**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

welcome back!!
My gut is that they might do it May 4th and then Opening night for Episode VIII. But obviously not confirmed.

Yikes! I really hope it's May 4th and not Fri May 5th (since the April one is Fri) or we will not get to see SW fireworks due to Disney last minute scheduling for a 2nd year in a row (we would not be able to do a hard ticket event for multiple reasons). :sad:

Sorry to veer off here, but need your experts advice please, as I royally goofed up. Have been waiting for our date to open for SW Dessert party and checking back every day on MDE. Kept telling me March 1 n/a yet. (Moral: don't trust MDE) Finally called today in frustration to find out the date (as all of you know) has been available and is full. Is it worth checking back for cancellations to see if we can still get in? There are 4 of us and this is special trip for little guy so don't want to tell him if there is no chance. I've been before and we felt it's the best dessert party on property, but he has not been.
Appreciate opinions...not on my stupidity. Am well-versed on that.

Sorry to veer off here, but need your experts advice please, as I royally goofed up. Have been waiting for our date to open for SW Dessert party and checking back every day on MDE. Kept telling me March 1 n/a yet. (Moral: don't trust MDE) Finally called today in frustration to find out the date (as all of you know) has been available and is full. Is it worth checking back for cancellations to see if we can still get in? There are 4 of us and this is special trip for little guy so don't want to tell him if there is no chance. I've been before and we felt it's the best dessert party on property, but he has not been.

You should always keep an eye out to see if anyone cancels. Lots of people over book till things get closer and they start cancelling all kinds of reservations so they are no charged.

It's not sold out, it hasn't opened for booking yet

Oh, now I am confused. See, that's what I thought until I called and then was told it was completely booked. Will try calling again.
The call-center CMs see the same result we do, although they don't know enough to know that the same "tables are unavailable" result is the same when the reservations haven't been fully loaded as well as when things are sold out. Believe me when I say this thread will light up like a Christmas tree when March reservations come available.

The call-center CMs see the same result we do, although they don't know enough to know that the same "tables are unavailable" result is the same when the reservations haven't been fully loaded as well as when things are sold out. Believe me when I say this thread will light up like a Christmas tree when March reservations come available.

I shall hold hope in my heart! Disney Dining said they really didn't know....
Thanks.
Hey, I noticed when I called in they referred to CM's as "agents" now? When the heck did that start? Guess I'm really, really old.

Agreed. You don't even need to hope. I've been stalking multiple times a day, and the last few days of Feb/all of March just got added to the schedule but aren't bookable yet. Earlier veterans posted that typically it can take a day to open up once posted, but since this round of dates was posted on a Friday that we may not see anything bookable until Monday.

Oh, now I am confused. See, that's what I thought until I called and then was told it was completely booked. Will try calling again.

Calling again won't help if it hasn't opened. The phone CMs will continue to tell you the event is sold out when it isn't. Keep checking here and on the WDW site.

Well so far so good i have to say.

Backlot express is your dinner location. You will pre select what you want so its all ready for you.

Tour guides have been good. You get a little ear piece to carry around so you will hear your guides easy enough.

Highlight so far has been march of the first order. You will march down the street right behind them all the way to the stage. Viewing areas for these are great.

Our daughter did jedi training which was another great option.
If you dont have kids doing it you will be taken off to ride great movie ride and catch the end of jedi training.

Star tours is private ship. You will go through a cool different walkway.

We are just finishing dinner now. And off to launch bay which will be followed by meet and greets.

More to come.

Have been waiting for our date to open for SW Dessert party and checking back every day on MDE. Kept telling me March 1 n/a yet. (Moral: don't trust MDE) Finally called today in frustration to find out the date (as all of you know) has been available and is full. Is it worth checking back for cancellations to see if we can still get in? There are 4 of us and this is special trip for little guy so don't want to tell him if there is no chance. I've been before and we felt it's the best dessert party on property, but he has not been.

Try again online! After trying about 50 times over the past two days to book March 3, it just worked five minutes ago! Yay!! Success :) Just keep trying! I think they just opened them up.

I just booked mine (Galactic Dessert Party) for 03/27, thanks @Missyrose ! I may cancel and book the tour instead though, pending @wsssup 's full review. We are huge Star Wars fans, and going at a crowded time of year, and planned on doing everything included in the tour anyway, so this may make a lot of sense for us. Especially since we could avoid the rope drop dash and wait for JTA sign ups, and use our FP's leisurely in the morning for ToT and TSM.

Desert party done. Waiting for fireworks now. Excellent viewing.

Access to Kylo ren and chewbacca are through desert party time. You do not have to wait. You will be sent to front of the line so it is quick.

Overall if you love star wars i think it is worth the price for the tour. It doesnt feel like it drags on at all which was a suprise.

To me its worth it as a once off. Some may not enjoy it but you wont know unless you try.

Nice meeting other people in the group who were all friendly as well.

A thumbs up for me for the tour.

Chewbacca stein is given at the end.
Special nametag and lanyard given at start of tour which i didnt mention.

How quickly does the dessert party usually fill up? We are looking at March 19th. I would rather wait to pay for it next month budget wise but to be safe do I need to go ahead and book?
Some dates definitely fill faster than others. Capacity is only 250 (or is it back to 200?). I wouldn't wait if it's something you really want to do and only have one night as an option.

Some dates definitely fill faster than others. Capacity is only 250 (or is it back to 200?). I wouldn't wait if it's something you really want to do and only have one night as an option.

I can't find anything in March now. Maybe it's just a glitch, because I could book many days in March earlier.

I was finally able to book Feb 28 for the dessert party. I tried about a dozen times this morning (the definition of insanity is....) then I decided to take a break and wait for someone to report a successful booking here.
I decided in the dessert party and not the tour because my husband, though he lives Star Wars, has become a bit crotchety since turning 60, and seven hours is bound to make him cranky. I'm pretty excited for the dessert party though. I love desserts and I love fireworks, so it's the perfect combination.

I did it! I am so excited! I'm not even a SW fan but the rest of my party is and I can't wait to see their faces! My five year old nephew LOVES SW and he's seen the video of the show at HS and I can't wait to share this with him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter