Our 21 Royal Adventure - The evening is over and TR all wrapped up 8/10, Plus a link to the new TR!

Finally got to read your TR. Sorry again for the loss of Fran. My aunt and I had good times with the two of you over the years. Nice that you are moving forward and doing this in honor of Fran.
Thanks for your condolences. I miss her a lot.
I always wanted to read about 21 Royal TR and looking forward to reading more.
Well, I just posted the final installment of the evening, but perhaps you're not that far along in reading. Enjoy!

I have just found this TR - and I have to tell you how truly sorry I am for your loss. I'm sorry to come into this TR like this, but I had to express my condolences on this huge loss. I've enjoyed your trips together for years, and I am so sorry she is not with you.

Thank you very much for your condolences. I'm glad that you finally chimed in! I already miss her a ton, but she wouldn't want me to be sitting at home moping around, so I'm getting out there and doing things like she would want!

The morning after our 21 Royal Adventure, Jill and I woke up to find that Jenny and her family had vanished! They must have taken off really early because I think we were up before 8AM and their room was completely empty. We let Leonard sleep a little bit while we packed up our things and had some breakfast. From our texts, it appears that we had the bags checked at Bell services and we were out of the room by 10:15 and on our way to meet Allyson and Dorian.

The Jenny family had to work that day, which is why they left so early. Leonard had to get somewhere so he couldn’t stay either, but the rest of us wanted to get in a little more park time. Allyson was sitting by the flagpole in Dinsyeland chatting with the horse drivers. We realized that none of us had ever taken a ride on one of the horse drawn carriages, so we thought this would be as good a time as any to give it a whirl!
x23DL0512DLR01.jpg

x23DL0512DLR02.jpg

Here’s the beautiful horse that pulled our carriage. Allyson was talking to the handler while they were waiting for us to arrive and found out all the details on this one.

x23DL0512DLR04.jpg

And an obligatory shot of the Castle.

x23DL0512DLR05.jpg

Our first stop was Hyperspace Mountain. Definitely the best version of this ride!

x23DL0512DLR06.jpg

Next we decided to ride the Haunted Mansion, always a good ride, especially when it’s the original!

x23DL0512DLR07.jpg

x23DL0512DLR08.jpg

x23DL0512DLR09.jpg

Then we hopped over to DCA and decided to ride Toy Story Midway Mania. And still we are beavers….

x23DL0512DLR10.jpg

After that it was starting to get late in the afternoon. Allyson and Dorian had to check into their new hotel for their last night, and I had offered them a ride so that they didn’t have to uber or walk through Anaheim with their luggage. Jill and I needed to be back in Long Beach because Pamela (she cruised with us on the last TR) was flying into Long Beach Airport that evening because Fran’s Memorial Service was the next day.

So that wraps up a fabulous couple days at the Disneyland Resort where we enjoyed an over the top dinner, and lots of good friends. We may even repeat the experience again in a few years, it was just too much fun not to!

Keep looking out for my new Trip Report Series….launching on a DISboards near you!

Fabulous pic of the HM busts! They are my favorite part of the ride!

Jill and I woke up to find that Jenny and her family had vanished!
Never to be seen again...
Wait...
They weren't in HM, were they? 👻
The Jenny family had to work that day, which is why they left so early.
I suppose that's probably a better reason...

Or is it?
We realized that none of us had ever taken a ride on one of the horse drawn carriages, so we thought this would be as good a time as any to give it a whirl!
:thumbsup2
I didn't even know you could do that until fairly recently. I was taking a picture of a car and the nice CMs smiled for me... and then asked if I wanted a ride. Heck ya!
And an obligatory shot of the Castle.
::yes::
It must be done.
Our first stop was Hyperspace Mountain. Definitely the best version of this ride!
Some day, Alison... Some day.
Great shot of you guys. :)
Next we decided to ride the Haunted Mansion, always a good ride, especially when it’s the original!

And yet... I don't remember it enough! Time for a do-over!
And still we are beavers….
Of course you are...

:rolleyes:
So that wraps up a fabulous couple days at the Disneyland Resort where we enjoyed an over the top dinner, and lots of good friends. We may even repeat the experience again in a few years, it was just too much fun not to!
So glad you (all) had such a great time. :goodvibes
Keep looking out for my new Trip Report Series….launching on a DISboards near you!
On my way! :moped:

Never to be seen again...
Wait...
They weren't in HM, were they? 👻
No, there's only room for one more. There were three of them.
I suppose that's probably a better reason...

Or is it?
Probably not.
Some day, Alison... Some day.
It's a real crap shoot, you never know when they are going to bring it back or not.
Great shot of you guys. :)
Even Jill posed for the camera this time!

And yet... I don't remember it enough! Time for a do-over!
Yes, for sure! You are overdue for coming for a visit!
Of course you are...

:rolleyes:
Well, we were aiming for the next level.....could be just the same.
So glad you (all) had such a great time. :goodvibes
:goodvibes
On my way! :moped:

See you there!

No, there's only room for one more. There were three of them.
Valid point. ::yes::
It's a real crap shoot, you never know when they are going to bring it back or not.
I'll just have to keep trying then, right? :)
Even Jill posed for the camera this time!
Yes, for sure! You are overdue for coming for a visit!
I really am!
See you there!
Already posted!

I rode the horse drawn and carriage In WDW this last December for my first time as well- it was a lot of fun I felt like a princess!
Thank you again for your trip report it is very fun to see places and things I will never get to see or experience I love all the details you shared thank you!
Looking forward to more trip reports from you.
And you are right, Fran would want you to be out having fun and being with friends and enjoying yourself. I love this quote from Anne of Green Gables. It is after Matthew dies and Anne feels guilty for laughing and enjoying herself.

"When Matthew was here he liked to hear you laugh and he liked to know that you found pleasure in the pleasant things around you,” said Mrs. Allan gently. “He is just away now; and he likes to know it just the same. "

I am sure this applies to your wife, Fran, as well.

Hey! I'm still here, I promise! Between my own vacation and work turning into a bit of a @#$show lately I haven't had any time for the DISBoards. Just managed to catch up with this TR.

This was super tasty! Normally I’m not a fan of duck, not sure if I’ve ever had pheasant before. This wasn’t gamey at all, and all the flavors totally complimented each other. I think I pretty much polished this one off!
There you go, you took a chance and it paid off!

This was cooked perfectly, and was very tender and flavorful. Unfortunately with everything that you saw we ate before this I couldn’t even finish half of it. I know that there were two pieces of beef left on my plate when I gave up.
Man, it seems like a sin to waste beef. But that was a lot of food.

We were invited onto the patio to watch the fireworks.
Nice! They need to cut down that tree though. :laughing:

(I didn’t care for it, I think it was carrot cake)
Ugh. No vegetables in my dessert, please.

But we weren’t done yet. All I can say is “Jenny made us do it!”
:rotfl2:
When we got back to the hotel room, Jenny invited Jill, Leonard, and I in our Jammies to come snuggle in the beds with them. I had a bottle of wine and some of us were enjoying a wee nightcap. I guess we were making a bit of noise because pretty soon at the back door, Allyson and Dorian knocked. (Remember they were in the room next door). They joined the party too. I think we stayed up until nearly midnight before finally hitting the hay. I think I took a bath before going to sleep but not sure.
Must have been a great party if you can't remember it!

Amen. The absolute best.

I'm so glad you got to have this experience! Sounds like it was a wonderful time with great friends.

I'll be there! It just may not be fast.

Welcome to another franandaj trip report!
I have been reading your TRs since waaay back when you brought the prime rib through the Titanic exhibit and then to WDW. I feel like I've known you and Fran forever although we have never met. I truly lost my breath when I read about her passing. I knew she was pretty ill on your cruise but I just knew she'd get better. I am so sorry.

I really enjoyed this report and 21 Royal is definitely on my Bucket List! My husband would not eat or enjoy any of it so I don't know how I can justify a $15k meal for just myself. lol I guess I need to find 11 of my closest friends! If you ever go back and need an "extra" count me in! The meal and the nostalgia of the atmosphere looked amazing!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress btw! I believe that Fran absolutely had her hand in getting you that dress. It was her way of being part of the experience. I look forward to seeing all the adventures that the dress gets to go on!

We really do need to meet up in person some day. We are also DVCer's and I am about to make my fourth trip to WDW this year next week. We also frequent DL. I was raised in Los Alamitos but live in Texas now, so DL is always home to me.

Big hugs from Texas!

I rode the horse drawn and carriage In WDW this last December for my first time as well- it was a lot of fun I felt like a princess!
It was fun! Nice and relaxing. I think I may have to do that again sometime!
Thank you again for your trip report it is very fun to see places and things I will never get to see or experience I love all the details you shared thank you!
You're welcome! I love sharing all my unique experiences and I'm glad that others enjoy reading about them!
Looking forward to more trip reports from you.
Well, not a ton of Disney going on right now, but certainly a lot of Trip Reporting!
And you are right, Fran would want you to be out having fun and being with friends and enjoying yourself. I love this quote from Anne of Green Gables. It is after Matthew dies and Anne feels guilty for laughing and enjoying herself.

"When Matthew was here he liked to hear you laugh and he liked to know that you found pleasure in the pleasant things around you,” said Mrs. Allan gently. “He is just away now; and he likes to know it just the same. "

I am sure this applies to your wife, Fran, as well.

:hug: That's very sweet. Thanks.

Hey! I'm still here, I promise! Between my own vacation and work turning into a bit of a @#$show lately I haven't had any time for the DISBoards. Just managed to catch up with this TR.
Yeah, I know. Your time is very limited, even in the best of times. And this was just before your most recent challenge.
Man, it seems like a sin to waste beef. But that was a lot of food.
It was a ton of food.
Nice! They need to cut down that tree though. :laughing:
:rotfl2:
Ugh. No vegetables in my dessert, please.
I whole heartedly agree!
Must have been a great party if you can't remember it!
:laughing:
I'm so glad you got to have this experience! Sounds like it was a wonderful time with great friends.
It was!
I'll be there! It just may not be fast.
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter