**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Okay, so here is my review....

The fireworks themselves were amazing!!! I arrived at the party around 7:25, which was 5 minutes before the start time and we were able to find a table right outside the dessert area. I tried the infamous bread pudding but actually didn't care for it. I like the frozen nutella. The brownie was okay, a tad dry...nothing special. My toddler loved the cheese cubes and watermelon! My two older children enjoyed their mickey bars and my husband loved two finger size desserts but I honestly can't say I know what they were.

During the party it was very crowded. Getting food to and from our table with 3 kids was very difficult. My 2 year old obviously couldn't reach the tabletop but seemed to do just fine standing next to us and having us hand him food. My two older kids 9 and 12 could reach the table no problem. I personally felt the space was much to crowded for the money spent. I have done the MK terrace dessert party a few years ago and that felt much less crowded then this experience. The storm troopers mulling around during the party were fun and did take a picture with my kids upon request which was nice.

We were done eating fairly quickly and headed out to the reserved area at 8pm for 8:45 fireworks. We were the first people there, but only by a few minutes, then it gradually started filling up. We got a spot right behind the rope for us and our kids. Our party had no handicapped so the whole front section was all kids. It worked well.

The staff outside was very friendly and chatty which was great, and my kids seemed to keep themselves busy waiting the full 45 min before the show that we arrived to the spot once they were handed their chewie steins. Just so you know the lines for Chewbacca during our party was about 10 min or less. So perhaps a good time to visit him or kylo.

Overall. I am glad we did it because the show was fantastic and we had great spots to view it. However, if I was among the many who were walked out following storm troopers I would have been unhappy with my spots. The roped in area seemed very full and had many stroller users like myself that took up space. IMHO it wasn't entirely worth the money, but we had fun and for us it was a one time thing. I wouldn't book it a second time.

I hope that they decrease the number of attendees (which I think they've already done for future shows) and perhaps find a different way to set it up thats less crowded around the food area. Also it would be nice to sit or at least have 1 large low table setup for smaller kids. It was a lot of standing for sure!

I agree. The plates were way too small. Holding that and one drink meant you had to go drop it off at the table before going back for more. When you have kids it's hard to keep going back and forth filling plates for everyone while also having family members at your table to hold your spots.

I met a really nice couple tonight on the boat to DHS who said they were on the DISBoards. They were going to the fireworks tonight but decided against doing the party. I inquired if they were going when seeing their great star wars gear they were wearing. So if you are reading this, it was nice to meet you both!

With the space that's been allocated inside the Launch Bay for the party by DHS management, there just isn't room to have tables for everyone. It's intentionally designed so that people get their food and drinks however many times they wish, then either mingle in the area or explore the Launch Bay.
Of course there's room for tables for everyone. All they have to do is reduce the number of everyones, back to the preceding 140. Why would anyone pay to explore the launch bay when they can do that at other times without paying extra?

We loved trading withe the jawas but found them to be pickey. My son was turned away with no trade twice. He is older so it didn't really matter but we saw little kids being turned away, too. I gave a Star Wars ring to a little kid to trade and they even refused that. They also refused plastic gems the second time we tried to trade with them. Maybe something shinier?? They are super cute though - such fun to watch.
Just a quick idea for JAWA trading that worked PERFECTLY for us... I bought a pack of different colored rings that light-up and flash. They LOVED them!! Danced around with them on, ran from guest to guest to show them the rings, took their own selfies using DD9's phone... it was HILARIOUS and a ton of fun!! Both DD9 and DS11 traded. :)

We saw a few kids try to trade unsuccessfully (a sticker and something else), so we gave them some rings to trade as well. Didn't get old that night, at least!!

Slightly concerned that, being solo, I won't be able to eat and drink with no table comfortably :(

These reviews are helpful as we hope to attend a party in October...If they want to keep the plates small to minimize folks from taking a large mounded plate of deserts, they could switch to the kind of plates that have the wine glass / stem holder -- and then also make sure they are using glasses wth stems...

The standing buffet is actually quite popular - 15 years ago I was married at an aquarium. We had 150 guests but formal table seating (some was high tops!) for 80 and built in benches for another 35 or so. We reserved tables for groups - so elderly had seats and then large groups of friends had a 'home base' table. It worked very well (always had folks dancing and walking around the exhibits and they didn't all eat at the same time)....I guess I am sharing this because it says that the model of seating for 50-70% of your guests CAN work...I'm just not sure it's working at THIS event...

Okay, so here is my review....

The fireworks themselves were amazing!!! I arrived at the party around 7:25, which was 5 minutes before the start time and we were able to find a table right outside the dessert area. I tried the infamous bread pudding but actually didn't care for it. I like the frozen nutella. The brownie was okay, a tad dry...nothing special. My toddler loved the cheese cubes and watermelon! My two older children enjoyed their mickey bars and my husband loved two finger size desserts but I honestly can't say I know what they were.

During the party it was very crowded. Getting food to and from our table with 3 kids was very difficult. My 2 year old obviously couldn't reach the tabletop but seemed to do just fine standing next to us and having us hand him food. My two older kids 9 and 12 could reach the table no problem. I personally felt the space was much to crowded for the money spent. I have done the MK terrace dessert party a few years ago and that felt much less crowded then this experience. The storm troopers mulling around during the party were fun and did take a picture with my kids upon request which was nice.

We were done eating fairly quickly and headed out to the reserved area at 8pm for 8:45 fireworks. We were the first people there, but only by a few minutes, then it gradually started filling up. We got a spot right behind the rope for us and our kids. Our party had no handicapped so the whole front section was all kids. It worked well.

The staff outside was very friendly and chatty which was great, and my kids seemed to keep themselves busy waiting the full 45 min before the show that we arrived to the spot once they were handed their chewie steins. Just so you know the lines for Chewbacca during our party was about 10 min or less. So perhaps a good time to visit him or kylo.

Overall. I am glad we did it because the show was fantastic and we had great spots to view it. However, if I was among the many who were walked out following storm troopers I would have been unhappy with my spots. The roped in area seemed very full and had many stroller users like myself that took up space. IMHO it wasn't entirely worth the money, but we had fun and for us it was a one time thing. I wouldn't book it a second time.

I hope that they decrease the number of attendees (which I think they've already done for future shows) and perhaps find a different way to set it up thats less crowded around the food area. Also it would be nice to sit or at least have 1 large low table setup for smaller kids. It was a lot of standing for sure!
thank you for the review, is it ok to link to the first page?

Last time I did the party, instead of using the plates they have I grabbed the bowls they have for the bread pudding/ice cream. You can load more things into the bowls (they are still small) and it won't matter if the cupcake gets knocked over since it's a bowl.
The only solution I see for making the party more comfortable is to expand the tables around it.
They have the space and the capability.
For example: Kylo Ren's line is never that long at the end of the night, how about taking some of the chains down from his switchback queue and putting more tables there, also using the game room.

For anyone going to the party in the future, remember if there are thing you see could use improving or you are upset over something opr even if you loved everything, ask a CM working the party to speak to a manager. They have a manager at each party and direct feedback is the best way to go. If you decided not to say anything during you can still email Disney about it. But there's nothing like explaining what you mean when there's a face to face and you can physically show the people directly responsible

The original number was 125, and even then, there weren't enough tables set up for everyone.
Given that it is 175, the solution is that there needs to be more space allocated. Never say never.

Since its so crowded you are likely going to have to share a table and I'm sure you could just ask the people you're sharing with if they'll hold your spot.

I wonder if something like this would be helpful (and if you're going to F&W it could pull double duty!):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...ate+holder&dpPl=1&dpID=41T190G8TNL&ref=plSrch
:) they had them last year
s-l225.jpg

Just a quick idea for JAWA trading that worked PERFECTLY for us... I bought a pack of different colored rings that light-up and flash. They LOVED them!! Danced around with them on, ran from guest to guest to show them the rings, took their own selfies using DD9's phone... it was HILARIOUS and a ton of fun!! Both DD9 and DS11 traded. :)

We saw a few kids try to trade unsuccessfully (a sticker and something else), so we gave them some rings to trade as well. Didn't get old that night, at least!!

Where did u find the rings....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter