"Or you could just go to WDW for a couple of days..." - May 2017 PTR -updt 2/28

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to all my American peeps!

O9G09.gif

My holiday was pretty good. We go to two places on Thanksgiving day - one for the meal and one for dessert. There wasn't too much I could eat because of my gluten allergy. But I did get turkey, gravy, and mash potatoes. I only was able to get the gravy because Blair's cousin reminded Blair's mom that it needed to be thickened with cornstarch instead of flour. Well, apparently she had bought store bought gravy but she made some GF gravy from the turkey drippings. Which was really nice.

I brought GF/DF dessert to my aunt's house because she said that she wasn't going to be making anything GF (or DF). Which I get it, it can be a lot of extra work to do extra food. Or she can just make some things completely GF/DF for everyone instead of making something separate. And this aunt doesn't really like it when you bring other food. She likes to be completely in charge with food. My poor mom - she's GF and DF. She still brought something like I did because we weren't about to just sit there and watch people eat! Mom thinks that my aunt thinks that it's a fad or hokum or whatever. Like one would choose to do cut out integral parts of one's diet for fun.

We also have a lefse making party on the Sunday after Thanksgiving and this was my first time not being able to eat it. Such a bummer. Food allergies....grrrrr....

0126e5f4-0bb3-4731-b474-7561f06a6e7f.gif

So....trip news...

I got a 7:40pm Cali Grill on Friday! Yay!! Perseverance works!

But I'm still keeping the Sun Cali Grill ADR for now.

I know, I know. Bad Jenna.

I just read that rumor about how they might bring back the MK After Hours event and now I'm not sure when we would do that. Cause I want to do that. And we'd maybe want to do that at the end with a last hurrah-type thing. So I'm going to think about it.

Pros to switching to Cali Grill on Sun: We'd finish up with Wishes in the park on our last night and maybe roll into the After Hours event thing. We wouldn't be finishing our trip with a very rich meal after the not so good stuff we'll probably be eating all week. We would get to stalk @Raeven's romantic birthday meal with her boyfriend. Big plus. :rotfl2:

Cons to switching to Cali Grill on Sun: Her first experience with Wishes would be from the observation deck - not exactly the same feel as right in front of the Castle. Our meals for the rest of the week, though good, would definitely not be on the same level as the Cali Grill.

I'll definitely have to think about it.

And now we are in the drudgery of waiting for FP+ day.....

Maybe I'll think about outfits in the meantime!

158 Days to Go!!

I'm glad you found the CG reservation time! I understand weighing pros and cons of switching days, though. I went through that with our Candlelight Processional package date for the trip that's coming up in a couple weeks. I hung on to two reservations for a couple of weeks before cutting the cord and making final plans. I felt so guilty about keeping both for awhile!

I would lOVE to do the after hours thing, but no way my MIL would do it...she'll be wanting to end our days early. I'll probably be spending a lot of evening time by myself in the parks. I'm ok with that, I think!

Ugh, I hate the waiting between ADRs and FPs!!

As for Thanksgiving, I'm glad you and your mom brought your own things to your aunt's house! You definitely should not have to watch anyone else eat. My FIL has a gluten intolerance, and I always try to make a meal that is diet friendly for him, and if I don't make a GF dessert, I go pick him up some GF cupcakes from a bakery. I've never had to do Thanksgiving for him though, so I could see that being a challenge to tradition, but there are plenty of ways to make changes so it's ok for anyone to eat. I think I'd have a harder time with the dairy free thing...because i love BUTTER. And for the holidays, I cook with a lot of it. No calorie counting over here!

I hate the looooong wait. Good thing @Raeven is going soon to break up the wait.

:rotfl:

She still brought something like I did because we weren't about to just sit there and watch people eat! Mom thinks that my aunt thinks that it's a fad or hokum or whatever. Like one would choose to do cut out integral parts of one's diet for fun.

That's so awful. There's definitely some members in my mom's family that thought that way about Josh which makes no sense. His family doesn't usually make anything gluten free either which is weird because his aunt and mom both might have the same thing. But even they treat it like it's not a real thing and just eat whatever.

I got a 7:40pm Cali Grill on Friday! Yay!! Perseverance works!

Yay! I noticed a lot of Cali Grill reservations seemed to open up for better times.

I just read that rumor about how they might bring back the MK After Hours event and now I'm not sure when we would do that. Cause I want to do that. And we'd maybe want to do that at the end with a last hurrah-type thing. So I'm going to think about it.

I want to do that too in May if they bring it back!

We would get to stalk @Raeven's romantic birthday meal with her boyfriend. Big plus. :rotfl2:

Haha yes! :rotfl: I vote for the one where you stalk us.

Hi! I saw you on my TR too! Welcome!
Thank you!

MILs can be really tricky. I think it's going to be okay with mine but it is a little bit of a leap of faith. What would be harder if I was going with my SIL. She is the one I can only take in small doses. She talks ALL the time. About things you don't really care about and if you try and contribute, she usually talks over you trying to make her point again. The best you can do is just nod and smile as she goes on and on. The holidays are difficult on that side...
Yeh, SIL might be even worse than MIL. The (semi) good thing is they are both wrapped so much in each other that they leave us alone/out.

I think with my parents it would be better if there were all of us kids going and (soon to be) grandkids. Then there would be people coming and going and more time spread out instead of just at the parks all the time. Is your DH excited to be going to WDW or are you having to strong arm him? :rotfl:
It wa rough on my parents but I think they are glad they got to go one time with their grandkids. And it might would be better if they went back when my DH was also there or even more family, so they could take it a lot easier and just join us in the parks if they felt up to it.

I think my DH is cautiously looking forward to it but he has some social anxiety issues so he won't do great in crowds, which is why I'm planning early mornings and later afternoon/evening touring. It's also why he is very hands off with the planning...he doesn't but want that stress. He just wants to show up and be directed on where and when to go. I do know his father, who passed away several years ago, was a huge Disney and Mickey fan, so I feel like he really wants to enjoy it.

I hate the looooong wait. Good thing @Raeven is going soon to break up the wait. I'll be living vicariously through her updates. And I'll have to check out more TRs here. If only the DISBoards were faster on my computer!
I pretty much rely on trip reports and trip vlogs, along with overplanning...lol, to pass the time!

Happy Belated TDay! I'm glad you had some things you were able to eat on Turkey Day!

So where did you read the rumor about the after hours event returning? Just curious.

And yay on switching the ADR time. Don't feel bad about the double ADRs....I did it last year and will probably do it this year. Once plans firm up, I did and will again, let the extras go. I even passed one on to a fellow Diser!

That's so awful. There's definitely some members in my mom's family that thought that way about Josh which makes no sense. His family doesn't usually make anything gluten free either which is weird because his aunt and mom both might have the same thing. But even they treat it like it's not a real thing and just eat whatever.

It's hard too because people keep asking me so you get really sick if you eat gluten, huh? Well, no. It's so that I don't have a horrific thyroid problem in the future like my mom. And it does give me a little bit of an upset stomach but not debilitating. But people don't understand about the thyroid thing and just give me skeptical looks. I'm just going to say that I have horrible diarrhea the next time. :rotfl:

Haha yes! :rotfl: I vote for the one where you stalk us.

Haha. I'm sure Josh would love that. "Raeven, that weird girl from the DISBoards is staring at us again...." And then you can say, "Just give her your smolder." :rotfl2:

I think my DH is cautiously looking forward to it but he has some social anxiety issues so he won't do great in crowds, which is why I'm planning early mornings and later afternoon/evening touring. It's also why he is very hands off with the planning...he doesn't but want that stress. He just wants to show up and be directed on where and when to go. I do know his father, who passed away several years ago, was a huge Disney and Mickey fan, so I feel like he really wants to enjoy it.

I'm wondering if my dad has something like this. He gets upset with crowds and loud crowd noises. (But is fine with fireworks.) That's why we have to go in Sept with him. He wouldn't be able to handle any more crowds than is already there.

So where did you read the rumor about the after hours event returning? Just curious.

I read it on the DIS. Here.

And yay on switching the ADR time. Don't feel bad about the double ADRs....I did it last year and will probably do it this year. Once plans firm up, I did and will again, let the extras go. I even passed one on to a fellow Diser!

That's a good idea - maybe I'll be able to pass it along to a fellow Diser on the ADR thread.

Thanks for the link on the After Hours thing. I haven't seen much on the Disboards but I don't hang out on the Rumors board much. I'd love to do it but couldn't afford it at the original price for my whole family.

wasn't too much I could eat because of my gluten allergy.

And this aunt doesn't really like it when you bring other food. She likes to be completely in charge with food.

Seriously! Change aunt to MIL and you pretty much have exactly what I posted in my pre trip today!!! I had turkey, mashed potatoes and carrot sticks for thanksgiving.

I'm glad you found the CG reservation time! I understand weighing pros and cons of switching days, though. I went through that with our Candlelight Processional package date for the trip that's coming up in a couple weeks. I hung on to two reservations for a couple of weeks before cutting the cord and making final plans. I felt so guilty about keeping both for awhile!

I would lOVE to do the after hours thing, but no way my MIL would do it...she'll be wanting to end our days early. I'll probably be spending a lot of evening time by myself in the parks. I'm ok with that, I think!

Ugh, I hate the waiting between ADRs and FPs!!

As for Thanksgiving, I'm glad you and your mom brought your own things to your aunt's house! You definitely should not have to watch anyone else eat. My FIL has a gluten intolerance, and I always try to make a meal that is diet friendly for him, and if I don't make a GF dessert, I go pick him up some GF cupcakes from a bakery. I've never had to do Thanksgiving for him though, so I could see that being a challenge to tradition, but there are plenty of ways to make changes so it's ok for anyone to eat. I think I'd have a harder time with the dairy free thing...because i love BUTTER. And for the holidays, I cook with a lot of it. No calorie counting over here!

Who knows how long I'll hold the reservations.....hopefully not too long but it kind of hinges on the After Hours thing. I'll have to see what MIL thinks about doing it. She's usually pretty game for stuff but thinking about it further, it might be really long for her. We'll maybe have to take a break in the middle.

Dairy free is really hard. In addition to olive oil, in special cases she uses bacon fat instead. It's really good. I've even started using it for a couple of things too. No counting calories either!

Thanks for the link on the After Hours thing. I haven't seen much on the Disboards but I don't hang out on the Rumors board much. I'd love to do it but couldn't afford it at the original price for my whole family.

It is a lot of money. Luckily, I would only have to pay for myself. Someone the other day asked me why I go to Disney when I don't have kids. I told her because it's cheaper without them! :rotfl: She said it kind of snarkily so I was annoyed. I don't mind answering a legitimate inquiry but she was not looking for information, she was passing judgement.

Seriously! Change aunt to MIL and you pretty much have exactly what I posted in my pre trip today!!! I had turkey, mashed potatoes and carrot sticks for thanksgiving.

Oh no! I'll just have Thanksgiving at my house and all you GF/DF people can come and eat SO. MUCH. STUFF!

It is a lot of money. Luckily, I would only have to pay for myself. Someone the other day asked me why I go to Disney when I don't have kids. I told her because it's cheaper without them! :rotfl: She said it kind of snarkily so I was annoyed. I don't mind answering a legitimate inquiry but she was not looking for information, she was passing judgement.
Um, because I want to, why do you ask???? LOL. How rude of her. I have been several times in my adult life before I had kids and I enjoyed EVERY minute of it. People can be so annoying!

You will get no judgement from me on holding 2 CG ADR's! I did the same thing for Thanksgiving day for like, 3 months :rolleyes1 Had Trail's End and H&V both booked and couldn't decide. Ultimately went with TE but sometimes, ya just gotta do it!
I would be much more inclined to do the After Hours event than the EMM even though the price isn't cheap. Not with my kids though, but on an adults only trip. DH and I are now contemplating when our next one of those will be, and if they do in fact reinstate the After Hours I may try talking him into it.
Also one possible thought for MIL's first experience with Wishes being from CG: would she maybe like it so much, think it so beautiful that it would make her more excited to see if from inside MK? Rather than having a lesser effect on her and making her think it's not that great? IDK, probably not for everyone but having her "first time" :-)D) be from CG may not end up being a negative thing.

You will get no judgement from me on holding 2 CG ADR's! I did the same thing for Thanksgiving day for like, 3 months :rolleyes1 Had Trail's End and H&V both booked and couldn't decide. Ultimately went with TE but sometimes, ya just gotta do it!
I would be much more inclined to do the After Hours event than the EMM even though the price isn't cheap. Not with my kids though, but on an adults only trip. DH and I are now contemplating when our next one of those will be, and if they do in fact reinstate the After Hours I may try talking him into it.
Also one possible thought for MIL's first experience with Wishes being from CG: would she maybe like it so much, think it so beautiful that it would make her more excited to see if from inside MK? Rather than having a lesser effect on her and making her think it's not that great? IDK, probably not for everyone but having her "first time" :-)D) be from CG may not end up being a negative thing.

I may be also holding on to these ADRs for a few months as well. We'll see.

It also maybe depends if Club Villain is also extended to May. If so, then we may spend our money there and not at the After Hours Event. So many expensive things to consider!

Seeing it first either way could go either way. Haha. If that made any sense. So then I have to think about what makes sense for us schedule-wise.

Soooo many decisions!! What a horrible problem I have! :rotfl2:

If you read my TR, you'd've already seen this but I wanted to post it here too because it's so exciting!!

I AM AUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the first time!!!!

AHHHHH!!!!

Jeremy-Renner.gif

It was a rough pregnancy for my sister. In the beginning she had thought she was miscarrying but she hadn't. She had a problem with her uterus and the doctor said that it would be a 50/50 chance that she could still lose the baby. The problem resolved itself a little after mid-term. Then they were worried that the uterus bands (??) were restricting the baby. They weren't. Then they discovered that the baby wasn't growing like it should. The proportions between the head and torso with the limbs were off. And then her placenta was "dying" so they induced her this week.

We didn't know the sex of the baby until now...

It's a girl!!!

Here is my mom with her: (I'm not allowed to post pics of my sister in the aftermath. :rotfl:)

View attachment 209331

She's 5lbs 3oz. Still little but waaaaay bigger than we'd thought she'd be! And she has no problems. (That we know of yet.)

Our little miracle. We are so lucky that it turned out so well.

View attachment 209333

She looks like an old man. Hahaha.

Unfortunately, my sister lives 2.5 hours away so I'm not able to see the baby yet. But I can't wait to hold her.

One sister down, one more pregnant one to go - end of Feb!

By the time I go in May, I'll have two little ones to spoil with Disney gear!!!

If you read my TR, you'd've already seen this but I wanted to post it here too because it's so exciting!!

I AM AUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the first time!!!!

AHHHHH!!!!

Jeremy-Renner.gif

It was a rough pregnancy for my sister. In the beginning she had thought she was miscarrying but she hadn't. She had a problem with her uterus and the doctor said that it would be a 50/50 chance that she could still lose the baby. The problem resolved itself a little after mid-term. Then they were worried that the uterus bands (??) were restricting the baby. They weren't. Then they discovered that the baby wasn't growing like it should. The proportions between the head and torso with the limbs were off. And then her placenta was "dying" so they induced her this week.

We didn't know the sex of the baby until now...

It's a girl!!!

Here is my mom with her: (I'm not allowed to post pics of my sister in the aftermath. :rotfl:)

View attachment 209331

She's 5lbs 3oz. Still little but waaaaay bigger than we'd thought she'd be! And she has no problems. (That we know of yet.)

Our little miracle. We are so lucky that it turned out so well.

View attachment 209333

She looks like an old man. Hahaha.

Unfortunately, my sister lives 2.5 hours away so I'm not able to see the baby yet. But I can't wait to hold her.

One sister down, one more pregnant one to go - end of Feb!

By the time I go in May, I'll have two little ones to spoil with Disney gear!!!
Yay! :cheer2:

Although I'm also not sure what uterus bands are. :confused:

But that doesn't even matter since she's healthy!

Hope you get to see her soon! And that you get to pick out lots of Disney clothes for her! I bet there's so much cute stuff to choose from. :scratchin

Helllloooo!

How is everyone's holiday preparations going? Mine are going pretty well. It just doesn't seem like Christmas is in three days. I'm having trouble getting into that magical wonderful feeling that is Christmas. Every year it gets harder and harder.

And this year is hard, I think, because work has been crazy busy these last two weeks and my car was in the shop for a week. I haven't been able to focus on anything but working and how I'm going to get to work. Blair had to chauffeur me everywhere (he has a stick and I can drive it but not around people :rotfl:). I do not like being dependent on others for transportation. Even if it is my own husband. And I couldn't finish up Christmas shopping for him because he was with me. Arg!

I finally got my car back yesterday night. I decided that I would stop at the Mall of America (MOA) to get that last thing I need for Blair at the Worker B store. This morning, I told him that I would be late coming home because I was going to "walk" at the MOA (if you go around each level twice it's about three miles). He just texted me to say that he is going to join me on my walk.
:headache: Can't catch a break this year! It's totally sweet that he wants to join me and I don't want to discourage him from exercising so I have to get out of work a bit early so that I can hightail it to the Worker B store, stash the goods in the car, and then wait for him inside the door like I just got there. Whew! Easy, right??

Hopefully the walk will help me shed my work brain and get me in to the Christmas spirit!

But I didn't just post to complain about my lack of Christmas spirit, I also wanted to show you the gift I'm giving Becky for Christmas for our trip!

upload_2016-12-22_15-14-36.png

An IASW Dooney and Bourke wristlet!!

So pretty! I got really lucky with the pattern because I ordered it online and who knows what you are going to get. I love that the vine is centered with the Dooney and Bourke logo. But this also does seem to be a pattern where it isn't so critical how it's sewn up.

Since we aren't celebrating Christmas until Feb with Blair's immediate family because his parents are currently in AZ and because even the wristlet is expensive, I was originally going to give her this for Christmas and her birthday (March). Blair was totally not fine with that at all. He said it was wrong. This is coming from a guy who won't give me a Valentine's Day card and a birthday card separately (my bday is Feb 13th). Normally Blair is pretty easy going but he was very adamant about it. I have a pink Mickey head luggage tag that was going to be the Christmas "tag" on the outside of this gift but now I'll give it to her for her birthday along with a "coupon" for a refillable mug that I'll buy for her when we get down there. I had to double check about the "coupon" with Blair since she technically wasn't getting it until way after her birthday but he was fine with it.

Sometimes that man has crazy notions that do not make sense.

On the planning front there is not much to say. I'm still sitting with the two CG ADRs. Blair's mom would like a food budget so I am going to go through the menus to every place we'll probably eat at and I'll add up how much I think every thing'll cost.

Everyone on TRs and vlogs has been eating at D-Luxe burger so I think I want to try that for our arrival day. @Raeven, how are they with a GF allergy? (You probably have a review already somewhere but I'm lazy right now. The Boards are slow on this computer. :laundy:)

For those of you who don't know who she is, you should check out @Raeven's current TR: A Birthday Surprise on Kudu Trail and her PTR for May: Do you suppose she's a wildflower? 25th Birthday, F&G. If she gets her vacation approved at work, she and I should be meeting up several times on our trip, including a dinner together with Josh (her DB) and Becky at Whispering Canyon Cafe. So excited!!

134 Days to Go!!

How is everyone's holiday preparations going? Mine are going pretty well. It just doesn't seem like Christmas is in three days. I'm having trouble getting into that magical wonderful feeling that is Christmas. Every year it gets harder and harder.

Maybe because we just went on vacation so close to Christmas so this month went by so fast, but it doesn't feel like Christmas. I do have the next 3 days off though so maybe it will then. I think it's because I was excited to celebrate the holiday on vacation, so I feel like I already celebrated. Maybe we're getting old? :rotfl:

And I couldn't finish up Christmas shopping for him because he was with me. Arg!
Ugh. Funny story my brother got mad because one night recently his girlfriend went to the mall and didn't ask him to come...until he realized she was probably buying him a Christmas present he couldn't understand why she wouldn't ask. o_O

I finally got my car back yesterday night. I decided that I would stop at the Mall of America (MOA) to get that last thing I need for Blair at the Worker B store. This morning, I told him that I would be late coming home because I was going to "walk" at the MOA (if you go around each level twice it's about three miles). He just texted me to say that he is going to join me on my walk. :headache:
Yay the car's back! That's a good idea I do my best walking at the mall because I have to walk from end to end. Shopping motivates me to move like nothing else. :rotfl2:

so I have to get out of work a bit early so that I can hightail it to the Worker B store, stash the goods in the car, and then wait for him inside the door like I just got there. Whew! Easy, right??

Sneaky plan :rotfl:

View attachment 211400

An IASW Dooney and Bourke wristlet!!
It's cute!

Blair was totally not fine with that at all. He said it was wrong. This is coming from a guy who won't give me a Valentine's Day card and a birthday card separately (my bday is Feb 13th).
So weird. Josh doesn't believe in buying anyone cards. I get him cards, and I think he bought me one once, and he'll give his family cards if I buy them but he doesn't understand why anyone would give a card. He thinks it's a weird thing my family does.

Everyone on TRs and vlogs has been eating at D-Luxe burger so I think I want to try that for our arrival day. @Raeven, how are they with a GF allergy? (You probably have a review already somewhere but I'm lazy right now. The Boards are slow on this computer. :laundy:)

They have GF buns and can take things out of the order if they have gluten (the one Josh gets has an onion ring that he gets it without). The fries are gf and I think most the dippers are too. And they're really good.

For those of you who don't know who she is, you should check out @Raeven's current TR: A Birthday Surprise on Kudu Trail and her PTR for May: Do you suppose she's a wildflower? 25th Birthday, F&G. If she gets her vacation approved at work, she and I should be meeting up several times on our trip, including a dinner together with Josh (her DB) and Becky at Whispering Canyon Cafe. So excited!!
Yay! I'm posting on my TR tonight! I can't wait to meet up! I keep checking for Club Villain too.

134 Days to Go!!
Yesss! I'm looking over my ADRs again. I want to cut them down and eat everywhere. :rotfl:

:wave2: Hi Jenna!
I'm not sure how I forgot to subscribe to your PTR!

The trip with your MIL sounds great. I would probably scare the crap out of anyone else in my family with my obsessive need to over-plan :surfweb:.

I love your split stay choices, AKL is so beautiful.

Maybe because we just went on vacation so close to Christmas so this month went by so fast, but it doesn't feel like Christmas. I do have the next 3 days off though so maybe it will then. I think it's because I was excited to celebrate the holiday on vacation, so I feel like I already celebrated. Maybe we're getting old? :rotfl:

We are getting old...especially you. Man, once you hit 24, it's all over from there. :lmao: I just think that work needs to automatically give me the last two weeks in December off. Germany gets all of August off.

Ugh. Funny story my brother got mad because one night recently his girlfriend went to the mall and didn't ask him to come...until he realized she was probably buying him a Christmas present he couldn't understand why she wouldn't ask. o_O

Your brother, I tell ya. :faint:

Yay the car's back!

Hallelujah!! :worship:

So weird. Josh doesn't believe in buying anyone cards. I get him cards, and I think he bought me one once, and he'll give his family cards if I buy them but he doesn't understand why anyone would give a card. He thinks it's a weird thing my family does.

Haha. Why does his think that there are entire stores full of cards if no one gives cards? Your family must buy a lot of cards to keep Hallmark in business if you are the only weirdos who buy cards! :laughing:

They have GF buns and can take things out of the order if they have gluten (the one Josh gets has an onion ring that he gets it without). The fries are gf and I think most the dippers are too. And they're really good.

Awesome. D-Luxe is going on the list. Though it sounds like it's getting more and more busy - people are really liking it and the word is getting out!

Yay! I'm posting on my TR tonight! I can't wait to meet up! I keep checking for Club Villain too.

I keep checking too! I'm also hoping to soon get some discounts for May!! AKL is not cheap!

Yesss! I'm looking over my ADRs again. I want to cut them down and eat everywhere. :rotfl:

That is a conundrum! Are you going down to one ADR a day? Or even less????? :scared1:

:wave2: Hi Jenna!
I'm not sure how I forgot to subscribe to your PTR!

The trip with your MIL sounds great. I would probably scare the crap out of anyone else in my family with my obsessive need to over-plan :surfweb:.

I love your split stay choices, AKL is so beautiful.

Hi Kelly! I just noticed you had a TR so you are one up on me!

Haha. I think I may be scaring the crap out of her too but she's too polite to say anything!

I'm so excited to have her see it. And see everything, really! I haven't been to Disney with a newbie in YEARS. Though my family kind of count as newbies because they don't keep up with Disney happenings and just let me do everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter