Oh My! – The Brits Are At It Again! **COMPLETED** 11/13/11

:banana:Your back:banana:

You reviews are so refreshing. You even make the negatives sound positive:goodvibes

Cant wait to get to Flying Fish and Ohanas reviews as these are two of our possible choices for next year. At the moment we're torn between Cali Grill (one of your last reviews) and Flying Fish:headache: Your review migh just swing it one way or another for us, no pressurepopcorn::

Oh my, my mouth is watering looking at all the food!

I love how you talked to your liver and explained you would be good once you returned to England! :laughing:

The description of the Bluezoo beets salad sounds really good - it's a shame the taste didn't match.

Looking forward to the cupcakes popcorn::

What a gastro feast you had. Were you wobbling home with all the free drink??

Nope, I was a steady as a rock; I wish the same could be said for the Boardwalk though :rolleyes:

:banana:Your back:banana:

You reviews are so refreshing. You even make the negatives sound positive:goodvibes

Cant wait to get to Flying Fish and Ohanas reviews as these are two of our possible choices for next year. At the moment we're torn between Cali Grill (one of your last reviews) and Flying Fish:headache: Your review migh just swing it one way or another for us, no pressurepopcorn::

Thanks for joining in :goodvibes
It won't be long before I get to 'Ohanas and Flying Fish so I hope the reviews help :thumbsup2

Oh my, my mouth is watering looking at all the food!

I love how you talked to your liver and explained you would be good once you returned to England! :laughing:

The description of the Bluezoo beets salad sounds really good - it's a shame the taste didn't match.

Looking forward to the cupcakes popcorn::

Breakfast Cupcake review on the way :cool1:

Sunday 9th October Part One

Hello lovely DISers :wave2:; I hope your week is going well so far

After 24 hours of constant rain I was very happy to wake up to a dry day and took the opportunity for another quick run whilst DH snoozed

I headed down to Hollywood Studios and just thought it was the coolest thing ever to be running past the Tower Of Terror before the sun rose :thumbsup2

Today we were heading for Animal Kingdom as we had booked the 10.15am Wild Trek Africa tour

By the time we got to the car the rain had started again but we consoled ourselves with the fact that the animals would love the rain :)

After hitting a couple of rides and grabbing FPs we just had time to grab a “breakfast” treat from Kusafiri Coffee Shop And Bakery (sorry for the blurry photo)

IMG_5043.jpg

Zebra Cupcake

We sheltered from the rain and shared this wonderful and yummy treat along with a great cup of coffee

It was a wonderfully soft and fluffy vanilla cake topped with vanilla buttercream frosting with dark and white chocolate shavings ……….. just delicious :cloud9:

I had an extra bit of bounce in my very wet shoes as we headed for our walk on the wild side :jumping3:

Coming Up Next – Wild Trek Africa & Flame Tree Barbecue

Zebra Cupcake looks lovely! :cloud9:
I'm drooling over one. I've always had my intention on stopping by Kasufari Bakery but never succeeded. Next trip, I'm thinking that I would schedule 2 days at AK so we have enough time and stop by the bakery.

Great reviews again, Linda.

I am sorry I haven't posted much lately, but I had a lot to do, but I was reading along all the time - promise! :goodvibes

That cupcake looks mighty interesting. And I cannot wait to hear what you thought about the WAT. We did it in February and LOVED it ..... the food too. I hope to do it again some time soon, now that they have added more viewing areas to their Boma.

Waiting for your next reviews! :flower3:

Zebra Cupcake looks lovely! :cloud9:
I'm drooling over one. I've always had my intention on stopping by Kasufari Bakery but never succeeded. Next trip, I'm thinking that I would schedule 2 days at AK so we have enough time and stop by the bakery.

It's a great little bakery and if you enjoy coffee it's really good there :cloud9:

Great reviews again, Linda.

I am sorry I haven't posted much lately, but I had a lot to do, but I was reading along all the time - promise! :goodvibes

That cupcake looks mighty interesting. And I cannot wait to hear what you thought about the WAT. We did it in February and LOVED it ..... the food too. I hope to do it again some time soon, now that they have added more viewing areas to their Boma.

Waiting for your next reviews! :flower3:

Karin, you are forgiven :hug: it's a shame how life gets in the way of DISing :laughing: I am so enjoying your reviews again and you must be excited for your Feb trip :banana:

Really enjoying your reviews. Can't wait to hear about the Safari.

Thanks for reading along - next set of reviews should be up today :goodvibes

Really enjoying your reviews. The Swan and Dolphin Food Classic looks amazing, I would have loved to attended but it started a week after we left. May be next time.

Excellent reviews and stories about your time in WDW! It's almost like I'm there. :goodvibes The event @ the Swan & Dolphin looked like a lot of fun, and the food looked absolutely delish!

Thanks for the updates, and looking forward to reading more!

That Zebra cupcake sure looks yummy! :thumbsup2 I'm glad you enjoyed it with a nice cup of coffee.

Mmm, wish I could have cupcakes for breakfast back in the 'real world' :laughing:

Really enjoying your reviews. The Swan and Dolphin Food Classic looks amazing, I would have loved to attended but it started a week after we left. May be next time.

They really should extend this event to cover more than just one weekend; I'm sure they could sell the tickets :confused3

Excellent reviews and stories about your time in WDW! It's almost like I'm there. :goodvibes The event @ the Swan & Dolphin looked like a lot of fun, and the food looked absolutely delish!

Thanks for the updates, and looking forward to reading more!

Thanks for reading, next review coming right up :goodvibes

Wild Trek Africa

So let me start this review with an apology

It was raining so hard when we checked in for our Wild Trek Africa Tour that our guides recommended that we leave our cameras behind and let them be our photographers for the tour so the next little food review will be photo free :sad2:

When I receive our included photo CD there are apparently stock photos of the lunch on the disc but I also asked our guide to take photos of our lunch (which they happily did) so I may be able to post the disc once the disc arrives

I’m not going to fill the Dining Review Board with information about the tour but I will just say that I would highly recommend it; the Guides are wonderful and the whole Tour is just so much fun and incredibly well organised and informative.

If you get a rainy day like we did you should still go ahead and take the Tour, the animals were going crazy in the rain and in all my times at Animal Kingdom I have never seen the animals so active :)

Once you have been kitted out with all your gear (which includes a souvenir aluminium WTA water bottle for you to keep) you are taken to a small clearing to learn more about your upcoming adventure and enjoy a cup of POG juice (Passion Fruit, Orange and Guava Juice), I believe this is the same as is served at Tusker House and Boma and is delicious

Around two hours into our tour we were driven to the ‘Boma’ this is a beautiful raised wooden platform which is furnished with tables, chairs, lounge chairs and sofas in which you can sit, relax and enjoy the Savanna views. There are also restrooms available, and even these are beautifully decorated

The Boma is a little bit of paradise :cloud9:

The rain was beginning to ease off and sitting with DH relaxing whilst enjoying the view was just wonderful

We were offered more POG juice and shortly after we were delivered our lunches in a two tier tin lunch box.

Update - just got this picture from the Disney Food Blog to give you an idea of the presentation

WTA.jpg

Wild Trek Africa Lunch

When we removed the lids from our boxes it revealed several little compartments each containing a different dish, on top of which was a stunning (and edible) flower. Around the center of the box were 4 small pita bread portions to enjoy with your dishes

The presentation was wonderful and there was still another tier to explore underneath

I had pre-ordered a vegetarian lunch and our guide talked me through all of the various dishes and then explained what DH had in his selection; apparently all of the food is prepared at Tusker House

I didn’t have a note book so a lot of this is from memory but we both had Cous Cous which I am a big fan of and this was really well prepared, there was a regular hummus and a red pepper hummus and both were just delicious with the pita bread. I also had some Tabouleh and a couple of different types of salads with really tasty dressings.

In the bottom tier there was a wonderfully fresh Melon and Mint Salad which we both devoured.

DH’s selection was similar but instead of a couple of the salads served to me he was given a Chicken Curry dish and various cured meats

When booking this tour I hadn’t really given much thought to the food so I was very pleasantly surprised with the taste and quality of the dishes and well, what can you say about the setting and view :cloud9:

At the end of our Tour as we said our goodbyes our guides ran out with a huge flask of hot chocolate as we had all got so wet! – a really nice touch :thumbsup2

Shortly after we finished the tour the rain cleared and the sun shone through the clouds (and it kept shining for the rest of our trip) so we felt we should celebrate

IMG_5046.jpg

African Margarita– From The Dawa Bar (ooh and a Coke for DH)

Oh boy this was great and it was wonderful to finally take our ponchos off and kick back

We continued our day around Animal Kingdom and just before heading off to Downtown Disney for a spot of retail therapy DH decided he was hungry

We were close to Flame Tree Barbecue so that’s where we headed

IMG_5047.jpg

Chicken & Ribs Combo - Flame Tree BBQ

DH really enjoyed this and cleared the plate in no time, he said that the ribs were good and tender and the chicken moist, he really enjoyed the sides as well

IMG_5049.jpg

Key Lime Mousse - Flame Tree BBQ

I had a little taste of this but didn’t think it was that great, it wasn’t bad but I wanted to save myself for a sweet treat in Downtown Disney; DH finished it all and seemed to enjoy it

Right, let’s all jump in the car and head off to Downtown Disney :drive:

Coming Up – Ghirardelli’s

Ghirardelli

In no time at all we arrived at Downtown Disney which was nicely decorated for Halloween

IMG_5052.jpg

Downtown Disney Mickey Pumpkin!!

Our dinner reservation wasn’t until 9.15pm so I knew I needed a little something to keep me going; well shopping is very energy draining :rolleyes:

IMG_5054.jpg

The Haight AshBerry
Very Berry Sundae - strawberry cheesecake ice cream smothered with sliced strawberries under a layer of vanilla ice cream with blueberry topping, whipped cream, chocolate-covered blueberries and a chocolate dipped waffle roll

Oh my word this was AMAZING :love: it was DHs choice but I have to admit I managed to plunge my spoon into it on a couple of occasions

Next time we are in DDD I am definitely going to order this.

I am pretty sure there was some crushed meringue in it as well but it isn’t mentioned in the description

Next up, here is my choice

IMG_5053.jpg

Mint Bliss
One scoop of mint chip ice cream, one scoop of chocolate ice cream, dark chocolate hot fudge sauce, whipped cream and a square of Mint Bliss Intense Dark chocolate

Another winner

I have to admit that my No Way Jose would score a little higher but this was still yummy.

I love mint choc chip ice cream so this was always going to be a hit with me and the little slab of mint bliss intense dark chocolate was to die for (note to self: make sure you buy a box of these next time :thumbsup2)

After a little more shopping we headed back to the Boardwalk to relax and get ready for tonight’s dinner, another first for us:

Coming Up - ‘Ohana

The Wild Africa Trek sounds amazing. This is one (if we can afford it) we are thinking of doing. At what point do you make your food choices?and are their many items to choose from? TIA

:woohoo: 'Ohanas next :woohoo:

The Wild Africa Trek sounds amazing. This is one (if we can afford it) we are thinking of doing. At what point do you make your food choices?and are their many items to choose from? TIA

:woohoo: 'Ohanas next :woohoo:

WTA is really worth doing; it's expensive but such a great experience and you get a good three hours with your guides plus the photo CD is included

You don't have to choose your food in advance unless you make a special request for vegetarian etc; inside your lunch box are little snack size samples of each of the dishes I mentioned. It's not a huge amount of food but it was delicious

I'm glad you had a good time on your Wild Africa Trek! I'm sorry it was raining~ we loved the food too. They were very accomodating with us, as we had food allergies. Just for anyone's information, they have different offerings for the morning than they do for the afternoon. They also offer a kids' selection.

I'm curious...did you eat your flower? :flower3:

That berry sundae does look great!!!!! I might have to get that but....I might miss the cable car. [marshmallow & chocolate] What a great place for a treat!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter