"Or you could just go to WDW for a couple of days..." - May 2017 PTR -updt 2/28

That is super exciting your MIL is onboard!! I hope you're able to confirm your trip dates soon

Thank you! Me too! It's so stupid because it will be soon - waaaay before our trip but I'm getting really really frustrated. Ridiculous!

So any news about whether your TA was able to get you AKL? I know the wait times for DTA (the Disney reservation line for TA's) have been much better the last 2 days. That really stinks about having to wait on things for work :sad2: I'm wanting to plan our next trip (after next month) for Memorial weekend but I need to wait on something too, and I won't know about that until about 2 days before we leave in Nov. Right now the flights are an excellent price for Memorial weekend and I'm afraid they'll go up by then!

Following along with this PTR! I can't wait to see which resort choice you pick, and which week you'll be going!

Um...are we the same person??

I am taking my MIL the first week of May...staying savanna view at AKL.

My MIL is a pain in the...I mean...My MIL is a wonderful person and I'm so excited to be spending this time with her.
Actually, I am mostly looking forward to it...combined with a healthy amount of dread.

My ADR day is Nov 1, but I'm only booking two: Akershus breakfast and BOG dinner. She loves Beauty and the Beast. We're going to wing it otherwise.

I'll be following along to see how things go for you with the planning!

So any news about whether your TA was able to get you AKL? I know the wait times for DTA (the Disney reservation line for TA's) have been much better the last 2 days. That really stinks about having to wait on things for work :sad2: I'm wanting to plan our next trip (after next month) for Memorial weekend but I need to wait on something too, and I won't know about that until about 2 days before we leave in Nov. Right now the flights are an excellent price for Memorial weekend and I'm afraid they'll go up by then!

I'm finally ready to update! I just didn't want to put another waiting post up...

Following along with this PTR! I can't wait to see which resort choice you pick, and which week you'll be going!

Welcome! Thanks for hanging out with me!

Um...are we the same person??

I am taking my MIL the first week of May...staying savanna view at AKL.

My MIL is a pain in the...I mean...My MIL is a wonderful person and I'm so excited to be spending this time with her.
Actually, I am mostly looking forward to it...combined with a healthy amount of dread.

My ADR day is Nov 1, but I'm only booking two: Akershus breakfast and BOG dinner. She loves Beauty and the Beast. We're going to wing it otherwise.

I'll be following along to see how things go for you with the planning!

I don't know...are you currently sitting at your desk at work when you should be leaving to go home but you can't because you really want to hang out on the DIS and update your PTR?? :laughing:

Wow! We really are similar. How did you happen to take a trip with your MIL?

You're MIL can't be all bad - Beauty and the Beast is the best! But I do understand...

Are you doing a PTR?

HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY!!!

tumblr_lxtr1eUNYG1qedb29o1_r4_500.gif

This has no relevance really, except I'm a little excited inside and this is what it feels like.

I'VE BOOKED!!!

Now, we can't get too excited because I still don't know which week but we are getting closer!

It took a lot longer than expected because I had to reconnect with my MIL to figure out if she wanted a full week at AKL or if she really wanted the split stay.

The answer?

I don't know!

:rotfl:

How is that possible, you ask??

Well, I finally got a quote from my TA (Disney problems not her problems) but couldn't get a hold of my MIL on Weds night so I texted her Thurs morning.

I heard nothing.

I finally got something Thurs night (she had forgotten her phone at work) - she was asking me more questions about split stays, etc. It sounds like she was leaning towards the split stay. I answered her questions but didn't hear back last night. I expected I would hear something today.

But then I forgot my phone at home today!

giphy.gif

Good question - I don't know.

Sooo I was so tired of waiting I decided to just book the split stay and fix it later, if necessary.

So we are booked for two weeks - to decide between the two based on my work schedule:

POR (package with tickets): April 29th-May 2nd
AKL (room only, savannah view): May 2nd - 6th

POR (package with tickets): May 6th - 9th
AKL (room only, savannah view): May 9th - 13th

YAAY!!

And we get two MBs - YAYY!!

But don't get too excited!

9Mpgm.gif

We are still waiting on those darn executives!

I heard another nasty rumor (well nasty in my opinion if it doesn't come true) that the executives should have their schedule finished today and booking could start on Monday.

giphy.gif

I know, I know. As if!

I'm going to go home now and actually see what she picked!

My TA said that she got a pin code yesterday so....cross your fingers I get one!!

I thought I wanted a week at AKL but now I am kind of looking forward to POR. So maybe we'll stay like this.

Lots of time between now and May - who knows what's going to happen!

nissen-k5.gif

Yay you booked! I wish they'd just let you know already! I hope that rumor is true too.

I asked the guy at work that goes on vacation the first week of May and he's still going then so my dates are staying the same.

People need to text back asap so we can make Disney plans :rotfl:

I bet both resorts will be fun though!

I don't know...are you currently sitting at your desk at work when you should be leaving to go home but you can't because you really want to hang out on the DIS and update your PTR?? :laughing:

Wow! We really are similar. How did you happen to take a trip with your MIL?

You're MIL can't be all bad - Beauty and the Beast is the best! But I do understand...

Are you doing a PTR?

I'm sitting at my kitchen table so I don't get white dog hair on my black sweater before I have to go out in public, after spending most of the day on the DIS or phone to Disney trying/failing (not open for my dates yet :sad:) to secure a reservation for the new holiday dessert party at DHS, so basically the same thing, LOL!!

My MIL and I are not very close...we have a complicated relationship. In an effort to extend an olive branch and spend some time with her, I thought, "what's better than taking her to WDW?" I brought it up to DH who thought it was a great idea, and then it was too late to take it back. She is an artist and loves to garden, so Flower and Garden time seemed perfect.

She is not all bad, but she can be a very difficult person. You just never know from one minute to the next if she's going to be awesome, or make Ursula look like a girl scout.

I haven't started a PTR for May yet, I'm working on a combo December PTR and June Disneyland TR right now, but some of May will inevitably creep into that one since ADR day is Nov.1.

I booked our AKL stay with a pin code, so I'm crossing my fingers for you! They were really pushing it, too, because I got a code to both of my email addresses AND in the mail!

(also, i love that you included Jim/Andy K and Michael Scott...two of my loves!)

Yay you booked! I wish they'd just let you know already! I hope that rumor is true too.

I asked the guy at work that goes on vacation the first week of May and he's still going then so my dates are staying the same.

People need to text back asap so we can make Disney plans :rotfl:

I bet both resorts will be fun though!

Sweet! So you are all set - everything is in place for the second week for me too. At least on my end.

I can't believe that she doesn't wait for my call or text! And if she goes somewhere, she needs to check in with me first!:rotfl2:

I'm sitting at my kitchen table so I don't get white dog hair on my black sweater before I have to go out in public, after spending most of the day on the DIS or phone to Disney trying/failing (not open for my dates yet :sad:) to secure a reservation for the new holiday dessert party at DHS, so basically the same thing, LOL!!

My MIL and I are not very close...we have a complicated relationship. In an effort to extend an olive branch and spend some time with her, I thought, "what's better than taking her to WDW?" I brought it up to DH who thought it was a great idea, and then it was too late to take it back. She is an artist and loves to garden, so Flower and Garden time seemed perfect.

She is not all bad, but she can be a very difficult person. You just never know from one minute to the next if she's going to be awesome, or make Ursula look like a girl scout.

I haven't started a PTR for May yet, I'm working on a combo December PTR and June Disneyland TR right now, but some of May will inevitably creep into that one since ADR day is Nov.1.

I booked our AKL stay with a pin code, so I'm crossing my fingers for you! They were really pushing it, too, because I got a code to both of my email addresses AND in the mail!

(also, i love that you included Jim/Andy K and Michael Scott...two of my loves!)

Haha, so yeah, the same!

That's super nice of you but that sounds like you could have a good time...or not. Who knows!! How is she reacting when you ask about trip planning stuff?

WOW! That's a lot of PIN codes! What as the offer? Thank you for your crossed fingers. Surely they would have one for me!

Haha, so yeah, the same!

That's super nice of you but that sounds like you could have a good time...or not. Who knows!! How is she reacting when you ask about trip planning stuff?

WOW! That's a lot of PIN codes! What as the offer? Thank you for your crossed fingers. Surely they would have one for me!

Well, she's basically overwhelmed. She has no frame of reference for anything like this, she's never been to any kind of amusement park before. She hates flying, she says she cannot stay out past 8pm, she thought a week was too long...really, she's just nervous about the unknown and projecting onto the trip. She's excited but she just can't comprehend the scope of WDW...which is understandable. She's a very active 60 year old woman, hardly a little old lady, and I know if she just lets herself relax she'll have a great time. It's all just a matter of whether or not she'll relax. I already told her we do not have to spend every waking second together, and if she's tired just say so and go back to the room, or if she wants to do something else, just TELL ME instead of getting weird and quiet/moody/grouchy, etc...
She came to visit a couple weekends ago, and that's when we settled on resort and talked about food a little, and how we'd manage our days in the park. She is very excited about all things Beauty and the Beast...to give you an idea of how clueless she truly is she asked DH, "Are there gift shops where I can buy a t-shirt or something?"

I choked and almost shot diet coke out of my nose. It was one of my most glamorous personal moments.

It might not be the most fun trip I've ever taken, but I know it's the right thing to do. Guilt. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

And about the pin...it was for 30% off room only through June. All of the wording said, "For returning guests like you, here is a special offer..." blahblahblah. It allowed me to book savanna view for less than I was planning to pay for standard, so I was happy!

Well, she's basically overwhelmed. She has no frame of reference for anything like this,

Maybe show her a map of the entirety of WDW and some video from YouTube of people walking around the parks? The map really helped my MIL even though she still doesn't completely get it.

to give you an idea of how clueless she truly is she asked DH, "Are there gift shops where I can buy a t-shirt or something?"

Oh dear.

Guilt. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

:rotfl2: Amen!

And about the pin...it was for 30% off room only through June. All of the wording said, "For returning guests like you, here is a special offer..." blahblahblah. It allowed me to book savanna view for less than I was planning to pay for standard, so I was happy!

That's awesome. I still don't have one. I'm thinking if I don't have one by now, I'm not going to be getting one. :sad:

Just a quick little update.

A quickie, if you will...;)

I spoke to my MIL over the weekend. She is really wanting the split stay so we'll probably stay with that even if we get a discount. After we talked about it, she said - so now you'll book it, right?

Ahhhh....yes....I will book the resort now...because I haven't already.....because it would be crazy to do that without talking to you first...so...I will get on that...

:rolleyes1

Now we have to get ready for ADRs starting in Nov for our first week. I'm having a bit of a brain block about it for some reason. I need to narrow it down and then meet with her to decide. I want to at least give her the appearance of having a say. :laughing:

This is what is on my list so far:

Boma
California Grill
Sci Fi Dine In
Prime Time
Whispering Canyon
Ohana
BOG - lunch

That is all.

Have a good weekend!

Just a quick little update.

A quickie, if you will...;)

I spoke to my MIL over the weekend. She is really wanting the split stay so we'll probably stay with that even if we get a discount. After we talked about it, she said - so now you'll book it, right?

Ahhhh....yes....I will book the resort now...because I haven't already.....because it would be crazy to do that without talking to you first...so...I will get on that...

:rolleyes1

Now we have to get ready for ADRs starting in Nov for our first week. I'm having a bit of a brain block about it for some reason. I need to narrow it down and then meet with her to decide. I want to at least give her the appearance of having a say. :laughing:

This is what is on my list so far:

Boma
California Grill
Sci Fi Dine In
Prime Time
Whispering Canyon
Ohana
BOG - lunch

That is all.

Have a good weekend!
Totally crazy....:rolleyes1

Drumroll please....

Pence1_cox3td6e.gif

(I was going to do a David Tennant one but I thought this was hilarious.)

<ahem>

MY WORK EVENT DATES HAVE BEEN FINALIZED!!

I am free to go the second week in May, just like I wanted!!!

YAAAYYY!!!

giphy.gif

I called my MIL to tell her and she acted a little weird about it. She made it seem like she wanted the first week but wouldn't really say why. I really want the second week because when I was looking at resort availability this week was more open so hopefully that means fewer crowds. AND @Raeven from the DISBoards will be there at the same time!! (hopefully - if she's not sick of going by then :laughing:)

Our ADRs are coming up so I made plans to meet with my MIL on Sunday to go over potential restaurants. I'll really make it clear that we are going the second week in May. Sometimes she just has to sit with an idea until she's onboard with it. Same with DH! And she should be retired by then so she should be pretty flexible for dates.

YAYY!!!

May 6th through the 13th!! :cheer2::cheer2: Here we come!

I've tried to write this update several times but I keep getting interrupted. I am determined that this one will go through!!

giphy.gif

Happy Belated Halloween!!

upload_2016-11-4_10-19-16.png

That is my Halloween tribute to my favorite WDW ride! I wanted to scratch in the "Expedition" portion so that it just illuminated through but the skin was a couple of inches thick so I couldn't. But all you DIS people know what I mean!

In the back, to the left, you can see my computer. It was out because earlier that day on Sunday, I had another planning meeting with my MIL.

And we are official, official for the second week of May! Yay!!!

We also went over our dining picks since our ADR day is coming fast. I also floated the idea of coming in on Friday instead of Saturday. She kind of nodded absently and didn't really say anything. But never fear, my friends, I am starting to get the hang of this. I knew that she needed to think about it so I didn't bring it up again. I just popped in a Disney Vacation planning DVD.

While watching, I mentioned about a rental car. She seemed also skeptical about this (more skeptical than the extra day) and asked if it was easy to get around. I assured her that it was and that I would be driving so she wouldn't have to worry about it. The real answer is that it is easy and it isn't easy. It's easy in that there are roads to everything. It isn't easy in that you can get turned around if you aren't careful but I drove a lot my previous trip so I'm feeling pretty good. Especially from AKL. Everything is all in the same direction. Far away. :rotfl: Well, except AK - that's super close.

She left in what seemed to be good spirits. I don't think that she'll ever be super excited because she just doesn't know what to expect and can't imagine it in her mind. It makes it difficult from a planning perspective but I'm really looking forward to showing her everything that makes Disney great!

I emailed her this week with two schedules - one for a Saturday arrival and one for a Sunday arrival. She just emailed me this morning and said that she was good with a Friday arrival!

YAY!!! :cool1:

I really wanted this extra day. It frees up our schedule a bit.

Here is our schedule (for now!) with the times that we would like to get our ADRs:

upload_2016-11-4_10-31-49.png

I called our TA this morning to add the Friday. I don't know if we'll get it before Sunday, which would be our new ADR day. Otherwise, we'll be making ADRs on Monday!!

I'll be back next week with an ADR update. Enjoy the extra hour of sleep, everyone!

182 Days to Go!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter