**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Quick look and it seems we will have SWaGS every day, schedule is out until March 31st
Dessert party times:
Feb 25th through March 4th at 6:30pm
March 5th through March 11th at 6:45pm
March 12th through March 31st at 7:45pm
Dessert party is an hour and 15 minutes before SWaGS show

Last edited:
Quick look and it seems we will have SWaGS every day, schedule is out until March 31st
Dessert party times:
Feb 29 through March 4th at 6:30pm
March 5th through March 11th at 6:45pm
March 12th through March 31st at 7:45pm
What about the 27th and 28th? We are looking for Feb 27th and right now it shows a time of 6:30 but won't allow for booking.

We just called Disney dining to see if we could maybe book through them. They are telling us that our date is sold out. Could this be right?

Here you go:
Dessert party times:
Feb 25th through March 4th at 6:30pm. SWaGS at 7:45pm
March 5th through March 11th at 6:45pm. SWaGS at 8pm
March 12th through March 31st at 7:45pm . SWaGS at 9pm

That is an excellent question and one I'm not sure how that would work for Stormtroopers. I wouldn't be surprised if Senior Florida Garrison or even at the 501st International level is looking into this with Disney. Not everyone in the 501st can get into the Banquet that evening.

Following the thread at the Legion forums for any updates from LEC or Florida GCO, etc. However, I think the adult-mask discussion is also apt here, because people can purchase (or make) stormtrooper and other masked halloween-type costumes. For example, there's lots of folks that love Mandolorians, who are helmeted characters. I think it's pretty safe to say that one could costume as a trooper or bounty-hunter sans helmet. I also know folks that wouldn't' dream of wearing one without the other, but this is a different type of event.... and as mentioned, it's open to lots more people than the proportionally fewer number that are in movie-quality costuming clubs.

I think that's why I love mash-ups for these types of events. It's obvious the costumer isn't a cast member, and I really enjoy the creativity and artistry that goes into making a well-designed mash-up. That said, I acknowledge and affirm the folks that hate mash-ups.... and can't stand the sight of them. I'm tickled by that, honestly. Just like planning a Disney day, there's multitudinous manners to enjoy your fandom.

I think my husband is planning to bring his zombie trooper, so he can shamble with some other friends in their zombie outfits at Celebration. I'm thinking of being Zombie Luminara from Rebels to join them. I know we can wear them at Celebration, but it's possible that 1) even no-blood-not-gorey zombie armour will be allowed in DHS and 2) scorched-looking face paint may qualify as a mask, which would also preclude any shambling at DHS.

Lastly, shall we make a community thread to chat about this event specifically, and potentially meet up at some point in the night for a big group photo and bigger group hug with Yulilin?

Following the thread at the Legion forums for any updates from LEC or Florida GCO, etc. However, I think the adult-mask discussion is also apt here, because people can purchase (or make) stormtrooper and other masked halloween-type costumes. For example, there's lots of folks that love Mandolorians, who are helmeted characters. I think it's pretty safe to say that one could costume as a trooper or bounty-hunter sans helmet. I also know folks that wouldn't' dream of wearing one without the other, but this is a different type of event.... and as mentioned, it's open to lots more people than the proportionally fewer number that are in movie-quality costuming clubs.

I think that's why I love mash-ups for these types of events. It's obvious the costumer isn't a cast member, and I really enjoy the creativity and artistry that goes into making a well-designed mash-up. That said, I acknowledge and affirm the folks that hate mash-ups.... and can't stand the sight of them. I'm tickled by that, honestly. Just like planning a Disney day, there's multitudinous manners to enjoy your fandom.

I think my husband is planning to bring his zombie trooper, so he can shamble with some other friends in their zombie outfits at Celebration. I'm thinking of being Zombie Luminara from Rebels to join them. I know we can wear them at Celebration, but it's possible that 1) even no-blood-not-gorey zombie armour will be allowed in DHS and 2) scorched-looking face paint may qualify as a mask, which would also preclude any shambling at DHS.

Lastly, shall we make a community thread to chat about this event specifically, and potentially meet up at some point in the night for a big group photo and bigger group hug with Yulilin?
@tstidm1 has a thread on SW Celebration, maybe we can discuss Celebration/SWGN there. But also keep a discussion here for those that are only coming to SWGN
http://disboards.com/threads/a-disers-guide-to-star-wars-celebration.3509321/
We should try and meet at some point

That is an excellent question and one I'm not sure how that would work for Stormtroopers. I wouldn't be surprised if Senior Florida Garrison or even at the 501st International level is looking into this with Disney. Not everyone in the 501st can get into the Banquet that evening.

A HUGE number of 501st have already been chatting this up, we kinda already know the rules... been doing this for a while now with SWW....

None of the masked characters would fly... just like anyone else.
Same with cloaks/capes... hence why I have to worry about Mara Jade's Cloak that I wear.

And we are absolutely not allowed to pose for pictures, like say CM Disney Characters do.... now friends taking pictures, and a group with Photo pass, no problem.

OMG!!! My son just came back from work, handed me an envelope and said Happy Birthday...guess who has two thumbs, is celebrating a birthday and is going to Galactic Nights?????
This super lucky girl :)
What a great surprise!!! You do so much here to keep everyone informed of all things SW related, you deserve to go! Plus, we know we'll get a good review when you are back! :-)

Happy birthday, a day late! :bday:

A HUGE number of 501st have already been chatting this up, we kinda already know the rules... been doing this for a while now with SWW....

None of the masked characters would fly... just like anyone else.
Same with cloaks/capes... hence why I have to worry about Mara Jade's Cloak that I wear.

And we are absolutely not allowed to pose for pictures, like say CM Disney Characters do.... now friends taking pictures, and a group with Photo pass, no problem.
Disney "rules" ar always tricky. I remember everyone stressing over MNSSHP costumes and when I went I saw a whole lotta rule breaking.
Would you be comfortable wearing the MJ outfit and if by any chance they don't want you to wear the cape, then just store it or we can put it in my car?
Mask are a definite no-no

Disney "rules" ar always tricky. I remember everyone stressing over MNSSHP costumes and when I went I saw a whole lotta rule breaking.
Would you be comfortable wearing the MJ outfit and if by any chance they don't want you to wear the cape, then just store it or we can put it in my car?
Mask are a definite no-no

***We will have our car, driving down with all our costumes and gear***

Huge debate going on now for me when it comes to hair... See I went back to my kinda natural hair color with highlights for the wedding... despite the fact that I look ok as a red head I really am blonde/ash-blonde... IF I start dying my hair red again, I would be alright wearing Mara to the parks, even without the cape.... :upsidedow just really need to tone my thighs that jumps suit is something else... :upsidedow BUT if I am still in blonde mode and have to keep sporting a wig for the red, I will not... Hard to do stuff in a wig... especially long haired one.

Check out my cosplay page where a copy of my 501st submission photos are for Mara and you will see three of the 4 variations, two of which are no capes.

Last edited:
***We will have our car, driving down with all our costumes and gear***

Huge debate going on now for me when it comes to hair... See I went back to my kinda natural hair color with highlights for the wedding... despite the fact that I look ok as a red head I really am blonde/ash-blonde... IF I start dying my hair red again, I would be alright wearing Mara to the parks, even without the cape.... :upsidedow just really need to tone my thighs that jumps suit is something else... :upsidedow BUT if I am still in blonde mode and have to keep sporting a wing for the red, I will not... Hard to do stuff in a wig... especially long haired one.

Check out my cosplay page where a copy of my 501st submission photos are for Mara and you will see three of the 4 variations, two of which are no capes.
Gotcha. I would wear what you feel more comfortable then. Whatever it is I know it'll be cool

It looks like they are adding the tour on Wednesday in March as well as Monday and Saturday. Times were loaded this morning, but like the desert party there is no availability yet.

It looks like they are adding the tour on Wednesday in March as well as Monday and Saturday. Times were loaded this morning, but like the desert party there is no availability yet.
thanks for the heads up.
Wow I'm liking this release of info "early"
Actually some dates for Jan opened up as well.

Star Wars Tour
Jan added 25th
Feb added all Wednesdays dates and swapped 20th for the 21st
March added Monday, Wednesday and Saturday with time change from 1pm to 2pm starting to March 13th

@yulilin3 You are gonna see a lot of me in costume.... you are still going to all 4 days of Celebration, right?

Actually IF any of you are going to Celebration too, be sure to say :wave2: I would love to meet you!
yes ma'am, all 4 days. Steph will come on Saturday if she doesn't have Shrek rehearsals . She wants to cosplay as Dr. Aphra but I don't think she'll have time to make it though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter