• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Last time I did the party, instead of using the plates they have I grabbed the bowls they have for the bread pudding/ice cream. You can load more things into the bowls (they are still small) and it won't matter if the cupcake gets knocked over since it's a bowl.

This is exactly what we did!

The small plates fit with what I saw all around WDW at QS places - tiny paper plates that could barely hold the food on them. It was so extreme it was almost comical.

Re: Jawa trading -- we took a CD labeled "Death Star Plans - TOP SECRET!", an idea I'd read about here and my son liked. They took it and were quite excited, holding it up, tapping it on the counter, etc.. They didn't take the glow bracelet he tried later. We also saw them reject a bag of cheetos, which was kind of funny (no food).

This is exactly what we did!

The small plates fit with what I saw all around WDW at QS places - tiny paper plates that could barely hold the food on them. It was so extreme it was almost comical.

Re: Jawa trading -- we took a CD labeled "Death Star Plans - TOP SECRET!", an idea I'd read about here and my son liked. They took it and were quite excited, holding it up, tapping it on the counter, etc.. They didn't take the glow bracelet he tried later. We also saw them reject a bag of cheetos, which was kind of funny (no food).
That is too funny!!

They're not doing a good job at figuring out how much food they need because there's always a lot of food left over and you know what they have to do with it? I'm sure they'd rather have you stuff it in a cup, pocketbook etc, rather than having to deal with it afterwards

Using the small plates doesn't necessarily mean that people will eat less, it's just means more trips. But isn't that a good thing? Considering what you're doing, a little exorcise walking to the food tables between eating can't hurt.

I'm also wondering if they use tiny plates in an attempt to minimize how much food and plastic is thrown away. Disney has become very conscious about food waste. Guests are able to leave a lot more uneaten food on the bigger plates than on the smaller plates? At buffet events where the big plates are used, it's rack after rack of half eaten plates of food waiting to be scraped off into the trash.

But Disney wants to get your money again and delivering a good experience is the way to do it. There are a good number of return guests, so they must be doing something right.

I disagree with the first part, but agree with the second part.
My original point about the larger plates was just to have a way to hold my drink, not more food. But yes, making multiple trips is a pain in such a cramped area. And no, I don't need those extra 20 steps "of exercise" on top of the miles I walk in the parks. And if I use 5 small plates versus one big plate, is that really saving waste??

My original point about the larger plates was just to have a way to hold my drink, not more food. But yes, making multiple trips is a pain in such a cramped area. And no, I don't need those extra 20 steps "of exercise" on top of the miles I walk in the parks. And if I use 5 small plates versus one big plate, is that really saving waste??
I feel that the tiny plates are there because of the tiny tables, so if you are sharing a table with another party everyone will have space to put their plate on there

Could somebody confirm when September became available on the basis it might be the same for the October dates as I'm up against my fastpass window and want to get on booking

Did my survey today. Thought it was interesting that they asked specifically about the chewie stein.
Me too. I wish I'd seen that drink-holder Food and Wine plate that @yulilin3 posted before I took mine--I'd have mentioned I'd rather have had that!!

I have the full set of Geeky Tiki SW glasses, so I'm pretty underwhelmed by the plastic head. Gave it to DS12 who we left at home this trip...LOL

Me too. I wish I'd seen that drink-holder Food and Wine plate that @yulilin3 posted before I took mine--I'd have mentioned I'd rather have had that!!

I have the full set of Geeky Tiki SW glasses, so I'm pretty underwhelmed by the plastic head. Gave it to DS12 who we left at home this trip...LOL
yeah I love chewie but I don't really care for the stein and we certainly don't need 6 of them! Giving all but 2 away to relatives. they must be thinking of changing it up if its in the survey. thats good news!

yeah I love chewie but I don't really care for the stein and we certainly don't need 6 of them! Giving all but 2 away to relatives. they must be thinking of changing it up if its in the survey. thats good news!

We didn't like the steins at all from last party we attended - gave them away to friends when we got home. Going to just skip getting them this time (thought about giving them to kids in the park but that late it might be a hassle and maybe a bit weird to do that).

The first week of Sept. SWaGS hours became available July 17th

This is not happy! Boo!

I tried looking back but does anyone know when the last update occurred that should be the '2 week' marker?

I really want to be able to get a desert party reservation but we are going over super busy Columbus Day weekend so I know I need to be on top of it!

This is not happy! Boo!

I tried looking back but does anyone know when the last update occurred that should be the '2 week' marker?

I really want to be able to get a desert party reservation but we are going over super busy Columbus Day weekend so I know I need to be on top of it!
They've been basically updating every two to three weeks. So the later part of september was updated about 2 weeks ago, if the trend continues, October should update next week.

Yeah. I filled out 2 surveys as we attended twice. Rated the stein pretty low. I'd prefer a pin or keychain or something. Something we could easily fit 6 of in a suitcase for one thing!!!

We did two things for the first time and got a unique pin from each: Ferrytale Wishes and Sense of Africa. Would much prefer that for the SW dessert party... and it's genius marketing... Draw people into pin collecting... :D

Also received these plastic F&W type plates for Ferrytale Wishes to collect up our desserts. Helpful, plus a nice souvenir. Can't remember the cost of that party vs the SW party...??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter