. You cannot book a "premium" room and get upgraded to the next available premium room. You can book the premium room and try for an upgrade at check-in, but any upgrade you receive from there would be as a courtesy, not anything you are entitled to as part of the LF program. Where can I find black out dates where upgrades would not apply? http://www.loews-first.com/loewsfirst_blackouts.asp
Is this still accurate? I'm going to call tomorrow to see what my status and benefits are. 10 stays or 15 nights for platinum? I hit that long ago this year as far as days go.

Is this still accurate? I'm going to call tomorrow to see what my status and benefits are. 10 stays or 15 nights for platinum? I hit that long ago this year as far as days go.

It goes by stays not days, it changed back in 2008-2009.

FA88DF97-A0F6-4D2C-980B-4F1B01D35554.png

Thanks! I've already booked for December. I'm gold status, do I need to call for the upgrade if it's available?

Yes you do. You will pay for a garden view if available and get a water view upgrade for free.

Does Loews still match other hotel reward programs' statuses? I know it used to be if you were hilton diamond, they would make you Loews Gold or Platinum.

Does Loews still match other hotel reward programs' statuses? I know it used to be if you were hilton diamond, they would make you Loews Gold or Platinum.

Haven't heard anything about it since they changed their entire program to Youfirst from Loews First. Please let us know if you find out any details.

A friend of ours tried it on a trip and they wouldn't honor other hotel programs.

But that was right after they changed to YouFirst, so it may have changed again.

there was a thread about that last year, or was it earlier this year.....not sure.

loews wouldn't honor a competitor pricing for the onsite hotel room, even when the website stated they could match prices.
i'm guessing that something in the fine print or newer policy was the issue.

the poster that brought the subject up in the thread about matching prices, said loews wouldn't budge on the price.

haven't heard any poster talk about the price matching since then.

i think the YouFirst program has been around a couple of years now.
they changed from the original program of having July 1st as the start date of membership levels to the full calendar year of Jan 1st when they changed from Loews First.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter