Options other than lanyards

Did you guys go to wdw when they had keycards and ticket cards? If so what did he do?

In the pre FP+ days, all the tickets had to go into the FP machine. Individual lanyards didn't make much sense, IMO. We stowed all the tickets and FP together in ONE lanyard. And I'm talking tickets/FP for the extended family in ONE lanyard! As soon as we were through the gate, the designated FP runner gathered all the tickets together and made a beeline for an e-ride FP.

Mind, back then lanyards were popular among DISers, but the general WDW population wasn't as wise.

I'm not a fan of stuff around my neck but those lanyards were so convenient!!! We went in December, not sure how I'd feel in the heat of the summer.

OP: just curious: what does he dislike about lanyards? I'd never go without one!

Though we've used lanyards for years, they aren't very attractive in photos, especially when the lanyard you own clashes with what you are wearing.

Have you ever tried to dress (somewhat) nicely for dinner, with post-dinner plans of heading straight to a theme park after dinner?

Also, well, If you've ever go to Orlando in the summer, then you'll see: by the third day, lanyards aren't so fresh and clean.

Did you guys go to wdw when they had keycards and ticket cards? If so what did he do?

DH uses a wallet. He likes his hufflepuff lanyard but he doesn't wear it. If he didn't want the wallet and refused a lanyard then I would put his cards in my lanyard and dole them out as needed. I have a Ravenclaw lanyard with a big hard plastic waterproof case. Witz brand. Holds it all. :)

I bought lanyards from the Universal website before our trip and was really disappointed in the size of the plastic card holders - way too small and tight. So, I found larger ones on Amazon for a few bucks that had a great seal and held the park ticket, fast pass, credit card, some cash, and my lucky mini blanket (OK, that last one is not true). Easy to open/close and pull things out. Left everything else behind and never had to use a locker at any attraction. Lean and mean!

Anyone wear one of those larger waterproof lanyard-style cases that holds a phone? Can you go on the metal detector rides with that or do you still have to leave the phone behind?

Anyone wear one of those larger waterproof lanyard-style cases that holds a phone? Can you go on the metal detector rides with that or do you still have to leave the phone behind?

You'll always have to leave your phone in a locker with the metal detector rides.

Reactions: shh

So everyone wears them? Isn't there upside down rides where they could fall off?
I don't like wearing things around my neck. I use my pockets. I don't carry a wallet and they've never make me take my ticket out of my pocket for a ride. If I don't have a good pocket, then my husband carried mine. (Men's clothes usually have better pockets than women's).

These days, I never go with express. (I am local now). But even when I did, it wasn't that hard to take them out. Actually, it may have made things quicker for them. I could hand them the entire family's express passes and they could scan them all quickly at once. Of course, that doesn't work for ticket and fingerprint. I never found it that hard to take a ticket out of my pocket.

As for Disney, I did the same until I had to use those bands on the last trip. I hated it. I can deal with something around my wrist better than my neck but still don't like it. My youngest child can't handle either. So, I had to wear two bands.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter