**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

We are going next Tuesday the 30th which now appears to be sold out (there were still tickets last night when I checked). Someone mentioned the Jawa were out and trading but in a different area, earlier in the thread. Is this area easily accessible from the food drink area? We area really looking forward to this event!
The Jawas trade all day long, they are inside Launch Bay in the Cantina area. The area is right next to the dessert party area.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread so I don't know if the Star Wars dessert party dates are continually extended. Will they likely extend to November?

For those that attended, are you packed like sardines in the viewing area? Years ago we did the Anna and Elsa dessert party and it was nice because you had some elbow room.
It should extend to November, right now the schedule is only out until Oct. 1st. The first page, post 4 has all the links to everyone's reviews

STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR2_20160816_7773882991 (1024x683).jpg STUDIO_LBVISACHAR_20160815_7773556335 (1024x683).jpg
hi all. I have read recently that Kylo Ren is not quite the popular meet and greet these days.
my kiddo certainly would like to meet him, though.
Do you know if there are plans to discontinue this meet and greet and if so, who might replace him?

thanking in advance!
Kylo had a 10 minute wait both days we were at DHS. We actually went through his line 3 times as a group and once each individually! I though he was AWESOME. So totally in character in a scary way. He may not be the best for little kids but for older kids and adults he was one of my favorite character interactions ever. I think people are missing out. He threw my son's BB8 ears across the room and got totally in his face and mine. I thought it was hilarious. Here are 2 pics. You can actually see that my son (14) is a bit stressed out. He loved it too...

Last edited:
We are attending the party on 5/9, have only managed rainy day parties in January. I am a little worried about the reports of crowding and extra space "upstairs" because we are a wheelchair party. In the past there were short tables, and in fact lots of tables for everyone. Can anyone comment on accessibility? And changing crowd levels?

Ok...here are my SW Dessert Party reviews. We attended on 8/10 as a party of 3 and on 8/15 as a party of 5. Forgive me, I know this will be long!

We absolutely LOVED it on both nights. For a Star Wars fan, this is a must do. On the first night, we didn't get there until 8:15. We had a couple right behind us get engaged! So magical. We had no trouble getting a table but they did fill quickly. One they second night, we checkid in about 7:50 since they were out there but when we got inside they told us it wouldn;t open until 8:30. We wandered around and I was chatting to one of th efun CMs in the area and he told me - "don't tell them I said this, but they start letting people in at 8 pm." And they did. I really think that they need to do normal height tables and chairs but I have no idea how to cram it into that space. It gets tight fast - but it isn't sardine tight - more like a crowded bar. You do still have room to maneuver, but not a lot. I only saw 3 wheelchair height tables available and on our second night, all three were taken and I saw a woman with a scooter eating at a regular table. My 82 year old MIL and FIL were both in wheelchairs and I was glad they got the lower tables. The higher tables are a really tough height for little ones. My MIL shared her table with a family with a little girl and their table was a much better height for this adorable girl who must have been about 3. I asked on both nights and we were at capacity (175) both nights. For some reason the second night felt much more crowded. I counted around 30 tables - so that is not nearly enough to accomodate everyone. Spread some Disney love and share your table if you can. The longest line was for the bar. Having only one bartender is just plain crazy. With only about an hour inside, there is no way you should have to wait 10 mins for a drink. Get multiple drinks on your trips through the line. The drinks were too sweet for me so I asked for and received plain vodka on the first night. On the second night, the bartender said he wasn't allowed to do that. So, I asked for a drink with just a little mixer and he gave me basically vodka on the rocks with a splash. He had a cup out for tips which surprised me. We don't really carry cash so we weren't prepared for that. On the first night, there was no tipping and the bartender seemed much nicer. The variety of food offerings at this party is far and above the Wishes or Illuminations party. So much to chose from - and so many different options and flavors. Can I just say the bread pudding is delicious. If you are a serious bread pudding fan, go for the underbelly because there are a lot of toppings on that bad boy. It is served with a delicious vanilla sauce and fresh whipped cream in addition to vanilla ice cream. The frozen nutella was also a highlight - the raspberry sauce OH MY!! The cupcakes were a challenge to get out of their wrappers, but our cupcake loving son was in heaven. (Our server at Be Our Guest told us Disney cupcakes are meant to be eaten with a spoon so there you go - the wrappers are not meant to come off!) Keep an eye on your food - they clear the tables in a serious way. I think this is also because there isn't really enough space for everyone. The Storm Troopers were so much fun - they circulated through the party several times and posed for pics with people. They were better about it the second night - so I am sure it depends on the cast member. We loved trading withe the jawas but found them to be pickey. My son was turned away with no trade twice. He is older so it didn't really matter but we saw little kids being turned away, too. I gave a Star Wars ring to a little kid to trade and they even refused that. They also refused plastic gems the second time we tried to trade with them. Maybe something shinier?? They are super cute though - such fun to watch. We left for the viewing at 9 pm on the first night and arrived to find a small line already formed. Another disboard family was right in front of us (hi guys - never did get your names). We got the front right corner when they let us in. The wheelchair area was left empty this night until the wheelchair guests arrived - there seemed to be many wheelchair guests on this night and I didn't see them let any little ones into the area. On the second night when my MIL and FIL were in wheelchairs, we arrived at the viewing area about 9:10 and they had already let a bunch of children into the area. I think there were less wheelchairs on this night. More and more poeple seem to be going out eary so keep this in mind if you are looking for a front spot. The show itself is just awe-inspiring in person. To me, there seem to be as many fireworks in this show as there are in Illuminations. On both nights the walkway in front was kept open and the one to the right was filled. Also, If you are going back to the Beach Club/Yacht Club, Swan/Dolphin or Boardwalk, either walk or get a taxi. We waited for a boat for over an hour the first night

I really think this party is worth the expense - it worked out so well for us. Yes, there are some things that need to be tweaked, but overall, I give it very high marks. I will be filling out both surveys we received. Can't wait to go again.

We are attending the party on 5/9, have only managed rainy day parties in January. I am a little worried about the reports of crowding and extra space "upstairs" because we are a wheelchair party. In the past there were short tables, and in fact lots of tables for everyone. Can anyone comment on accessibility? And changing crowd levels?

We were there with 2 people in wheelchairs. Getting into the dessert party area was no problem as there is a ramp to the left just as you come in. The area with the tables/food would be hard for the wheelchair guest to navigate by themselves. We got there early to get one of the accessible tables ( I think there were just 3) and brought food and drinks to the table for them.

4 times all Jakku - we were bummed!
The Jakku and BB8 are stilled fixed, meaning there's no rotation with the other options in those 2 points of the ride. The rest remains random
Great review...another one for the review post on page 1? is that ok if I link?

from the roped off dessert area there is one side with stairs and the other one with a ramp, so you will not have a problem. There are short tables reserved for people with wheelchairs

The Jakku and BB8 are stilled fixed, meaning there's no rotation with the other options in those 2 points of the ride. The rest remains random
Great review...another one for the review post on page 1? is that ok if I link?

we saw the exact same story all 4 times - I am sure of it. dh agrees - and he almost never does that!! :flower:

thanks - yes feel free to link it. :o)

So at the party, does it make sense to stake out a table while one person gets food for everyone? Or take turns getting food? Or should everyone just get food first and then find a table?

I don't mind sharing a table, but it makes no sense that they wouldn't have enough table space for everyone.

So at the party, does it make sense to stake out a table while one person gets food for everyone? Or take turns getting food? Or should everyone just get food first and then find a table?

I don't mind sharing a table, but it makes no sense that they wouldn't have enough table space for everyone.
This is what works best
They set up inside launch bay 1 hour before the party starts
If you check in early (30 minutes before the party) go inside launch bay and grab one of the tables that are on the outside of the roped off area. There are tables by the Chewie meet, tables at the cantina area and tables in the small outdoor courtyard. (All these tables are outside the ropes, they also have more tables inside the ropes which people tend to wait for instead of grabbing the ones outside)
Pick a table and then when they actually open the party you can take turns getting food and drinks

i agree totally - there should be enough tables. I would say stake out a table. hopefully you have something that you can put on there that is personal to "claim" it. otherwise get some food on it so people know its being used. take turns at first. They are clearing the tables so efficiently they they may appear available.

Chewie was an awesome meet & greet too. so cuddly!View attachment 189290
Whoa!! Your DH is almost as tall as Chewie! I'll bet that got some attention from the big guy :)

DD15 and I did the party Saturday night. Echo what others have said about the limited space, but we found an edge of a table to share. The lighted tables outside were cool if we'd known they were there. Desserts were just meh IMO (but cute for sure).The freeze-dried items were the highlight for DD. I needed chocolate sauce for my bread pudding but was too lazy to worm my way back up there for it. Drinks were delicious, and as others have said, CMs stressed to take items to go if we liked (but we were bagless). The show was just amazing and I can't wait to take the whole family back in Nov. Not sure if we'll repeat the party yet.

With the space that's been allocated inside the Launch Bay for the party by DHS management, there just isn't room to have tables for everyone. It's intentionally designed so that people get their food and drinks however many times they wish, then either mingle in the area or explore the Launch Bay.
If they had larger plates, so you could set your drink on your plate and eat with the other hand, that would work. Maybe they should put a long narrow ledge along that back/side wall, or out where the Jawas are, just to set your drink on. I might bring my own bigger plate next time LOL

With the space that's been allocated inside the Launch Bay for the party by DHS management, there just isn't room to have tables for everyone. It's intentionally designed so that people get their food and drinks however many times they wish, then either mingle in the area or explore the Launch Bay.

There's been no indication yet that it will change, as it appears that the majority of guests are ok with the existing arrangement at both the dessert area and the viewing area. Some people think that it's too tight and others say that it's adequate. I tend to agree with the latter.

That CM was playing with you in that they weren't supposed to tell you. The actual opening time is 15 minutes prior to the published opening time. It's done that way just in case the catering crew hasn't completed the dessert set up. If they run into a delay for some reason, they can always open at the published time and guests will think that it opened on time.

Also, the guest capacity has been 175 for August and is currently showing that it will stay at 175 until at least Sept 17th.

are you a CM FastPasser? You sound very in-the-know!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter