***Official November 2016 Thread***

Ugh, Southwest doesn't release 'til JUNE 2nd!!! Freaking 2.5 months away!!

Must be why United flights were a little bit lower this morning and I booked - I wanted to wait for Southwest - so annoying they go until 11/4 and I return on 11/5!!! But at least I got a 6am flight going and an 8:30pm flight leaving, so 2 full park days on arrival and departure days, I'm happy!

Ugh, Southwest doesn't release 'til JUNE 2nd!!! Freaking 2.5 months away!!
I remember that from last year! We booked our Thanksgiving flights with JetBlue last year on March 7th. Then a bunch of people were saying they were anxiously awaiting SW releasing Nov. fares a few months later and I was shocked they were so much later than JetBlue! On the other hand, when those people started posting the fares they got I was way jealous, because flights out of NY to Orlando are hardly ever cheap and some of those SW fares from certain airports are steals!

I remember that from last year! We booked our Thanksgiving flights with JetBlue last year on March 7th. Then a bunch of people were saying they were anxiously awaiting SW releasing Nov. fares a few months later and I was shocked they were so much later than JetBlue! On the other hand, when those people started posting the fares they got I was way jealous, because flights out of NY to Orlando are hardly ever cheap and some of those SW fares from certain airports are steals!
For us SW is so all over the place in terms of fare prices. Once we nail down the dates, I try and find airfare, asap. I'm thankful we did! For the 4 of us round trip from STL to MCO it's $1100... What a bargain!

For us SW is so all over the place in terms of fare prices. Once we nail down the dates, I try and find airfare, asap. I'm thankful we did! For the 4 of us round trip from STL to MCO it's $1100... What a bargain!
$1100 for 4 is definitely a good price! We're happy if we get $1400 for 4. We have a few different airports we can choose to fly from; one being 15 minutes from us but is usually the most expensive. SW doesn't fly out of the 2 closest, and just started flying out of one about 1.5 hours from here so I never bothered with them. Plus I like being able to reserve our seats right away when we book flights, which we can do with JetBlue. And the TV's work for the boys lol. If we don't get our dates set so far out and flights are available, we always book flights right away; unfortunately Thanksgiving is like the one time we end up booking WAY before flights come out. However, we will definitely be booking them next Sunday when they come out, because over the years we've found, at least with JB, the best fares are the ones released right away. I know other airlines go up and down but JB just goes.......up!

Hi everyone! :wave2: Joining in.

We're going November 12-24. Celebrating our 21st anniversary (12 years married but we count the 9 years we dated beforehand b/c why not? :laughing:) and this will be our son's first trip to the World.

Staying in an AoA Cars Suite. Recently booked our LAX to MCO flights and that made the whole trip much more real!

Last edited:
We are in for a huge first time as a family Disney trip Thanksgiving week! Poly style!
Hey, that's awesome! First trips are usually really magical in their own way. :)

We're going November 12-24. Celebrating our 21st anniversary (12 years married but we count the 9 years we dated beforehand b/c why not? :laughing:) and this will be our son's first trip to the World.

Staying in an AoA Cars Suite. Recently booked our LAX to MCO flights and that made the whole trip much more real!
Sounds like a perfect fit for your son. The theming there is really amazing!

To add to my November trip excitement (or do I mean fear :scratchin) I've signed up to do the Wine and Dine Half Marathon! My first Run Disney Even and my first half marathon eep.

Anyone else out there gone a bit crazy and racing too? (when I say racing more in my case bringing up the rear lol) :yay:

To add to my November trip excitement (or do I mean fear :scratchin) I've signed up to do the Wine and Dine Half Marathon! My first Run Disney Even and my first half marathon eep.

Anyone else out there gone a bit crazy and racing too? (when I say racing more in my case bringing up the rear lol) :yay:

I am signed up for the 10K! :thumbsup2 I had a friend want me to sign up for the half but when they added the 10K I chickened out and went for that. She's doing the challenge so at least we can do the 10K together :) Signed my kids up for the dashes too. DH wanted to do the 10K as well but I wasn't able to get him in - which turns out good because he will be with the kids and I can have my adult girl time!

Our days will overlap a bit, we'll be down either the 19th or 20th depending on flights :) And I'm sure your DS will LOVE AoA! We stayed a few nights in a LM room in 2014 and the theming of the whole resort is definitely awesome :thumbsup2

Our days will overlap a bit, we'll be down either the 19th or 20th depending on flights :) And I'm sure your DS will LOVE AoA! We stayed a few nights in a LM room in 2014 and the theming of the whole resort is definitely awesome

I'll be sure to say hello if I spot you in the parks :) Hope your flights work out so you can make it down on the 19th because EXTRA DAY AT DISNEY :hyper: My son has his eye set on the Big Blue Pool and we're hoping it's warm enough so he can take a few afternoon breaks there.

As much as I despite the insane humidity, I hope we have a few warm days to swim.

Living in Southern California, I'm used to heat. But the Florida humidity? Oh, it is NO JOKE. Totally agree with you...it's the worst! Still, my son LOVES to swim so I hope the weather cooperates. Even if that means I melt :laughing:

We are officially booked! Nov 4-13. Now to look forward to making ADR's :)

I'm in the middle of working ADRs into our itinerary in preparation for that 180-day window. I'm looking forward to all the food almost as much as the rides and shows :rolleyes:

Living in Southern California, I'm used to heat. But the Florida humidity? Oh, it is NO JOKE. Totally agree with you...it's the worst! Still, my son LOVES to swim so I hope the weather cooperates. Even if that means I melt :laughing:

I'm staying at Poly and I was told the pools are heated all year round. However, what is the temp like during November?

I'm in the middle of working ADRs into our itinerary in preparation for that 180-day window. I'm looking forward to all the food almost as much as the rides and shows :rolleyes:

Me too. We will show up on a Sunday and I just noticed that Sprit of Aloha is only Tue-Sat. o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter