Ok you guys...its on, the LIVE Nicki and Todd..Summer edition!

That curtain is actually kind of frightening. :scared:

And Nicki, your spa day sounds like it was fabulous. Maybe I need a spa day at WDW. Nah. It would take too much time out of commando touring. ;) Maybe I need a spa day before we leave for WDW!

It sounds like you had a great meal at Flying Fish. At least the signature meals are really great this trip, if some others aren't.

:rotfl2: Welcome to the club, my dear. ;) You're looking at one of many who turned (or will turn) 40 this year! :eek: Do you get called "Ma'am" a lot? ;)

I have 9 days left of MY 30's...:scared::scared::scared:
The good news is that on my 40th I will be on Splash Mountain & getting a big birthday smooch from Mickey:earboy2:.

Nicki - I am glad your vacation ended better than it began. I really enjoyed your report (as always). Thank you for taking the time to share with us! I hope you and DH have a safe trip home!:flower3:

Wow Nicki, I'd have been upset with those kids in FF too. Some parents have no clue...:headache: Glad you guys had another great meal there!

Awesome spa day...sounds like a great way to spend an off-park day.

Flying Fish looks scrumptious...I don't even like peas but that risotto with the scallops might convert me! And love dessert samplers...so fun to try more than one dessert at a time.

Sorry about the out of control kiddos -- some people think "fine" dining means that whatever their bratty kids do is "fine":upsidedow

Why did I not put Flying Fish on my list for this trip. :sad2: Well, in my head I am already secretly plotting my next visit for 2010 so I will have to add it there. I have to let DH get through this trip first before I can mention the next. He does better if I break it to him slowly. :rotfl:

Flying Fish looks great!!!!! Something that NEEDS to go on our wishlist for next time!

I am glad your vacation ended much better than it began! Hope you enjoyed your last day and have a safe trip home!

We're off to Disneyland Resort Paris at 5am, so I'll have wait to read the last part of your trip when I get back!:goodvibes

Ok Nicki. I just cancelled my FF ressie today bit now I am going to have to see if I can get it back. That soup looks
Ah-may-zing!!! Hopefully I can get it back into our schedule.

Update! I got it back! Yes!!!

SwanTuesday015.jpg

I see they've taken that nasty brandied cherry and replaced it with raspberries. I hope they don't change it soon, it sounds yummy!!!

I think I would said something to the kids which would have probably ticked off the parents. That behavior would have annoyed my children (10, 8, & 6).

That curtain is actually kind of frightening. :scared:

And Nicki, your spa day sounds like it was fabulous. Maybe I need a spa day at WDW. Nah. It would take too much time out of commando touring. ;) Maybe I need a spa day before we leave for WDW!
Or after you get home.

I have been lurking along since Page 1. Thoroughly enjoying your report! :thumbsup2

There is NO WAY, I mean NO WAY I could have tolerated kids rolling on the floor and bumping into DH's chair. If our server or a manager wasn't able to help I am afraid I would have been hideously ugly to those parents, and it would have been loud. I daresay it would have been the sort of scene to warrant the involvement of Disney Security. :scared: I have NO patience for that behavior, and if the behavior is having a direct negative impact on my dining experience then it is time to inconvenience the parents of the naughty children. I am sorry you had to start off your meal that way. I love Flying Fish. And Cali Grill. And Narcoosee's. And Citrico's. ;)

Ok, memo to me: Dine with jackskellingtonsgirl. I did the Mister Disney food and wine nosh with you, so we have met. I can see that I would have had help inconveniencing the parents of the disruptive children. :stir: In my fantasy, we're pouring contents of water glasses on parents' heads. In reality, I'd ask the parents if they wouldn't mind paying for my meal, since they would be the ones directly responsible for "ruining my guest experience". :rotfl2:

I'm not even sure I remember what 40 was like anymore. Especially since I got my AARP card. :rotfl2:

LOL! I've got another decade until I can be a member of that club! ;)

I have 9 days left of MY 30's...:scared::scared::scared:
The good news is that on my 40th I will be on Splash Mountain & getting a big birthday smooch from Mickey:earboy2:.

Nicki - I am glad your vacation ended better than it began. I really enjoyed your report (as always). Thank you for taking the time to share with us! I hope you and DH have a safe trip home!:flower3:

I have nothing special planned for my birthday. Sounds like you're going to have more fun. :thumbsup2

Those scallops looked awesome. :goodvibes I think I would have been like you, having trouble deciding between that and the red snapper. Thanks for all the great reviews. :)

Terrific review...thanks for taking us along on your vacation! Hope you have a great trip home.

I was debating going back to Tutto. DS and I really enjoyed our meal there last year & I wanted to share it with DH. Thought about dinner but then the menu you posted didn't excite me. Lunch on the other hand looked devine! So Tutto it is for lunch! Now to decide where to have dinner ... :goodvibes One thing for sure is that it won't be Nine Dragons! I thought I really wanted to try it but I am just not taking the chance. We can get good chinese food at home!

/QUOTE]

I prefer lunch at Tutto much more. We have done lunch there several times and our last trip we tried dinner. I wasn't blown away and said to my husband, last dinner we will eat here!! I love it for lunch. I'm not much of a pasta person in restaurants and lunch has way better choices.

The spa day sounds wonderful. I'm soooooo jealous. I usually go with a swedish, but you may have convinced me to try the hot stone!!

I think I would said something to the kids which would have probably ticked off the parents. That behavior would have annoyed my children (10, 8, & 6).

Or after you get home.

Your children would NEVER behave like that, so I bet it would annoy them!
No time for spa when I get home - back to work and all that sort of thing.

Ok, memo to me: Dine with jackskellingtonsgirl. I did the Mister Disney food and wine nosh with you, so we have met. I can see that I would have had help inconveniencing the parents of the disruptive children. :stir: In my fantasy, we're pouring contents of water glasses on parents' heads. In reality, I'd ask the parents if they wouldn't mind paying for my meal, since they would be the ones directly responsible for "ruining my guest experience". :rotfl2:

Hi, Lori! :yay: I remember meeting you!
You are welcome to dine with us anytime! Unfortunately the truancy board has put a stop to our October WDW visits. :guilty: We typically go in August now. But we are looking at June for 2010.

The food from Flying Fish looks great. I will have to get my husband there...he dislikes Sea Food, so a restaurant with the word Fish in it is usually off limits. :)

I am so sorry you had to deal with the ill behaved children. We had a similar experience at Turf Club and it ruined our entire meal, as we were seated at the same time. As much as we wanted to say something, we bit our lips. It was annoying to say the least though...Especially since I shared a long booth with many of the kids....

Just spoke to Nic. She and Todd are home safe and sound. She says she is too tired to post tonight, but she'll post her finale tomorrow. :)

I'm pleased to see that the "healthy" (hey who are we kidding here?) version of the croissant sandwich was as tasty as it looked. And about the disappointing muffin....can I get on my soapbox about those flying rats (aka the seagulls) who will rip food out of your hands? (Churro; Frontierland...a few years back. I'm still traumatized.) It was enough to make me scream at my TV at Jillian (the Bachelorette) when she was feeding flying rats in Vancouver with her Date du Jour. "Don't feed the !@#$@#@% birds!"

That is sooo funny! :rotfl:
The same traumatizing thing happened to my DH years ago at WDW: seagulls, churro, frontierland. Ripped right out of his hands before he barely even had a bite.

Really enjoying the reviews and pictures!

Just spoke to Nic. She and Todd are home safe and sound. She says she is too tired to post tonight, but she'll post her finale tomorrow. :)

May they get the rest they so deserve (what? real life? interferes again!)

Thanks for getting in touch with Nikki and taking the time to post here!

(stalker, friends we've yet to meet!! :goodvibes *g)
OK so its my attempt at humor!!

thanks for the update!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter