***Official November 2016 Thread***

Hello, I am joining in the fun. We will be staying offsite 11/26-12/2. Our family's 6th Disney Park trip (myself, DH, DD-11, DS-9, & DS-6) My Dh's sister and her husband will be joining us for their second trip. Our last big park trip was 2013 and last year we took our first disney cruise on the dream with just one park day. Looking forward to planning and maybe seeing some new additions since last time!

Hello, I am joining in the fun. We will be staying offsite 11/26-12/2. Our family's 6th Disney Park trip (myself, DH, DD-11, DS-9, & DS-6) My Dh's sister and her husband will be joining us for their second trip. Our last big park trip was 2013 and last year we took our first disney cruise on the dream with just one park day. Looking forward to planning and maybe seeing some new additions since last time!
Welcome to the group!

Hello, I have just today decided that I am going to take DS13 and DD9 to the World in November. :dogdance:
I had NO plans whatsoever to go to WDW this year, but we just got back a couple weeks ago from the Disney Magic and 3 days at Universal, and being at US made me realize how much I missed WDW. I was originally thinking we'd go back to WDW in 2017, but after looking at the crowd calendars for our Feb. and April school vacations for 2017 and seeing that they both are forecast to be '10s', I scratched that idea. We have gone several years for April vacation and it's been great, but in 2017 Easter is late and falls during that week, so it will be a nightmare I'm sure. I am not touching that week. And February looks horrendous too, I think because it's Mardis Gras/Presidents Day/School vacation all in one week. SO, as I was looking at the school calendar for that 2016-2017 year and lamenting the fact that I wouldn't be able to go.... I noticed there is a week in November where they have a Tuesday and Friday off (teacher training days) and thats when the wheels started spinning.....we could go that week Tues-Sunday and they would only miss 2 days of school! :idea:
So I literally just decided this like an hour ago, I have absolutely no plans in mind, lol. NOrmally I spend at least a year planning our trips, so I feel kind of freaked out that I only have 9 months to plan this one. :hourglass

BTMRR closed August - November 12 I think? Isn't August quite a busy time?

Do they stick to this schedule? Our first park day will be on the 13th and was hoping that both children will be able to ride this for the first time. We are there until the 22nd....something else to keep my fingers crossed for.

I hate looking at the ride closures :sad1:

Sadly it appears they have pushed back the refurb a little. Right now I'm seeing it will be down till Nov 18 and reopening Nov 19th. :scared: Maybe they will be done sooner?o_O

Hello, I have just today decided that I am going to take DS13 and DD9 to the World in November. :dogdance:
I had NO plans whatsoever to go to WDW this year, but we just got back a couple weeks ago from the Disney Magic and 3 days at Universal, and being at US made me realize how much I missed WDW. I was originally thinking we'd go back to WDW in 2017, but after looking at the crowd calendars for our Feb. and April school vacations for 2017 and seeing that they both are forecast to be '10s', I scratched that idea. We have gone several years for April vacation and it's been great, but in 2017 Easter is late and falls during that week, so it will be a nightmare I'm sure. I am not touching that week. And February looks horrendous too, I think because it's Mardis Gras/Presidents Day/School vacation all in one week. SO, as I was looking at the school calendar for that 2016-2017 year and lamenting the fact that I wouldn't be able to go.... I noticed there is a week in November where they have a Tuesday and Friday off (teacher training days) and thats when the wheels started spinning.....we could go that week Tues-Sunday and they would only miss 2 days of school! :idea:
So I literally just decided this like an hour ago, I have absolutely no plans in mind, lol. NOrmally I spend at least a year planning our trips, so I feel kind of freaked out that I only have 9 months to plan this one. :hourglass

How exciting! On the bright side though a smaller count down and less time to wait till vacation! So the big question is now, where are you gonna stay?!! :D I always find choosing the resort one of the more fun aspects of a trip!

Last edited:

What week in November?! That's so exciting! Once my children are older I cannot wait to plan a few scattered WDW trips throughout the year, with them being so little it is too much to do right now

How exci down and less time to wait till vacation! So the big question is now, where are you gonna stay?!! :D I always find choosing the resort one of the more aspects of a trip!

I know! Im on a quest to stay at every resort so it has to be somewhere new. I actually might want to try POP, never been there, and I figure the kids will appreciate it more now vs. When theyre older. 2nd choice would be POR Royal room. I get a certain room discount but availability is limited, and then if FD comes out, POR may be excluded so.....it will come down to whats available for each discount.

What week in November?! That's so exciting! Once my children are older I cannot wait to plan a few scattered WDW trips throughout the year, with them being so little it is too much to do right now

Its the week of 11/8.
The only thing with the kids getting older, it gets harder for them to miss school. In elementary school i dont mind pulling them for a week, but now DS is in middle school and 2 days is probably the max i'd pull him. So from here on out we're stuck doing school vacations for the most part which stinks b/c the crowds are unbearable to me.

Maybe we will have to start doing several short trips per year vs. One long one. ;)

Sadly it appears they have pushed back the refurb a little. Right now I'm seeing it will be down till Nov 18 and reopening Nov 19th. :scared: Maybe they will be done sooner?o_O
Oh nooo, this is NOT what I wanted to see :sad1:.

Fingers crossed they don't push it back even more :scared:

We are booked for AofA from 11/25-11/30....so excited as it's been a few years since we have been back.

Do they normally offer free dining in November? Want to watch to see if any offers may come out that I can have adjusted to our stay.

Thanks!

Its the week of 11/8.
The only thing with the kids getting older, it gets harder for them to miss school. In elementary school i dont mind pulling them for a week, but now DS is in middle school and 2 days is probably the max i'd pull him. So from here on out we're stuck doing school vacations for the most part which stinks b/c the crowds are unbearable to me.

Maybe we will have to start doing several short trips per year vs. One long one. ;)

Awesome, we are heading to CBR 11/12-11/19, I'm crossing my fingers for a discount of some sort!

We're going down for Thanksgiving for this very reason. I pulled my boys out for a week at a time every year while older DS was in elementary school. Then when he started middle school we tried an Aug. trip which really wasn't bad, but I didn't want to do Spring Break and no way were we trying Christmas. So last year we tried Thanksgiving; the boys get off the Wed. before Thanksgiving so they both only missed 2 days and it wasn't a big deal for older DS. We plan to do the same thing this year. He'll be in 9th grade and I'm a bit concerned about the difference 2 days will make in HS vs. Jr. High, but still better than Christmas, Spring Break, or the heat of summer!

And life's too short to miss out on vacations for 2 days of school :)

We're going down for Thanksgiving for this very reason. I pulled my boys out for a week at a time every year while older DS was in elementary school. Then when he started middle school we tried an Aug. trip which really wasn't bad, but I didn't want to do Spring Break and no way were we trying Christmas. So last year we tried Thanksgiving; the boys get off the Wed. before Thanksgiving so they both only missed 2 days and it wasn't a big deal for older DS. We plan to do the same thing this year. He'll be in 9th grade and I'm a bit concerned about the difference 2 days will make in HS vs. Jr. High, but still better than Christmas, Spring Break, or the heat of summer!

And life's too short to miss out on vacations for 2 days of school :)

Isnt it super crazy crowded during TG though?? I always think about that week b/c its perfect with them having the 2 days off.....

I did a couple august trips with DH - left the kids home - I can NOT do that heat again....and esp. Not on a family trip. With DH and I we mostly lounged around a lot, didnt do many rides, just leisurely meals and strolls around the parks, and even just that was unbearable for me with those temps. I would not be able to do it with the kids when were on a mission to cram in every ride, character and show.

I booked POP. Im excited to try it!!!!

Oh nooo, this is NOT what I wanted to see :sad1:.

Fingers crossed they don't push it back even more :scared:

Yeah I was disheartened to see it too! Trying to look at it as it's beyond my control and now I can use my FP+ on something else I might not have normally, like Jungle Cruise! Or maybe they will finish it early.....or maybe I will just win the lottery and can stay at Disney for a month!! :rolleyes::p:tongue:

Isnt it super crazy crowded during TG though?? I always think about that week b/c its perfect with them having the 2 days off.....

I did a couple august trips with DH - left the kids home - I can NOT do that heat again....and esp. Not on a family trip. With DH and I we mostly lounged around a lot, didnt do many rides, just leisurely meals and strolls around the parks, and even just that was unbearable for me with those temps. I would not be able to do it with the kids when were on a mission to cram in every ride, character and show.

I booked POP. Im excited to try it!!!!

We were pleasantly surprised last year as far as the Thanksgiving crowds! We arrived the Friday before T-day and stayed until the Sat. after. The only park that felt crowded before Thanksgiving was MK (not surprisingly) and only after about noon. Then Epcot on Black Friday. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't slow by any means but nowhere near what we expected. It was the busiest time of year we'd ever gone so we were expecting it to be unbearable and JAM-PACKED. What we found were ridiculously long QS lines if you tried to eat between say 11:30 and 1:30, long lines for headliners by late morning/early afternoon which isn't limited to Thanksgiving and no good FP's available after using our initial 3. I know that doesn't sound good lol but by going early in the morning and using FP's later we got a lot done. We also did mini-golf which was great, toured all the Epcot area resorts to see their decorations and did some late nights which worked out.

And the weather was great! It hit the low '80's a couple days, high '70's more often and was in the low '70's-low '60's at night which totally beats August. I hear you on the heat. I despise the heat and have said here on the Boards before that I don't go outside at home once it hits 80 unless a loved one is out there bleeding.......but I did better than I thought I would. Still, I'll take the higher but definitely manageable Thanksgiving crowds over the lower crowds but disgustingly humid weather of August if I can :)

I've heard good things about POP! Right now we're booked at CSR but may try to rent points again for AKV. Impatiently waiting for JetBlue to release their November flights so we can get them booked!

I agree, I cannot take the heat like I used to. WDW in august was torture. I did it because its my bday and that was my excuse to go without the kids, lol. But after 2 times, never again. 65-70 degrees is perfect for me. Over 75 is too "hot" for me now.
Also waiting on flights....I need SW (points) and cannot believe they are not releasing November flights til JUNE!! :sad2:

We were pleasantly surprised last year as far as the Thanksgiving crowds! We arrived the Friday before T-day and stayed until the Sat. after. The only park that felt crowded before Thanksgiving was MK (not surprisingly) and only after about noon. Then Epcot on Black Friday. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't slow by any means but nowhere near what we expected. It was the busiest time of year we'd ever gone so we were expecting it to be unbearable and JAM-PACKED. What we found were ridiculously long QS lines if you tried to eat between say 11:30 and 1:30, long lines for headliners by late morning/early afternoon which isn't limited to Thanksgiving and no good FP's available after using our initial 3. I know that doesn't sound good lol but by going early in the morning and using FP's later we got a lot done. We also did mini-golf which was great, toured all the Epcot area resorts to see their decorations and did some late nights which worked out.

And the weather was great! It hit the low '80's a couple days, high '70's more often and was in the low '70's-low '60's at night which totally beats August. I hear you on the heat. I despise the heat and have said here on the Boards before that I don't go outside at home once it hits 80 unless a loved one is out there bleeding.......but I did better than I thought I would. Still, I'll take the higher but definitely manageable Thanksgiving crowds over the lower crowds but disgustingly humid weather of August if I can :)

I've heard good things about POP! Right now we're booked at CSR but may try to rent points again for AKV. Impatiently waiting for JetBlue to release their November flights so we can get them booked!
That's one of the biggest things I'm looking forward too --- the weather. It may allow us to not have to take a mid day break (we probably still will, but at least for those that want to stay in the parks, can, without feeling like their going to melt)... Did you guys need sweatshirts at night?

Temp-wise, my favorite trips ever were in Feb. Cool in the mornings/evening (meaning need a sweatshirt or light jacket) and warm enough for shorts/no jacket during the day. I'm hoping Nov. Will be similar. April has been a little warmer than I like.....I think I have a pretty small window of acceptable temps for me, lol. Probably Feb-March, and Oct-Nov. I think Dec-Jan. Is a bit TOO cool. :D

That's one of the biggest things I'm looking forward too --- the weather. It may allow us to not have to take a mid day break (we probably still will, but at least for those that want to stay in the parks, can, without feeling like their going to melt)... Did you guys need sweatshirts at night?
We did need sweatshirts most nights and a couple times DH and I needed jeans but the boys were mostly fine staying in shorts. We'd either bring a backpack and keep it in a locker or just go back to the room late afternoon, which was easy if we were at or going to Epcot/HS since we were staying at BWV. I know earlier in Nov. last year it was HOT and people in my Nov. 2015 FB group were very surprised (and not real happy lol) so it can be a crapshoot. When we went the week after Thanksgiving in 2012 the nights got into the 40's!

Temp-wise, my favorite trips ever were in Feb. Cool in the mornings/evening (meaning need a sweatshirt or light jacket) and warm enough for shorts/no jacket during the day. I'm hoping Nov. Will be similar. April has been a little warmer than I like.....I think I have a pretty small window of acceptable temps for me, lol. Probably Feb-March, and Oct-Nov. I think Dec-Jan. Is a bit TOO cool. :D
We loved Nov! We've had 4 November trips so far. That's been our favorite time weather-wise although I think if we hit a good week in Feb/March we'd like that, too. Our one Feb. trip had nights in the 30's and our March trip the same which was way too cold to enjoy walking around late at night! Those months can vary so much though. When DH and I did our adults only trip this past January it was also a bit too chilly than we would have liked but we still had a great time, although it got annoying wearing gloves and a hat every night in Florida! And we're from NY so no strangers to the cold but 40 in Fla. just seems colder than 40 in NY:cold:

We did need sweatshirts most nights and a couple times DH and I needed jeans but the boys were mostly fine staying in shorts. We'd either bring a backpack and keep it in a locker or just go back to the room late afternoon, which was easy if we were at or going to Epcot/HS since we were staying at BWV. I know earlier in Nov. last year it was HOT and people in my Nov. 2015 FB group were very surprised (and not real happy lol) so it can be a crapshoot. When we went the week after Thanksgiving in 2012 the nights got into the 40's!

I was one of them surprised by the weather! We picked the first week of November because the past few years we've gone in July and with my parents joining us that trip my dad wasn't sure how he would hold up in the July weather so we thought we'd have better luck in November. We were there Oct. 30-Nov. 8 and I think it hit 90 every day or close to it! It definitely felt like July! We were told it was unusual for that time of year. Although because it got dark earlier, it did cool down a little in the evenings so it wasn't all that bad. We went swimming a few times but by the time we would get back at night, I already felt cooled down and the pool actually felt cold to me.

Going the same week again this year so we will see how things turn out :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter