One of the funniest things I've ever heard at WDW:

joybeth

Mouseketeer
We were in DHS on 12/12 in the early afternoon....probably about 1pm. We were back in the area of the Stunt Show and I heard a woman go up to one of the stands selling popcorn and pop and say "Excuse me, but are there any RIDES here?" She emphaised the word "Ride" like she was disapointed in what she had seen so far. It was a man and woman with kids on the older side....middle schoolish maybe.

I can't imagine spending that much money to take my family to a park and to have no clue what there was to do. And, to not even pick up a map on the way in???:confused3

Like I said, it was later in the day and they had made their way to the back of the park and had not found one "ride."

I can't even imagine....

jb

Last week, I overheard a conversation between two unrelated parties. One of them had just found out about Fastpass the previous day and the other was attempting to see all 4 parks in one day. It was quite an amusing conversation.

Last week, I overheard a conversation between two unrelated parties. One of them had just found out about Fastpass the previous day and the other was attempting to see all 4 parks in one day. It was quite an amusing conversation.

we do 4 parks in a day all the time.

On a breakfast bus to AKL:

Recorded spiel: "We're on our way to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, an African paradise where the animals roam freely ...."

Young boy (sounding worried): "Wait ... the animals roam free?"

Father: "Well, yeah ... but not between the tables."

My Mother at epcot:

'Mission: Space? Is that where the rockets launch from? I don't want to go one one of those, I don't like heights...'

Bless her, she is 70.

Oh, and another gem from the walking entertainment unit that is my Mother:

'Pirates of the Caribbean? I didn't realise we were so close to the Caribbean. How long does it take to get there?'

We were in DHS on 12/12 in the early afternoon....probably about 1pm. We were back in the area of the Stunt Show and I heard a woman go up to one of the stands selling popcorn and pop and say "Excuse me, but are there any RIDES here?" She emphaised the word "Ride" like she was disapointed in what she had seen so far. It was a man and woman with kids on the older side....middle schoolish maybe.

I can't imagine spending that much money to take my family to a park and to have no clue what there was to do. And, to not even pick up a map on the way in???:confused3

Like I said, it was later in the day and they had made their way to the back of the park and had not found one "ride."

I can't even imagine....

jb

Well, that might be one of the 'rideless' areas of all WDW. I love all the surroundings, but for a first timer...

I agree with the 'grab a map, will you?', though...

Mx

passing by a family on Main Street in MK, I heard the father to his son say, "but first we have to suffer through it's a small world for your mother..."

made me giggle ;)

To the OP.
Is it possible that the lady was referring to rides at the Stunt Show? I mean, really, who comes to Disney World without knowing that there are at least some rides at every park?
Oh, wait. That would be my mom. But I don't think she's been in Disney in over a year.
ETA:
To the previous Kimmer (no relation):
Again that sounds like something I would say to/about my mom. She would live on IASW if she could.

On the bus ride into Epcot I over heard a woman telling her son that they were going to ride Magic Mountain and how she couldn't wait to ride it... that it had been year! I was curious as to what she was referring to. LOL

Remember, 90%+ of guests have no plan at all. No TGM, no RM, no TP. Even with RM, I always grab a map, but I don't notice many other people doing so.

Some have a guidebook, but the vast majority of people turn their brains off when they go to Disney. Thank heavens for them--by evening they're waiting in the 90 minute line for Peter Pan, while we do three rides in that time.

On the bus ride into Epcot I over heard a woman telling her son that they were going to ride Magic Mountain and how she couldn't wait to ride it... that it had been year! I was curious as to what she was referring to. LOL
Probably Space Mountain, and didn't realize it was in MK.

"We've been lucky, we haven't had to ride the monorail at all because our hotel is right within walking distance to the Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney." - Overheard at Epcot

And the person who thought World Showcase was where she thought Soarin' was because she thought it was the Land. Then when I pointed out where the Land Pavilion was, she freaked out about how she would even get there.

I heard a group say "Guess what, there's a ride in the big silver ball thingee. It's called Spaceship Earth".

lol welll ! i do all 4 parks in one day all the time, just b/c iv done it a millions times and i can do it whenever i wants. I ususaly just hit up space mountain, splash montin, everest, tower of terror and rokin roller coaster...those are really the only thrills for me there : /

2 weeks ago DH and I were watching the MSEP.
The lady behind us was SO excited to see Snow White in the Pumpkin Carriage! She was even telling her daughter, "Here she comes!! Look at Snow White in the Carriage!!" SHe was saying it over & over again.
At first, I thought she was totally joking. But then I realized she WASN'T joking and really thought that Cinderella was indeed Snow White.

I wonder who she thought was with the 7 Dwarfs??? :confused3

2 weeks ago DH and I were watching the MSEP.
The lady behind us was SO excited to see Snow White in the Pumpkin Carriage! She was even telling her daughter, "Here she comes!! Look at Snow White in the Carriage!!" SHe was saying it over & over again.
At first, I thought she was totally joking. But then I realized she WASN'T joking and really thought that Cinderella was indeed Snow White.

I wonder who she thought was with the 7 Dwarfs??? :confused3

:rotfl2:

I went many years ago prior to having my own children. Sad thing is I don't remember a thing from the two trips ... not 1 ride, 1 show or where we even ate. I have to look at pictures and some things come back to me like Jafar making fun of me at a parade. We ate a nice hearty breakfast each morning off site and entered the parks around 10:30/11:00; afterall we were on vacation. :scared1: We were dead tired and falling into bed before 8:00 pm mostly cause we were :sick: with a cold or had a :headache: cause we didn't want to buy water in the park.

I don't recall experiencing any disney magic, didn't know it is exsisted or where to look for special things (hidden mickeys?, what, huh?). I also wondered how and why "all" those people got to enjoy their meals with the characters while I ate a burger and fries. :laughing: Boy do I feel stupid now! I don't even recall knowing there was anything in the evenings at the park, let alone attend them. I do remember picking up a brochure in the lobby of the hotel we stayed in when we first got there. I think we planned what parks that way. I think we even bought our tickets there. :guilty:

The funniest thing is as I plan this trip I am baffled by the trek to Magic Kingdom and wonder, "did I really miss all that or is the trek across the lake new(er)?" Monorail? I honestly don't remember anything but parking our car and walking to the park gate. :confused:

Access to the internet was not yet used like it is today. Gosh, so naive ..... I know so much more now. :surfweb: This is me now 24/7 in preparation for our trip in 22 days. :yay: I hope the trip is far more memorable for my family and me.

While riding a bus past the Swan/Dolphin a women said. Oh look I can see Epcot, Oh maybe not I think that is an aquarium.:rotfl:

I was sitting on a bench waiting to check in for our lunch ADR at the castle last week. :santa:

A little girl about 4 years old in a beautiful homemade Cinderella dress, tiara, bun in her hair sits down next to me.
She looks like the perfect princess. princess:

She starts singing "Jingle Bells, Batman smells Robin laid an egg!!" at the top of her voice. Her mom looks over at her horrified then we both just laughed....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter