***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for re-asking this question. Our FP+ day is coming in a few days. Our trip starts Oct 15th. Right now October times show AK closing at 7PM. How confident are you that AK will have longer hours than this, and how late would you expect? Awfully hard to make plans and FP+s when you don't know exact operating hours for the parks.

Right there with you. I have been checking MDE multiple times a day. My FP day is a week from tomorrow and I am planning my AK FPs for mid-morning through early evening times- I'll see what I get next week! I think it would at least increase our chances of getting FoP FPs if they would at least continue the posted hours for September, 9-9. I'm assuming they will probably do that, if not later a few nights, because attendance will be higher in October than September. With the sun setting around 7 pm, they better! I want to see it at night at least one time, even if I don't ride the rides then. All I can say is keep checking MDE. Maybe another source will post here sooner, so keep checking here as well! It is very frustrating!!

Read a report from this morning that guests were held at the entrance to Pandora until about 8:50, which is later than it's been recently, yes? Also that they got the full SB queue at RD. Anyone else been there in the last few days and had a similar experience?

Sorry for re-asking this question. Our FP+ day is coming in a few days. Our trip starts Oct 15th. Right now October times show AK closing at 7PM. How confident are you that AK will have longer hours than this, and how late would you expect? Awfully hard to make plans and FP+s when you don't know exact operating hours for the parks.

For hard core planners, this is actually a blessing in disguise if you are one who might be locked out of FoP. Everyone will make their FP+ as soon as they are allowed. Then, the vast majority will leave them untouched. Planners can see that hours were extended (probably later this month or possibly even middle of next month) and can go in and snatch up the extra FoP FP+.

Read a report from this morning that guests were held at the entrance to Pandora until about 8:50, which is later than it's been recently, yes? Also that they got the full SB queue at RD. Anyone else been there in the last few days and had a similar experience?
I'm anxious to know this too. Our trip is Labor Day week with 2 AK days and only one FOP FP. I don't think we will rope drop without the full queue since we have a FP for FOP on another day. But, if they full queue is being used I believe it would be worth it.

Can you provide a link to that report? Thanks!!

Is there much difference between trying to RD FoP on a normal morning and EMH? We're going in Oct and trying to gauge how to do it since we didn't get FP. If you arrive at 7:00 for EMH is that early enough for say 15 min wait when you reach the cue? I was thinking at some point if you are arriving more than hour early and still waiting 30min+ the 2 hr standby doesn't seem too bad:rolleyes:.

We only did one EMH RD vs. three regular RDs. The timing of the EMH day was different relative to the posted opening time. It seemed like things were closer to 8:00 on EMH days vs. being a bit earlier (relative to 9:00) on regular openings. I hope that makes sense.

It seemed like the crowd was closer to the same. An hour ahead should get you plenty close to the front. Even a few hundred back from the front wouldn't put you out more than a few minutes. It takes quite a few at a time.

That said, schedules can change.

For hard core planners, this is actually a blessing in disguise if you are one who might be locked out of FoP. Everyone will make their FP+ as soon as they are allowed. Then, the vast majority will leave them untouched. Planners can see that hours were extended (probably later this month or possibly even middle of next month) and can go in and snatch up the extra FoP FP+.

Yep, "plan" on it closing at 7, be ready to stay later

I just had another reminder lesson to never believe what a WDW cast member tells you on the phone! I was calling to make a payment and check on discounts- still none for me- and I decided to ask about Animal Kingdom hours in October. She asked for my dates and proceeded to read hours to me that either closed at 7 or 9 with one evening EMH. Imagine my excitement! Then I thought those hours look familiar and I asked her, "Are you sure those are for AK, not MK?" and she assured me yes. I looked at my grid and those were exactly the hours for MK. I even called their info line to doublecheck. That survey did not get a very high score, something I almost never do.

I'd like to make this a separate thread, but for now I'll keep it here, if we're still keeping everything in one place.

I'm one of those who *wants* to ride standby on Flight of Passage at park opening, and I *want* to walk the entire queue. So the news in recent weeks about the "fastpass bypass" at park opening has given me one more thing to work out.

If anyone has experiences as to how soon in the morning they have switched over to using the full queue, or if someone has just stepped past the chain and walked the queue on their own, or asked a CM for an OK, please share your experiences.

We'll have to see how all this works out. I'm going to have to make a decision on the fly if it looks like seeing the queue will turn our wait from 15 minutes into two hours.

Thanks.

We only did one EMH RD vs. three regular RDs. The timing of the EMH day was different relative to the posted opening time. It seemed like things were closer to 8:00 on EMH days vs. being a bit earlier (relative to 9:00) on regular openings. I hope that makes sense.

It seemed like the crowd was closer to the same. An hour ahead should get you plenty close to the front. Even a few hundred back from the front wouldn't put you out more than a few minutes. It takes quite a few at a time.

That said, schedules can change.

Thanks that is exactly what I wondering. I was fortunate enough to somehow get a FoP FP+ this afternoon for our last day. Not sure how since our window opened yesterday morning and there was nothing. It was even at a good time for us! We may still try to RD it one other morning at AK which is EMH. Friends who have done it say it is definitely worth more than one ride.

Thanks that is exactly what I wondering. I was fortunate enough to somehow get a FoP FP+ this afternoon for our last day. Not sure how since our window opened yesterday morning and there was nothing. It was even at a good time for us! We may still try to RD it one other morning at AK which is EMH. Friends who have done it say it is definitely worth more than one ride.

We rode it seven times this trip. Four of those were rope drops. We definitely think it's worth it.

How many days are people doing at AK? My FP window opens in 2 weeks. I was hoping to FP FOP on a wednesday in the late afternoon and then again on a Friday for in the morning. Is 2 days enough for AK. We always felt it was a half day park. Basically now I am setting aside 2 half days Wednesday late afternoon to evening and then Friday in the morning.

We can also go to Ak on our arrival day for a 3rd time. Is this too many???? Help I have no idea what to do with this lol

How many days are people doing at AK? My FP window opens in 2 weeks. I was hoping to FP FOP on a wednesday in the late afternoon and then again on a Friday for in the morning. Is 2 days enough for AK. We always felt it was a half day park. Basically now I am setting aside 2 half days Wednesday late afternoon to evening and then Friday in the morning.

We can also go to Ak on our arrival day for a 3rd time. Is this too many???? Help I have no idea what to do with this lol
We planned 1 night (arrival day) and 1/2 day too for AK. We wanted to experience Pandora at night time and day time.

Yesterday we got to AK 30 min before opening (no bags so breezed through ) into park and up by Pandora by 8:50 or so. We were pretty far back already and by time FoP queue up line was stretched back to Lion King- CM saying 2+ hours. So we passed and did Kali 3 times lol. Went back for pm EMH- did Navi with a 20 minute wait (posted 45 minutes) shortly after 10. Walked around a bit (gorgeous at night!) - some spots still dark but doable. Crowded but not packed. Photographers had 2-3 families each in line when we walked by (several times). Waited for FoP at 11-about 90 minutes til in first chamber.(CM was saying 110 minutes).
Ok- queue was nice, inside the mountain area stinking HOT (before lab part)- can't imagine that in heat of day! Lab was cool but not "omg drop dead never miss it amazing" to my son and me-although the avatar is really cool. We were pretty tired so that may have colored perception. Ride was great. Definitely want to do more than once- but will use the FP for it for later in our trip. My (11 year old) son loved NRJ and said he thought it was worth waiting for - and came off FoP speechless (for a bit anyway). He's not one for thrill rides so I wasn't sure how he'd do- said it was worth waiting an hour for and he hates lines and gets anxious in crowds.

Lots of banshees available and bit of wait at park close but not horrible. Tried the NA drink and margarita - ok but very sweet on both.

For those in scooters- had a lady ahead of us in one and she seemed able to get through line pretty easily.

It greatly depends is the only correct answer. Some people still see AK as a half day park (though closer to a whole with the new land, I'd hope). My family puts it as a tie with MK as our favorite park (2 votes for MK vs. 2 votes for AK).

We spent about 30% of our park time at AK vs. nearly 40% at MK. Since everyone's trips have different lengths, this seems a better way to put it.

It's really more about what you hope to accomplish as to how much time to give it. Between rope drop and fastpasses, it's actually not that hard to do FOP.

Well looks like we are riding it at least twice. Managed to get another FP for Oct 7th this morning. Can't imagine why people would cancel them only few days after getting them. Very strange....but I'm glad to have it!
Good for you! I changed my AK day since I didn't think I could get morning FOP FP for 10/7 since early in my trip. It pays to keep checking!

Made FP+ for 10/9 this morning. No FoP of course (it is my day 60), and NRJ was not available until after 5. Going to be a busy day. I also got Safari and Everest. Everest may be a placeholder in case ROL is scheduled later on. I have given up on the "early" FP+ strategy for now, unless I check and find a random FoP available sometime between now and the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter