Olympic Eating With Team GB ** COMPLETED - WDW & DCL**

Saturday 19th of May 2012

Sadly it was time to leave the ship :sad:

I tried to hide in the closet but DH dragged me out :(

As we had been on late dining, we didn’t have to be at breakfast at the crack of dawn and we were back in Animators Palate for our final meal of the cruise

4e8101c4.jpg

See Ya Real Soon Menu

In honour of our September road trip DH chose the aptly named Route 66

81dca01d.jpg

Route 66 - Scrambled eggs, bacon, grilled sausage, grilled ham, and hash browns

A really good, well cooked breakfast according to DH

Here's my selection

b28a546d.jpg

Natures Muesli & Natural Yoghurt

Yes muesli again, but I knew that in a couple of hours we’d be back with Mickey eating all the naughty stuff ;)

We said our farewells and slowly trudged off the ship but at least we weren’t heading home to the UK for another week

So that as they say, is that

I hope I have managed to give you all a few ideas for your ‘foodie wish lists’; as reading everyone else’s reviews on these boards has certainly helped me to do that over the years :goodvibes

Thanks so much for reading along ........

Thank-you.jpg

O-M-G how have I NEVER come across your Dining Reviews before now?!!! Please tell me :confused3

I particularly loved this report of WDW because you didn't do a Signature... my DH and I are going to WDW in less than 2 months and we usually do a lot of Signature but we're thinking of going more casual on our next trip and your report has been an inspiration for that... although I am taking a couple of smarter outfits just in case ;)

Really really good reviews Linda thank you for sharing those... never thought of doing Wolfgang Express for breakkie

LOVING your Fantasy review..... I look forward to the day I can get my butt sat down in Remy.... sounds divine!

I am so glad you are reading along, I love reading your latest TR :goodvibes
It's unusual for us not to do any signature restaurants but we figured that after a week of cruising we would prefer to go with the flow a little more than usual
We did have an ADR for Citricos but ended up cancelling in favour of Earl Of Sandwich :lmao:
Hope you do a TR for your next vacation :thumbsup2

I am late catching up, but I had to agree with other posters about a couple of things...

(1) Thank you for reviewing Mickey's Backyard BBQ! I would not be at all surprised if my dad and I end up there, or even my whole family one of these years. I never see it mentioned on here and the food looks surprisingly good! I will definitely remember that!

(2) I, also, would go to La Cantina de San Angel just for the apple and caramel dessert. It looks luscious!

Thanks again for sharing all of your fabulous reviews with us! :thumbsup2

You are more than welcome, glad you enjoyed reading them :goodvibes

You're killin' me Linda!! :rotfl2: Your DH's tenderloin with the two sauces at Palo looks amazing. :thumbsup2 I have never seen a dessert ravioli before, definitely an original concept there. All the food on your cruise looks amazing! After every description and photo I practically shout "Amen sista" keep it coming! :lmao:

Honestly, I have to admit that the main reason I love to cruise is the endless food and the wonderful service that accompanies it. I definitely get cruise withdrawals once we get off the ship.

We never thought we would get so hooked on cruising but our week on The Fantasy was just amazing :cool1:
We can't wait to do the Alaska Cruise next year!

Yes, we are! :woohoo: I cannot wait - we have been bitten by the cruise bug - BAD!!!!!! :rotfl2:
If all works out as planned (hurricane season, you know) we will have three days at CC as we are doing a double dip back to back with a regular 4 nighter. :goodvibes

I hae bookmarked your thread as we are doing an Eastern and a Western Caribbean back to back on the Fantasy next year!
Lots of interesting tips on here. :hug: :thumbsup2

I love that you have lots of vacations booked as we get to read another fab Dizneeat dining review and TR ::yes::

Alright so I'm not even fashionably late to the party but its already OVER! I just wanted to say I read your entire thread last night and loved your reviews! Great job and thanks for sharing!!

I can't wait to dine at a few of the places in October! (Doing a lot of signature's so not much overlaps but still nice to read the other reviews!)

Wow, the whole review in on go .... you deserve a medal :flower3:

I am literally pouting because your report has finished. I love your style and sense of humour but above all it's so great to get a good dining reporter that emphasises fish and veggie dishes (we don't eat meat either).

Really interested in your Route 66 trip - any chance you'll be blogging it (or that the moderaters here would turn a blind eye to the absence of "mices")?

Linda, what a great finish! I have not been on DCL so thanks for explaining the animation activity so well. My cartoon would definitely not be fit for viewing since stick figures have zero personality!! Very well done with your drawings!! :thumbsup2

Thanks again for sharing all of the wonderful food, beverages, cocktails, and stories behind your awesome holiday!! :goodvibes

Thank you for all of your reviews! So glad you decided to review the cruise food as well. Hopefully we'll make it on one someday soon!:flower3:

O-M-G how have I NEVER come across your Dining Reviews before now?!!! Please tell me :confused3

I particularly loved this report of WDW because you didn't do a Signature... my DH and I are going to WDW in less than 2 months and we usually do a lot of Signature but we're thinking of going more casual on our next trip and your report has been an inspiration for that... although I am taking a couple of smarter outfits just in case ;)

Really really good reviews Linda thank you for sharing those... never thought of doing Wolfgang Express for breakkie

LOVING your Fantasy review..... I look forward to the day I can get my butt sat down in Remy.... sounds divine!

Loved your reviews. I will be going on the eastern caribbean fantasy in september and i have both remy and palo booked. I haven't dedcied if i'm going to do to the wine paring. Might be a bit too much alchol .

Thanks so much for another wonderful dining review Linda, I thoroughly enjoyed reading all about your culinary adventures! I hope you return to the World soon so I can drool over your selections again! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Thanks for giving me so many ideas for next summer, Linda!
I really, really, really enjoyed your reviews! (as always ;)) It is always fun to travel along with you and I hope you'll return to WDW and DCL VERY soon.

Oh, and I would love to read about your Route 66 trip too! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the great reviews:thumbsup2

I have just twigged on that you are going on Route 66 - how lucky are you! We were just watching Billy Connolly on the TV taking the same trip on his bike :) Are you starting in Chicago?

I am literally pouting because your report has finished. I love your style and sense of humour but above all it's so great to get a good dining reporter that emphasises fish and veggie dishes (we don't eat meat either).

Really interested in your Route 66 trip - any chance you'll be blogging it (or that the moderaters here would turn a blind eye to the absence of "mices")?

Thanks for reading along, hope I've given you some good veggie/fishy option for future trips :goodvibes
Hadn't really thought about how I would document my R66 trip, perhaps over on the UK TR board :confused3

Linda, what a great finish! I have not been on DCL so thanks for explaining the animation activity so well. My cartoon would definitely not be fit for viewing since stick figures have zero personality!! Very well done with your drawings!! :thumbsup2

Thanks again for sharing all of the wonderful food, beverages, cocktails, and stories behind your awesome holiday!! :goodvibes

You are very welcome, I am so looking forward to your next batch of reviews :goodvibes

Thank you for all of your reviews! So glad you decided to review the cruise food as well. Hopefully we'll make it on one someday soon!:flower3:

I hope you get to cruise one day soon :thumbsup2

Loved your reviews. I will be going on the eastern caribbean fantasy in september and i have both remy and palo booked. I haven't dedcied if i'm going to do to the wine paring. Might be a bit too much alchol .

Oh I am sure you will love both Remy and Palo. The wine pairing pours are fairly small and I didn't finish every glass but I really enjoyed learning about the wines and why they had been selected for each particular dish :)

Thanks so much for another wonderful dining review Linda, I thoroughly enjoyed reading all about your culinary adventures! I hope you return to the World soon so I can drool over your selections again! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Thanks for reading along, we are cruising with DCL next June but it's November 2013 before I get back to the World .... I need everyone's reviews to keep me going :flower3:

Thanks for giving me so many ideas for next summer, Linda!
I really, really, really enjoyed your reviews! (as always ;)) It is always fun to travel along with you and I hope you'll return to WDW and DCL VERY soon.

Oh, and I would love to read about your Route 66 trip too! :thumbsup2

Thanks Karin, do you have a PTR by the way?, I must check it out :goodvibes

Really great reviews. I enjoyed reading them so much!!!!

Thanks! glad you enjoyed them :wave2:

Thanks for the great reviews:thumbsup2

I have just twigged on that you are going on Route 66 - how lucky are you! We were just watching Billy Connolly on the TV taking the same trip on his bike :) Are you starting in Chicago?

Yep Route 66 starting in Chicago ending in Santa Monica, we can't wait :cool1:

Thanks so much for your reviews! I was able to book Palo dinner and brunch and Remy dinner last night for my October cruise! Hopefully I can get Remy lunch onboard as well.

I would love to read your Rte 66 review! You have to try Ted Drewe's custard in St Louis and the Big Texan in Amarillo, TX.

Here is a good list of restaurants along Route 66.

http://route66news.com/restaurants-on-route-66-3/

Jill in CO

Simply put - You are my hero !! Thank you so much. This is the best food report. DH and I are so excited for our September cruise.:worship:

The wifi in our room is finally working, so I've been happily catching up on your reviews on my computer screen (taking a break before dinner, and then off to EMH at MK). I'm sad to see the reviews come to an end, but it was such fun hearing about your cruise. The personalized Animator’s Palate show sounds so cool! And it's worrisome that your pictures are making me hungry even though I'm full right now. :rotfl:

Yep Route 66 starting in Chicago ending in Santa Monica, we can't wait :cool1:

Hey Linda...I live on Route 66!!! Yep, just a couple of hours south of Chicago in the lovely little town of Lexington. :thumbsup2

And if you like cheesecake, we have this wonderful little cheesecake shop that opened recently. You can check out their facebook page in case you are interested. It's called "That's So Sweet" in Lexington, Illinois.

If you do end up stopping by, let me know and I'll meet you there...as I work just down the street. (which is both a good thing and a bad thing, if you know what I mean ;)) ---Barb

I would love to read your Rte 66 review! You have to try Ted Drewe's custard in St Louis and the Big Texan in Amarillo, TX.

Jill in CO

I just looked at this restaurant list and I've actually eaten at most of the ones listed beginning with those in Chicago and through the ones in Bloomington, Illinois. I guess I do a lot of eating! :lmao: So anyway, if you have any questions regarding this part of your trip, feel free to ask. :thumbsup2

I've also been to the Big Texan restaurant that Jill mentioned. We got to see a guy devour a 72 oz. steak in less than an hour! :eek: The things some people will do for a free hunk of beef. :rotfl:

Oh, and I too would love it if you do a Rt. 66 review! :thumbsup2

What a great report! Thanks for sharing your cruise photos with us too! I really want to take DH on a Disney Cruise soon. Hopefully some of your food pictures can sway him into trying it next trip. :thumbsup2

Any more Disney trips planned? I need more great DRs to look forward to!

Thanks so much for your reviews! I was able to book Palo dinner and brunch and Remy dinner last night for my October cruise! Hopefully I can get Remy lunch onboard as well.

Jill in CO

Oh wow, thanks for this list - I've just been checking some of the restaurants out
I have already started one list of 'must eats' and both Ted Drewe's and the Big Texan are on it ........... now I have a ton more places to add :cool1:

Simply put - You are my hero !! Thank you so much. This is the best food report. DH and I are so excited for our September cruise.:worship:

Aww, thanks so much. I hope you and your DH have an amazing cruise :goodvibes

The wifi in our room is finally working, so I've been happily catching up on your reviews on my computer screen (taking a break before dinner, and then off to EMH at MK). I'm sad to see the reviews come to an end, but it was such fun hearing about your cruise. The personalized Animator’s Palate show sounds so cool! And it's worrisome that your pictures are making me hungry even though I'm full right now. :rotfl:

Oh of course, you are there right now you lucky thing ...... say hello to Mickey make sure to grab a dole whip swirl for me :thumbsup2

Hey Linda...I live on Route 66!!! Yep, just a couple of hours south of Chicago in the lovely little town of Lexington. :thumbsup2

And if you like cheesecake, we have this wonderful little cheesecake shop that opened recently. You can check out their facebook page in case you are interested. It's called "That's So Sweet" in Lexington, Illinois.

If you do end up stopping by, let me know and I'll meet you there...as I work just down the street. (which is both a good thing and a bad thing, if you know what I mean ;)) ---Barb

Thanks so much for the tip, I love cheescake :lovestruc
It would be fun to say hello
I'm going to go and check out their face book page right now :goodvibes

I just looked at this restaurant list and I've actually eaten at most of the ones listed beginning with those in Chicago and through the ones in Bloomington, Illinois. I guess I do a lot of eating! :lmao: So anyway, if you have any questions regarding this part of your trip, feel free to ask. :thumbsup2

I've also been to the Big Texan restaurant that Jill mentioned. We got to see a guy devour a 72 oz. steak in less than an hour! :eek: The things some people will do for a free hunk of beef. :rotfl:

Oh, and I too would love it if you do a Rt. 66 review! :thumbsup2

It's funny, when I book a Disney trip one of the first things I plan is the food but for this trip I haven't really thought about it ..... well I am now! :rotfl:

What a great report! Thanks for sharing your cruise photos with us too! I really want to take DH on a Disney Cruise soon. Hopefully some of your food pictures can sway him into trying it next trip. :thumbsup2

Any more Disney trips planned? I need more great DRs to look forward to!

Thanks for reading :goodvibes
No more Disney trips this year but we have a DCL Alaska Cruise booked for June next year and then we will be back in WDW in November
Ooh, I hope to sneak in a trip to Disneyland Paris early next year to ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter