Oh the Tragedy! No Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake this time! Updates x 5 9/30

emmysmommy

DIS Veteran
Hi there and welcome!

I’m happy to share the latest dining adventures or misadventures as the case may be for our latest WDW trip which included 11.5 days of Disney dining from April 28th through May 9th.

DSCN0864.jpg

43c4b309-b633-48b8-ad4d-4a31c7538444.jpg

From the title you can tell that my favorite MK dessert didn’t happen this trip. It’s not the end of the world but I’ll maintain my regrets until I can rectify this next trip.

I’m Brenda, otherwise known as Emmysmommy here. This is my 7th Dining Review if you include my contributions to Barb’s live dining thread for our December 2013 trip.

My full time dining partner this trip was my husband Michael with a few DISers joining for most meals – namely, Paula (Smile4stamps – Here's the link to Paula's DR/TR) and her DH Hunter, Barb (Jabead – here's the link to Barb's DR), and Beth (Couchy) also joined us for several meals as she arrived for a long weekend while we were there. There were some other meals shared with other DISers as well. I’ll share those surprise guests along the way. We were also excited that our middle son and his girlfriend were able to meet up with us for a night so they had a dinner and breakfast with us as well.

Paula and Hunter
DSCN0855.jpg

Barb with Michael & Brenda
DSCN9338.jpg

Beth with Paula, Hunter, Michael and Brenda
DSCN4063.jpg

Noticeable absent this trip, and for the first time since we’ve been coming to WDW, was Emmy. She had already taken a break from school for our December trip so being absent nearly 2 weeks this close to the end of school wouldn’t have worked for her school responsibilities. She is part of the yearbook team which means that her editorial deadlines wouldn’t allow her to ditch her group for this trip. Since this was booked as a slightly belated 50th birthday trip with my DH, Michael, it worked out well in the end.

This trip had many of the meals co-planned with Paula since her trip was already booked by the time I joined in. I was glad to add a few new places to our dining line-up in addition to many favorites. We had a few changes once we arrived at WDW, actually omitting a few meals. In the end, we didn’t go hungry by any means. Here’s our dining line up for the 11 nights:
Day 1:
Jiko (D) - Post #37

Day 2:
Tusker House (B) - Post #73
Tusker House Breakfast Part 2 - Post #74
Yak & Yeti (L) - Post #75
Yachtsman Steakhouse (D) - Post #88

Day 3:
Kona Café (B) - Post #117
Liberty Tree Tavern (L) Post #144
‘Ohana (D) Post #168

Day 4:
The Mara - morning snacks - Bonus Content! Post #191
Flame Tree BBQ (L) Post #192
California Grill Part 1(D) Post #193
California Grill Part 2 - Post #213

Day 5:
Boma - Part 1 (B) Post #214
Boma Part 2 (B) Post #215
Chefs de France (L) Post #216
Flying Fish (D) – new for us - Post #217

Day 6:
Captain’s Grille (B) - Post #250
50’s PT Café (L) - Post #251
Bonus: Writer's Stop snack - I wonder what this could be?
Shula’s (D) Post #274

Day 7: Changes made but we were left with …
Via Napoli (L) - Post #291

Day 8:
Kouzzina (B) - Post #292
Teppan Edo (L) - Post #293
California Grill #2 (D) - Post #294

Day 9:
Grand Floridian Café (B) - Post #295
Pecos Bills (L) - Post #311
Hoop Dee Doo (D) – new for us - Post #316

Day 10:
Whispering Cyn Café (B) - Post #333
Le Cellier (L) - Post #334
Kona Café (D) - Post #335

Day 11:
Crystal Palace (B) - Post #347
Plaza Restaurant - lunch with a DISer (L) - Post #348
Contempo Café (D) - Post #349

Day 12:
The Wave (B) - Post #350
Be Our Guest (L) - Post #351

I had purchased a new Tables in Wonderland card during our last trip in December 2013. Therefore, it made sense that we HAD to book a return trip to take advantage of the 20% discount for food and beverages (including alcohol) for many TS locations in WDW. (And a few counter service locations as well.)

So with that, let’s see what was awesome, which favorites continued to delight, and what meals were better left skipped.

Thanks for joining this edition of my dining review.

Count me in! I'm looking forward to following Barb's, Paula's, and your report so I can get the 'full picture.' :) Sounds like a great trip, although I'm sorry Emmy couldn't join you.

And no toffee cake - uh oh! Still haven't tried that dessert, although based on the reviews it gets, I need to correct that eventually.

Hi Brenda! :wave2:

Like Mr. DDW, I am looking forward to reading all 3 of your reports to get everyone's take from a different perspective. I was having some serious Disney blues thinking I would not be getting to my happy place this year but now that our September trip is booked, I am looking forward to changing my ADRSs several times based on these reports! :rotfl:

(Already added Raglan Road thanks to Paula!)

Looking forward to your reviews, they are always so well written and informative. Glad you could all get together again this trip and am enjoying Paulas and Barbs reviews also.

I'm here and perhaps even made it on the first page. Can't wait for your reviews to begin! :banana:

Loved your last review so count me in : ) We are taking our first couples trip in November and it will be a first for us. We've been going to disney world since 1988 and I've done family trips, daughter's and Mom trips, daughters & granddaughters and Meema trips, grandsons, daughter and Meema trips and many other combos of family members. So a just us trip should be interesting for us and following along on your vacation should be fun. Looking forward to reading along!!

Can't wait to read your report! Had a great time for the short but I was there:cool1: Can't wait to see how the rest of the dining went

YAY! More Brenda! I so enjoy your other TR's and DR's and I will do better to comment this time, but I'm always reading!
:thumbsup2

I'm in. Need some ideas for our next trip and you have hit a few places I have not tried yet. :banana:

Brenda,

So glad to see you've started a new DR. Sorry there will be no Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake in this report, but that's an excuse to book another trip soon.:thumbsup2

Hi Brenda, I am in. I am following the other 2 as well, so I will get to see and hear the whole story. Love your reports and can't wait to hear how this trip went for you guys. I have decided that I will do a DR for our July trip this year.

Been one of the infamous lurkers of your reports for a while, so shamefully subbing in officially this time. Can't wait to see what you and the hubby have in store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter