**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

:) they had them last year
s-l225.jpg

these are great!!

So I am patiently stalking the ADR page everyday in hopes that November will open up soon. But with that said I am getting a little nervous that this dessert party might not workout so well for us. We have two kids(5 and almost 1 at the time of our trip) With out being able to take a stroller in or have some sort of chair to put my 1 year old in I just don't see how this will work with the crowds and watching him. Anyone have any input on this for me. DH would love this and not having to stake out a viewing spot is amazing, but I just don't know anymore.

Are they given out for free, given out with a purchase of food and beverage, or sold separately, and if sold, how much? We could probably pick up a couple at Epcot and bring them to the dessert party.
I forgot how much they were but I don't think there were more than $10

So I am patiently stalking the ADR page everyday in hopes that November will open up soon. But with that said I am getting a little nervous that this dessert party might not workout so well for us. We have two kids(5 and almost 1 at the time of our trip) With out being able to take a stroller in or have some sort of chair to put my 1 year old in I just don't see how this will work with the crowds and watching him. Anyone have any input on this for me. DH would love this and not having to stake out a viewing spot is amazing, but I just don't know anymore.
There are benches around the Chewie meet and greet and also more in the Game Room. If you get there early you can grab a table that's right next to 2 benches right outside the dessert party area. You guys can take turns going to get food while the other stays with the kids at the table.

Oh man, please send this to the dessert party management! This would be way better than the steins!!
In the words of Steven Tyler (and without doing any hand gesture) "wait a minute, I love that idea" :)

Met the jawas today. They were fantastic! My son traded each one a light up ring and a metal tiny telescope. They ran around are showed all their friends the telescope and rings. My son got a pen and a sticker in return.

Then my daughter traded with them a metal heart shaped lock from an old diary she had. The jawas took out a long magnet and was so excited that it stuck to the lock. He made a big deal out of it for at least 5 minutes. Then my daughter got a r2d2 like droid piece out of it.

:) they had them last year
s-l225.jpg

Oh man, please send this to the dessert party management! This would be way better than the steins!!

They would be great and I hate to be a hater but Disney does not want guests eating too much or drinking too much as that will effect their bottom line at these dessert buffets. That's why small plates, one bartender and an expansion as to the number of guests.

Indeed, you've paid for your food and drink up front so they already have all the money they are going to get from you.

In contrast, Food and Wine is a la carte so Disney needs you to be able to keep walking and drinking and eating and buying and buying and buying.

Sorry, Disney isn't thinking of the needs and convenience of their guests but how to eek out every dime from us.

They would be great and I hate to be a hater but Disney does not want guests eating too much or drinking too much as that will effect their bottom line at these dessert buffets. That's why small plates, one bartender and an expansion as to the number of guests.

Indeed, you've paid for your food and drink up front so they already have all the money they are going to get from you.

In contrast, Food and Wine is a la carte so Disney needs you to be able to keep walking and drinking and eating and buying and buying and buying.

Sorry, Disney isn't thinking of the needs and convenience of their guests but how to eek out every dime from us.
I'm not sure how it operates but I don't think they keep all the food that is left over during the dessert parties, especially after being put out for everyone to grab. So I don't think they care if you eat a lot. Maybe the small plates have to do with the set up. Small tables, small room to move around...I'm not sure. I really don't have an issue with the small plates since you can go again and again. I understand that with families with kids this might be more of a hassle.

Met the jawas today. They were fantastic! My son traded each one a light up ring and a metal tiny telescope. They ran around are showed all their friends the telescope and rings. My son got a pen and a sticker in return.

Then my daughter traded with them a metal heart shaped lock from an old diary she had. The jawas took out a long magnet and was so excited that it stuck to the lock. He made a big deal out of it for at least 5 minutes. Then my daughter got a r2d2 like droid piece out of it.

OMG I think I met you yesterday on the boat! We totally talked about this! I'm glad that worked out for your kids!

This might be a dumb question, but I've read a lot and watched several videos and it seems like the dessert party is in a different spot quite often, from being outside, in the Disney Jr building, Launch Bay, etc. We'll be there on September 7th. Where can I expect the dessert party to take place? I would way prefer inside/air conditioning with the option to go outside in the roped off area if we choose.

OMG I think I met you yesterday on the boat! We totally talked about this! I'm glad that worked out for your kids!

Yes!!! You did indeed meet me on the boat! I recognize you from your picture. It was great meeting and talking with you, as cozy as that boat ride was. Hope you guys had a great time! Perhaps we will run into you again. We are here for many more days....

Last edited:
This might be a dumb question, but I've read a lot and watched several videos and it seems like the dessert party is in a different spot quite often, from being outside, in the Disney Jr building, Launch Bay, etc. We'll be there on September 7th. Where can I expect the dessert party to take place? I would way prefer inside/air conditioning with the option to go outside in the roped off area if we choose.

Its inside the (air conditioned) Launch Bay now for the food portion - then out to a roped off area for the show.

The party is now being held inside Launch Bay. Previously it was outside (in the reserved viewing area) with Disney Jr being the rain location. Now the treats are served inside, then you move to the viewing area just before the fireworks. They do have some outdoor tables at LB if you prefer.

Its inside the (air conditioned) Launch Bay now for the food portion - then out to a roped off area for the show.

The party is now being held inside Launch Bay. Previously it was outside (in the reserved viewing area) with Disney Jr being the rain location. Now the treats are served inside, then you move to the viewing area just before the fireworks. They do have some outdoor tables at LB if you prefer.

Great. Thanks. That's what I thought but I watched too many videos that had me second guessing :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter