Oh Sweet Mother of Bread Pudding...What have I got myself into? 9/26 Update!

Dizneydawn

One Road Trip Away From A STRAIGHT JACKET! Wanna
DVC Gold

******LINKS TO COMPLETED REVIEWS AT BOTTOM OF THIS Post!!!!!!!!!!!

I am usually on this portion of the Dis to look and linger over others food choices and wonder what I can do to make the most amazing dining experience for my family.

I stalk, I obsess and I often second guess every last resie I get and review at what the final spreadsheet looks like from a distance :3dglasses, upside down :upsidedow, from friends opinions :chat: and if I could get Obama to return a call, a presidential seal of approval would be a nice touch.

Usually I write TR's. I write them with fervor and angst. I put in details I often should not, am honest about my wackadoo family and what we run into which is never simply Disney"ish" behavior from ourselves or others. We have met some of our best friends through the Dis and now, with this next trip approaching chop chop wickie wickie, I decided why not? :confused3

Why not try a dining report?

I am a good writer. :surfweb:

I am a good eater. popcorn:: (Too good if we will be honest and we should be honest at a dining review thread right??? :teacher: :lmao:)

So why not combine my loves and try one??? I always post my recipes from our famous Road Trips. People seem to love them and I never have an empty plate at my table from guests so I know I can cook and maybe I can help figure out what a meal lacks that is just so-so.

Maybe I can tell you all what is a MUST EAT so you do not waste a resie like we have done, with food that was not worth the money or time we spent on it.

I am also a stickler for customer service and will review our experiences with wait staff. If I get a waiter or waitress that acts like we should be grateful they are simply in the same air space we are, I will call them out. :snooty: I never treat people with disrespect and will not tolerate it in reverse. I will also be up front about the exceptional service we experience and give beyond any standard tip when they deserve it! :worship:

This trip will be a couples start with myself and Dan. Then a few days in, we will be joined by my son Baylor who is 15 and eats more than Dan and I put together and won't gain an ounce.

Our lineup will have a few "on the road" stops as we will be driving from Minnesota! :car: :scared1:

Once we arrive at WDW, the dining lineup looks like this:

TS

Garden Grove - !!!!!!!!! review done & posted below at bottom of post
GF Garden Tea Room
Yak & Yetti
The Wave
Tutto Italia
Las Hacienda
Spirit of Aloha
Kona
Ohana
Le Cellier
California Grill
Boma - Breakfast
Via Napoli
Raglan Road
House of Blues

CS
Starring Rolls
Casey's
Columbia Harbor House
Wolf Gang Puck Express
Earl of Sandwich

and many more I am sure!

***WILLING TO TAKE SUGGESTIONS!!

Snacks and some adult beverages will also be reviewed!!

Thinking about what clever grading scales I could have...I have decided to go with this:

Paula Dean:
GHK0508WEpaula003-lg.jpg
This is an A! Great service, fantastic food, good atmosphere and a must do ASAP! The Holy Grail of culinary perfection. This is lean back, unbutton those jeans so you can make room for more, type of eating!
(I love Paula!!! She always makes you feel like you can easy peasy be her, live her life, eat some good food that might not always be good for you and find love in your food, friends and family. I have never made a recipe of hers and questioned an ingredient or had an outcome different than I expected.)

Emeril Lagasse:
emeril-lagasse-net-worth2.jpg

This is a solid B! This meal is just missing something to send it over the top. It might be one aspect of the meal was not flavorful, service could be lacking or maybe the atmosphere is neutral and does not add to the dining experience.
(Emeril, IMO, is a solid, technical chef with great ideas but sometimes he is so busy explaining to himself what he wants to do or likes that he forgets he has others watching who want in on his thoughts as well. Sometimes you cook and eat one of his recipes and will go back to the recipe after because you feel you must have missed a step because something is just off.)

Anne Burrell:
20091204_burell_190x190.jpg

This is a C! The food and everything surrounding it is just ...eh! Like a corn dog you enjoy from the stove at home (soggy and lifeless) versus a State Fair dog of goodness! (Crispy battered and yummy!) Nothing horrible. Nothing Memorable. Something you do not want to waste calories on again because you know it will never be better the second time around. All you can do while eating is think of how not good it is compared to something else you have eaten in the past.
(Anne Burrell is just one of those people for me that is annoying. Nothing unique. Nothing I have not heard of before and every time I read an article or watch her, I wonder why she has made it to where she is. I cannot remember a single tip or trick I have stored in my brain from her and I store recipe ideas like an Egyptian archeologist stores mummies!)

Andrew Zimmern:
Andrew-Zimmern-promo.jpg

This is a D. An easy D. Something minimal saved it from the F but it is a long ways from a C. The food made you queasy. The ambiance reminded you of a frat party, the day after. The server, the food, the decor put together is like a car accident. You know you should not look but you cannot help yourself. Like the Naked Mole Rat at AK.
(I love Andrew. He has been a local Minnesota guy for a long time and I watch his show religiously. That being said I would never eat 1/400 of what he does. The fact he considers seeing what he is going to eat, alive and squirming, seconds before he eats it, means there is no way I would travel with him. He is though, just endearing and I am amazed at his gross gluttony...from a distance!)

Gordon Ramsay:
gordon-ramsay.jpg

You have received an F and you better pray and run for it! This means the entire experience is an abomination. From start to finish there is not a single redeeming quality. No mincing of words. No hiding behind smiles of courtesy. You would rather eat a centipede and feel it crawl down your throat with Zimmern, then eat there again!

And who will be doing the expert critiquing??

P1080598.jpg

This is Dan! As you can tell he is not shy about his palette opinion! :lmao:

P1080650.jpg

This is me, Dawn, and my absolute favorite server and dining experience last year at Y&Y!!

baylor2.jpg

This is Baylor a month ago after he got his braces off!!!

The journey starts next Monday, March 7th and will last almost 2 full weeks with a few days at the Beach in Clearwater at the end!!

Food Review links:Day 1 Food
Day 1 & Start of Day 2
Day 2 still
Day2 Garden Grove
Garden Grove Part 2
Day 3, Main Street Bakery Breakfast
Day 3 - GF Tea
Rest of Day 3 - Casey's, Egg Roll Wagon & Sassagoula Food Ct.
Day 4 - Breakfast at Sassagoula & Lunch @ Yak & Yeti
Ragland Road - end of Day 4
Day 5 AT LAST...Tutto Italia
Treats from Epcot
Epcot Snacking Cont'd
Floatwrights at PORS
WPE
WPE Lunch

I am definitely in for this one! :cool1: Planning to eat at many of the same restaurants in August so really looking forward to your reviews!

Oh my, I can't wait to read this report. I just hurt my back, falling off my chair, because I was laughing so hard, reading how you would rate your meals. BRING IT ON.

I am definitely in for this one! :cool1: Planning to eat at many of the same restaurants in August so really looking forward to your reviews!
So Glad you stopped by :cool1: and I promise you will have all of the good, the bad and the ugly before you leave for your trip!!!

YAY! so excited. Let's get this party started! Oh. Wait. It's only March 1st. Ok, I will patiently wait this week out, then I'm glued. :surfweb:

I forgot to tell you that we'll be right there with ya, starting on the 13th :thumbsup2

Oh my, I can't wait to read this report. I just hurt my back, falling off my chair, because I was laughing so hard, reading how you would rate your meals. BRING IT ON.
I will bring it but you need to get yourself some friends. :lmao: If this is funny to you I bet you are a riot at the gyno. :rotfl2:

Okay - seriously now, I thank you for the encouragement :lovestruc but you should read my TR's if you want actual laughter. I always have links to the updates on my TR's and will here as well to make it easy to skim through for those that just want the meat and potatoes of a TR!

I can't wait sounds like a great trip and I love your grading system:shamrock:
I hope I did not steal anyone elses! I have read a bunch and did not think so.

Paula and Anthony Bourdain were a hard call for me. Anthony is hot, smart, sassy and a no holds bar, love the moment and food you are enjoying kind of guy. His dinning experiences are memorable just to watch but his food tends to be a bit more wild than I like so I went with Paula. She doesn't smoke and has rosy cheeked wrinkles so I figured she would please the masses. :thumbsup2 Can you imagine if she was your Grandma??? How awesome would that be! You would not need to worry about her trying to get you to eat prunes and oatmeal for breakfast! :rotfl:

Joining in! Love your rating system! Ever since Paula Deen made the Krispy Kreme hamburger...sorry, the "Ladies Brunch Burger"...she's pretty epic in my eyes! Can't wait to see more! :yay:

Joining in! Love your rating system! Ever since Paula Deen made the Krispy Kreme hamburger...sorry, the "Ladies Brunch Burger"...she's pretty epic in my eyes! Can't wait to see more! :yay:

That is exactly what I mean! She cooks from a place that is just a hunch. A gift. A true art of expression and to heck if it is not fu fu or shi shi.

My kids ask what is for supper and I usually have no idea until I am half way through making it because I just let my gut tell me what to mix and add and it is usually not the same thing twice.

Unless it is my pumpkin/sausage soup, which I made again last night and the kids think is outstanding so I actually wrote it down for once!!:thumbsup2

Love, love, love your rating system!! Can't wait to read your reviews. Have an awesome trip!!! We'll be here waiting for you.

HOLY SCHMOLEY!! :scared1:

You're over here too!!

Im SO IN FOR THIS!!

and can I just say that if I was taking a trip to WDW, you and me would be eating at the same places...I cant WAIT to hear what you say about those restaurants...

I need your thoughts, I appreciate a good honest review, I can't imagine you'll lead us astray...:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter