***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked at Wait Times on MDE and FoP is listed at 75 minutes, 15 minutes before closing at midnight. Are people really getting to the ride vehicles at 1 am? How long past closing have they been staying open? Can someone actually get on the stand by line this late?

I looked back a few pages and see the last "Banshee Inventory Report" seems to be from about a week ago. I realize this can change quickly, but in general, does anybody have any recent info on how the inventory has been holding up? Are they still running out or have they been able to keep inventory levels commensurate with demand? Daughter would like to get one when we arrive next weekend. Thanks!

I made my first visit to Pandora on Friday 8/4/17. It was a quick, rope drop visit. In summary I thought Pandora was extremely well done. FoP was awesome! Navi River was interesting with many small details that will take additional rides to appreciate.

I wrote a detailed report of my early morning experience and posted it in the Trip Reports forum:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/first-visit-to-pandora-8-4-17.3623699/

So I got up plenty early and logged on right at 6:00am here in Midwest to book FP for our Oct trip. Was hoping for a FoP our second morning there.....LOL. Only thing available right at 60 days was our 4th day at 4:00pm, which happens to be our leaving day this trip. (Short trip for DD birthday) Our flight doesn't leave until 7:30, but doubt we could still do FoP and make it back to AKL in time to catch ME at 4:30. So would likely mean Uber ride to airport.

Any suggestions? There are EMH that day so could book morning NRJ and RD FoP, but hate to give up guaranteed ride on it. Originally thought by Oct we wouldn't have any issue getting FP for it, but started to wonder reading reports on here last few weeks.

We watched Avatar as a family this weekend so our kids would have some context for what they'll be seeing in Pandora and they are pretty excited, ESP for FOP.

My touring plan has us RD FOP, then Navi, then several major attractions mostly with FP+, ending our day at around 3. (It will be hot and I don't think we'll want to do animal trails, etc.).

We plan to head back to our condo for dinner and swimming as it will be our 4th of 5 park days and I imagine we will be hot and tired.

Sunset is at 8, with the park closing at 9:30. Would it be worth it to come back from Kississimee just to walk around? DH is really intriqued by what it will look like at night :-)

Just keep checking several times a day for an earlier FOP time. People change their plans all the time.

We have 3 FP+ vouchers for FOP that we received because FOP was very limited when we went for the AP preview. We were not able to ride that day (even though we entered Pandora 30 mins before our 2 hour timeframe) and they gave us vouchers to ride between July and November. We will be going to WDW in about 10 days but we are taking also taking my DD's friend so there is now 4 of us but we only have 3 vouchers. What do you think the odds are that we can bring the friend with us? Do you think it might be worth stopping by guest services and asking for a FP for the friend? Or just at the FP return?

We have 3 FP+ vouchers for FOP that we received because FOP was very limited when we went for the AP preview. We were not able to ride that day (even though we entered Pandora 30 mins before our 2 hour timeframe) and they gave us vouchers to ride between July and November. We will be going to WDW in about 10 days but we are taking also taking my DD's friend so there is now 4 of us but we only have 3 vouchers. What do you think the odds are that we can bring the friend with us? Do you think it might be worth stopping by guest services and asking for a FP for the friend? Or just at the FP return?
I'd for sure stop by and ask. Worse they can do is say no. Maybe they'll say yes. Odds? I wouldn't even begin to guess, it's just going to be based on how friendly the CM you get feels that day. I mean, they have the ability to give you one, without question. Explain the situation and hope for the best and I guess, have a backup plan in case the answer is no. Honestly, if the answer from GS is no, I may even ask at the ride too, explaining that you have 3 passes and a 4th person and see if they'll let you bring them in. Again, maybe they'll say yes, maybe they'll say no. Have a plan in case the answer is no.

We will be utilizing rider swap with a not quite tall enough 4 year old. Does anyone have any suggestions of anything close by for her to do? With preshows between both groups I'm guessing she will be spending about an hour sitting around waiting and most definitely will need something to keep her occupied, but with my mother along we are trying to minimize extra walking.

I'd for sure stop by and ask. Worse they can do is say no. Maybe they'll say yes. Odds? I wouldn't even begin to guess, it's just going to be based on how friendly the CM you get feels that day. I mean, they have the ability to give you one, without question. Explain the situation and hope for the best and I guess, have a backup plan in case the answer is no. Honestly, if the answer from GS is no, I may even ask at the ride too, explaining that you have 3 passes and a 4th person and see if they'll let you bring them in. Again, maybe they'll say yes, maybe they'll say no. Have a plan in case the answer is no.
I would try Concierge/Guest Services at your resort also.

We will be utilizing rider swap with a not quite tall enough 4 year old. Does anyone have any suggestions of anything close by for her to do? With preshows between both groups I'm guessing she will be spending about an hour sitting around waiting and most definitely will need something to keep her occupied, but with my mother along we are trying to minimize extra walking.
There's not a whole lot nearby. Pandora is rather isolated from the rest of the park. They could ride the Safari, possibility, depending on wait times. Also Pagani Trail is nearby there, but would be extra walking they may not want
There are 2, or 3 (my memory is failing) Wilderness Explorer badge locations in Pandora that she could do, if that interests her
There is a drum circle that is fun to watch, with some participation, at least once
Maybe let her get her face painted as a treat for missing out on the ride? That can take 30 min

There's not a whole lot nearby. Pandora is rather isolated from the rest of the park. They could ride the Safari, possibility, depending on wait times. Also Pagani Trail is nearby there, but would be extra walking they may not want
There are 2, or 3 (my memory is failing) Wilderness Explorer badge locations in Pandora that she could do, if that interests her
There is a drum circle that is fun to watch, with some participation, at least once
Maybe let her get her face painted as a treat for missing out on the ride? That can take 30 min

Thanks. I was afraid there may not be anything too close. Face painting is a great idea though. That might be the best way to go and make sure she picks a very big and detailed design!

I looked back a few pages and see the last "Banshee Inventory Report" seems to be from about a week ago. I realize this can change quickly, but in general, does anybody have any recent info on how the inventory has been holding up? Are they still running out or have they been able to keep inventory levels commensurate with demand? Daughter would like to get one when we arrive next weekend. Thanks!
i would like to know this too!

Last edited:
Thanks @AngiTN!

They have the ability to give me a FP? I didn't know that!
Yep, they sure do. We had a freak instance where our door security lock fell in to place when Housekeeping left the room and we had to get maintenance out to let us back in our room, which involved trecking back and forth from our room to the lobby. They gave us FP for our trouble, even though it really wasn't a major inconvenience. Minor annoyance really.

Is there much difference between trying to RD FoP on a normal morning and EMH? We're going in Oct and trying to gauge how to do it since we didn't get FP. If you arrive at 7:00 for EMH is that early enough for say 15 min wait when you reach the cue? I was thinking at some point if you are arriving more than hour early and still waiting 30min+ the 2 hr standby doesn't seem too bad:rolleyes:.

Sorry for re-asking this question. Our FP+ day is coming in a few days. Our trip starts Oct 15th. Right now October times show AK closing at 7PM. How confident are you that AK will have longer hours than this, and how late would you expect? Awfully hard to make plans and FP+s when you don't know exact operating hours for the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter