Ok you guys...its on, the LIVE Nicki and Todd..Summer edition!

Sun wrinkled! What is the sun? Haven't seen that here in ages...all it does is rain and be cloudy. And my wrinkles are natural...but then I've got 14 years on you! :scared1:

I try to put sunscreen on but hey, I have good olive oil Italian skin and I need the sun!

So glad you guys are home safe and sound. Thanks Kathy for letting us know. :hug:

Ahhh..a wrinkle....bless your heart. :hug:

Don't think I've ever given a wrinkle a thought and certainly not these days - I might get worried that I could scare a small child!!:rotfl2:

Ooo, must have been posting at the same time - aww, that little Remy is soo cute, even for a rat! ::yes::

For a minute when I saw the photo with the blond woman side view, I thought, what's Mia doing there?? She's looks just like DD from the side. too funny!

Wrinkles, dimples whatever you call them I am getting them, and now DH is on my back about having a kid...dude where have you been the last 19 years??? When I was ready you were not and now vice versa...so who knows, maybe next year it will be 2 + and infant??

I don't know whose sadder that you are no longer at WDW....you or me! :lmao: No more living vicariously through Nicki's live reviews!

Seriously, thank you so much for posting these....you really do make your readers feel like they are there with you, and that really helps in passing the times between trips for all of us Disney obsessed folks at home!

I am very happy to help! I am feeling the Disney blues...can I still make ressies to go out tonight? The thought of going out to the grocery store is scary!

Nicki, thank you so much for taking us along on this trip! I'll be looking forward to October....nothing better than being an armchair traveler on a MickeyNicki WDW trip!!

Kathy was right - you are so much fun and your Dis "blogs' are absolutely the best!! :hug:

Oh thank you so much, I am glad you had fun following along! You are a sweetie! We will be there Oct 22-Nov 1st...I am sure Kath will get my butt in gear and start a pre-trip dining review the week before I leave so look out for it!

Dh finally picked me up at the Swan around 6:30 and he was just whipped..and not hungry so we just got on the road to go home, he has another meeting in Ft Myers today so he just wanted to sleep. Bummer cuz I was hoping to eat at WPE for a nice salad!

Guess what my dinner was?? Chicken nuggets from McDonalds! They were not that bad, this from a girl that just at at BlueZoo, Cali Grill and Flying Fish :rotfl:

We did alot of talking about our Oct trip and what we decided to do is the 3 nights at POFQ (that didnt change) but we cancelled our CL room at the BWI and decided to stay regular BWI and saved $800...to us it doesnt make sense to spend that kind of money when we will only eat breakfast in the lounge and I am too OCD to have the IPO do my ressies...I would rather spend the $800 on signature meals and booze and F&W snacks....oh yeah and the spa!

Thank you guys for sticking with me, I have enjoyed writing this review for you and loved your comments and chatting with you too! No one could ever understand our Disney obsession like all of you!

Now, just 4 more months until the next edition of the Nicki and Todd show, this time for 10 nights/11 days and no solo days (boo)! Can you imagine how many times I am going to change things around in the next 4 months?

Here is what I am thinking though, give me some feedback!

BREAKFAST
Kona
Boma (or TH)
Cape May
and CS places like Main Street Bakery, BWI Bakery, Starring Rolls

LUNCH
Sci Fi
Chefs de France
ESPN
Tutto Italia
Grand Floridian Tea
and tons of CS places but mostly F&W

DINNER

50's PT
Cali Grill
FF
Citricos
WP Cafe
BlueZoo
Il Mulino
Jiko
Wave
Paradiso 37

Either my eyes are bad...or I DON'T SEE FULTON'S ON THE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I try to put sunscreen on but hey, I have good olive oil Italian skin and I need the sun!

Wrinkles, dimples whatever you call them I am getting them, and now DH is on my back about having a kid...dude where have you been the last 19 years??? When I was ready you were not and now vice versa...so who knows, maybe next year it will be 2 + and infant??

What???????????????? Ooh....a baby food critic!

Oh thank you so much, I am glad you had fun following along! You are a sweetie! We will be there Oct 22-Nov 1st...I am sure Kath will get my butt in gear and start a pre-trip dining review the week before I leave so look out for it!

You bet your bootie I'll be on your tail!

Thanks for another great dining report! I really enjoyed reading your reviews and looking at the photos. The menu photos were really nice, too, since the online menus are not as complete...

You have me rethinking a couple of our ADRs for our upcoming trip, too!

I can't believe that you didn't photograph your McDonalds meal, though.:rotfl:

The bill came to $75 not including tip. So we blew our first night dinner on a bomb. DH was right, the only place eating at in DTD is Fultons and WPE. Oh well you live and learn right?

Okay, I am SO late joining in! But, am super excited to read all these reviews! :goodvibes I will try and catch up...

Raglan Road--wow, what a yucky meal you had! So sorry...we really enjoyed our Jan lunch there, seems like it was vastly different. This makes me want to rethink returning...actually, we ate at the other location in Kansas City in March (passing through on a car trip) and it was MUCH better than the one in DTD (and we enjoyed our meal in DTD...) The restaurant itself was gorgeous, brand new, and the food was a step up in freshness and quality. Plus, they served us differently, i.e., the manager came over and took our--very moist and fabulous--bread and butter pudding out and put it on the plate, cut in half, and poured both sauces all over. WOW! This drastically changed the dessert, for the better. He said it was "how they do it." However, I was confused since they did not in Orlando. :confused3 Anyway, maybe the DTD location needs to revamp and take a lesson from their newer location! We also briefly met the head chef, who must have been there overseeing things, he was very friendly.

Can't wait to keep reading, Nicki! :flower3:

OMG!!! These rooms look so awesome! Thanks for the pics!:)

You are welcome :goodvibes

Dh finally picked me up at the Swan around 6:30 and he was just whipped..and not hungry so we just got on the road to go home, he has another meeting in Ft Myers today so he just wanted to sleep. Bummer cuz I was hoping to eat at WPE for a nice salad!

Guess what my dinner was?? Chicken nuggets from McDonalds! They were not that bad, this from a girl that just at at BlueZoo, Cali Grill and Flying Fish :rotfl:

We did alot of talking about our Oct trip and what we decided to do is the 3 nights at POFQ (that didnt change) but we cancelled our CL room at the BWI and decided to stay regular BWI and saved $800...to us it doesnt make sense to spend that kind of money when we will only eat breakfast in the lounge and I am too OCD to have the IPO do my ressies...I would rather spend the $800 on signature meals and booze and F&W snacks....oh yeah and the spa!

Thank you guys for sticking with me, I have enjoyed writing this review for you and loved your comments and chatting with you too! No one could ever understand our Disney obsession like all of you!

Now, just 4 more months until the next edition of the Nicki and Todd show, this time for 10 nights/11 days and no solo days (boo)! Can you imagine how many times I am going to change things around in the next 4 months?

BREAKFAST
Kona
Boma (or TH)
Cape May

LUNCH
Sci Fi
Chefs de France
ESPN
Tutto Italia
Grand Floridian Tea

DINNER

50's PT
Cali Grill
FF
Citricos
WP Cafe
BlueZoo
Il Mulino
Jiko
Wave
Paradiso 37

Glad you made it home safe & sound :hug:

I don't blame you for dropping CL for more food & booze money, it's good for all of us because you'll have more to report on :cool1:

Loving your ideas for fall dinner :thumbsup2 TiW isn't accepted at bluezoo or Il Mulino, right?

We're still trying to decide between bluezoo, FF & Bistro de Paris for our anniversary dinner next month. DH is leaning towards Bistro right now, and I'm thinking we probably can't go wrong at any of them.

4 months for another dining review from you?!??! I don't think I can wait that long!!!! LOL! Glad you made it home safe and sound and THANK YOU for your wonderful live reports! :lovestruc:worship:

Either my eyes are bad...or I DON'T SEE FULTON'S ON THE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You bet your bootie I'll be on your tail!

Oh crap, I forgot Fultons, How the heck did I do that...You know that we will do Fultons, I guess I will take off the Wave since we have already done that one....can you imagine? My kid will be barely able to speak but I will pester it for food reviews!

Thanks for another great dining report! I really enjoyed reading your reviews and looking at the photos. The menu photos were really nice, too, since the online menus are not as complete...

You have me rethinking a couple of our ADRs for our upcoming trip, too!

I can't believe that you didn't photograph your McDonalds meal, though.:rotfl:

Well I was driving and the camera was in the back, otherwise I probably would have! So happy the menus help you out, the one prob is I send them into WDWInfo and Allearsnet and they never update them....oh well I tried

Okay, I am SO late joining in! But, am super excited to read all these reviews! :goodvibes I will try and catch up...

Raglan Road--wow, what a yucky meal you had! So sorry...we really enjoyed our Jan lunch there, seems like it was vastly different. This makes me want to rethink returning...actually, we ate at the other location in Kansas City in March (passing through on a car trip) and it was MUCH better than the one in DTD (and we enjoyed our meal in DTD...) The restaurant itself was gorgeous, brand new, and the food was a step up in freshness and quality. Plus, they served us differently, i.e., the manager came over and took our--very moist and fabulous--bread and butter pudding out and put it on the plate, cut in half, and poured both sauces all over. WOW! This drastically changed the dessert, for the better. He said it was "how they do it." However, I was confused since they did not in Orlando. :confused3 Anyway, maybe the DTD location needs to revamp and take a lesson from their newer location! We also briefly met the head chef, who must have been there overseeing things, he was very friendly.

Can't wait to keep reading, Nicki! :flower3:

Sounds like I need to visit the RR that you went to! Have a great time catching up and any questions just ask away!

You are welcome :goodvibes

Glad you made it home safe & sound :hug:

I don't blame you for dropping CL for more food & booze money, it's good for all of us because you'll have more to report on :cool1:

Loving your ideas for fall dinner :thumbsup2 TiW isn't accepted at bluezoo or Il Mulino, right?

We're still trying to decide between bluezoo, FF & Bistro de Paris for our anniversary dinner next month. DH is leaning towards Bistro right now, and I'm thinking we probably can't go wrong at any of them.

Chelle, your pics of CBR Pirate Room are great, makes me want to stay there! I am still bummed out that we missed each other but maybe next time! Yes, by dumping CL I will have more CS and maybe TS to report...and of course mixed drinks! YEE HAW! Did you see the new menu pics of Bistro that I posted? Looks pretty good, have not been to that one yet but I will tell ya, BlueZoo was more romantic and tranquil than FF...both had good food but for an anniversary I say BlueZoo. No TIW at the Swan/Dolphin resorts...bummer

4 months for another dining review from you?!??! I don't think I can wait that long!!!! LOL! Glad you made it home safe and sound and THANK YOU for your wonderful live reports! :lovestruc:worship:

I dont think I can wait either...we may take a weekender in August but we dont know yet....maybe I can win the lotto?! Thank you for reading my reviews!

Thanks for another great review. Chefs is on my list for August and I am even more excited now.

Can't wait for your October review. popcorn:: The plans look great to me, but you are the expert. :thumbsup2

BREAKFAST
Kona
Boma (or TH)
Cape May

LUNCH
Sci Fi
Chefs de France
ESPN
Tutto Italia
Grand Floridian Tea

DINNER

50's PT
Cali Grill
FF
Citricos
WP Cafe
BlueZoo
Il Mulino
Jiko
Wave
Paradiso 37

It's def. worth saving the money on CL if you only do breakfast, and don't need the IPO. We cut it out, only because I wanted another night, and felt like it would be better to stay at a mod. instead of deluxe. (plus it pays the trip off faster, and leaves more $$$ for other, more important things... like food for instance ;) )

Your line up looks great! A lot of yummy food! After reading your YUMMY reviews, we may have to splurge on the Cali Grill or Bluezoo... (though I think Cait would LOVE the FF! ~she's a seafood girl)

Here's what we're planning so far, Can't wait for October!!!

Breakfast:
Akershus, Boma, TH, CP, maybe Maya Grill
Writer's Stop (can't believe you didn't have that on your list), Main St. Bakery & Starring Rolls

Lunch:
Biergarten, Sci-Fi (or Mama Melrose), Les Chefs (or Tutto),
Sunshine Seasons, CHH, CR's & other CS (we haven't decided yet)
Possibly the GFC for Tea, it was on the list, then off, then on... who knows.

Dinner:
The Wave, Kona Cafe, and Tony's.
Some CS too...like Tang. Cafe & WPE.

Of course, we'll also be hitting the booths at the F&W, and the boozy drinks (for ME!)

I still think you would like TH breakfast... It's so much like Boma, but with characters (oh, and more kids... though, hopefully they'll be better behaved. Hum, maybe Boma would be quieter.)

We may end up going to some TS places just for appies and dessert (oh, and drinks...)

Thanks for the wonderful reviews! So sad that it is over, but we BOTH have October to look forward to! :cool1:

BREAKFAST
Kona
Boma (or TH)
Cape May

LUNCH
Sci Fi
Chefs de France
ESPN
Tutto Italia
Grand Floridian Tea

DINNER[/SIZE]
50's PT
Cali Grill
FF
Citricos
WP Cafe
BlueZoo
Il Mulino
Jiko
Wave
Paradiso 37

I am so sad your trip is over and really looking forward to the next one! Great choices you have picked! Mom & Son will "eat the world" again in December (with Dad) on Deluxe Dining but only for 6 days. I really want to try mostly Signatures partly to get out of the crowds in the Park. Jiko is a must after DS's sick last year. Also planning Flying Fish (an absolute must)Citricos, Yachtman & Artist Point (DH's request). Planning on New Year's Eve in EPCOT so I will be calling right at 7am on my 90 day mark. Thinking about Tutto for lunch and Tokyo Dining for dinner. What do you think? On our other EPCOT day I am stumped for lunch. That was the day we had planned Nine Dragons. Dinner will be at the Yachtman so I don't really want to do Le Cellier (even if I could get in!). I am kinda stumped for that day.

Really want to try Paradiso 37 but they aren't on the dining plan and our trip just isn't long enough to justify paying OOP. Oh well, I will live vicariously thru you! :laughing:

Greetings from Disneyland Paris, Nicki!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

Thank you for all your reviews! Had to :lmao: , as we are going to meet Remy this weekend too! He must have a really fast plane to visit guests in restaurants in WDW and DLRP!

Nicki, your dinner plans for next time sound great! :thumbsup2
We decided last year that we REALLY like signature dining better than "regular" dining. This year we are going to Yachtsman twice, Cali Grill, Flying Fish, Narcoosee's and Citrico's. We're going to Puck's for lunch one day. Of course we LOVE Kona so we're going there for dinner, too.

I did let IPO make my ADRs for me this time, and it went OK. Yesterday I called to mess with some stuff, and that may have been a mistake. I cancelled Coral Reef and Boma because we have been there, done that, and can always hit them again next year. Added Citrico's in place of Boma. The IPO lady booked it for SEPTEMBER instead of August. I caught it after I got home last night, so I had to call the regular Dining line to fix it. :headache: I also added lunch at Sci Fi by calling myself, because I decided on that after I already called IPO. :rolleyes1

Nicki, Thank you for all your wonderful reviews. I feel like my vacation is over now. You write so well- I thought I was dining with you.:)

Thanks for the wonderful reviews!! Your dining plans for October look great - I can't wait to read that review as well!

Thanks for another great review. Chefs is on my list for August and I am even more excited now.

Can't wait for your October review. popcorn:: The plans look great to me, but you are the expert. :thumbsup2

Expert Smexpert...I just love to eat ha ha! I really enjoyed Chefs..the food was excellent!

It's def. worth saving the money on CL if you only do breakfast, and don't need the IPO. We cut it out, only because I wanted another night, and felt like it would be better to stay at a mod. instead of deluxe. (plus it pays the trip off faster, and leaves more $$$ for other, more important things... like food for instance ;) )

Your line up looks great! A lot of yummy food! After reading your YUMMY reviews, we may have to splurge on the Cali Grill or Bluezoo... (though I think Cait would LOVE the FF! ~she's a seafood girl)

Your plans look great but if you are like me I am sure you will change them a million times too! Thanks for backing me up on cancelling CL...it just makes more sense for us I guess...but the lack of good breakfast places (CS) at the BWI is a bummer, I can only eat the BWI so long ya know? If Cait loves seafood you should take her to BlueZoo instead, they have a very large seafood menu!

Thanks for the wonderful reviews! So sad that it is over, but we BOTH have October to look forward to! :cool1:

Oct cannot come fast enough can it? Thanks for reading and I hope to catch your reviews this fall!

I am so sad your trip is over and really looking forward to the next one! Great choices you have picked! Mom & Son will "eat the world" again in December (with Dad) on Deluxe Dining but only for 6 days. I really want to try mostly Signatures partly to get out of the crowds in the Park. Jiko is a must after DS's sick last year. Also planning Flying Fish (an absolute must)Citricos, Yachtman & Artist Point (DH's request). Planning on New Year's Eve in EPCOT so I will be calling right at 7am on my 90 day mark. Thinking about Tutto for lunch and Tokyo Dining for dinner. What do you think? On our other EPCOT day I am stumped for lunch. That was the day we had planned Nine Dragons. Dinner will be at the Yachtman so I don't really want to do Le Cellier (even if I could get in!). I am kinda stumped for that day.

Really want to try Paradiso 37 but they aren't on the dining plan and our trip just isn't long enough to justify paying OOP. Oh well, I will live vicariously thru you! :laughing:

Cannot wait for your reviews, I love them! You have some fantastic places picked, I want to try Artist Point but i never hear much about it.....I loved the Yachtsman! I will be the guinea pig for Paradiso 37, looks pretty good!

Greetings from Disneyland Paris, Nicki!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for all your reviews! Had to :lmao: , as we are going to meet Remy this weekend too! He must have a really fast plane to visit guests in restaurants in WDW and DLRP!

Karin, those pictures are gorgeous! Are you having a wonderful time? Post the link to your dining review so I can drool! Give Remy a smooch for me!

Nicki, your dinner plans for next time sound great! :thumbsup2
We decided last year that we REALLY like signature dining better than "regular" dining. This year we are going to Yachtsman twice, Cali Grill, Flying Fish, Narcoosee's and Citrico's. We're going to Puck's for lunch one day. Of course we LOVE Kona so we're going there for dinner, too.

I did let IPO make my ADRs for me this time, and it went OK. Yesterday I called to mess with some stuff, and that may have been a mistake. I cancelled Coral Reef and Boma because we have been there, done that, and can always hit them again next year. Added Citrico's in place of Boma. The IPO lady booked it for SEPTEMBER instead of August. I caught it after I got home last night, so I had to call the regular Dining line to fix it. :headache: I also added lunch at Sci Fi by calling myself, because I decided on that after I already called IPO. :rolleyes1

I figure signature places are a great way to wind down after a busy day and the food is consistantly good! I thing you did the smart thing with cancelling Boma and adding Citrico's, we didnt care fo Boma...ooh Sci Fi Lunch, that is great too!

Nicki, Thank you for all your wonderful reviews. I feel like my vacation is over now. You write so well- I thought I was dining with you.:)

Thank you for your kind words and for reading my review...I know what you mean, party's over right? Oh well...want me to review the spaghetti we are having for dinner tonight? HAHAHAHAHHAHA
Thanks for the wonderful reviews!! Your dining plans for October look great - I can't wait to read that review as well!

Thanks for the reviews Nicki. :)

You write them really well, and I can't wait to go back to WDW now. :)

Looking forward to your October Trip. :)

Glad you had a GREAT time at the spa.

Hmmm that french onion soup at Les Chefs looks delish. The mac'ncheese on their menu sounds good. Have you had it? I'd like to go there to see Remy, but we won't be able to unless they extend his visit.

Did you say B-A-B-Y? How exciting! Pixie dust to you:wizard:

As always, thank you for your reviews Nicki.

Okay since reading your review I've added Kona Cafe for breakfast and Wolfgang Puck's Cafe for lunch.

We also have Chef de France and Le Cellier. Very excited. Your review has inspired me to write my own...thanks again!

Rebecca

PS I caught up on your other reviews too- just as fab!

Nicki,

That French menu at Chefs de France looked great. I would have ordered exactly what you did. The quiche lorraine looked spectacular. :thumbsup2

Loving your Oct list as well. GF tea is one of my favorite things to do. :goodvibes It's so nice and relaxing. F&W booths are the best.

Dizneet- great disneyland Paris pics :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter