• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh My! – The Brits Are At It Again! **COMPLETED** 11/13/11

Thanks for reading Karin; only one more day to post now :goodvibes

A never ending parade of food and drink! This is why we love you Linda! I can only echo Karin:

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

It looks like a huge amount of food and drink when you see it all on one page I promise we paced ourselves :laughing:

Was the button undone at this stage? :laughing:

The button had completely popped off by this stage :rotfl2:

Me too!!!

:worship:

I adored that little pumpkin mousse!!!!

Wasn't the pumpkin mousse divine :cloud9:

That carrot cupcake looks awesome!!

Love the F&W offerings and yay on seeing the demo...a shame that there was no tasting allowed.

The Singapore shrimp cake with noodles looks awesome but oh no on the belgian waffle being hard. If I ever make it to a F&W festival that would be the one thing I would be really looking forward to trying as well :laughing:

Okay, I had a Fiber One bar for breakfast and haven't had anything since because we are going out for dinner with friends, and I am now drooling over your line-up at the F&W Festival. I may have to go have a snack now to tie me over to dinner. Everything looks heavenly. And love France and slush!

That carrot cupcake looks awesome!!

Love the F&W offerings and yay on seeing the demo...a shame that there was no tasting allowed.

The Singapore shrimp cake with noodles looks awesome but oh no on the belgian waffle being hard. If I ever make it to a F&W festival that would be the one thing I would be really looking forward to trying as well :laughing:

Everyone was raving about the waffles so I think we just got a bad example :sad2:
We did have a tasting at the culinary demo but I wish we hadn't :laughing:

Okay, I had a Fiber One bar for breakfast and haven't had anything since because we are going out for dinner with friends, and I am now drooling over your line-up at the F&W Festival. I may have to go have a snack now to tie me over to dinner. Everything looks heavenly. And love France and slush!

You are trying to be so good and then this mad English woman comes along and screws it all up :rotfl:

Friday 14th October 2011

Our final day :sad1:

With our bags all packed there was just time to head over to The Boardwalk Bakery to pick up some breakfast which we enjoyed out on the balcony

IMG_5280.jpg

Breakfast - Apple Danish, Yoghurt Parfait, Banana & Coffee

The Danish was for DH and he really enjoyed it; as with everything we picked up at the Boardwalk Bakery it was wonderfully fresh

The Yoghurt Parfait was for me; the granola topping was perfect, not too sweet and the berry compote and yoghurt were delicious

Oh how I miss the Boardwalk Bakery :cloud9:

Our flight wasn’t until later that evening so we decided to leave our bags with the concierge and head to the Magic Kingdom

We started the day by hopping on the first ferry to Tom Sawyer Island as I had been chatting to DH about the Paintbrushes that the CMs hide on the island each day and he was determined to find one!!

IMG_5287.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg

Look how proud he is :woohoo:

We used our prize of two fastpasses for a spin on Big Thunder Mountain and after a very pleasant morning we decided to get lunch at Columbia House

IMG_5289.jpg

Lighthouse Sandwich - hummus with tomato & broccoli slaw on toasted multigrain bread

Oh wow this was a great Sandwich; I’m a big fan of the Anchors Aweigh Sandwich at CHH but I now have a new favourite :thumbsup2

The bread was fresh and tasty and the Coleslaw was delightful with the hummus

This normally comes with Potato Chips but I asked if I could switch to a side of Cous Cous which the CM kindly did.

IMG_5290.jpg

Columbia Harbour House Cous Cous

This was suprisingly good and had clearly been freshly made, it was fluffy and moist and totally yummy

I notice that one of the entrees at CHH is Grilled Salmon with Broccoli and Cous Cous so I made a mental note to try that next time

IMG_5292.jpg

Fried Shrimp and Fish Basket - Served with cole slaw and French Fries

DH really enjoyed this, it’s a really generous portion and everything was hot and freshly cooked; the fish was crisp and not at all greasy

We split dessert

IMG_5293.jpg

Strawberry Yoghurt

IMG_5291.jpg

Apple Crisp

Both desserts were great and we loved the Apple Crisp (I would love a big dollop of vanilla ice-cream on top though :laughing:)

We spent the rest of the day touring the park when it suddenly dawned on me that there was one of the all time classics that I hadn’t had the chance to enjoy on this trip

IMG_5299-1.jpg

Mickey Bar

Wonderful as always :cloud9:

Sadly the time had come to leave the Magic Kingdom and we hopped on the bus back to the Resort

We still had a couple of CS credits left to use so we decided to head back over to The Boardwalk Bakery to get a couple of treats to enjoy by the pool and some Sandwiches to take to the Airport with us

IMG_5302.jpg

Fruit Cup

Don’t panic people, there are two truly unhealthy treats coming up :rotfl:

IMG_5301.jpg

Margarita (unhealthy treat number one) Mmmm

And one last cupcake for the road

IMG_5305.jpg

Strawberry Cupcake - Boardwalk Bakery

IMG_5306.jpg

A thing of beauty!

This was an amazing cupcake and we both loved it; the topping is fresh cream and therefore it’s not as sweet as some of the other frosting covered cupcakes.

I did notice that the description in the Bakery stated that this contained alcohol so I can only assume that the Strawberries had been marinated in some kind of liquor, whatever it was it was delicious :yay:

So goodbye Boardwalk, we can’t put if off any longer, it’s time to go home :sad2:

Whilst waiting in departures we had our final taste of Disney food for another 6 months or so

IMG_5307.jpg

Tomato Mozzarella Sandwich - on Focaccia bread with chips

I loved this, there was some pesto on top of the tomato and that really helped to lift the flavour

IMG_5308.jpg

Italian Sandwich with Pepperoncini Relish - on Ciabatta with Chips

DH kind of picked at this and didn’t particularly enjoy it; I think it was the relish that spoilt it for him but he managed to take most of the relish off the sandwich and ate the rest

“Ladies & Gentleman this is your final call for the Virgin Atlantic flight to London Gatwick’

So friends that’s it; thanks so much for reading along and your lovely comments

See Ya Real Soon xx

NO Linda, that can't be it? :scared1:
Please let me say that I truly enjoyed reading your reviews! You gave me lots of new ideas of what to try. :woohoo:

Can't wait for the next trip (May, isn't it?) ... hope you do a review of your Fantasy cruise as well.

AND ....... I loved the photo of your DH with the paintbrush! :thumbsup2

As always, loved your reviews, Linda. Very sorry to see them end! Looking forward to your next trip!

Thinking we have to find a way to try that strawberry cupcake on our next trip for sure!

Oh wow what a wonderful last day filled with yummy treats. Breakfast on the balcony looked perfect.

CHH looked delicious, I do like it there and normally have the tuna sandwich. The cupcake and sandwich with pesto also looked most appetising :goodvibes We normally take time to visit the bakery one afternoon and get lunch there.

Can you put on weight from just reading about food? :rotfl:

Well, all good things come to an end so I can only thank you for a wonderful dining review and I shall look out for your next one :)

Well what a good read that was! Thoroughly enjoyed it, and now can't wait for WDW next May - although we are sneaking off to Disneyland Paris next week for a Disney fix.

Thank you for taking the time to do all that :thumbsup2

Linda, I thoroughly enjoyed the "mad English woman's" reviews. Thank you so much for sharing. And thank you for the heads up about the pain brush on Tom Sawyer's Island; I never knew that and will have to tell Mark and maybe we'll venture there for the first time ever.

And the goodies at the Boardwalk Bakery on your last day look so yummy. And love the fried shrimp/fish at Colubmia Harbor House. :goodvibes

NO Linda, that can't be it? :scared1:
Please let me say that I truly enjoyed reading your reviews! You gave me lots of new ideas of what to try. :woohoo:

Can't wait for the next trip (May, isn't it?) ... hope you do a review of your Fantasy cruise as well.

AND ....... I loved the photo of your DH with the paintbrush! :thumbsup2

Hi Karin, yep we go back in May and it can't come soon enough :yay:
I will have your reviews to keep me entertained until then :thumbsup2

As always, loved your reviews, Linda. Very sorry to see them end! Looking forward to your next trip!

Thinking we have to find a way to try that strawberry cupcake on our next trip for sure!

Thanks so much, I can start making ADRs for the next trip in just a few days :woohoo:

Oh wow what a wonderful last day filled with yummy treats. Breakfast on the balcony looked perfect.

CHH looked delicious, I do like it there and normally have the tuna sandwich. The cupcake and sandwich with pesto also looked most appetising :goodvibes We normally take time to visit the bakery one afternoon and get lunch there.

Can you put on weight from just reading about food? :rotfl:

Well, all good things come to an end so I can only thank you for a wonderful dining review and I shall look out for your next one :)

Thanks for reading along :)
Roll on May 2012 :cloud9:

Well what a good read that was! Thoroughly enjoyed it, and now can't wait for WDW next May - although we are sneaking off to Disneyland Paris next week for a Disney fix.

Thank you for taking the time to do all that :thumbsup2

I am also sneaking in a Disney fix in Paris (Feb 2012)

Linda, I thoroughly enjoyed the "mad English woman's" reviews. Thank you so much for sharing. And thank you for the heads up about the pain brush on Tom Sawyer's Island; I never knew that and will have to tell Mark and maybe we'll venture there for the first time ever.

And the goodies at the Boardwalk Bakery on your last day look so yummy. And love the fried shrimp/fish at Colubmia Harbor House. :goodvibes

Paintbrush hunting is great fun, I couldn't get DH to leave the Island and he was gutted he only found one :laughing:
The CMs usually plant about 5 or 6 brushes and they are well hidden :thumbsup2

Once again, wonderful reviews! It was so much fun reading about your different experiences, including the highs and the lows. Can't wait to hear about your next trip!

Anyway, it's so cool that you found that paintbrush. A few years ago, I went looking for one (as soon as Tom Sawyer Island opened in the morning) but I couldn't find one. However, a very nice family that I'd encountered earlier on the raft actually found the paintbrush, and they invited me to go on Big Thunder Mountain with them. That was a very magical moment, but still, I have a lot of respect for anyone who actually found the brush on their own! :)

And Columbia Harbour House is wonderful. It was my favorite MK CS location even before the new menu additions, but now that they have salmon, broccoli, cous cous, and lobster rolls, I can't wait to return!

Oh no on reaching your last day :sad2:

As always I have enjoyed reading along...bring on the next set! :laughing:

Yay on finding a paintbrush. I have heard how hard they can be to find. Love the CHH review - their sandwiches sure are the best but I am tempted to try that grilled salmon as well.

Great review Linda. I really enjoyed reading the whole thing. Bring on May 2012. I'm at 181 days!! :cheer2:

Wait? It's over? How did that happen?:confused3

Fantastic as always Linda! Great photos, hilarious commentaries and lots of lovely food and drink! Fantastic!

Can't wait to hear how you get on in May! :)

Once again, wonderful reviews! It was so much fun reading about your different experiences, including the highs and the lows. Can't wait to hear about your next trip!

Anyway, it's so cool that you found that paintbrush. A few years ago, I went looking for one (as soon as Tom Sawyer Island opened in the morning) but I couldn't find one. However, a very nice family that I'd encountered earlier on the raft actually found the paintbrush, and they invited me to go on Big Thunder Mountain with them. That was a very magical moment, but still, I have a lot of respect for anyone who actually found the brush on their own! :)

And Columbia Harbour House is wonderful. It was my favorite MK CS location even before the new menu additions, but now that they have salmon, broccoli, cous cous, and lobster rolls, I can't wait to return!

DH is probably more excited about going back to Tom Sawyer Island on a paintbrush hunt in May 2012 than anything else :rotfl:
We are going to start the day with a Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Roll and then catch the first ferry to the island - great start to the day :cloud9:

Oh no on reaching your last day :sad2:

As always I have enjoyed reading along...bring on the next set! :laughing:

Yay on finding a paintbrush. I have heard how hard they can be to find. Love the CHH review - their sandwiches sure are the best but I am tempted to try that grilled salmon as well.

Thanks for reading along, CHH is the best CS at MK in my opinion :thumbsup2

Great reviews as always :goodvibes

Thanks for reading along; I am really enjoying your TR :goodvibes

Great review Linda. I really enjoyed reading the whole thing. Bring on May 2012. I'm at 181 days!! :cheer2:

Woo Hoo, the countdowns to May are certainly under way :banana:

Wait? It's over? How did that happen?:confused3

Fantastic as always Linda! Great photos, hilarious commentaries and lots of lovely food and drink! Fantastic!

Can't wait to hear how you get on in May! :)

Thanks for joining in Shari; not long until I can make my next batch of ADRs :yay:

Wow! That strawberry cupcake looks amazing! Do you think it's a regular at the bakery or did they just have out seasonally? I'd love to try it out when we go in January. Great reviews! It's always sad when we end the trip and even sadder when we end the review :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter