Ok you guys...its on, the LIVE Nicki and Todd..Summer edition!

Phwewwww..just finished and caught up on another great Nicki review! I'm living vicariously thru you since we won't probably be back to the world for a couple of years..:guilty: Looking forward to your October review, F&W is our favorite, we were there for that last October. Counting down the days with you! :yay: OH! and thanks for posting the Welsh Dragon, don't know how I missed that when we ate there in October, this type of drink is right up my alley!

Hi and thanks for reading! You can thank Marsha for the Welsh Dragon, if I never saw it on her dining review I would not have known it existed, and it was sooo good!

Cannot wait for October, need to get my rear in gear and start planning my reservations...although DH is driving me nuts and says he doesnt want more than 5 TS dinners for a 10 night stay...but I am going to plan them anyways because I know that he will want to sit down and relax with good food and booze at night!

Sorry I have been MIA on the DIS. I just finally read all of your reviews from this trip. I can't believe you got to stay an extra few days! Your review of 50's PTC made me actually consider trying it for once!! Also, I was surprised that you didn't like RR! I was expecting my bread to be 'hockey puck' ish when we went since I had heard about that here so many times. However we lucked out and our bread was pretty good. I really loved it there so I am sorry that you didn't have a good experience. Thanks again for an awesome review!!

Sorry I have been MIA on the DIS. I just finally read all of your reviews from this trip. I can't believe you got to stay an extra few days! Your review of 50's PTC made me actually consider trying it for once!! Also, I was surprised that you didn't like RR! I was expecting my bread to be 'hockey puck' ish when we went since I had heard about that here so many times. However we lucked out and our bread was pretty good. I really loved it there so I am sorry that you didn't have a good experience. Thanks again for an awesome review!!

Better late then never, glad you read it! Get this, DH is in Orlando right now until Friday and I didnt go...bummer I know but I couldnt get away right now...he did promise he would stop at DTD on the way home and bring me some gingerbread men!

We had not been to 50sPTC in a long time, the food was awesome but what made the meal *besides the Picnic Punch* was the fun we had with our server and fellow diners!

Cannot wait for October, need to get my rear in gear and start planning my reservations...although DH is driving me nuts and says he doesnt want more than 5 TS dinners for a 10 night stay...but I am going to plan them anyways because I know that he will want to sit down and relax with good food and booze at night!

I would definitely plan them anyway...always better to have them and then if you decide not to go (or decide to change your plans;)) you can always cancel them. My big thing with the October trip is that I know I'm going to want to try a lot of things at the F&W fest...so I think I am just going to plan my ADRs and then cancel if I am too full from F&W. For our August trip which is 10 days we have an ADR for every day -- of course we are a group of 8 which makes it a little harder to be spontaneous.

Get this, DH is in Orlando right now until Friday and I didnt go...bummer I know but I couldnt get away right now...he did promise he would stop at DTD on the way home and bring me some gingerbread men!

We had not been to 50sPTC in a long time, the food was awesome but what made the meal *besides the Picnic Punch* was the fun we had with our server and fellow diners!

I can't believe DH is in Orlando right now! At least you were just there so I guess that makes it not as bad. Are the gingerbread men in DTD at Goofy's? And where else can you get them? I remember you mentioning them in your report, but I cannot remember where. I love gingerbread and will need to get some in August! I won't be able to wait for the holidays when I usually make my own :goodvibes

I am going to have to make a pit stop at 50sPTC for the Picnic Punch in August. It's not on our ADR list but maybe I'll get a drink to go :thumbsup2

I would definitely plan them anyway...always better to have them and then if you decide not to go (or decide to change your plans;)) you can always cancel them. My big thing with the October trip is that I know I'm going to want to try a lot of things at the F&W fest...so I think I am just going to plan my ADRs and then cancel if I am too full from F&W. For our August trip which is 10 days we have an ADR for every day -- of course we are a group of 8 which makes it a little harder to be spontaneous.

I can't believe DH is in Orlando right now! At least you were just there so I guess that makes it not as bad. Are the gingerbread men in DTD at Goofy's? And where else can you get them? I remember you mentioning them in your report, but I cannot remember where. I love gingerbread and will need to get some in August! I won't be able to wait for the holidays when I usually make my own :goodvibes

I am going to have to make a pit stop at 50sPTC for the Picnic Punch in August. It's not on our ADR list but maybe I'll get a drink to go :thumbsup2

I am def going to make dinner ressies for every single night, a few for lunch too....there are so many food stands for F&W and not enough room in the belly to sample them all in one day so we will probably do lunch there 4-5 times...last year it seemed that we ate the stands every day!

I know we bought gingerbread men from Germany in Epcot, the candy shop in HS by Starring Rolls and Goofys Candy Shop but I have not seen them anywhere else...we used to by them on Main Street Bakery but they no longer sell them.

I need to get the recipe for Picnic Punch so I can drink it at home by the pool...or at a picnic :lmao:

I am def going to make dinner ressies for every single night, a few for lunch too....there are so many food stands for F&W and not enough room in the belly to sample them all in one day so we will probably do lunch there 4-5 times...last year it seemed that we ate the stands every day!

I know we bought gingerbread men from Germany in Epcot, the candy shop in HS by Starring Rolls and Goofys Candy Shop but I have not seen them anywhere else...we used to by them on Main Street Bakery but they no longer sell them.

I need to get the recipe for Picnic Punch so I can drink it at home by the pool...or at a picnic :lmao:

I so agree about not having enough room to sample all that you want to at F&W. Last year we were just stuffed! And when you "eat your way around the world" even though the portions are small I find myself more full because it is spread out over a longer period of time, and I just felt like I was constantly eating! But hey, we're on vacation, and we're walking it all off, right:thumbsup2:rotfl: I think I'll need to spread it over more days this trip so I can try more things and not feel as full :goodvibes

Thanks for the info about the gingerbread men. I will definitely be on the lookout for them in August.

WOW just found your thread! Can't wait to read it ALL! In the mean time can you give me a hint if you like Earl of Sandwich in DTD? I know you said only Fulton and Wolfgang puck....what are your thoughts on Earl? Or will I find it if I just keep reading?

I so agree about not having enough room to sample all that you want to at F&W. Last year we were just stuffed! And when you "eat your way around the world" even though the portions are small I find myself more full because it is spread out over a longer period of time, and I just felt like I was constantly eating! But hey, we're on vacation, and we're walking it all off, right:thumbsup2:rotfl: I think I'll need to spread it over more days this trip so I can try more things and not feel as full :goodvibes

Thanks for the info about the gingerbread men. I will definitely be on the lookout for them in August.

DH just went to Orlando for business and the lovey stopped at DTD and got me a dozen gingerbread men....I put them in the freezer, I just love these things! He is going back the end of July again too, wish I could go with him!

WOW just found your thread! Can't wait to read it ALL! In the mean time can you give me a hint if you like Earl of Sandwich in DTD? I know you said only Fulton and Wolfgang puck....what are your thoughts on Earl? Or will I find it if I just keep reading?

We have been to EoS twice and it is ok but I would rather eat at WPE...more selection and DH isnt into sandwiches that much, he would rather eat a pizza, salad or rotisserie chicken.

At EoS I have had the mozzarella, basil and tomato and the meatball sandwich...both are very good!

DH just went to Orlando for business and the lovey stopped at DTD and got me a dozen gingerbread men....I put them in the freezer, I just love these things! He is going back the end of July again too, wish I could go with him!

So jealous that you got more gingerbread men! I am definitely going to Goofy's in August (promised my friend's kids I'd take them there when their parents go out for an adult night -- nice friend I am to sugar up their kids :rotfl:).

I can't believe your DH was back in Orlando again and will be going back in July too. October will come soon enough. In just a few weeks we'll be able to make ADRs so that will make it seem closer!

Hi Nicki,

Quick question, I am trying to decide if we should eat at Yachtman's, have you guys eaten there? I couldn't find a review in this year or last's list. I know you really liked Flying Fish but DS is not a fish eater.

thanks

Hey Niki - thought you might've taken another trip!! Congrats on your win btw!! :wizard:

Janloz I just read a trip report from a mom that took a detour from Flying Fish to Yachtsman!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2215958&page=2
(due to the weather the storm came up so fierce they were staying BCV - and ran from the boat to Yacht Club and Yachtsman could seat them!) she has some pics! We went, dh usually gets fish, I usually get beef - I loved my beef, and the augratin potatoes were out of this world! )

So jealous that you got more gingerbread men! I am definitely going to Goofy's in August (promised my friend's kids I'd take them there when their parents go out for an adult night -- nice friend I am to sugar up their kids :rotfl:).

I can't believe your DH was back in Orlando again and will be going back in July too. October will come soon enough. In just a few weeks we'll be able to make ADRs so that will make it seem closer!

And when he goes in July I want more gingerbread men and create your own pretzel rods..I know I can make them at home but Disney food is just too good to pass up!

Hi Nicki,

Quick question, I am trying to decide if we should eat at Yachtman's, have you guys eaten there? I couldn't find a review in this year or last's list. I know you really liked Flying Fish but DS is not a fish eater.

thanks

We ate there in April 08, pics and such are in my link..I really enjoyed it but DH didnt care for the food at all...he said the NY Strip at FF was sooo much better, the filet at Jiko is still tops on his list. I would go back to YM though, I really enjoyed it alot!

Hey Niki - thought you might've taken another trip!! Congrats on your win btw!! :wizard:

Janloz I)

Thank you! I received the email telling me to let them know when we want to take the tour and they will schedule it for me...I cannot wait until Oct!

And when he goes in July I want more gingerbread men and create your own pretzel rods..I know I can make them at home but Disney food is just too good to pass up!

Wish I had my own personal gingerbread man supplier. I guess NJ is a little too far! Only 6 weeks till my August trip so I will have them soon!

Okay, now you have me craving the pretzel rods too. I totally agree, those pretzel rods are so much better than making them at home and you have way more options for toppings too :thumbsup2

Janloz I just read a trip report from a mom that took a detour from Flying Fish to Yachtsman!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2215958&page=2
(due to the weather the storm came up so fierce they were staying BCV - and ran from the boat to Yacht Club and Yachtsman could seat them!) she has some pics! We went, dh usually gets fish, I usually get beef - I loved my beef, and the augratin potatoes were out of this world! )

thanks, I will check it out.

We ate there in April 08, pics and such are in my link..I really enjoyed it but DH didnt care for the food at all...he said the NY Strip at FF was sooo much better, the filet at Jiko is still tops on his list. I would go back to YM though, I really enjoyed it alot!

Thanks, I will look again for it. DS really liked Calf. Grill filet and we will be going there for my bday dinner but wanted some other options for other nights. We are debating on whether or not to get Deluxe dining plan or stick with regular plan. If he can get NY strip at FF then we might try that since DH and I will eat fish. thanks and congrats on the prize.

I can't believe I didn't find this trip report sooner.........love, love, love your trip reports........Just read your Raglan Road review......thank you for reminding me why I have no desire to go there......but, bummed that your trip started off on that kind of note! Looking forward to reading more and hoping the rest of your trip went well!!!!!

Wish I had my own personal gingerbread man supplier. I guess NJ is a little too far! Only 6 weeks till my August trip so I will have them soon!

Okay, now you have me craving the pretzel rods too. I totally agree, those pretzel rods are so much better than making them at home and you have way more options for toppings too :thumbsup2

As I sit here reading your post I am devouring the second ear from one of my gingerbread men! :rotfl: the breakfast of champions!

thanks, I will check it out.

Thanks, I will look again for it. DS really liked Calf. Grill filet and we will be going there for my bday dinner but wanted some other options for other nights. We are debating on whether or not to get Deluxe dining plan or stick with regular plan. If he can get NY strip at FF then we might try that since DH and I will eat fish. thanks and congrats on the prize.

Wherevery you eat I hope the food is awesome, make sure to tell us all about it!

I can't believe I didn't find this trip report sooner.........love, love, love your trip reports........Just read your Raglan Road review......thank you for reminding me why I have no desire to go there......but, bummed that your trip started off on that kind of note! Looking forward to reading more and hoping the rest of your trip went well!!!!!

Better late than never right? Thanks for reading! That was a bummer, starting off with a yuck dinner but there is another one coming in the report, I will let you find it!

Nicki, when will you be there for Food and Wine? I just booked for October 1 -- 4. :banana:

Yes but not for those dates :sad1:

We will be at the POFQ Oct 22-Nov 1

Where are you guys staying this time? I hope you love it and have alot of fun and pig out at the F&W booths! :woohoo:

Yes but not for those dates :sad1:

We will be at the POFQ Oct 22-Nov 1

Where are you guys staying this time? I hope you love it and have alot of fun and pig out at the F&W booths! :woohoo:

Darn it, I was hoping our dates would overlap! :(

I almost booked AKL again for $149 a night, but CBR was only $96 and Charles said we could use the extra money on more drinks. :laughing:

Darn it, I was hoping our dates would overlap! :(

I almost booked AKL again for $149 a night, but CBR was only $96 and Charles said we could use the extra money on more drinks. :laughing:

That is exactly why I changed to the POFQ for the entire stay, more money for snacks, booze and signature dining!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!