Our 21 Royal Adventure - The evening is over and TR all wrapped up 8/10, Plus a link to the new TR!

I may or may not have just been looking at O scale model trains...

:rolleyes2
Not sure what an O scale model train is, but I'm guessing it's similar to this one....
I know. ;)

(Or at least I knew it was a vodka Gibson, not necessarily the brand of vodka. :))
:thumbsup2
Oh boy! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Soon...I'm waiting on a couple more photos that I didn't know existed.

Not sure what an O scale model train is, but I'm guessing it's similar to this one....
I think so. Most are HO trains. The set you or a friend or a friend’s dad might have when you were kids. The “H” stands for “half” so HO is half O scale
Soon...I'm waiting on a couple more photos that I didn't know existed.
popcorn::

Now I want chicken satay cooked on hot stones.

Wow!! It all sound amazing. I'm so glad that you were able to do this and what a nice way to honor Fran's memory. Your dress is beautiful. Definitely serendipity.

I’m so glad you managed to find that dress. It is really gorgeous! Perfect for you too. It was the first thing I noticed when SU-Lyn posted on Instagram. That was so nice that you could have a special dinner surrounded by your friends supporting you. I vow to comment more as I really enjoy your trip reports. Looking forward to your many adventures. It sounds like you have lots of work ahead of you purging and selling lots of stuff. We just did that, but gave stuff away and then paid people to take junk out of our basement before we had major foundation work done. Good luck Allison!

It was so fun! Loved that train!
I wish that we'd had just a bit more time before dinner so I could have taken more video and pics.
Did Fran pick it out?
I believe she had it before I met her.
I feel like the horse in this picture moved- I will have to take a look at my videos
OK, you caught me. This picture was from my last visit. I didn't take enough pics of this room, this time.
I love this pic, thanks for including it!
Of course! :goodvibes
This sitting room was always kept in this state- any drink glass/napkin/dish was immediately swept away if I recall 👌
I think that would have been true for ANY room!
D loved this castle picture and I the horse 🎠
It's a great castle, and Walt love the white Merry-go-round horses.
Chef Todd had a really nice, fun personality, I enjoyed talking with hi,.
I actually didn't speak to the chefs at all. I think I was mostly in awe of their skills, and I always get intimidated. They're like big celebrities to me!
She's a beauty indeed, I need to go back and see more of the detail.
We will need to start thinking about when we want to go back! But for now I need to start thinking about my 60th celebration!
Smart cookie you are, and you had to have one of your fav indeed 🍸
Most definitely! :thumbsup2
so much beauty in this room!
::yes::
Ok, now I need to see a picture of them please 🙏
65.JPG

That dining room is absolutely stunning!!! I like that you got two photos - I know it was because the first one was in the sun but it really gives a good perspective from both angles.
I'm glad that we got two photos as well, the people in the background of each photo were rather small, so it was good to get it from both sides.
So for the cost is everything included? All the food obviously, but all the drinks too? And the transportation?

Yes, there is one price, not only for all the food, beverage, transportation etc, but also for the people in attendance. You could do it for one person up to twelve. Any amount in between. Most of us folks who live regular lives make sure we have twelve people to break down the individual cost.

There was a rumor that John Stamos proposed to his now wife at 21 Royal shortly after our previous visit. People like that can afford to do this stuff for just two people. Then again he might have had some close friends there to take video and capture the moment.

I think so. Most are HO trains. The set you or a friend or a friend’s dad might have when you were kids. The “H” stands for “half” so HO is half O scale

I've got one of these that I'm selling at my garage sale in a couple weeks.

I’m so glad you managed to find that dress. It is really gorgeous! Perfect for you too. It was the first thing I noticed when SU-Lyn posted on Instagram.
Thank you! I've already picked out two more times in the next few years to wear it. You need a pretty special occasion!
That was so nice that you could have a special dinner surrounded by your friends supporting you.
It was a very nice evening to be surrounded by such lovely people.
I vow to comment more as I really enjoy your trip reports. Looking forward to your many adventures.
Thanks! It's so much more fun when people comment!
It sounds like you have lots of work ahead of you purging and selling lots of stuff. We just did that, but gave stuff away and then paid people to take junk out of our basement before we had major foundation work done.

I'm going to work really hard on the purging part for another two weeks until I have my garage sale. Then I'm going to slow down a bit. I won't have time to have another one until after the holidays, so I can slow down the pace a tiny bit. I'll concentrate a little more on selling the more valuable things on eBay.

We had just been seated at our dining table, but I’m going to back it up a bit here. I didn’t know these photos existed when I posted the last update. Evidently my friends wanted to make sure that they documented that I was having a good time despite the melancholy feelings. Remember I stopped at the bar to get myself my Vodka Gibson up?

x23DL0511R59a.jpg

x23DL0511R59c.jpg

x23DL0511R59e.jpg

x23DL0511R59d.jpg

I have no idea what they were telling me to cause that reaction, but evidently I was having a good time! And of course I needed to document the moment.

x23DL0511R59f_czc5d9AfJdkm6mzX6gkm5E.jpg

Once I was seated, they began to pour the first wines. Don’t get used to this, I neglected to take pictures of most of the wines this evening. Luckily they gave us a commemorative menu so that we had a record of what we ate and drank. I just wished I’d kept better track of the special other beverages that were served as well.

The first wine of the evening Trimbach, Riesling from Alsace, France. Vintage 2016, it was a 390th Anniversary wine.

x23DL0511R65.jpg

Once the first one was poured we were welcomed to dinner by Tinkerbell. You can see the table watching as the video below unfolds.

x23DL0511R66.jpg

We were all in our seats waiting to begin the meal.

x23DL0511R64a.jpg

This is where the melancholy comes in. The last time I sat in this seat Fran was next to me and I had assigned us the same two seats.

x23DL0511R64b.jpg

Once properly welcomed by the lighting of the candles, Chef Todd explained our first course.

x23DL0511R66a.jpg

This was called

Crimson Sunset
Spanish Style Ahi Crudo, Golden Osetra Caviar, “Bacalao”

Now Bacalao is dried and salted cod. I believe those are the little white chunks sprinkled on top, but underneath the caviar. They had a caviar free option, but if you needed a seafood free option, this dinner probably would not have been for you! :lmao:

x23DL0511R67.jpg

Here is a close up of the dish. As someone who loves Tuna sushi, this was a delicious dish. I believe that they encouraged us to get a little bit of everything in each bite and it was so absolutely delicious that I ate it slowly and savored every bite following it with a sip of the wine (when I remembered). I know I ate all the tuna that was served, not sure about how much of the garnish that I finished.

x23DL0511R68.jpg

Now I have to say that we all had an epic fail on one aspect of this dinner. Leonard requested that they prepare paired mocktails for him, and not one of us got a picture of his beverages. Before each course they described the paired beverages and there were three pairings going on. Most had the wine pairing, but one guy in the party didn’t drink wine, so they paired Whiskeys with his courses, and then there were the mocktails. As I failed with capturing most of the wines, I also failed at capturing the Whiskeys and mocktails.

Chef Gloria came out to describe our second course.

x23DL0511R69a.jpg

I believe that this is the second and the last wine that I captured the label. It was Chateau d’Esclans, Garrus, Rose, Cotes de Provence, France, 2020.

x23DL0511R69_vajxRRzEgjYR8mPj47g7WF.jpg

It was paired with our second course which was called:

Spring’s Harvest
Imported White Asparagus, Shaved Bottarga, Meyer Lemon, Gribiche

The White Asparagus was imported from Holland and is evidently quite a delicacy, very difficult to obtain. Bottarga is is a delicacy of salted, cured fish roe pouch, typically of the grey mullet or the bluefin tuna. And Gribiche is a sauce made from emulsifying hard-boiled egg yolks and mustard with a neutral oil like canola or grapeseed. The sauce is finished with chopped pickled cucumbers, capers, parsley, chervil and tarragon. It also includes hard-boiled egg whites cut in a julienne.

We fancy!

x23DL0511R70.jpg

This was actually my least favorite of the night. I didn’t see the need to waste my tummy space on vegetables, so I didn’t finish it. Not that it wasn’t good, but I didn’t know what was coming, and I figured I would like what was to come better!

I was definitely correct! And here’s where I began to fail at capturing the wine labels. Our next course was served with Peter Michael, La Carriere, Knights Valley, Sonoma Coast, 2016. But thanks to Jill we have one last picture of the wine bottle!

x23DL0511R70a.jpg

The food was called

Catalonian Sea and Mountains
Carabinero Prawn, Serrano Ham, Roasted Suckling Pig Fideo

x23DL0511R71_12X6CXRqwvfDTCEooPxZmU.jpg

Here’s a better close-up.

x23DL0511R72_ktUYGS2zoiQVaNYRtJ1fSX.jpg

This was absolutely amazing! A classed up version of Bacon wrapped shrimp! If I remember correctly those little sticks, were potatoes….I was wrong, the little sticks were pasta. I’m not sure if I ate all the garnish, but I’m pretty sure I ate the entire shrimp.

After this course we took a little break. We stepped out on the patio. There was a large stylized D in the middle of the patio and he had us all put our feet in and took a picture.

x23DL0511R75.jpg

And then we took another group photo.

x23DL0511R76.jpg

I think they gave us a few more minutes for a bio break or whatever else people wanted to do. Su-Lynn took selfies with other ladies in the party.

x23DL0511R77.jpg

x23DL0511R78.jpg

Back in the dining room we were welcomed back to the table once again

x23DL0511R79.jpg

However, I didn’t get any video, just a still. You can see the bottles mounting here, these are a combination of whiskeys and wines that were consumed over the evening.

x23DL0511R80.jpg

Before the second half of the evening began, we were given a palate cleanser. I want to say that this had some sort of a berry flavor to it, but I can’t be sure.

x23DL0511R81.jpg

Next up, the remainder of our fantastic evening!

Last edited:
I wish that we'd had just a bit more time before dinner so I could have taken more video and pics.
Oh totally! Next time we make sure we hop into the transportation right away and get there as quick as we can so we can have as much pre-dinner time as possible. 👍

I think that would have been true for ANY room!
Yes true, good point.
I always get intimidated. They're like big celebrities to me!
I think they enjoy these more intimate experiences as well, I hope they do anways!

Ah so more of a "fall" colours palette?
John Stamos proposed to his now wife at 21 Royal shortly after our previous visit
I know he did a dinner there, I remember seeing photos, whether it was the proposal one, I'm not sure, but I know I read he's a frequent flyer at the ol' DL.
annnnddd me three, and it's only 6:54am :rolleyes1😅
I didn’t know these photos existed when I posted the last update.
These are a lovely set of photos :lovestruc
And of course I needed to document the moment.
Well of course 👌
Now Bacalao is dried and salted cod. I believe those are the little white chunks sprinkled on top, but underneath the caviar. They had a caviar free option, but if you needed a seafood free option, this dinner probably would not have been for you! :lmao:
Not sure if you know this, but I am still working on liking all seafood (I was raised with super plain food and had never encountered sea food till I was an adult, but this dish was AH-Mazing indeed!
I believe that they encouraged us to get a little bit of everything in each bite
Yes indeed, I clearly remember that!

Before each course they described the paired beverages and there were three pairings going on.
They (Micheal?) were excellent at talking through the pairings.
Apparently I'm either focusing on the fact that I've either finished the yummy food, or taking a quick nap 🤦‍♀️
We fancy!
Theme of the night hehe
so I didn’t finish it
I think Dorian may have eaten my last little piece or two
I’m not sure if I ate all the garnish, but I’m pretty sure I ate the entire shrimp.
I know I ate all of this dish, loved it

And then we took another group photo.
There's so much going on in this photo, it's great!
I def learned to always take my wine with me when we had our table breaks, they were too yummy to leave behind!
You can see the bottles mounting here, these are a combination of whiskeys and wines that were consumed over the evening.
There was def a big collection, I think I took a video at the end of the night but will have to look
I want to say that this had some sort of a berry flavor to it, but I can’t be sure.
I do think so, I think Su-Lynn had the description on this one....

Loving this re-live of such a wonderful night! 🍸:cloud9:

I'm a forever lurker who has enjoyed your reports for years and I was moved to add a comment to let you know that more that the folks who regularly comment value the effort you've made over the years. I'm so sorry to read about Fran, I lost my wife to cancer after 30 years a while back and I know how hard it is. This dinner looks amazing and your report is making me want to experience this. Thank you for sharing. 💔

You know what I was thinking, this experience would be an amazing reception for a small wedding party. Amazing food, amazing drinks, in an incredible place.

You could only invite, what 15? people, but that would be such a fun experience. Probably couldn't call it a "reception" without Disney wanting extra $$ but that would be fun. The less people the better to me lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter