***Official November 2022 Thread***

I made some changes as I forgot one thing we are doing. Also, I decided that we shouldn't have a sit down meal for our arrival day since we have a 9 hour drive over Thanksgiving weekend.

11/26: Drive down to WDW and check into VGF; Kona Cafe reservation for 6:30
11/27: My kids want to do Typhoon Lagoon, but I'm trying to talk them out of this :D , AKL for some shopping & lunch; Grand Floridian cafe for dinner
11/28: AK and will probably park hop to MK for a QS dinner or dessert so we can see the castle
11/29: MK with Crystal Palace for a late lunch; park hop to HS or have relaxing evening at the resort
11/30: Check out of VGF; late breakfast at O'hana for my :stitch2: loving kids; DS for some shopping; check into BWV; Night of a Million Lights for GKTW; Cape May reservation
12/1: HS; Hoop Dee Do Revue for dinner (our first time!)
12/2: Epcot with Via Napoli for lunch.
12/3: check out of BWV and drive home 😢

Yeah it’s jersey week. We’ve gone around this time before and it hasn’t been bad but we couldn’t really estimate what was “bad” until now (due to the park reservations). I’m also wondering if more people are traveling now that park restrictions (wearing masks and such) have been lifted so now there may be more people. It’s ok though. We have to expect crowds we just hoped for lower crowds. We still miss the parks which are at capacity so there’s a silver lining.

Capacity and park reservations being sold out are nowhere close to the same thing, so try not to worry too much!

We were there the last week of March, and I believe there were days that every park was sold out. The calendar had many red days. It was crowded, but by no means unbearable.

We also arrive on the 4th - it’s getting so close!!

Have a great time!!

I've been proctoring an exam today, so it was a good time to think through the upcoming trip. My friend just got back from her trip and brought me back Food and Wine passports for me to start reading up on. So today I starred my wish list items then created a map plan of the booths! So excited!

For our group (adult kids + SOs), I'm planning to buy each couple one of the wrist-band/gift card things for F&W. Couple of questions:

1. Can I buy those at POP, or must it be in EP?
  2. Would every gift shop have them (will likely buy at first store near Intl Gateway)
  3. I presume if the card is not depleted it can be used anywhere in WDW?

Blizzard Beach is re-opening 11/13! Bummer for us, as we fly home that day, but good news for the second half of the November crowd.

We were glad we tried Typhoon Lagoon in August, but the Ski Patrol area at BB is SO MUCH better for 5-12 year olds.

Question for anyone who has gone to Orlando in November or who live there...

What sort of temps can we expect for mid November? Highs/Lows? We are coming from Canada and I am trying to figure out what to pack!

TIA!

Question for anyone who has gone to Orlando in November or who live there...

What sort of temps can we expect for mid November? Highs/Lows? We are coming from Canada and I am trying to figure out what to pack!

TIA!

You're just going to need look at the local forecasts. Next week looks like lows 65 and highs in 80s. But if a cold front drops down far enough into FL, temps could be cooler.

Unless the forecast shows a cold front coming thru, I'd just bring a light layer to wear in the mornings/after dark (and it'll get dark early as time changes first weekend in Nov).

In December we wore shorts every day and each had a light long sleeve to wear in mornings/evenings over short sleeves. We sat out at the pool each day and people were swimming (pools are heated).

You're just going to need look at the local forecasts. Next week looks like lows 65 and highs in 80s. But if a cold front drops down far enough into FL, temps could be cooler.

Unless the forecast shows a cold front coming thru, I'd just bring a light layer to wear in the mornings/after dark (and it'll get dark early as time changes first weekend in Nov).

In December we wore shorts every day and each had a light long sleeve to wear in mornings/evenings over short sleeves. We sat out at the pool each day and people were swimming (pools are heated).

(converting F to C, thank you Google!) 18C low, 26C high, those sounds like nice temps to this Canadian! Out here on the West Coast those sound a lot like our regular summer temperatures so I think a light hoodie will be all we will need.

We were there in Dec 2015 and wore shorts the whole time, good to hear that we can expect nice to us temps in November.

What about rain in Nov? On our Aug 2018 trip (NEVER again btw, the heat/humidity was insane!) we encountered what I now know to be typical FL afternoon monsoons. :D

Blizzard Beach is re-opening 11/13! Bummer for us, as we fly home that day, but good news for the second half of the November crowd.

We were glad we tried Typhoon Lagoon in August, but the Ski Patrol area at BB is SO MUCH better for 5-12 year olds.
I'm debating whether or not I should tell my kids that BB will be open while we are there. I'll have to wait to see what the weather will be like then. Our tickets are good until Dec 2023; so we can just use them during our May 2023 trip.

I'm debating whether or not I should tell my kids that BB will be open while we are there. I'll have to wait to see what the weather will be like then. Our tickets are good until Dec 2023; so we can just use them during our May 2023 trip.
Waiting for the weather is probably a good call. I feel like it needs to be HOT to enjoy a water park, not just warm, because there's so much standing around in wet bathing suits. Of course, if the dates lined up, my girls would be all about a BB trip no matter the temp. LOL

As usual, I'm spiraling out of control lol

I personally don't enjoy arriving at WDW in the middle of the day, and always try to get a flight that lands in the morning. Well, the only Southwest flight in the morning was fully booked. So, I booked us a flight (which was also non-stop/the cheapest) for the night before that would land around 11PM. The intention was to stay at a random airport hotel and then check in to the GF the next morning, and have a full first day.

Here's where things start to go off the rails. I had also been stalking resort availability for that one night at Pop Century or some other value, all to no avail. Alas, last week there were rooms available at all 3 All Stars, and All Stars Sports was negligibly more expensive than the airport hotel I had booked. So, okay. I'd rather be in the Disney bubble as soon as possible, even if it's just to sleep for a few hours.

So after a bit, I think to myself, "I already have the room. If I just found an earlier flight, I could basically squeeze in an extra day." Of course, the responsible, fiscally conscious thing to would be to keep the plans as they are. And after some initial research, there weren't a ton of reasonably priced options for us. No direct flights, flights with 40 minute layovers, exorbitant prices, etc. And then my friend and I decided to risk it all and take an earlier, direct flight on Spirit, landing at around 1 PM. I've purposely avoided Spirit after hearing all sorts of horror stories, but we decided to just go for it. (If there are any seasoned Spirit fliers who can put my fears somewhat at rest, please do).

SO. Now I've basically just added a day to our trip. Next step is deciding whether or not to extend our park tickets. We originally had a 6 day ticket, with one no-park day in the middle, no park ticket for check out day.

Welllllllll, our flight home isn't until 9:40 PM. That's another whole day that we could be at the parks!

TLDR; in a short span of time I managed to adjust our trip from a 2 resort split stay with 6 day tickets to a 3 resort extravaganza with 8/9 day tickets.

This is what happens when you constantly bombard your traveling companion with radical ideas to change the plan until their resolve wears down to the point where they just say "Jesus take the wheel," and let you run the show. :rotfl2:

I personally don't enjoy arriving at WDW in the middle of the day, and always try to get a flight that lands in the morning. Well, the only Southwest flight in the morning was fully booked. So, I booked us a flight (which was also non-stop/the cheapest) for the night before that would land around 11PM. The intention was to stay at a random airport hotel and then check in to the GF the next morning, and have a full first day.

Here's where things start to go off the rails. I had also been stalking resort availability for that one night at Pop Century or some other value, all to no avail. Alas, last week there were rooms available at all 3 All Stars, and All Stars Sports was negligibly more expensive than the airport hotel I had booked. So, okay. I'd rather be in the Disney bubble as soon as possible, even if it's just to sleep for a few hours.

So after a bit, I think to myself, "I already have the room. If I just found an earlier flight, I could basically squeeze in an extra day." Of course, the responsible, fiscally conscious thing to would be to keep the plans as they are. And after some initial research, there weren't a ton of reasonably priced options for us. No direct flights, flights with 40 minute layovers, exorbitant prices, etc. And then my friend and I decided to risk it all and take an earlier, direct flight on Spirit, landing at around 1 PM. I've purposely avoided Spirit after hearing all sorts of horror stories, but we decided to just go for it. (If there are any seasoned Spirit fliers who can put my fears somewhat at rest, please do).

SO. Now I've basically just added a day to our trip. Next step is deciding whether or not to extend our park tickets. We originally had a 6 day ticket, with one no-park day in the middle, no park ticket for check out day.

Welllllllll, our flight home isn't until 9:40 PM. That's another whole day that we could be at the parks!

TLDR; in a short span of time I managed to adjust our trip from a 2 resort split stay with 6 day tickets to a 3 resort extravaganza with 8/9 day tickets.

This is what happens when you constantly bombard your traveling companion with radical ideas to change the plan until their resolve wears down to the point where they just say "Jesus take the wheel," and let you run the show. :rotfl2:
Ha - I'm the SAME way and I do fully understand that my hubby might seriously stay home on one of these trips b/c I drive him NUTS!

I wouldn’t call myself a frequent spirit flyer, but I have flown them a number of times with no issues. Sometimes minor issues but no more then other airlines. I actually think for a budget airline their customer service is very good. Have I had canceled flights yes, but no more then on another airline, delays, again yes and again no more then another airline. I am flying them again in Feb (just flew the last week). Are they my preferred airline? No but I do not hesitate to fly them, their refund policy does suck and I had a very bad experience with that years ago. But since then no issues.

I wouldn’t call myself a frequent spirit flyer, but I have flown them a number of times with no issues. Sometimes minor issues but no more then other airlines. I actually think for a budget airline their customer service is very good. Have I had canceled flights yes, but no more then on another airline, delays, again yes and again no more then another airline. I am flying them again in Feb (just flew the last week). Are they my preferred airline? No but I do not hesitate to fly them, their refund policy does suck and I had a very bad experience with that years ago. But since then no issues.
This is just the kind of anecdotal evidence I was looking for. Thank you!

We’ve been talking about our trip for awhile now and my daughter has known about it but today I got to blow her mind. She kept saying we were only doing Disney for 2 days but we’ll be gone 13 days including 4 days of driving. When I told her all the time we’ll be gone her jaw dropped. Then she said “this trip will be worth it!” We’re all kind of anxious now as we get closer and closer. We keep saying we just have to get through x amount of days. Tomorrow will be 9.

Eight more days!

As for the World Series, I made reservations at Rix Sports Bar at CSR (where we are staying) for 9:30 pm both 11/4 Friday and 11/5 Saturday night in case we need them. If not we will cancel.

I know we will miss the beginning of the game but WS games tend to run longer. Plus Friday is our first park day and we have the MK dessert party scheduled. So who knows if we will even make it or if we will want to leave MK. Saturday is our PM at DHS and it closes at 9.

I figured it would be easier to be at our resort and have a short walk to our room in case the games run late. Much easier than trying to leave Disney Springs.

Eight more days!

As for the World Series, I made reservations at Rix Sports Bar at CSR (where we are staying) for 9:30 pm both 11/4 Friday and 11/5 Saturday night in case we need them. If not we will cancel.

I know we will miss the beginning of the game but WS games tend to run longer. Plus Friday is our first park day and we have the MK dessert party scheduled. So who knows if we will even make it or if we will want to leave MK. Saturday is our PM at DHS and it closes at 9.

I figured it would be easier to be at our resort and have a short walk to our room in case the games run late. Much easier than trying to leave Disney Springs.
Great call! I am so ambitious pre-trip planning, then get super lazy (but rightfully so!). My biggest unknown is if we will really attempt MK extended hours/deluxe guests until 1:00 am! My kids SO want to go for it, but we will be at Epcot for Harmonious, with our hotel right there (Swan) and it will be so tempting to just saunter out. But I keep reminding myself that we can sleep in the next day b/c it's our transfer day to Universal. Guess we will see!!!!!!!!

I keep watching the weather and seeing the temps increase and I regret booking the week I did :( I hate the heat and it's just now starting to get cool-ish here in so cal. For next week it has gone from 79/80/81 to like 86/87 :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter