OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Im not staying at OKW until September 2016 but how do i go about making a room request? Can i do it via email or the MME site?

Im not staying at OKW until September 2016 but how do i go about making a room request? Can i do it via email or the MME site?
If you're a DVC member, the best way to make requests is by contacting member services either by phone or email. If you want to be near the hospitality area, that is a booking category for DVC and is confirmed at time of booking. For cash guests through Disney, it is only a request and may not be available when you check in. At OKW it is best to try to keep your requests general, like Old Turtle Pond area, or near a bus stop. This can be done if you do online check in through MyDisneyExperience.

We are new DVC members and I was interested if anyone had a feel for the availabity of OKW grand villas at the 7 month mark. Is Thanksgiving a possibility?

We are new DVC members and I was interested if anyone had a feel for the availabity of OKW grand villas at the 7 month mark. Is Thanksgiving a possibility?
This used to be a "no way" answer for OKW GV's at the 7-month mark. However, with all the newer resorts I think things have opened up a bit.
However, I notice you are thinking about the Thanksgiving timeframe. That's going to be really difficult. Maybe some pixiedust:will help

We have an ADR for Boatwrights, and may be going to POR for a couple of counter service meals also as I am GF, and they seems to have some amazing options for me.
Is there a boat that goes from OKW to POR and back, or would we have to take boat to DD, the a different one back to POR. We will have a car, so if that`s the case, we`ll just drive.
The best way to get to POR will be by car. The OKW boat docks at the west end of Downtown Disney and the POR boat docks at the east end. You would have to take a second boat to go from the west dock to the east dock. It would take a really long time.

If we are at the stop at Turtle Pond, is there a bus that comes that says Magic Kingdom, that would go directly there after a couple stops to pick people up in other areas, or do we have to go to HH first, then get on the MK bus.
We were in the Turtle Pond area and the park buses make two more stops before going to the park, one at Miller Road and then the final stop at Hospitality House before they go to the park.

Leaving in 8 days for a stay in a 2Bdrm villa:love:
A couple of transportation questions.
We have an ADR for Boatwrights, and may be going to POR for a couple of counter service meals also as I am GF, and they seems to have some amazing options for me.
Is there a boat that goes from OKW to POR and back, or would we have to take boat to DD, the a different one back to POR. We will have a car, so if that`s the case, we`ll just drive.
Also, we didn't get our waitlist for HH, and requested Turtle Pond.
If we are going to DD, can we drive to the HH area, park and take the boat.
And another one...when going to MK, I read that it`s easier or quicker to take the bus.
If we are at the stop at Turtle Pond, is there a bus that comes that says Magic Kingdom, that would go directly there after a couple stops to pick people up in other areas, or do we have to go to HH first, then get on the MK bus.

Thanks....getting so excited to be back:flower1:
Just had a laugh. Saw you said you were GF. I thought what does being the girl friend have to do with eating at POR. Then I thought, oh, you own at Grand Floridian and eat there at the counter service. Finally, I realized you meant Gluten Free.

We need to change the abbreviations. :crazy2: Maybe GiF for Girl Friend. GrF for Grand Floridian. and GFree for Gluten free. Or spell it all out.

Another wonderful stay at OKW last week. We had a split stay. Spent the first 5 nights in room 4011. A one bedroom unit.
11215762_10153137151240829_8700304526546596083_n.jpg
This was my wonderful view.
Then we transfered to a studio room 1615. Another wonderful view.
11049590_10153150334700829_403998164289531209_n.jpg

Can't wait till we go back in November.

We'll be in a studio in the Turtle Pond area next month. I hope we'll have as nice a view as that, but I'm imaging the studios typically have the worst views of all the units, stuck on the ends of the buildings as they are. I've only ever stayed in 1 bdrm units @ OKW and had some marvelous views in Southpointe, but my last 1 bdrm in Turtle Pond was completely obstructed by overgrown trees in 2013.

We'll be in a studio in the Turtle Pond area next month. I hope we'll have as nice a view as that, but I'm imaging the studios typically have the worst views of all the units, stuck on the ends of the buildings as they are. I've only ever stayed in 1 bdrm units @ OKW and had some marvelous views in Southpointe, but my last 1 bdrm in Turtle Pond was completely obstructed by overgrown trees in 2013.
While MOST studios are indeed at the ends of the buildings, there are a handful of studios in the middle of their respective buildings, in the crossbar of the two or three U-shaped buildings. Some of these studios have no front windows, with a mirror in that area instead, other than that, they are the same.

Enjoying our water view, courtesy of a huge thunderstorm.

I feel for the people in the parks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 49
Another wonderful stay at OKW last week. We had a split stay. Spent the first 5 nights in room 4011. A one bedroom unit.
View attachment 116037
This was my wonderful view.

This is a perfect example of why "Best view" is so subjective. We also stayed in building 40 once, and really disliked the view-no golf! Yet, at another DVC resort, someone complained about the "terrible" view they had in a villa that we absolutely loved the view from.

Staying at OKW in November in a 1 Bedroom. What kitchen equipment comes in the kitchenette?
A one bedroom villa has a full kitchen completely equipped. You should have most (or all) of the following:

Kitchen

Beverage Glasses 8
Broiler Pan
Cereal Bowls 8
Coffee
Coffee Maker
Coffee Mugs 8
Colander
Cookie Sheet
Cookware Set 11 piece
Covered 2 Quart Casserole
Creamer/Sugar Bowl Set
Cutting Board
Dinner Plates 8
Dish Drainer
Dish Towel
Dish Detergent
Dishwasher Detergent
Grater
Ice Bucket
Juice Glasses 8
Measuring Cup
Mixing Bowl - 3 piece set
Oblong 3 Quart Dish
Pitcher
Platter
Pot Holders 2
Recycle Basket
Salad Bowl
Salad Plates 8
Storage Containers 3
Toaster
Vegetable Bowl
Wastebasket
Wine Glasses 8

Kitchen Drawers

Bottle Opener
Bread Knife
Can Opener
Corkscrew
Cutlery Tray
Dinner Forks 8
Dinner Knives 8
Measuring Spoon set
Paring Knife
Roaster Slicer
Salad Forks 8
Serving Fork
Slotted Spoon
Serving Spoon
Soup Ladle
Soup Spoons 8
Spatula
Sponge
Steak Knives 8
Tablespoons 2
Teaspoons 8
Tongs 1
Vegetable Peeler
Whisk​

We just returned from OKW in July. Our room was in Turtle Pond Rd area very close to the pool. The sign at the pool said the hours of the pool are 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM. People (including us) frequently swam much later than that. Another guest told us that he was told it is a 24 hour pool when he checked in. One night we were in the pool and chatting with the security guard and it was past 1:00 am and he didn't say anything about the pool being closed. He told us that they had a report of a streaker there the night before and he was giving the area some extra attention.

On a side note, we loved Turtle Pond. I would rather stay there than HH any day. Parking was plentiful and there were always washers and dryers available. I would just get a different building. We were in building 42 and it was pretty close to the main road.

Can anyone tell me what size the coffeemaker is in the villas? Seeing as I have early park plans, and not morning people, this will be key to our survival.

Can anyone tell me what size the coffeemaker is in the villas? Seeing as I have early park plans, and not morning people, this will be key to our survival.
It is a ten cup Mr Coffe type coffee maker which used a basket filter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter