One of the funniest things I've ever heard at WDW:

I think I posted this a while back, but it bears repeating.

Pop Warner family checking in at POR; never been to the World before. Wife and son outside by the Marina and see the water taxi that goes to DTD; I am sitting on one of the rockers just outside the door to check-in. Husband emerges through door with daughter and check-in package in hand.

Husband - Honey, we have to go back inside to catch a bus.

Wife - we want to take that boat to Walt Disney World.

Husband - we have to go out front to a bus.

Wife - but we want to take the boat to Walt Disney World.

Husband (out of ear shot of kids now standing at the Marina, but right next to me). You are not going to believe, we are IN Walt Disney World. This hotel is in Disney World. We are staying at Walt Disney World.

And get this, there are four parks, FOUR PARKS. We have to take a bus out front to get to the parks. We have to take the right bus to get to the right park. And there are two water parks, two water parks.

Wife looks dazed.

Husband - You wouldn't believe how f****** big this place is. I don't know what we have gotten ourselves into this week.....

Wife - but what about the boat?

Husband - we will figure that out later.

This is my favorite!!!! :lmao: :rotfl2:

Last week on our way to Blizzard Beach, a couple next to us probably in their late 30's were headed there and we were all listening to the bus schpeel about Summit Plummet, etc. When we pull into the parking lot and you can see Mt. Gushmore.... she shrieked and said, "That's a free fall! There's no way I'm riding that and just falling into the air from that high!! Look honey, no one else wants to do it either, there's no one coming down!!" I pretty much buried my face into my fiance's shoulder to keep from bursting. She thought the decoration slide was Summit Plummet. She really was freaking out. He told her she didn't have to go on it :lmao:

To be honest... my favorite water slide in history was Slippery Slides Falls at River Country which dropped you free falling into the pool (not from that high, lol)!! I used to do this over and over and over for hours and it never got old, lol!!!

We were sitting outside Sci-Fi, waiting for our ADR time, and enjoyed talking to a British 8 yr old who was fascinated with "Squivvels". That was a few years ago and we still call them that.

...my cousin's 4 year old daughter began screaming at the top of her lungs "I want a drink!! I want a drink!!". .....my mother picked her up, and within a minute she was asleep on my mom's shoulder.

Awwwww. Yay for your mom. :goodvibes I can't even count the times my guy has gotten really unreasonable, and as long as we stay cool and either carry him or just hug and hold him, he'll fall asleep quicker than at any other time.

"You can't be spontaneous if you don't have a plan to start with." Mrs. Conan

Madly in love with that. :)

Though I'd probably amend it to "it's hard to be successfully spontaneous if you don't have a plan to start with".

Aw, why didn't you say something? We had a couple behind us in line on their honeymoon who kept missing their fastpass time and were complaining about it, so my DBF and I let them know they could use those fastpasses outside of the time stated. They were very surprised and so very glad to have the info.

I agree. If I ever hear someone saying wrong things about FP I'll just hand them my map folded to the whole FP explanation section.

DH and I shared a Space Mountain coaster with a dad and a little boy of about 6 or 7...didn't think anything of it...then on our way out past the dioramas, we hear this little voice behind us shouting to his dad:

"This was so much better without Mommy!" :rotfl:

We both cracked up.

That WILL be my son and husband on our next trip!

I heard a man yesterday outside of BTM tell his daughter" sweetie, if you dont stand up tall when the check your height, you wont be able to ride."

Well that's true. Not funny or un-funny...just true.

Just got back a couple of days ago......

But we were in one of the shops on Main Street in MK.....and there were 4 college students....One went up to an elderly cast member and asked him where his bathroom was.....well the cast member said you can't use my bathroom because I'm not home and besides you probably wouldn't make it.....but the stores bathroom is that way!!! LOL:rotfl:

I thought I would die laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But we were in one of the shops on Main Street in MK.....and there were 4 college students....One went up to an elderly cast member and asked him where his bathroom was.....well the cast member said you can't use my bathroom because I'm not home and besides you probably wouldn't make it.....but the stores bathroom is that way!!! LOL:rotfl:

Haha! That is great!

LOL!!!! I'll have to remember that next time I am asked that at work!

While waiting in line with my son to see Goofy @ POTC, there was a dad/son behind us. The boy (about 7) said he didn't care to get a pic with Goofy. His dad said, "Son, we need to get a picture made with your Mom's side of the family". :lmao:

Now...that right there is funny!!!:rotfl2:

Had a group of middle school students behind us on TOT. After we rode through to the actual elevator drop one boy screamed "I'D RATHER BE IN CLASS!".

My bf and I die laughing everytime we talk about it

It's not just Spanish that you run into that. So many terms used in the English Language in England if you go to America and say you'd get laughed at, looked at funny, or slapped. :rotfl:

Easily the most "famous" of these is the English term for a Cigarette or have a smoke, and the American meaning of that term.

thats nothing-fanny in english literally means the opposite of what it does in american....NEVER tell an English woman you're going to "pat her on the fanny" unless you want to get arrested or punched:rotfl:

thats nothing-fanny in english literally means the opposite of what it does in american....NEVER tell an English woman you're going to "pat her on the fanny" unless you want to get arrested or punched:rotfl:

About 30 years ago my parents had a British minister. A young lady hadn't attended church in over a month, so the pastor asked if anyone had heard from her. When no one responded, he said,"Maybe I should go by and knock her up." Everyone sat there staring, so he asked my dad what have I said now?

I have just read all 38 pages of these whilst at work-it is very hard not to laugh out loud....

I work with a couple on know-it-alls, husband and wife, doesn't matter what the topic of conversation, they can tell you better than you know yourself;) They have never been to Florida but obviously know far more than me...
Once during a conversation with the wife I mentioned Epcot, to which she replied-"Oh our son would love it there, he's fascinated by rockets and space"
:confused3
I'm guessing she thought Nasa launched from just next door to Mickey....

Back in 1999 took the parents to disney, last time they were there was in 1983. On the plane ride out they sat behind us and my DH and I could hear them talking on what they were going to do there for 5 days. Move forward a few hours after check in and on the bus to dinner as they are looking at the guide maps, they look at each other and say oh my 5 days is not enough. My DH and I looked at each and laughed. We just all went back last year for 6 days and according to my parents there is still so much they want to do. Problem is now they move at a slower pace so they require more days. LOL!

I wasn't actually there for these, but I read them on the boards some time ago and they just stayed with me:

A little boy who called Donald "Chicken Mickey".

A family was on POTC and they got to the part where there's a skeleton lying next to some treasure on the beach. The father told the kids, "That looks like your mother on our honeymoon." :scared1:

Someone got the seven dwarfs a little confused. Gropey and Dumpy! :lmao:

We were some of those clueless people once upon a time. Fifteen years ago, next week, we went to WDW for our honeymoon. We spent one day in Epcot and couldn't figure out what the big deal was.

Everyone was asking did we see these gardens or that movie. What??? We didn't see anything like that.

We did everything in the FW and when we got to WS we thought it was just a walk through exihbit and didn't realize you actually could go into the countries so we just followed the big path around the lake! :eek:

Now as we get ready for our 15th trip we laugh about that time and WS is now one of our favorite places. :)

The funniest thing I've ever heard came out of my grandaughter's mouth. I had taken her and her dad for her first trip to WDW the year before. She is a daredevil whereas her dad is a ride chicken. She wanted to go on Rock n Roller coaster. Her dad told her she was too small and would be scared. She put both hands on her hips and yelled, "you're the chicken not me". I told him I'd take her, but he insisted she would be scared and refused to let her. Exactly a year later (when she was about 8 y/o) I took her back by myself for a GM-GD trip. Before we left she kept talking about Rock n Roller coaster and how she was going to ride it. I asked my son and he just shrugged and said it was up to me, but she'd be scared. My GD again informed him that he was the coward not her and she wanted to ride it. I called my ex D-I-L to ask what she thought and she told me to take her on it, as she was a daredevil like her mom and she'd love it. We got to DS at rope drop and was the first in line. In fact, the CMs who were walking us back to the rides had to keep telling my GD to slow down and not get in front of them. I kept asking her if she was sure she wanted to ride it and she gave me the most disgusted look, said she had been looking forward to this for a whole year, and couldn't wait. Once we got on and pulled the overhead restraints down, she started asking where the seatbelts were and when told it had just overhead restraints, suddenly panicked. As the CM walked by checking everyone's restraint, my GD yelled 'what do you mean it doesn't have seat belts?'. The CM told her it was fine and to hold on. During the entire ride my normally calm GD screamed at the top of her lungs, "I'm falling out! I'm falling out!". As soon as we got off the ride I asked her if she was OK and she very quietly said she thought so. All the way through the gift shop and walking outside I asked her if she was sure she was OK and she'd just very quietly say "yeah, it wasn't that bad". I asked her if she wanted to ride it again and she said maybe, but could she think about it. Then suddenly just as we exited the building and walked outside where everyone was sitting on that little short wall waiting for family members, she turned, placed both hands on her hips, and screamed at the top of her lungs, "What were you thinking! I thought you loved me! I could have been killed!" When I reminded her that she insisted on riding. She yelled, "What do I know! I'm a kid, you're supposed to be the adult! Geez! My mom is not going to like this!". When I reminded her that I had asked both her mom and her dad about taking her on the ride. She gave me a disgusted look and said "What do they know? They aren't here!" Everyone in the vicinity had turned to look at her and started laughing. She looked right back at them and demanded to know what they were laughing at, as it wasn't funny, she could have been killed, and grandparents are supposed to take care of their grandkids. She then started stalking off muttering to herself about how adults shouldn't be responsible for kids.:rotfl::rotfl:

Very very funny !!! :rotfl2:

2 weeks ago DH and I were watching the MSEP.
The lady behind us was SO excited to see Snow White in the Pumpkin Carriage! She was even telling her daughter, "Here she comes!! Look at Snow White in the Carriage!!" SHe was saying it over & over again.
At first, I thought she was totally joking. But then I realized she WASN'T joking and really thought that Cinderella was indeed Snow White.

I wonder who she thought was with the 7 Dwarfs??? :confused3

:lmao:

not disney related, but just thought I'd share: I work in a restaurant, and it's amazing how often people ask me if I know where the restroom is. I answer "NO! you have to work here a month before they tell you! and I'm tired of crossing my legs!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter