• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh My! – The Brits Are At It Again! **COMPLETED** 11/13/11

Linda67

DIS Veteran
Hello there lovely DIS Peeps :wave2:

The greedy Brits have again invaded Orlando for a week of cocktails, cupcakes and too much candy popcorn::

For those who haven’t had the pleasure of my rambling dining reviews in the past, here are the introductions

Me – 43 :eek:
I don’t eat meat but I do eat seafood so it’s never too difficult to find something on a menu to enjoy
I’m not really a picky eater and I have been know to partake on one or two vacation cocktails :rolleyes1

DH – 45
He is the sensible one and sticks to soda as his drink of choice
He is a total carnivore who loves a good steak
He’s not a picky eater either and will try pretty much anything

Here we are at Flying Fish just last week:

IMG_5175-1.jpg

We stayed at the Boardwalk Villas from October 7th for seven nights. We planned to spend time at both the Epcot Food & Wine Festival and The Swan & Dolphin Food Classic so the location of the Villas was perfect

I didn’t make too many ADRs for this trip as I wanted to fully enjoy our first ever visit to the Food & Wine Festival

Stay tuned for the following reviews:

[post=43002473]Virgin Atlantic Lounge - London Gatwick[/post]
[post=42990917]Beaches & Cream[/post]
[post=43002505]Boardwalk Bakery[/post]
[post=43012315]Sunshine Seasons & The Land[/post]
[post=43025558]Epcot World Showcase Snacks[/post]
[post=43039380]Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic[/post]
[post=43050298]Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery[/post]
[post=43071508]Wild Trek Africa Lunch & Flame Tree BBQ[/post]
[post=43071534]Ghirardelli[/post]
[post=43081809]'Ohana[/post]
[post=43101066]Cinderella's Royal Table; Breakfast[/post]
[post=43108260]Aloha Isle[/post]
[post=43108439]Earl Of Sandwich[/post]
[post=43130185]Flying Fish Cafe[/post]
[post=43140348]Kona Cafe Breakfast[/post]
[post=43149107]Pecos Bill, Cosmic Ray's & MK Snacks[/post]
[post=43165308]Starring Rolls Cafe[/post]
[post=43175507]Hollywood Brown Derby[/post]
[post=43193005]Roaring Fork[/post]
[post=43213761]Epcot Food & Wine Booths Part One[/post]
[post=43214449]Epcot Food & Wine Booths Part Two[/post]
[post=43228314]Boardwalk Bakery & Columbia Harbour House[/post]

I would love you all to come along for the ride, no Fast Pass required :thumbsup2

Hooray...you've started your reviews! I hope you had a great trip, Linda. Ok, now bring on the food! :thumbsup2:surfweb:

Hi Linda! So glad you started your reviews before I leave, you can point me in the direction of the good stuff!

Subscribing! I loved your previous reports,especially the DLand Paris with the closest looking Jack Sparrow look alike I've ever seen :lovestruc. And you've given me quite a few "adult" beverages I need to try on our upcoming trip!:thumbsup2

Subbing for this!! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures at F&W! Very cute picture of you and DH too.

Hi
Can't wait for your reviews!! I don't eat meat either, but will eat some fish, so I'm really excited to hear about your reviews!!

Linda, I always love your reports. I can hardly wait.

:welcome: Hoping to get the first review posted this morning

Hooray...you've started your reviews! I hope you had a great trip, Linda. Ok, now bring on the food! :thumbsup2:surfweb:

:welcome: I had a wonderful trip thanks!

Hi Linda! So glad you started your reviews before I leave, you can point me in the direction of the good stuff!

:woohoo: Oh Nicki, I am so looking forward to your reviews, have a wonderful trip

Count me in! I've read your past reviews and really enjoyed them. :goodvibes

:welcome: Thanks for joining in

Yay! Loved your previous reviews! Looking forward to this one!

:welcome: Aww thanks, I hope you enjoy this one!

I enjoyed your other reviews. Subscribing! Look forward to it!:thumbsup2

:welcome: Hopefully I will be able to post a new review each day, thanks for reading along

Subscribing! I loved your previous reports,especially the DLand Paris with the closest looking Jack Sparrow look alike I've ever seen :lovestruc. And you've given me quite a few "adult" beverages I need to try on our upcoming trip!:thumbsup2

:welcome: Ah yes, the lovely French Jack Sparrow :love:

Looking forward to it!

:welcome: First review coming right up

Sounds like a great report coming our way :thumbsup2

:welcome: Thanks for signing on!

Subbing for this!! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures at F&W! Very cute picture of you and DH too.

:welcome: Aww thanks, it's one of the few photos we have that isn't of a plate of food!!

Hi Linda! I'm reading along esp if I don't need a fastpass! :rotfl:

Great photo at Flying Fish.

:welcome: Yay, you are here! - loving your reviews by the way

Hi Linda, am looking forward to this one popcorn::

I love your previous reviews!

:welcome: I hope you enjoy these reviews as well!

Looking forward to your reviews! Especially Flying Fish since I'm debating that one for January.

:welcome: Thanks for reading along, it shouldn't be too long before I post the FF review

I am also excited to read another review, I loved reading your last one! :goodvibes

:welcome: Thanks for joining in

Friday 7th October

We checked in at the Boardwalk Villas at around 7 pm following our flight from London

Neither of us wanted to venture far after our long flight so after picking up our refillable mugs from the Boardwalk Bakery we took the short walk around the lagoon to Beaches & Cream

I asked at the podium how long the wait would be for a table for two and the hostess said it would be around an hour; we didn’t mind waiting as it was a lovely evening and it would give us time to relax and grab a drink

I mentioned to the hostess that we would be happy to eat at the counter if that was available sooner and we were handed a buzzer

We popped into Beaches & Cream ‘To Go’ and grabbed a Coke for DH and a Root Beer for me and sat along the side of Stormalong Bay and enjoyed our drinks

I overheard the hostess informing other guests arriving shortly after us that the wait was now two hours and as a result most people decided to try elsewhere

We probably only waited about 20 minutes when our buzzer lit up and we where told that we could be seated at the counter right away :woohoo:

Let me just say I loved sitting at the counter, it was great fun watching the incredible ice cream creations being put together and the wonderful cast member responsible for these yummy desserts would talk us through the construction of each and every one whenever he got a fresh order

I think he probably made about 4 kitchen sinks whilst we were eating dinner and we really enjoyed chatting to him and watching the show popcorn::

Anyway onto the food

We were both pretty hungry by now as we had only had a very small meal on our Virgin Atlantic flight so we decided pretty quickly to order burgers

First up here is DH's burger

IMG_4984-2.jpg

Cheeseburger - A juicy beef patty served on a fresh baked bun

DH loved this burger, it was perfectly cooked, full of flavour and everything was hot and fresh. He wasn’t a huge fan of the seasoning on the fries (I loved them) but he ate pretty much all of them anyway

And the Vegetarian Burger for me

IMG_4986-1.jpg

Veggie Burger - Grilled Vegetable and Grain Patty on a Multi-Grain Bun

This was a great veggie burger. Vegetarian food can sometimes be quite bland but this was just perfect and I loved the fries which were perfectly seasoned and hot and fresh

It was mentioned on the menu that all of the bread used at Beaches and Cream was baked fresh everyday at the Beach Club and you could tell; it was far superior to the burger buns in the parks

Now there was no way I could pass up the chance of some ice cream for dessert; especially as I had been talked through the ingredients for pretty much every dessert on offer

I loved the sound of the ‘No Way Jose’ but having seen just how big these were I knew that there was ‘No Way Linda’ was ever going to eat even half of one :laughing:

Not a problem said our server, 'we will make you a mini one' :banana:

IMG_4988-1.jpg

No Way Jose - A Peanut Butter and Hot Fudge Delight with Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Morsels, Whipped Cream and a Cherry

Yep, this is a ‘mini one’!!; as you can see it’s still huge so you can imagine how big the full dessert is :scared1:

This was totally delicious and I am not ashamed to admit that I didn’t leave even a spoonful!, the chocolate and vanilla ice cream were both wonderfully creamy and the hot fudge and peanut butter sauce was heavenly :cloud9:

DH as always was much more sensible and restrained and ordered the Apple and Craisin Pie

Now I think this may have something to do with the fact that I was shovelling ice-cream into my mouth as quick as I could but I don’t seem to have taken a photo of DH’s pie :rolleyes:

Here is a link to a pic on the Disney Food Blog if you are curious:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/09/28/review-new-and-old-beaches-and-cream-desserts/

This was a big hit with him but he did wish that it was served warm and he took some of the whipped cream from my ‘No Way Jose’ to accompany it

There was a nice hint of cinnamon with the apples and the pastry was really light

Just out of interest, our server mentioned that they were waiting on delivery of a pie warmer and that the pie will soon be served warm

So all in all this was a wonderful way to kick off our vacation, the food was excellent and so was the service

I like to think that I at least worked off the cherry on top of the ‘No Way Jose’ on the brisk walk back to the Villas :rolleyes1

Coming Up Next - Breakfast At The Boardwalk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter