Oh the Tragedy! No Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake this time! Updates x 5 9/30

You take themost beautiful food pictures!!! I could easily ear a 1/2 loaf of the bread, yummy! I am a bread person also. It just makes a meal SO much better!!

I'm always surprised how Disney restaurants seem to change the most popular dishes and often replace them with odd changes. I still miss french toast loaf and Figaro fries at MK.

Really enjoyed your updates!! I hope you don't mind an off topic question too much, but does Disneyland have the same 180 day window for restaurant reservations? We are hoping to go next year and I really want to eat at Napa Rose again!! I had a wonderful meal there on my birthday during Disneylands 50th birthday!!!

Really enjoying your updates!!! Wish they didn't make me hungry every time I peeked at them though!:rotfl:

Another great set of updates. What a great idea to just order apps at le Cellier. Though $14 for asparagus is beyond ridiculous. So sorry Kona was such a bust. I like that disney changes up their menus so often, but seems to do so haphazardly removing favorites. And of course bacon molasses butter seems oh so Polynesian, sure you weren't back at whispering canyon or le Cellier ; )

First, we didn't make it to the Grand Floridian Café. :( Mark really needed that last morning to get a little extra sleep before our last six hours at the park and then the four hour drive to Marco Island which ended up taking six hours because of thunderstorms and car accidents. :headache: It is on the list for next time for sure.

I do LOVE Whispering Canyon's breakfast and so good to see your favorite (and ours) server...Jeffro.

We've not been back to LeCellier since 2011 when we took Andy and it was such a disappointment with not being able to make substitutions and my filet was awful (I had it at the Food & Wine and it was just as bad).

We loved our dinner at Kona in June...ended up being the best meal of the trip. I'm sorry you weren't pleased with yours.

Mega food update!

I loved this one because:

A. That was on my birthday, so shout out to May 7th.:thumbsup2 :rotfl:

B. I have been wanting to try Whispering Canyon for breakfast and since I will be there in LESS THAN A MONTH - we may just have to walk in and give it a go.

C. We also have an ADR at Kona, which I was thinking of canceling, but I totally forgot they have sushi. So I think I am going to keep it! I have heard that so many people love that steak - hard to believe it's gone from the menu. But its looks like you guys found many wonderful items to replace it.
Hi there Mary Ellen!

A. :cake: I should have celebrated your special day with at least a cheery cocktail or something!

B. Try it! It's near the top of my list.

C. If you like sushi try Kona. Michael enjoyed it. Plus, I'd go there just for the delish bread!

And may I say that my timing sux... we booked a last minute trip this week but we'll only be there through next Tuesday. Bummer. No Mary Ellen sightings in my near future. :)

Ooh Brenda, you are spoiling me with not 1, but 3 new reviews today :goodvibes

First off, in answer to your question about HDDR and vegetarian options, indeed they do. The chef stopped by at the beginning of the meal and ran through my options. The chicken and ribs etc. that Philip had were still the quantities for 2 people so he certainly didn't go hungry!!

Loved the review of WCC, I really enjoyed our breakfast there in December and Jethro was charming (Mr Waffle :laughing:)

Shame that the dinner at Kona didn't work out so well for you, I hope the brownie back in the room helped ease the disappointment :thumbsup2

Hi Linda! Heck, I have to update while I can so this doesn't drag on into 2015!

It's good to know that they take care of the veggie folk at HDDR.

That's right, you met Jeff last December. :)

Oh yeah, it was nice to have that Karamel Kuche brownie to soothe any post dinner disappointment!

I am finally caught up on your reviews! Starving now after looking at your recent photos. WCC for breakfast looks so good! If were not staying CL in Dec I would so go there.

Hey there Lori! Considering where you're staying and CL at that, I think you'll be very satisfied with your current plan. Maybe another time.....

Again, I'm so grateful that we connected this week. :goodvibes Wishing you safe travels.

Sorry you didn't enjoy Kona! My friend and I are going there next trip, but we're really just going for the sushi and bread!

Can't wait to hear about Crystal Palace since we'll be eating there too!

I'm sure there are a lot of good options at Kona. I was just miffed that they'd just changed their menu and ditched the ever popular teriyaki steak. The bread is worth a trip alone.

Ahhhh Crystal Palace.. one of my favorites... still.

What a great way to describe a flavor! I will need to remember that the next time a flavor becomes too much for me (or too lacking). I post seldom but do enjoy your reports. Please, keep them coming.

It has been awhile since we have eaten at Kona. After reading your report and a few others, I do not think we need to hurry back. Michael's sushi looks very good though.

Kate

Hi Kate! Thanks for letting me know you are following along! :) I'm glad you enjoy them.

Sometimes I run out of descriptions like ick and yuck!

Kona is still my favorite breakfast place... just not dinner.

You take themost beautiful food pictures!!! I could easily ear a 1/2 loaf of the bread, yummy! I am a bread person also. It just makes a meal SO much better!!

I'm always surprised how Disney restaurants seem to change the most popular dishes and often replace them with odd changes. I still miss french toast loaf and Figaro fries at MK.

Really enjoyed your updates!! I hope you don't mind an off topic question too much, but does Disneyland have the same 180 day window for restaurant reservations? We are hoping to go next year and I really want to eat at Napa Rose again!! I had a wonderful meal there on my birthday during Disneylands 50th birthday!!!

Thank you. ha ha! My camera does all the work. :lmao:

You probably know what I mean when I say that sometimes the bread is better than the meal. 'Ohana, Kona, YSH... to name a few. ;)

I understand Disney making changes over time but come on... some things you shouldn't mess with. Plus the fact that they didn't ask me before they did that. :rotfl2: I don't recall Figaro fries it may have been before I started making regular pilgrimages to The World.

Good question about DL dining. They don't have the same 180 window, they actually have a narrower 60 day window. However, I can tell you that it is rare if we are not able to get a reservation at a more popular restaurant like Blue Bayou within a few days. Carthay Circle tends to be a little more competitive but they also have the World of Color dinner packages that make it more popular. Napa Rose is usually booked the same day or within a day or two. It's definitely not as cut throat to get an ADR.

Napa Rose is a great place to go for a special meal. If you haven't been to Carthay Circle, it is fabulous as well.

Really enjoying your updates!!! Wish they didn't make me hungry every time I peeked at them though!:rotfl:

Thank you chelseabun! Dining reviews should come with a disclaimer that readers may have sudden urges to eat waffles or pot roast. Just not together. ;)

Another great set of updates. What a great idea to just order apps at le Cellier. Though $14 for asparagus is beyond ridiculous. So sorry Kona was such a bust. I like that disney changes up their menus so often, but seems to do so haphazardly removing favorites. And of course bacon molasses butter seems oh so Polynesian, sure you weren't back at whispering canyon or le Cellier ; )

Thanks Kari! Yeah, that's seriously some expensive asparagus. I think it averages about $2 bucks a spear!

As long as Kona doesn't remove the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes I'll be ok. If they ever, ever, mess with that....

First, we didn't make it to the Grand Floridian Café. :( Mark really needed that last morning to get a little extra sleep before our last six hours at the park and then the four hour drive to Marco Island which ended up taking six hours because of thunderstorms and car accidents. :headache: It is on the list for next time for sure.

I do LOVE Whispering Canyon's breakfast and so good to see your favorite (and ours) server...Jeffro.

We've not been back to LeCellier since 2011 when we took Andy and it was such a disappointment with not being able to make substitutions and my filet was awful (I had it at the Food & Wine and it was just as bad).

We loved our dinner at Kona in June...ended up being the best meal of the trip. I'm sorry you weren't pleased with yours.

Hey there Kathy!! I saw your photos from the drive to Marco Island - wow! that was some weather. I'm sure you'll be back for another opportunity at GFC! ;)

Awwww glad you saw Jeffro. He's so awesome. And the food isn't bad either.

I'm probably pickier than most so for me to say that Kona wasn't that good, no one should change their plans for my opinion. Plus, I don't eat sushi so I limit my choices.

Oh no.... I've been warned about the filet at F&W. I'm not sure I should venture a stop there. Hmmm so many choices. I was glad that you shared your favorites since we'll be there Thurs. evening. (Just a short last minute trip that feel into place unexpectedly. :))

Enjoy the rest of your trip at Nicki-land!

Crystal Palace Breakfast - Thursday May 8, 2014

DSCN6382.jpg

Breakfast this last full day at WDW was at Crystal Palace. It was extra magic hours that morning at MK so we didn’t need to use the before park open entrance. We did stop on the way to have a quick photo on Main Street where we saw one of the funniest guys you’ll see on Main Street – Alex the photopass dude.

DSCN6367.jpg

It was a short wait to be seated once we were checked in. While we were waiting, we saw this adorable brother and sister looking at the characters through the window in the door. Oh my gosh! I wanted to melt.

DSCN6379.jpg

We were seated at a table for two and immediately I was concerned that there would not be enough room for our multiple plates. I had to seriously consider consolidating food onto two plates – or break my rule and go back to the buffet for another round - gulp. The OCD may have to be tamed for this one meal.

Tigger and Piglet were already coming around so we stayed seated until we had greeted them proper. There wasn’t a lot of room between the tables so if there were more than a few people you would have to stack ‘em up. There were character handlers for all interactions so if you wanted your entire party in the photo they were more than happy to be your personal photographer.
Tigger was first. He’s my favorite fur character. I love his enthusiasm, I love his bounce and I love that he reduces sentences to abbreviations such as TTFN! He was trending before its time I’m sure.

DSCN6394.jpg

Piglet was next and I grabbed his paws and greeted him enthusiastically. He appeared to be bashful and shy. Here’s his aww shucks pose.

DSCN6399.jpg

We took advantage of the break in characters to make a run for the food court.

Here’s a sampling of what was offered:

DSCN6402.jpg

DSCN6405.jpg

DSCN6406.jpg

DSCN6418.jpg

DSCN6421.jpg

DSCN6433.jpg

DSCN6434.jpg

DSCN6423.jpg

I was fascinated with the omelet station which had a unique way of creating custom omelets. They ladle the egg on the grill and then add the veggies/meat and cheese and fold the egg over the filling. It is very efficient and eliminates the need for the open flame omelet pan method. They definitely make great omelets here.

DSCN6439.jpg

Putting the guts in the omelet.
DSCN6442.jpg

And a little fold and tuck
DSCN6443.jpg

Voila!
DSCN6444.jpg

When I returned to the table Pooh was just arriving. We gave him love as well.

DSCN6445.jpg

Here’s my collection of bowls and plates. What captured my taste buds that morning?
DSCN6447.jpg

Starting with the star of the table, the Mickey waffles and the puffed French toast. My next plate was the omelet, and two kinds of potatoes – cheesy breakfast potato casserole and regular non-cheesy breakfast potatoes.

I also had a bowl of oatmeal.
DSCN6453.jpg

I can’t think of anything on my plate that wasn’t tasty – everything was so well done. Breakfast buffet perfection.

I didn’t get a photo of Michael’s food since he was up and back to the buffet a few times out of sync with me. I can pretty much guarantee it would have been fruit, eggs, and salmon. He doesn’t touch the waffles or pancakes. I’m not sure why I’m so happily married to someone who shuns a Mickey waffle!

Eeyore came around next. I have no idea why I was having so much fun with him. It must have been something funny that Michael said because Eeyore is well, Eeyore and I can’t imagine him doing much that would cause me to bust our laughing.

DSCN6456.jpg

DSCN6460.jpg

Using TiW we saved $10. Another great breakfast with classic Disney characters. Any breakfast that has Mickey waffles makes me happy so I’m sure my standards are not that high.

Next Up: Plaza Restaurant with another DISer!

Plaza Restaurant Lunch - Thursday May 8, 2014

DSC06215.jpg

We had lunch plans in MK at Plaza Restaurant with a special family that we had met the day before, although we had this planned for some time. We were having lunch with Melissa (dtr_angel) and her husband Daniel, and son Gavin. I’d followed Melissa’s trip reports and was excited when our travel dates to WDW overlapped.

Our last few trips Plaza Restaurant has been our final meal at WDW. This would have been the case this trip had it not been for the fact that we added a day onto our trip. I never have any regrets about adding days to our trips but I wasn’t going to change this ADR since we had a good solid plan and I wasn’t going to mess with that for tradition’s sake.

We met up and checked in and we finally were able to see Gavin awake. Barely! He was sleepy. He was so sweet and adorable and reminded me so much of my oldest son when he was that age. Great mommy memories there.

Adorable photo of Melissa and sleepy Gavin:
DSCN6616.jpg

I know I didn’t need a menu as long as Michael was willing to share something with me…. We’d had a big breakfast not too long ago so I wasn’t going to be able to eat an entire entrée myself.

Menu:
DSCN6611.jpg

DSCN6612.jpg

DSCN6613.jpg

DSCN6614.jpg

Lucky for me Michael was willing to split a burger. We asked for the grilled mushrooms on the side. I knew he would want broccoli slaw so I ordered a side of fries. There’s no way I was going to pass up having some of those delicious Plaza Restaurant fries.

Angus Chuck Cheeseburger: Served on a Flour Dusted Kaiser Roll with Lettuce, Tomato, and onion. Choose from the following toppings; Cheddar, American Cheese, Bacon Grilled Mushrooms and Grilled Onion $14.99
DSCN6618.jpg

Side of fries $3.99
DSCN6620.jpg

Here’s my ½ of the burger with fries:
DSCN6624.jpg

This was as awesome as it always is. And the fries were Plaza Restaurant perfection.

Michael was in the mood for dessert so we split a banana split. Even the name implies sharing.

Plaza Restaurant Banana Split $7.99
DSCN6626.jpg

I always try to eat as much of the banana and whip cream as possible without my partner wondering where all the banana went. This is oh so good. At least for the parts that I eat. If they had a banana with strawberry and pineapple topping with whip cream I’d be happy.

Group photo:
DSCN6629.jpg

Using TiW we saved $14.59.

I’m so glad that we were able to get together and spend some time together. They are an adorable, friendly young family that we really enjoyed spending time with that day! Here's a link to Melissa's current TR.

Next Up: Contempo Café dinner

Contempo Café Dinner - Thursday May 8, 2014

DSCN7015.jpg

Our last dinner at WDW had a significant change of plans at the last minute since we were too exhausted to go over to Epcot to eat at Tokyo Dining. I had called Disney Dining earlier in the afternoon to cancel the reservation knowing that I’d be charged the $20 cancellation fee. :rolleyes1 Sometimes you just have to eat it.

We couldn't come up with any ideas of where to eat nearby that appealed to both of us so in the end I suggested going to Contempo Café and taking the food to go and eating on our balcony. Michael agreed – with the condition that there be a cupcake in it for him. Sure!

Using the self-serve kiosk you can change your mind as much as you wish so there’s no pressure to get it right the first time. We also explored a few options.

I ordered the pepperoni flatbread while Michael chose the smoked turkey sandwich with chips.

And this little baby from the bakery case!
“Frozen” Chocolate cupcake $5.19
DSCN7044.jpg

I’m a pro at the process so I knew to take the receipt, get any fridge or shelf items and then go to the cahier to pay. They give you a pager for when your order is ready. Like any counter service place, it didn’t take long. Our order was packaged “to-go” since we were taking it with us back to the room.

DSCN7060.jpg

Smoked Turkey BLT Sandwich: Cheddar Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, and Bacon on Multi-Grain Bread with Chips $9.69
DSCN7063.jpg

Pepperoni Flatbread $8.79
DSCN7064.jpg

The pepperoni flatbread was very good! I like thin crust pizza so a flatbread is a great option. I had no complaints at all other than I could only eat about ½. If they had a smaller option with a side salad that would be nice. I have ordered the kid’s pizza several times and it was just ok. I like the adult pepperoni pizza better but the value for the kid version is much better since you also get two sides. Just an idea for the light eaters out there.

As for the Turkey BLT sandwich… it looked fresh and delicious and Michael confirmed that it was fine. No complaints from him so it must have been what he expected.

That Frozen themed cupcake didn’t last long. I don’t recall what he thought of it or what the frosting was like…. My past experience with the CC cupcakes is mixed so who knows. It was cute through.

It was nice to eat in the room so that option served us well.

Next Up: The Wave Breakfast

The Wave Breakfast - Friday May 9, 2014

DSCN7266.jpg

We had an 8am reservation at The Wave, at the Contemporary, which was a convenient ride down the elevator and walk across the bridge. We checked in a little early and were seated no problem.

I’ve only ordered from the menu; however, Em keeps encouraging me to try the buffet. I usually can’t justify yet another buffet since I’m ok ordering oatmeal. However, this morning once seated and looking at the menu Michael said he was going to go browse the buffet.

Our server told us if we wanted that option to go ahead and help ourselves and she would bring our drinks around.

Menu options:
DSCN7274.jpg

DSCN7275.jpg

DSCN7276.jpg

Buffet options:
DSCN7277.jpg

MICKEY WAFFLES – whole grain variety
DSCN7306.jpg

DSCN7282.jpg

DSCN7294.jpg

DSCN7298.jpg

DSCN7299.jpg

DSCN7300.jpg

DSCN7301.jpg

DSCN7302.jpg

DSCN7303.jpg

DSCN7305.jpg

DSCN7304.jpg

DSCN7307.jpg

DSCN7295.jpg

DSCN7296.jpg

I ended up taking Em’s advice and followed after Michael by choosing the buffet. They had a lot of nice options and the food looked fresh and delicious and the other important factor… they kept it neat and not completely a mess looking like people had been picking through it.

Starting with my favorite, they had Mickey waffles which made me very happy, I put a couple of those on my plate.

DSCN7310.jpg

My other plate was some scrambled eggs that had sat a little too long under the heat lamp since they were a little rubbery, then some breakfast potatoes which were a bit salty but good, and a biscuit that was ok. I remembered having a fresh/hot biscuit from this place a couple years ago and it must have been delivered right out of the oven since it was hot and amazing.

DSCN7309.jpg

The final thing on my “savory” plate was grits. In keeping with trying new things this trip I decided to sample this dish. These had cheese and bacon in them. They were the star of the plate. I LOVED these things. In fact, I loved them so much that I want to go back to The Wave for more. Oh so good!

And finally, a bowl of steel cut oatmeal completed my breakfast options. The oatmeal was a whole lot of gooey but I ate it nonetheless. I don’t add toppings since I like it with just Splenda although they have dried fruit and brown sugar.

DSCN7314.jpg

Michael was happy that they had salmon and its accoutrements. That is one of his favorite vacation breakfast foods.

He did have some fun with his fruit and cinnamon rolls.
DSCN7321.jpg

Our server told us that the buffet comes with 2 beverages so if we wanted juice and coffee that was fine. Good to know!

I can finally say that my perception of The Wave, although not near the top of the list, is starting to emerge as a hmmmm let’s go back there option. ;)

Using our TiW card (or rather Paula’s as the case may be since ours were switched around the last meal that we ate together at WCC!) we saved $8.60. The buffet has increased in price to $21.49. This is still a bargain compared to some breakfast buffets so I’m not complaining.

Next Up: Be Our Guest Lunch

Be Our Guest Lunch - Friday May 9, 2014

DSCN7470.jpg

We had no lunch plans for our last meal at WDW. Since we were in MK I thought that I’d introduce Michael to Columbia Harbor House. When we were near the Tangled restrooms when I had an aha moment! I stopped dead in my tracks, grabbed Michael’s face in my hands, stared him in the eyes and asked him if he trusted me with his life. Ok, it wasn’t that dramatic but the stopping in our tracks thing did happen. I realized that this was our opportunity to have lunch somewhere that he’d never been… and I’d not been except for the mediocre dinner… yet it was so compelling to return. Yes folks, we were dining at Be Our Guest for lunch. Dinner may not thrill me; however, I was willing to try lunch.

The line was starting at the restaurant sign before it proceeded down the bridge to the entrance. We were told it was about a 45 minute wait. It didn’t look that long but what do I know. I told Michael that I'd wait in the hot sun and he could duck into some shade. That sounds considerate but I had an ulterior motive... I didn't want him to get sun-stroke and hate this place before we even got to the front of the line. I figured if I did all the standing in the sun he'd have a more positive opinion. However, he didn't go for that idea, instead standing right there with me for a whopping... 15 minutes! Yep folks, it wasn't 45 minutes so that was good.

How come I’ve never noticed that the architecture looks like it was demolished by a missile and we are in a post-apocalyptic Fantasyland?

DSCN7472.jpg

There were umbrellas being passed out closer to the front and a cart with ice water. Nice touches for sure since it was blazing hot.

DSCN7495.jpg

DSCN7501.jpg

The golions were sinister
DSCN7513.jpg

It only took about 20 minutes to get to the entrance and then a few minutes longer before we were directed to our very own self-serve order kiosk. In the meantime we enjoyed passing through the suits of armor corridor where those guys were not serious about their duties. Snickering and whispering and such.

DSCN7530.jpg

Hidden Mickey:
DSCN7524.jpg

We passed by the fireplace where Beast greets his guests in the evening.

DSCN7534.jpg

It was really easy to order, we were pros, this was just like last night at Contempo Café except you scan your Magic Band or the Magic Rose at the beginning of the transaction so that the RFID rose will act as the homing signal for the delivery of the food to your table. (Certainly there’s a more technical term for this but I haven’t a clue!)

I took photos of the process… it is very easy.

DSCN7542.jpg

DSCN7544.jpg

Don’t forget dessert!
DSCN7547.jpg

And Merci! We were free to seat ourselves.
DSCN7549.jpg

This was Michael’s first opportunity to see the ballroom and while he didn’t swoon at the amazingness of it, he did pause and nod and say yeah, it’s cool.

DSCN7626.jpg

DSCN7628.jpg

He was going to take the first seat he saw, which happened to be the ballroom. I had other plans since he’d not seen the entire restaurant. We went into the West Wing which I thought would be a lot more interesting. We found a table against the far wall to the right of the entry which was perfect. I ditched Michael and went on a photo tour of the room. I almost forgot to leave the rose at the table. That would have been interesting to see them try to deliver the food to a moving target.

DSCN7551.jpg

DSCN7568.jpg

DSCN7575.jpg

DSCN7573.jpg

I saw our order being rolled to the table in the food trolley so I returned in time to get this blurry photo. You get the idea – they place the order in the carts and roll it to your table. Bottled drinks included.
Michael ordered the tuna salad and I had wanted to try the roast beef sandwich since the first time I saw reviews of this item.

Tuna Nicoise: Warm Seared Tuna Steak, Chilled Greens, Green Beans, Potatoes, Olives, Roasted Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, Hard Poached Egg $13.49

DSCN7582.jpg

Honestly, I didn’t pay attention to what Michael thought of his lunch since I was busy chasing down someone to replace the cold, limp fries they served with my lunch. For some reason I don’t think they wanted me walking through the restaurant with my plate and a serious frown on my face. A few CMs passed me by as I was walking towards the front and someone finally asked if there was a problem. They asked where I was seated and brought a fresh order of fries within minutes.

Carved Prime Chuck Roast Beef Sandwich: Served Warm on a Baguette with Horseradish Sour Cream and Pommes Frites $12.49
DSCN7595.jpg

After having a fresh batch of fries delivered, I was excited to bite into my sandwich since it looked tasty. And I’m pleased to share that it tasted much better than I expected. This was delicious. This roast beef far outperformed the prime rib I was served at Yachtsman Steakhouse. How sad is that?? The meat was thinly sliced and had the perfect touch of pink in the middle. The horseradish sour cream really made this sandwich delightful. If they served some on the side I would have been happy. Just so I could add more! It is a very large sandwich so I gave ½ to Michael. However, I ate most of the fries.

We didn’t skip dessert! Michael ordered the lemon meringue cupcake and enjoyed it while I had the strawberry cream cheese cupcake that I’d had several times before. Honestly, I think the cupcake had lost its amazingness factor since I didn’t love it like last time. Perhaps I’m my love affair is fading or maybe I need to try something new. You know, keep it fresh!

Lemon Meringue Cupcake: Vanilla Sponge Cake, Lemon Custard filling and Flamed Meringue Icing $4.19
DSCN7583.jpg

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake: Vanilla Sponge Cake, Strawberry Mousse filling and Cream Cheese Icing, $4.19

DSCN7601.jpg

When we were almost done with our meal I looked up and noticed that someone had ripped the tapestry hanging overhead. It totally looked like a Beast had ripped through that place. Such anger!

DSCN7610.jpg

On the way out we explored the Library room that we’d not seen on our way in and a couple other stops for photos.

DSCN7633.jpg

So here’s my honest opinion. I would prefer corn dog nuggets from Casey’s Corner than re-book dinner at BoG. However…. I would book a BoG lunch before I’d book a YSH dinner! True! So what I’m saying is that I loved lunch at BoG and enjoyed almost all of the benefits of the dinner experience and actually adored my entrée choice. For me, that holds more value than greeting the Beast or waiting to be shown to my table and having someone take my order. Maybe I just haven’t found the dinner entrée that would make this place worthy of re-booking… I’m not certain but with such a strong lunch option I may not give dinner another chance.

That’s a Wrap! So ended our dining for this trip. :)

Thanks for hanging in there with this DR that took a little longer to complete than I'd planned.... I wish I had more DISboard time but such is the season in life.

I have yet to share our 15 days of Disney dining from our July/August trip so if I can find some free time I may queue that one up to share. :)

This is concluding right before Em and I depart for a short trip to WDW for F&W and a few Disney dining favorites.

Happy Disney dining everyone and thank you again for reading along! :goodvibes

Thanks for hanging in there with this DR that took a little longer to complete than I'd planned.... I wish I had more DISboard time but such is the season in life.

I have yet to share our 15 days of Disney dining from our July/August trip so if I can find some free time I may queue that one up to share. :)

This is concluding right before Em and I depart for a short trip to WDW for F&W and a few Disney dining favorites.

Happy Disney dining everyone and thank you again for reading along! :goodvibes

I hope you and Em have a great trip! I'm sorry to miss you once again. :sad1:

I have a list of food we have eaten on our latest trip thanks to dining reviews like yours:

Crews Cup Lounge - I had the short ribs and they were very good, but the best part was the mashed potatoes that I had subbed for the risotto. Those mashed potatoes were SO GOOD! It was probably the same ones that the Yachtsmen serves. The Angus cheeseburger is also delicious, and cheaper than one at the Plaza. ;)

Liberty Tree Tavern - my DH decided to try the pot roast and you were right, it was delicious. I had to eat some of his meal as well as my own turkey dinner. And the Ooey Gooey Toffee Sundae was as good as ever.

We had the cheese soup and the mushroom filet at the Canada booth at F&W. The filet was good and served medium rare, my favorite way to eat good meat. The cheese soup was good, too, but a little bit small for the price. I was really glad that they served those items at F&W since that was the only way we were going to taste them. :)

Captain's Grille - we ate breakfast there three times last week and I have to agree that the breakfast buffet is good but not great. I think that the food is probably fresher and tastier when ordered off the menu. The same was probably true about your breakfast at the Wave.

Be Our Guest lunch - we've eaten there before and I like the pork dish. The lemon raspberry puff pastry is really good. :)

Thanks for posting such a detailed and fun trip report. It is always a pleasure to read your threads. :)

Thanks for spending your free time giving us amazing dining reviews. I totally agree about BOG. We went there for dinner in Dec 2012 and I wasn't blown away. I think the lunch offerings are much better and hopefully I'll snag a FP+ for us when the time is closer.

Thanks again and can't wait to read your next report! :thumbsup2

So here’s my honest opinion. I would prefer corn dog nuggets from Casey’s Corner than re-book dinner at BoG. However…. I would book a BoG lunch before I’d book a YSH dinner! True! So what I’m saying is that I loved lunch at BoG and enjoyed almost all of the benefits of the dinner experience and actually adored my entrée choice. For me, that holds more value than greeting the Beast or waiting to be shown to my table and having someone take my order. Maybe I just haven’t found the dinner entrée that would make this place worthy of re-booking… I’m not certain but with such a strong lunch option I may not give dinner another chance.

That’s a Wrap! So ended our dining for this trip. :)
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree with you on the preference of corn dog nuggets over the BOG dinner. Our dinner there was horrible. However, we LOVE the lunch. My husband and I usually share the roastbeef and turkey sandwiches. We did enjoy our Yachtsman dinner though. Great updates and can't wait to read your next report!

Bravo Brenda! :worship: Congrats on completing another great dining report. I've been absent from the DIS for awhile now so was happy when I checked in today and found the last of your reviews from May. As of now I'm planning to visit four of the five places from your final reviews during my upcoming trip so was very glad to read your reviews.

Anyway, I look forward to reading your next dining report and then the next one after that. ;) Have a great trip this weekend! Say hello to Paula & Hunter for me. :wave2:

Wow...you sure packed them in here.

I'm so glad you guys got to Crystal Palace and love the photos of the characters with you, and the photos of my puffed French toast.

The Plaza! I made Mark order the fries while I got the chips and we shared. It's always a great meal, and glad Michael was willing to share with you.

One of these days I am going to get to The Wave.

Have fun with Em at F&W.

Sad that your report has come to an end but hopeful you will find the time to share more dining experiences with us. Have a great F&W trip!

The dreaded two top table at a buffet. :rotfl2: My eldest daughter and I got one at Chef Mickeys and it was a challenge.

I fell in love with the CP breakfast on our first visit in May. Such great interaction and super good choices. Mickey waffles and puffed French toast. SO GOOD! I also seem to recall making a trip up for more breakfast potatoes.

Yay for BOG lunch redeeming itself! And for the line moving quickly! I still haven't been in yet but it is definitely a priority for us next time although since we are mostly vegetarian the menu is a bit shaky for both lunch and dinner. I will have to figure that out.

Thanks again for the great reviews! :flower3:

Thank you. ha ha! My camera does all the work. :lmao:

You probably know what I mean when I say that sometimes the bread is better than the meal. 'Ohana, Kona, YSH... to name a few. ;)

I understand Disney making changes over time but come on... some things you shouldn't mess with. Plus the fact that they didn't ask me before they did that. :rotfl2: I don't recall Figaro fries it may have been before I started making regular pilgrimages to The World.

Good question about DL dining. They don't have the same 180 window, they actually have a narrower 60 day window. However, I can tell you that it is rare if we are not able to get a reservation at a more popular restaurant like Blue Bayou within a few days. Carthay Circle tends to be a little more competitive but they also have the World of Color dinner packages that make it more popular. Napa Rose is usually booked the same day or within a day or two. It's definitely not as cut throat to get an ADR!

Great news!! Thank you so much! I butchered your response and the other restaurant wasn't yet built when I was at Disneyland in 2005. I was one of the crazy people who waited in DCA all night to get into the 50th birthday merchandise lines, lol. :goodvibes:

Now I want to thank you for another wonderful report!! We will be arriving 10/17 for a week and I'm really excited about F&W and LUNCH at BOG!! This will be our first time there and with all the review of lunch being better than dinner we felt it was a safer choice.

Looking forward to more of your trip and dining reports!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter