OK, I guess I will start the Waiting for OCT-DEC AP rate thread

I got the BAT room only discount. Were staying at POP and for 7 nights and 8 days were paying 429.00!! It dropped from 600.00!! This was my first time using a discount code and it was so supper easy!! I'm going to be doing the happy dance all day long today.:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

finally got through ... was able to switch to the bat for Carribean Beach, standard room ... Oct. 30 and Oct 31 ...
The rates were 94 for the first night and 85 for the second ... saved 120 bucks ...
Lisa
P.S. I was on hold with one phone for a long time ... called with my cel with the other hand just for the heck of it and got right through ... weird ...

Originally posted by Bronte
P.S. I was on hold with one phone for a long time ... called with my cel with the other hand just for the heck of it and got right through ... weird ...

I've always gotten through faster with my cell phone than with my land-locked phone. Wonder why?

Debbie

We called yesterday and used the AP code EWP...what's the difference for today's BAT? Will it save us more $?

We got Oct. 16-18 at POR Waterview for $110.39 (tax included) and Dec. 9-11 at GF Conceirge for $401 (tax included). Is this good or should I call and use BAT?

I found BAT to be a little bit higher in price!! I got Contemp @ 166 a nite- with bat it was 186 a nite

Originally posted by QJ411
We called yesterday and used the AP code EWP...what's the difference for today's BAT? Will it save us more $?

We got Oct. 16-18 at POR Waterview for $110.39 (tax included) and Dec. 9-11 at GF Conceirge for $401 (tax included). Is this good or should I call and use BAT?

Mouse savers says that with EWP rate for garden at Gf is $249 and with BAT it is $259 so the passholder rate would be lower.

I couldn't get the Contemporary resort said they had nothing at all. Did anyone else get it for the CR? When were your dates?

Generally, it is safe to assume AP rates are cheaper than public discount rates.
I got CR standard wing for $143.50 with the AP code.

It seems to be hit and miss with the rates. If you can be flexible on where you want to stay and what type of room view you are willing to take your chances go up significantly.

tikiln,

With your $429 for 7 night rate: does that include tax too? What were your dates?

I just called and got Pop Century for 3 nights 10/2-10/5 and the total was 248.00. That comes out to 82.66 per night with 11.5% taxes and about $73.00 base rate.

You seem to have gotten the room for much less. Maybe our dates are very different....I think October is more. But...maybe I have to call back and see what happened.

By the way...I did the wait...wait...wait...thing and then I hung up and called back and got in much quicker. Also, at the beginning of our conversation the CM didn't have any BAT available for the values.....but a few minutes later she did. I was going to spend some time pricing moderates and deluxes....but decided to book first and then check prices on the "maybes". Just in case the POP availability dissapeared....CM later on told me that was a good idea :D

NOw, I've come to find that the moderates are 20 more per night
Coronado Springs would be $314 for the 3 nights with taxes. I almost switched...but decided that the $60.00 more could be about 3 meals for the 2 of us (not the "fancy" ones)...or pay for our Character dining....but it's oh so tempting to move up!!

I think we'll love POP anyway. I know my 8 year old will!

Thank you to EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD...for the BAT tip.

~Cindy Z in CT

Couldn't get CSR yesterday for my first 2 nights using EWP and couldn't get it using BAT today. Was offered a suite for $725 for 2 nights. Uh, no thanks, not paying over $300 per night for a moderate even if it is a suite.
Darn! Oh well, at least the CM was very nice and I did save $66 on my POP reservation using EWP yesterday.

For BAT they had nothing for my dates at the WL. We are going 10/29-11/2. They did have the Contempory standard wing with BAT, so I booked it. The total with tax for 4 nights is $843. A standard room at WL was costing $1177.44, so I saved $334.

I've never stayed at the Contemporary. I hope it is nice. I'd love to hear tips or suggestions about staying at the Contemporary.

Deneen

CindyZmomof3,

We are going to be there on December 6th to December 13th. It is value season, so that might make a difference. The 429.00 is total with Tax. I didn't bother asking what the nightly rate was.

I so wanted to book a Mod for this trip, but dh wants to start out at the values (our first trip) then next trip book a mod, and maybe the trip after that a delux resort. Also we have 3 Character meals planned. Then money I saved today will go towards one or two of those meals.

Is there anyone here who might know if the Disney Visa offer might be better than the recent codes? I am spoiled with the lower rates of the past few years and this has thrown our budget for a loop. Am hoping for some relief from Visa.

SG/Linda

I was on the phone (800#) three hours total yesterday and over an hour this morning. I really want the animal kingdom for 11-12 through 11-14 and couldn't get any standard rate of any kind. Had a sav. deluxe for $250.00 a night with AP, a pool deluxe for $195.00 a night with AP, and coronado Springs for $79.00 a night with AP. The BAT prices seem to be slightly higher than the AP rates from what I was quoted. Still hoping for a standard sav. view for the $151 a night at AKL. So will try to call in a week or two. I stuck with the pool view even though it is higher still than what we want to pay. The waits have been crazy but most CM's I have talked to have tried to be very helpful and they too could not believe how fast things sold out and the few rooms available. Both codes had blackout dates for the times I wanted so not sure if that has made a difference or not but atleast I have something! Good luck to all of you and I really appreciate this posting and sight.

Ready for a vacation!

I tried starting when they opened this morning. after about 30 minutes I got Virgil, who had me on and off hold for 10 minutes. He then told me that they were having computer problems and to try calling back in 2 HOURS! I voiced my displeasure with that having already missed the AP rates for where we were staying. I hung up and was working 3 different phones trying to call. Numerous times I got into the phone system, was put on hold by the computer, then cut off after 5 - 10 minutes. At 7:20 central time I got Vada or Vida. I asked for the new discounts and she asked what code so I gave her both BAT and ZXQT or ZQXT for the package. She ran both through the system. The BAT was better for us. We still get to stay in All Star Movies, my 4 year old will love that. We couldn't however get the preferred rooms that we already had a rack rate reservation for. Still we went from a total of apx. $1221 for our stay down to $836, a savings of $385. We did put in a request for the Toy Story or 101 Dalmations buildings. It will save us some money..... yeah right, now we have more to spend on other stuff at WDW!!!!!!!!

I'm glad I did not listen to "helpful" Virgil. I might not have gotten anything.

I still can't believe that yesterday was the one day that I didn't check the boards and the codes came out!!! AAGGHH!! Thankfully, after about a 20 minute hold, I got through. Here's what we were able to book (actually modified existing reservations):

Nov. 18- Nov. 22: Sav. View AKL at $151.00 per night using EWP code

(We were originally booked Sav. View AKL from 11/11 - 11/14 at $299 per night rack rate. CM said the only available discount for 11/11 -11/14 was the BAT for a Sav. Deluxe room at $260.00. EWP pass holder rate was "blacked out" for that weekend due to Super Soaps weekened. We did some scrambling and changed weekends for a much better rate).

Dec. 17 - Dec. 20: WL courtyard view at $149.00/ night using BAT. We were originally booked in a woods view room at $219.00 per night.

I am so excited! Thanks to those of you "in the know" who posted to let the rest of us know.

For those still calling, sending a little pixie dust your way that you'll get a great deal!

:wave2:

Originally posted by angey77
Generally, it is safe to assume AP rates are cheaper than public discount rates.
I got CR standard wing for $143.50 with the AP code.

Not sure if your quote includes tax, but yesterday I was offered standard at the Contempory for $131 plus tax. That's an AP rate.

I don't think it matters if you use a cell phone or land line
phone, I was on hold for 1 hour 30 minutes this morning,
I asked for the BAT code for the Poly for the last week of
October it was available for the garden view, and I had
a nice CM who said she would check the EWP rate also
and she said that was available, when I called yesterday
it wasn't and it was cheaper than the BAT code, I was
able to get the Poly at $229.00 garden view, thanks to
everyone out there, I'm new to this, but I'm getting
the hang of it.:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter